Top 10 Best Bluetooth Adapters for PC Gaming: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: 8Bitdo Review
- Supports ultimate software - customize button mapping, adjust stick & trigger sensitivity, vibration control and create macros with any button combination.
- System compatibility: Switch, Windows PC,macOS & Raspberry Pis and more.
- Controller compatibility: all 8BitDo Controllers, PS5, PS4, PS3, Switch Pro, Switch Joy-con, Xbox One S/X Bluetooth controller, Wii Mote, Wii U Pro and more.
- Support 6-axis motion on Switch and Vibration on X-input mode.
- English (Subtitle)
Bluetooth 5.1 Technology: Ubit AX200 Review
- 2. Wi-Fi 6 Technology Powered by Intel AX200 The ax wifi card latest Wi-Fi 6 standard gives you incredible speed ultra-low latency and uninterrupted connectivity with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, Utilizing next-generation Wi-Fi 6 technology, Ubit-AX200 wireless wifi 6 PCIe card is designed to excel in even the busiest of networks for next-level entertainment
- 4. Ubit-AX200 WiFi Card Minimized Lag for Your PC Wireless PCIe WiFi 6 card revolutionary OFDMA reduces lag so you can enjoy ultra-responsive real-time gaming or an immersive VR experience. Broader Coverage Two multi-directional and high-performance antennas with 2 6dBi extends your existing Wi-Fi reception capabilities, Bring you a super-fast internet speed experience
- 5. Centimeter-level Positioning - Bluetooth 5.1 for Greater Speed and Coverage Bluetooth 5.1 adapter for pc, add a "direction finding function" , Ubit-AX200 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.1 Technology achieving 2x faster speeds and 4x broader coverage than Bluetooth 4.2 Connect as many devices as you want including game controllers headphones and keyboards for the ultimate setup
Linux Compatible: Techkey Review
- Mini Size: The extremely small and space-saving USB Bluetooth adapter allows you to leave it on devices without blocking the surrounding USB ports. Just plug it into your laptop and carry it anywhere.
- Fast Transmission Rate: Maximum transfer rate is up to 3Mbps and transmission distance up to 33ft/10M in open space, this Bluetooth dongle allows you to enjoy a seamless and uninterrupted connection.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: USB Bluetooth dongle applies the latest Bluetooth 4.0 with low energy technology, backward compatible with Bluetooth V3.0/2.1/2.0/1.1
- Multi-Device Connection: This Bluetooth receiver gives you powerful wireless data connectivity between your computer or laptop and Bluetooth enabled devices such as headphones, mouse, keyboard, speaker, etc. Not compatible with Mac computer, car stereo or TVs.
- Wide Compatibility: Support Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Raspberry Pi. Driver may be required.
A2DP Technology: TP-Link Review
- NOTE: The item is compatible with windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP. However, on the box there is limited space so the manufacturer do not list all of the versions and just list the most recent versions of windows
- 【Bluetooth 4. 0】 – applies the latest Bluetooth 4. 0 and it is backward compatible with Bluetooth V3. 0/2. 1/2. 0/1. 1. Ub400 turns non-Bluetooth PC or laptop into Bluetooth-capable ( PS4 & XBox Controllers for PC Only )
- 【Plug & play or free driver】 – plug and play for Win 8, Win 8. 1, and win 10. Supports Win7/XP (driver required for Win7/XP and could be downloaded from website free of charge). it is not compatible with Mac, Linux, TV
- 【Nano-sized】 – a sleek, ultra-small design means you can insert the Nano adapter into any USB port and simply keep it there, no matter when you are traveling or at home
- 【Reliability】 – enable wireless communication with Bluetooth-enabled computers, printers, phones and headsets. Utilize Bluetooth low energy) technology for energy-saving wireless connectivity
Incredible Range: EVEO Review
- Instant Bluetooth for Your PC or Laptop - Start enjoying perfect connectivity! Our EVEO mini USB Bluetooth adapter gives you powerful wireless data connectivity between your computer or laptop and Bluetooth enabled devices such as headphones, mouse, keyboard, speaker, cellphone, and more, allowing for seamless connectivity, better productivity, and an uninterrupted workflow.
- Lightning Fast - Finally, a Bluetooth V4.0 dongle that delivers in time, all the time. With a transfer rate of 3 Mbps, you can rely on clean, quick connectivity anywhere and anytime you need.
- One-minute Installation - Plug & Play installation means you can simply plug in to your USB port and enjoy automatic installation in under a minute. For Windows 7 and previous versions, download the free driver available at our EVEO website and install the USB Bluetooth adapter in seconds.
- Incredible Range - With a frequency band of 2.402Ghz - 2.480Ghz, our PC Bluetooth adapter is designed to offer maximal coverage for any need, allowing Bluetooth devices to communicate with each other at up to 10 meters of range! Using your Bluetooth earphones never felt more free.
- Quality worth Purchasing – Enjoy EVEO Bluetooth Dongle anytime you need. Your satisfaction is our top priority. We stand behind the quality of our products and that’s why, you shouldn’t be worrying at all. We manufacture the High Quality Bluetooth Dongle!
