- 1 Top 10 Best Bed Pillows: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Perfect For Sleep - Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow Review
- 1.2 Super Material: #1 Best Seller in Bed Pillows - Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow Review
- 1.3 Most Ergonomic: SORMAG Bed Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.4 The Softest One: COZSINOOR Hotel Collection Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.5 Extra Breathable Cover: Snuggle-Pedic Original Combination Pillow Review
- 1.6 Down Alternative Fill: AmazonBasics Down Alternative Bed Pillows Review
- 1.7 For Side Sleepers: Dreaming Wapiti Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.8 Fluffy & Hypoallergenic: viewstar Queen Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.9 Good For Neck Pain: White Classic Bed Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.10 Luxury Design: DreamNorth PREMIUM Gel Pillow Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Bed Pillow
- 2.1 Why Do I Need Right Bed Pillow?
- 2.2 Do I Really Need To Replace My Old Pillows?
- 2.3 Are there different pillow for different sleep styles?
- 2.4 How to choose best bed pillow
- 2.5 Best Bed Pillows Types
- 2.6 Bed Pillow Cleaning Care
- 2.7 Verdict and our recommendation 2020
Top 10 Best Bed Pillows: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Perfect For Sleep - Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow Review
- FINALLY – YOU HAVE FOUND THE ONE! – Meet the world’s best adjustable pillow. Customize it to achieve just the right individual balance between support and comfort. Whether you are a side, back or stomach sleeper – this is the pillow for you! Get ready for the most restful sleep you can experience.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE, YOU ARE IN CONTROL – Experiencing pain, snoring or tossing and turning are all signs of sleeping wrong. Our unique adjustable design allows you to access the memory foam fill, which you can add or remove to suit your size, shape or sleep position. SLEEP RIGHT! oam fill, which you can add or remove to suit your size, shape, and sleep position. Sleep comfortably and aligned at last.
- IS YOUR PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? – Our Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft Pillows undergo strict, third-party lab testing and are CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified to ensure safety and quality. No toxic or harmful chemicals here! IT`S 100% SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES. Vegan & Cruelty Free – no animals were harmed in the making of this awesome pillow.
- WE CARE – ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS USED! - The case is made with proprietary Lulltra fabric, a blend of bamboo-derived viscose rayon and polyester that provides breathability and softness. Hypoallergenic & dust mite resistant, you can finally wake up refreshed. Unlike other pillows – we freshly manufacture our foam instead of using repurposed materials. A bonus ½ lb bag of fill is included with your order if you need a higher loft.
- YOUR BEST SLEEP EVER, GUARANTEED - You can now purchase with confidence. If you don’t fall in love within 100 nights (although we’re sure you will), contact us directly to return the pillow for a full refund, no questions asked. Each Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow also comes with a 5-year warranty. MADE IN USA.
Super Material: #1 Best Seller in Bed Pillows - Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow Review
- SUPER PLUSH MATERIAL – The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are crafted in super plush gel fiber that puts all other standard pillows to shame! They are expertly tailored to ensure maximum comfort for any and all sleeping positions.
- NO-SHIFT CONSTRUCTION – With their no-shift construction, our pillows are a fantastic place to rest your head. They’re stylish, luxurious, and incredibly comfortable. You’ll fall asleep fast, and stay asleep!
- DUST MITE, MOLD & MILDEW RESISTANT– Our pillows are dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant! Additionally, they are completely allergen and chemical free. They are the perfect choice for those suffering from asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues.
- FADE RESISTANT & STAIN RESISTANT – The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are fade resistant and stain resistant, so you’ll never have to worry! Our pillows are machine washable, and will always feel and look like new!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – We are so confident in the quality of our product that we offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee! If you are unsatisfied, simply contact us to return the product for a full refund.
Most Ergonomic: SORMAG Bed Pillows for Sleeping Review
- Scientific ergonomic pillow. With about 156 3D pillows, by balancing the head, neck and shoulder support, the three-point curve forms a wonderful support that protects your cervical spine, promoting and extending your sleep time.
