A snow blower is a device used in the removal of snow in specific areas where it is not wanted. In most cases, unwanted snow is found on lanes, pathways, on the roads, runways among others. For power, the machine uses either batteries or electric power lines. They range from small ones that perform well in the removal of small inches of snow to large ones used in moving large amounts. Affordable snow blowers are available in most of the stores nowadays. However, when making a decision on which to buy, it is good to consider what types of snow blowers are there. The major three types you will find include the single-stage snow blowers, the 2-stage snow blowers, and sometimes the 3-stage snow blowers. In this article, we will make sure to inform you of the best 2-stage snow blower under $1000 that you will find in the market. Also, a description of how they function and what to pay attention to when purchasing one will be included.
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 5 Best 2-Stage Snow Blower Under $1000: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: WEN SB24E Two-Stage Snow Blower Review
- Clear over 1800 pounds of snow per minute with a 24-by-21-inch clearing path
- 212cc engine combines with adjustable 190-degree Chute to throw snow over 30 feet
- Self-propelled drive wheels feature 4 forward and 2 reverse speed settings
- Sturdy Steel construction along with the notched 4-blade auger make easy work out of ice and snow
- Includes two 13-inch tubeless snow tires, push-button electric start, a chute clearing tool, a recoil starter, a bottle of oil, and a two-year
All Steel Augers: Dirty Hand Tools 106371 Snow Blower Review
Dirty Hand Tools
- Two-stage DHT snow blower makes short work of the deep snow, ice, and crust, enabling you to clean your sidewalk, driveway, or road with ease
- Self-propelled featuring a variable speed transmission to provide just the right comfort level for a variety of operators
- Electric starter with manual recoil backup
- Throwing distance of 36 feet, and a throw shoot with easy to adjust controls allows a wide range of options in angle and direction allowing you to precisely position where your displaced snow is deposited
- LED headlights for lighting your way on those socked in stormy days
Quick-start Technology: PowerSmart PSS2240-X Snow Blower Review
- 212cc PowerSmart engine offers powerful snow-clearing action
- Blower allows a snow clearing width of 24 in. and a clearing depth of 20 in. making it a perfect choice for regions receiving heavy snowfall
- Versatile drive system allows 6-forward and 2-backward speed variations for enhanced driving convenience. 180 chute rotation for better snow-blowing control
- Push button electric start or manual starter. 13 in. inflatable tires deep snow tread bites into slippery terrain
- Adjustable, metal skid shoes that enable alteration in height for easy use on varied surfaces
Most Powerful: PowerSmart DB7622H Snow Blower Review
- Manual start 2-stage gas snow blower
- 212cc PowerSmart engine offers powerful snow-clearing action
- Blower allows a snow clearing width of 22 in. and a clearing depth of 16 in. making it a perfect choice for regions receiving heavy snowfall
- Versatile drive system allows 4-forward and 2-backward speed variations for enhanced driving convenience
- 13 in. inflatable tires deep snow tread bites into slippery terrain
Electric Mitten Start: Yard Machines 208cc Snow Blower Review
Yard Machines 208cc
- Powered by a strong 208cc OHV 4-cycle gas engine with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds
- Clear pathways up to 24" wide in one quick pass
- Offers an easy electric mitten start to keep your hands warm out in the storm and equipped with a clutch lock for easy single-hand operation
- Designed with 13" x 4" snow hog tires will provide excellent traction even on heavy snow and ice
- Perfect size for clearing small walkways, patio spaces, and sidewalks
Buyer’s Guide: Important Things You Should Know About the 2-Stage Snow Blower
Before deciding on whether you truly require a 2-stage snow blower, there are some aspects that you must know. Let’s go through each one of them describing each.
What Exactly is a 2-Stage Snow Blower?
A 2-stage snow blower as the name indicates has two major processes in its functioning. First, it contains an auger that sucks the snow, and lastly, it uses the impeller to discharge all the snow out of the chute.
- How Does a 2-Stage Blower Under $1000 Differ From a 1-Stage Blower?
In a single-stage blower, the auger performs all the tasks of sucking and blowing out the snow. A 2-stage blower on the other hand separates the stages as mentioned earlier. Generally, a 2-stage blower is better than a 1-stage when dealing with large amounts of ice.
- 2-Stage Snow Blower vs. 3-Stage Snow Blower
A three-staged snowblower is considered as an improved 2-stage blower. This is because their functionalities are similar only that a three-stage contains an accelerator with a much higher speed than an auger hence more efficient in removing heavy amounts of ice.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a 2-Stage Snow Blower Under $1000
Below are some of the key features that you must put into consideration before doing any purchase of the best snow blower under 1000.
- Operating area size or the area to be worked on greatly determines what snowblower is perfect for the job. For instance, a larger area requires a blower with a higher rating than a small area.
- Width of the blade and how deep it can go is another factor to consider before buying a blower. A blade with a higher width and depth means that it covers a larger space in a single snow removal process.
- The power of an engine powering a snowblower determines how powerful the blower is. A more powerful blower produces more efficient results than that with less power.
- Generally, choosing an electric powered snow blower restricts you to the one-stage snowblower. However, if you want to eradicate heavy and wet snow, it is best to consider purchasing a pull start engine which is either a two-stage or a three-stage snowblower.
What Are the Types of 2 Stage Snow Blower?
- Electric powered snow blowers are known to be lightweight. For that reason, we would recommend you purchase the best electric snow blower if the depth of snow to be removed does not go beyond afoot.
- Almost all 2-stage snow blowers are powered by gas. They are considered to be more efficient and stronger than those electrically powered.
Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the 2-Stage Snow Blower
Below are some of the disturbing questions most people ask and lack clear answers. We are going to provide a description or explanation in each.
Is It Worth Purchasing a 2-Stage Snow Blower Under $1000 in 2021?
If you have not experienced working with a dual-stage snow blower, there is no reason for you to fear purchasing one. You might be thinking that the budget is too high but it’s worth it since the total work done by the blower cannot be compared to manually done work.
What Are the Features That a Dual Snow Blower Must Have?
There are several features that a dual-stage snow blower should have to work effectively and deliver a good job. Some of them include chute controls, accelerators, headlights for visibility, control via one hand, and many others. If it’s your first time to use a blower, make sure to purchase one with heated hand grips.
How is a 2-Stage Snow Blower Used?
Using a snow blower might be a challenge to many. However, if correct procedures are followed, the process is so easy. First, the product should be unpacked and all gadgets including the skid shoes, blades, and pins installed. At this point, the process is done for work to begin. You should also remember to wear clothing that is favorable to the current weather, usually very cold temperatures.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2021
It is now all upon you to choose one of the best products in the market that best suits your needs. We hope that with our best 2-stage snow blower under $1000 reviews you will not have a problem with that. Remember to consider all the discussed facts in our article to obtain colorful results. Also, we believe that you don’t have any disturbing questions related to snow blowers. If any, visit our page homemakerguide.com for comments. And share your experience with us.