2x the Transmit Speed: EDUP Review
- EDUP PCIe Wireless Network Card with Wi-Fi 6 Technology-- This Wifi 6 Card delivers higher peak data rates and up to 4x capacity in dense or congested environments. With Intel AX200, 2400Mbps over 5GHz or 600Mbps over 2 4GHz for online gaming and 8K Ultra HD video streaming, all without buffering
- WiFi 6 Card with Bluetooth 5.1 Adapter -- supports OFDMA and AX MU-MIMO technology, the AX3000 wireless card provides up to 4x more capacity than AC WiFi to connect more devices at once
- PCI Express WiFi Card with More Coverage -- The beamforming and 2 x 6dBi high-gain antennas in the wifi 6 adapter work together to adapt your WiFi and focus signal strength towards your devices for stronger, more reliable coverage
- Wi-FI 6 Card with Bluetooth 5.1 Technology: Our bluetooth use brand new 5.1 technology that expand the range of 4 x bluetooth signal, no need to worry the signal will be weak in the room and waiting long time for transport the large files, the new bluetooth 5.1 will solve this problem, and it can connect with the mouse, earphone, keyboard and other bluetooth devices ( Note: you have to insert the power cable to the Motherboard 9-pin interface for Bluetooth function )
- Excellent Compatibility -- Support OS Windows 10 64-bit for desktop; Upgrade your Wi Fi speeds up to 3000Mbps. Frequency 5. 8GHz up to 2400Mbps, Frequency 2. 4GHz up to 600Mbps. It is the best choice for desktop for online gaming and 4K Ultra HD video streaming. Backward Compatible with IEEE 802. 11 ac/b/g/n.
Ultra-small Design: ASUS USB-BT400 Review
- Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter
- USB 2.0, Up to 3Mbps and Over 10 meters in free space
- Frequency Band: 2.4~2.4835GHz unlicensed ISM band
- OS Support: Windows 8 , 32bit/64bit / Windows 7 , 32bit/64bit / Windows XP , 32bit/64bit
Low Energy Technology: Sabrent Review
- Compatible with Bluetooth V3.0/2.1/2.0/1.1
- Enable wireless connectivity between a laptop and a cellular phone
- Access internet via a Bluetooth Mobile phone with GPRS/CDMA or Bluetooth-enabled PC with an internet connection
- Connect a Bluetooth headset to your PC
- Bluetooth specification v4.0 Class 2 with low energy technology
6dBi High-Gain Antenna: EDUP USB 3.0 Review
- WiFi usb adapter up to 1200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds on 5GHz (867Mbps) and 2.4GHz (300Mbps) bands. Dual band reduces interference for better connections to more Wi-Fi devices, Use Roaming technology, promise high effective wireless connect
- Operating System : WiFi function ( Support Windowns Vista / XP / 7 / 8.1 / 10 / Mac OS 10.6-10.15.3 ) ; Bluetooth function ( Support Windowns 7 / 8/ 8.1 / 10 ; No support Mac OS / Windows XP / Vista )
- USB 3.0 WiFi Bluetooth Adapter: Giving your devices access to the latest dual-band Wi-Fi router for faster speed and extended range, and Bluetooth 4.1 creates connection for more Bluetooth enabled devices.
- 6dBi High-Gain Antenna Adapter: A high-gain antenna greatly enhances the reception and transmission signal strength of the USB adapter.Wide Wi-Fi Coverage, lag-free stable performance; U-MIMO technology ensures more devices process data simultaneously, no more delay in sequence.
- Easy to Install & Warranty: 1) Install the driver ; 2) Plug it in ; 3) Go. Please make the Free Support call: 3232481976 , One year manufacturer replacement warranty and 45 days no questions asked return policy ; Warm Tip: If the CD can not be used, please download the driver from link : szedup.com/ep-ac1690-driver/
Highly Recommend: SUMEE Review
- For Windows 10 / 8 / 8.1 / 7 / Laptop or desktop computer. Turns Non-Bluetooth PC or laptop into Bluetooth-capable.It is NOT compatible with Linux, Xbox 1,TV or Car stereo systems.Kindly note:the built-in Bluetooth on the computer will cause a conflict.Please disable the previous Bluetooth first.
- Supports Bluetooth speakers, headphones, headsets, keyboards, mice, Game Controller,and more. Extremely compact USB adapter. Safe to leave in for laptop travel. Energy efficient.
- Bluetooth V5.0 & 20m Bluetooth Signal: Mini Size Dongle USB Stick Adaptor Latest Bluetooth 5.0 version to offers high speed up To 3 mbps Wireless Transmitter Enables Long Range Connectivity Up to 20m in open space. Support dual-mode, low power, simple pairing, good anti-jamming features. Fully compatible with older Bluetooth equipment.
- Easy to Use: Before plugging the Bluetooth 5.0 USB Dongle Adapter into the USB port, please FIRST install drivers via MINI CD disc, or download driver to install (You can find the drive link from our product description ) . Once you've run the software, you can simply insert the adapter to get connected.
- This product with 24-Month Warranty. Step-by-step Installation Guide Manual for quick support and convenience.