- Germany imports fillers. 30% 2.5D high quality fiber + 70% 7D high quality fiber.Gold proportions, the most suitable filler for Americans
- 5 seconds fast rebound, the fiber contains trace molecules, which will produce a special fluffy effect. Long-term use remains supportive
- Machine washable, easy to care, after 100 wash experiments, the filling remains fluffy
- What You Get:If you have any dissatisfaction with your pillows, please contact us, 2 years of friendly customer service
The Softest One: COZSINOOR Hotel Collection Pillows for Sleeping Review
- CLOUD-LIKE SOFT - Pillow is made with ultra-plush down alternative filling, mimicking the feel of real goose down. Our pillow provides a perfect balance of comfort and support to keep your spine aligned to improve sleep quality.
- IMPORT ORGANIC COTTON - Our pillow encased in soft, smooth, luxurious organic Sateen Cotton. This high-thread-count cotton pillow cover is treated with an application to protect the pillow. The soft, breathable sateen cover wicks moisture and lets you sleep cool, provides a comfortable sleep experience throughout the night.
- HYPOALLERGENIC - Finally, you can wake up refreshed. COZSINOOR Pillow is made with import down alternative hollow fiberfill, allow air to circulate naturally within the pillow, makes it air slow rebound. Provide you the fluffy and cloud-like feeling. This pillow maintains the neck and head between the natural curve without causing pressure on the neck, helps to reduce neck pain and alleviate shoulder stiffness.
- SKIN FRIENDLY & EASY TO CARE- The pillow is all natural without. It is machine washable and always stay fluffy! Hope you and your family enjoy it！
- ONE MONTH TRIAL, LIFETIME SERVICE– A pillow too comfortable to describe, you’ll just have to try it yourself. Our one-month trial program to guarantee 100% satisfaction.
Extra Breathable Cover: Snuggle-Pedic Original Combination Pillow Review
- NO ZIPPERS, NO FUSS...Self-Adapting technology that doesn't require you to make any adjustments! With Our Original Famous Design, You Can Gather Or Spread Out the Fill to Shape the Pillow To Allow The Pillow to Contour To Your Head and Neck, Giving You Proper Alignment and Orthopedic Support For Side, Stomach, & Back Sleeping. Pressure Relieving Technology Works Great With CPAP Machines and is FULLY MACHINE WASHABLE!
- Shredded Style Combination Pressure Relieving Memory Foam Pillow That NEVER GOES FLAT! Our Top Quality PRIME foam does not contain the Cheap Fiber-Fill and Low Density Foams that Lack Durability and Won't Hold Their Shape, So You Can Maintain That Perfect Alignment As You Sleep. Our Kool-Flow Soft and Luxurious, Extra Breathable Micro-Vented Zipperless Covering Made In The U.S.A. with 43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 percent Polyester, .6 Percent Lycra KEEPS YOU COOL ALL NIGHT LONG!
- Making America's Best Pillows for over 18 Years, 2012 Audited and MADE IN USA CERTIFIED Bed Manufacturer Using Eco-Friendly Biogreen & Certipur-US Certified Foam.
- Hypoallergenic & Dust Mite Resistant. Rolled & Vacuum Sealed For Eco-Friendly Shipping. We use a combination of Biogreen and CertiPUR-US Certified foam tested and shown to be MADE WITHOUT ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and Low in VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million).
- 120-NIGHT LOVE IT OR SEND IT BACK POLICY WITH NO COST RETURNS and CUSTOMIZATIONS when contacting the manufacturer direct. INDUSTRY LEADING 20-YEAR WARRANTY that your pillow will stand the test of time! (PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MANUFACTURER ONLY WARRANTIES PURCHASES MADE THROUGH AUTHORIZED SELLERS (see complete details for more information located on the middle of this page).
Down Alternative Fill: AmazonBasics Down Alternative Bed Pillows Review
- King-size bed pillow (2-pack) offers exceptional comfort; more plush than firm, this density is ideal for stomach and back sleepers
- Down alternative fill for a plush feel; ideal for allergy sufferers
- 100% microfiber shell provides a smooth finish and superior softness
- Piping along the edge creates a neatly tailored appearance
- Comes in a vacuum-sealed pack--allow 24 hours to decompress.
For Side Sleepers: Dreaming Wapiti Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 2 PACK QUEEN SIZE: 18*28 in , Filling is 100% premium shredded memory foam. Washable pillow cover with 60% Polyester, 40% Rayon Derived from Bamboo. We add bamboo fiber to the fabric, make it more softer, stay breathable, and dry.
- FOR YOUR COMFORT: Adjustable pillow fit your unique sleeping, simply open the zipper, by adding or removing foam to find the perfect comfort-for all sleep positions . Unique quilting design, better support the neck. High quality core filling, good resilience, not easy to deform.
- Upgrade package: We update the package, which is easy to open and store The seal design protects the elasticity of the shredded memory foam better and does not become flat and damp caused by warehouse. There is also a small handle on the package, which is easy to carry and is the nice choice for gift .
- EASY TO CLEAN: With the advantage of shredded memory foam, say goodbye to put the entire pillow into your washing machine, we add the soft removable cover, all you need to do is to wash the cover and take the inner pillow out to let the shredded memory foam ventilate.
- What We Provide: We offer 365 night's trial . If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, our customer service staff will reply you within 24 hours.
Fluffy & Hypoallergenic: viewstar Queen Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 【SOFT & FLUFFY】: Viewstar hotel luxury pillows are filled with squishy down-like microfibre for a pleasing plumpness. The gusseted side band design ensure the pillow holds its shape and and don't go flatten. The plush microfiber shell provides a smooth finish and superior soft feeling, making you feel like sleeping on a cloud.
- 【SUPPORTIVE COMFORT】: These set of 2 pillows are made with a great balance of supple softness and plump firmness, providing gentle support and adequate comfort for head and neck, making them suitable for side, stomach and back sleepers.
- 【ALLERGE FREE】: These down alternative pillows are ideal choices for allergy sufferers. Certificated by OEKO-TEX, the pillow cover and microfibre stuffing are made breathable and hypoallergenic to ensure you a comfortable and healthy night’s sleep.
- 【PERFECT SIZE】: These queen size pillows measure 20 x 30 inches, they will perfectly fit in your queen size pillow cases. Our 2 pack pillows come vacuum-sealed for shipping, once opened it will start to fluff up. Please leave 24 hours for the pillow to get to full thickness before using it.
- 【CONFIDENT TO BUY】:These bed pillows are machine washable with tumble dry low, and will always feel and look like new! All product materials are carefully selected, strictly inspected and well constructed to make the pillows durable to daily usage.
Good For Neck Pain: White Classic Bed Pillows for Sleeping Review
- PERFECT BALANCE BETWEEN SOFT & SUPPORT: The gel down-alternative Standard size pillow is filled with the right balance of firmness and softness these pillows will have you falling asleep quicker! Made with Hotel plush gel fiber which results in a soft and comfortable pillow. It offers great support for head and neck, waking up with no more neck pain and headaches.
- HOTEL COLLECTION PILLOW: Providing that luxury comfy plush feeling that you have been looking for, You will be pleasantly surprised with your upcoming night's sleep! Designed Pillows with your comfort in mind, that will make it hard for you to get out of bed in the morning. Standard size Pillows measures 20 x 28 inches.
- SET OF 2 COMFORTABLE FIRM & FLUFFY: our superfine fiber is encased within a 100% cotton casing, a naturally breathable fabric that will keep you comfortable and cool as you sleep; With our pillow no-shift construction and never go flat, no matter what kind of sleeping positions you prefer, you can always get the experience five-star hotel luxury at home every night, Great for gifts.
- HYPOALLERGENIC & EASY CARE: A healthy choice for allergy and asthma sufferers or anyone with respiratory concerns, down alternative filling helps resist mold, mildew and dust mites. Our pillows are no hassle, fade resistant and machine washable. Just pop them in on the gentle cycle with cool water and tumble dry low. Please allow 24 hours for pillows to expand after first opening or washing.
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED: Indulge in luxury that lasts with our complimentary 2-year extended warranty, The comfortable feel and right amount softness and firmness will last for years to come.
Luxury Design: DreamNorth PREMIUM Gel Pillow Review
- LUXURIOUS - Surround yourself with the DreamNorth Cotton Pillows for a better night's rest. The perfect balance between fluffy and firmness to provide the most comfortable sleeping experience.
- REST EASY - Rest your head on these high-quality pillows knowing you can go to sleep in pure comfort and relaxation. The filling of the pillow is made from poly gel-filled fiber to ensure maximum comfort for all sleeping position.
- BREATHABLE COTTON - The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton fabric material to stay soft, breathable, and dry. Machine washable capabilities enables maintenance of its reusability and fresh appearance.
- HYPO-ALLERGENIC - Allergen and chemical free material looks out for the health and wellbeing of our users. Great for individuals with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory difficulties.
- WARRANTY - We offer a guaranteed one year warranty to protect your pillows against manufacturer defects.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Bed Pillow
Why Do I Need Right Bed Pillow?
What else can start your day off better than a good night’s sleep? The thing very few people know is that sleeping with the right pillow can help a lot. “Pillows highly impact the quality of our sleep and the way we recharge and rest”, says sleep expert Breus Michael, clinical psychologist, Ph.D., and author of Beauty Sleep: Look Younger, Lose Weight, and Feel Great Through Better Sleep. Choosing the wrong pillow may easily worsen neck pain, arm, and shoulder numbness, headaches, sneezing, wheezing, and discomfort, says orthopedic surgeon Hecht Andrew, MD.
Even if the wrong pillow will not be the main cause of such problems, using a bad one can definitely exacerbate some of the underlying issues linked to those symptoms. Buying a new pillow is frequently a matter of research and you need to do your homework well if you want to find what’s best for you. This piece aims to help you find the perfect pillow for a great sleep without breaking the bank. High-quality products are the key, but you need to know which those are and it’s not that hard. Read on.
Do I Really Need To Replace My Old Pillows?
There is no exact science to know when it is time to replace that old pillow of yours. However, we’ve written this piece for you to offer high-quality information, and here it is. You can find out pretty quickly if the pillow is not good anymore. If you use a non-foam pillow, just fold it in half. If it does not spring back to its usual flat form, it is time to purchase a new one. Even pillows that pass this test or look like they are in great shape can hide dead skin, dust mites, and body oils. When you’re spending 1/3 of your day lying on a pillow, the filling will simply break down over time. It is wise to replace your pillow(s) regularly.
Sometimes, even though the form of your pillow may be alright, the bad smell could be a sign that you need to replace it. People have different types of skin and some sweat more than others. It’s all about bacteria.
Are there different pillow for different sleep styles?
There’s one simple rule you need to follow if you want to land a great pillow. Know your sleep position and purchase your next pillow according to that. This is where most people make mistakes. They believe that any pillow out there will make the trick, but that simply isn’t true. You need to do a bit of research to see what your actual needs are. To find out what your body craves. Your sleeping patterns are extremely important and you need to take care of this thing before you find that you have a chronic illness.
The ‘neutral alignment’ is the thing we should all be looking for. When sleeping, our heads need not back too far or reach too far forward. There has to be stability – which can be achieved by purchasing a quality pillow that offers enough support.
If you’re a back sleeper: You need a thin pillow, so your head doesn’t lie far forward. The pillow should have an additional loft in the bottom third.
If you’re a side sleeper: You need a firm pillow to fill in the distance between the ear and the outside shoulder. Your pillow should offer enough support as your neck needs it.
If you sleep on your stomach: An almost flat pillow is what you should be looking for. Your head might not need a pillow, but putting one under your stomach can help lower back pain and if you don’t want this to be a chronic one, this pillow is the answer.
How to choose best bed pillow
When shopping for the perfect pillow, you need to know some tips.
Higher cost doesn’t mean higher quality. Even though a pillow costs more doesn’t automatically make it better or the perfect one for you. You don’t need to break the bank to find something that actually works for you.
Try it out in a store. You have the option to lie down in a physical store if you can do that – before purchasing online. If you can do that, take the pillow and put it against the wall and then put your head against it. Ask someone to tell you if your neck is tilting one way.
Chamber pillows have a central chamber of firm filling (mostly for support) which is surrounded by a few layers of squishy and soft filling for extra comfort. It’s used most often with down or feather fillings so that the supportive feathers are tucked into the middle of the pillow while the soft down is around the edges. This type of pillow can also be used for synthetic ones with hollow fiber in the middle and microfibre around the edges for extra softness.
You need to consider three factors when choosing the size of your pillow: how many pillows you need, your bed’s dimensions, and how you will use the pillows. Most pillow sizes correspond to mattresses (queen, king, standard). Of course, you don’t have to follow the trends or play by the rules. You can buy smaller-size pillows to layer them or you can simply buy an oversize pillow to feel cozy on a small bed.
If you own a king-size bed and a standard pillow helps you sleep great, go for that one! There’s absolutely no reason not to choose what actually helps you.
Sometimes the simplest decision it’s purely aesthetic and it’s up to you to make the choice.
Pillow Stuffing Options
There are so many options you can choose from. Common ones are foam, polyester fiberfill, or feather-down combinations. Latex and memory foam has become popular in the last couple of years, especially among people who want more neck support. It’s hard to find out what is right for you, as this usually depends on how you are feeling on a certain day. However, you should have at least 2-3 pillow to choose from (just store them in a wardrobe). Pillows serve many purposes, and if you want one that supports the neck, you can just take it out from the closet. When the neck feels fine, you can just take out your memory foam pillow.
Most experts recommend this type of pillows as being the best for a good night’s sleep. Such pillows allow you to move the stuffing around for additional support. Down means a cluster of filaments spreading out from a central point without a quill shaft. The insulation effect is provided by the air between the down.
Density is hugely important in this case. It should have a higher density as that means less breakdown. This type of pillows offers incredible support without being too soft, but as we said, density matters. It cradles the head and supports the neck very well.
They are extremely popular because they help reduce those pressure points. How? Well, they continuously mold and adjust to the shape of your body as you move during the night. They come in many shapes, including the popular S-shape, great for the neck. However, know that the foam material can make you hot, and sometimes emits chemical odor.
Extremely firm, resists dust mites and mold. It helps with neck and back alignment. Such pillows are usually contoured for head and neck support. Latex is actually a great alternative to memory foam. While the latter can result in additional heat being generated, latex features a quite unique air-flow system. That means it’s extremely supportive and will not lose shape, being super breathable as well.
It is a natural filling which boasts many advantages over traditional feather, foam or fiberfill fillings. Great quality for the relief of chronic or acute pain is that the material actually conforms to the exact contours of any part of your body offering passive support. The buckwheat filling is ‘warm in the winter, cool in the summer’, having incredible insulating properties and the ability to adjust to your size.
Cotton and wool pillows are actually hypoallergenic and resist dust mites and mold as well. Both tend to be firm and if you love squishy pillows, these are not for you. Cotton is naturally sourced and it’s extremely breathable, helping you to get a good night’s sleep. It’s commonly used on covers.
A pillow made of 50% down and 50% feather works well as feathers act like springs and are supportive to a certain extent. If you are avoiding feathers or down because of allergies or asthma, know that there are studies that show they pose no additional risk than a latex pillow – for instance – and may actually be a better choice for you. However, if you are allergic and won’t take a chance, there are other types of pillow options for you, the ones mentioned above.
Preferences differ from individual to individual, yet there are three major types of fillings. Opt for feather or goose down filling if you love to feel somewhat cradled. Such materials help retain warmth and certainly keep you toasty on those cold nights. If you’re purchasing quality versions (and you probably are), look for the fill power indicator, which shows how much filling there is inside the pillow (the more it has, the longer lasting your pillow will be).
Down has a big advantage over feathers, which can actually poke through the material and touch your skin. If you have allergies and still want the big comfort of feathers or down, you can purchase hypoallergenic pillow covers.
If you want the pillow to give a little bit of resistance, yet still offer a soft feeling, go for synthetic fill.
If you want the pillow to conform your head just like a soft cloud, consider a natural fill: down-feather combinations or just down fills. If you want a less expensive option, opt for a poly-cluster fill.
If you want the pillow to feel a bit dense or extremely supportive, choose a memory-foam fill. It provides incredible support, though it softens with use. It’s great for people who have problems with discomfort from a lack of support.
Best Bed Pillows Types
Most pillows are built for certain needs, including neck pain, headaches, and hot flashes. Yes, they are pricey, and there is little research available on how they actually work. Let’s see some of the options.
This type of pillows is favored by many physical therapists and chiropractors, as water helps create a customized level of support and density. This can be very useful if you always change your sleeping positions. No need for multiple pillows with this one, you can have one that changes to astonishing firmness.
They are available in many shapes and materials, adding additional cushioning in the lower bottom of the product to support the neck. Even though physicians occasionally say they can be of help, research performed in Canada in 2007 shows little evidence to recommend these against normal pillows. However, the science behind them is definitely worth a try and you should check for yourself. Something that works for one user might not work for another.
These are said to be the antidote to night sweats and hot flashes, as they include fillings of tiny ‘beads’ that whisk away head heat and absorb it, leaving the pillow cool. Who likes to flip the pillow on the ‘cool side’ a few times at night? Nobody. Therefore, manufacturers have designed pillows with special technologies that keep the pillow cool. If you love this idea – of a pillow that remains cool all the time – have a look at these products, they might actually help you.
There’s actually limited research on this topic, but some individual reports and a research study published in 2006 show that relief is possible. Snoring happens when people lie on their backs. Though there is little information on this topic, there are many snoring sleepers who have found these to provide relief.
The original research was made on diabetes patients and the technology behind this concept is said to increase oxygen content in blood vessels by up to 20%. People have reported less pain after using this type of pillows. These pillows maintain neck and spinal support, open the airway for expanded lung capacity and work for both sides and back sleeping. They can be used in many directions.
Bed Pillow Cleaning Care
You’re purchasing a new pillow to have it for at least 3 to 5 years, so you should probably take cleaning and care into account as well. Make sure you also purchase a pillow protector (which usually comes with the mattress protector) to help to prolong the life of your newly-bought produce. It’s essential to keep your bedding fresh if you want your pillow to live a long life.
If you suffer from allergies or respiratory problems you should consider a breathable cover made from barrier fabric that most allergens can’t penetrate. Search for the BAFA logo on anti-allergy products.
It’s extremely important to clean a good pillow regularly. The pillows usually come with care instructions. Some down and feather pillows can be washed in a washing machine, but some need to be washed by hand. Other brands recommended dry cleaning only. Again, it’s your choice – based on your specific needs. Memory Foam pillows use a velour cover or terry that can be unzipped. Since these don’t need a pillowcase it is easier to clean them. Other types of pillows need to be covered with pillow protectors to avoid any stains, so as to keep feathers in and keep the pillow in the best condition possible.
Verdict and our recommendation 2020
We at homemakerguide recommend reading this article carefully and with your own preferences in mind. Our top picks are based on the hundreds of reviews we’ve read but there’s a personal factor in all the choices we made. Maybe we knocked some products out and those were for you. Consider your sleeping patterns. It’s vital to know how you actually sleep to order the absolute best pillow for your needs. After reading this article you are ready to buy a product that is perfect for you.
A good pillow is just as important as a comfy bed for getting a great night’s sleep. Most of us rarely think of the pillows we use, but we often find ourselves with neck pain, headache or other forms of chronic pain because of this. In addition to providing extreme comfort, the right pillow also gives enough support for the spine and neck, preventing or alleviating many types of pain.
Know that you need to do some research or at least read this article completely as we’ve done all the research for you. It’s all here, all you need to know before deciding to purchase a certain pillow.