Buyers Guide: Best Bluetooth Adapter for PC Gaming
What is a Bluetooth Adapter?
Have you seen the USB connector wires that come with power adapters of your smartphones or the simple pen drive? Turns out that Bluetooth adapter is another USB device like these models, except that it has an antenna for transmission and reception of signals. If you want a seamless experience on your gaming laptop using a wireless controller, choosing a dongle is the best option.
How Does Bluetooth Work?
The technology of Bluetooth is completely wireless. It does not employ any cables or wires for connectivity but transmits radio signals which are generally low in power, between the frequencies of 2.400 GHz and 2.483 GHz. The 2.4 GHz is the standard bandwidth all over the world, for it provides a good range while consuming less power.
How to Choose the Best Bluetooth Adapter for PC Gaming?
Normally the best Bluetooth USB adapter can connect to all types of devices. When it comes to Operating Systems, Windows OS like Windows 7 will not pose any problem. However, Mac or Linux operating systems might not always be compatible with your adapter. Hence, we suggest that you purchase an adapter that has the latest versions such as Bluetooth 4 or 5. Then it can support all Bluetooth enabled devices with older versions of the technology.
In case you are wondering which version of the USB Bluetooth adapter for PC to purchase, it’s best to choose the current update, Bluetooth 5. Why? According to Bluetooth Adapter for PC gaming reviews, Version 5.0 has some advantages over Version 4.2 such as better speed, backward compatibility or supporting devices with older versions, and dual audio connectivity. To make it easier for you, we have made a comparative list of the features of Bluetooth 4.0 and 5.0 respectively.
|Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Speed||The data transmission speed is 1 Mbps. The bandwidth is 2.1 Mbps.||The transmission speed is 2 times higher than Bluetooth 4.0 and the bandwidth is 5 Mbps.|
|Range||10 meters.||243 meters.|
|BLE||Energy efficient||Also consumes low-power|
|Backward Compatibility||Compatible with versions older than 4.0 but not advanced versions like 4.2 or 5.||Supports devices that have older versions such as 3, 4, and 4.2.|
Class 1 or 2
The class of a Bluetooth device refers to its power consumption limit. Usually, there are 3 classes of Bluetooth devices- 1, 2 and 3. However, type 3 devices have a very limited range, as low as 3 feet; hence these aren’t suitable for gaming PCs.
|Class||Power||Power Limit||Sample devices|
|Class 1||High||100 megawatts||USB Bluetooth adapter for personal|
|Class 1||Medium||2.5 megawatts||Battery-powered mobile devices, smart card reader|
- USB Adapter
As mentioned above, a USB Bluetooth adapter is plugged into a USB port for transmitting radio waves. The sleek and micro-size of these devices make it easy to connect to your personal computer, and you can keep it plugged in, no matter wherever you are carrying your PC. However, it also has its disadvantages as dongles can connect only to those Bluetooth devices which have a USB port, and will support only two devices at a time. Moreover, installing the driver software for dongles might be quite a hassle at times.
- Internal Bluetooth Card
Some modern devices have internal Bluetooth cards, though usually it is an optional part of the computer. You can search for this device in the Device Manager to be sure that you have the internal version.
Among the three classes of Bluetooth available, namely classes 1, 2, and 3, the transmission range varies significantly. Class 1 adapters can send and receive signals at 100 megawatts, and the transmission distance extends up to 100 meters or 328 feet. Class 2 adapters have a range of 2.5 megawatts, with a range of 10 meters that is, 33 feet. For class 3 devices, the range is even lower than 10 meters. Ultimately, choose an adapter that will meet the requirements of your gaming monitor.
BLE technology is the acronym for Bluetooth Low Energy and is more popularly known by its market name- Bluetooth Smart. Its USP is its energy-efficiency and is ideal for smart devices such as cell phones and tablets. It will not drain the battery and will also consume minimal data for data transmission.
The connection is secured through three basic levels. First, the devices are authenticated, then the information is encrypted to prevent third-party access to the data being transmitted, third, the devices are authorized. Hence, this transmission is more secure than data and file transfer via the internet. The radiation emitted by Bluetooth devices is non-ionizing, so you do not have to worry about any potential carcinogenic physical effects.
How to Connect Bluetooth Adapter to Windows?
It is quite easy to connect your PC Bluetooth adapter to Windows operating system. First, you have to plug the external adapter into your USB port. Then, you have to install any driver required for the adapter. Once installed, you can connect the external Bluetooth adapter to any compatible device and turn the item on. Often, turning on the device will pair it to your computer. If that is not the case, you have to click the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, toggle the switch on and add the device.
What Data can be transferred Via Bluetooth?
Using this you can send and receive various types of data, such as audio, video, graphics and HTML files, “.apk” files as well as any kind of contact information. Your Bluetooth receiver for PC will help you safely transfer data from your phone to your computer for storage, without uploading to any drive.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
Now that you have read the buyer’s guide, it’s time to check our recommendations about the best Bluetooth adapter for PC gaming 2020. Our top pick is the 8Bitdo Wireless Bluetooth adapter, which is compatible with advanced Windows OS such as 7, 8, and 10. It will also work great with Raspberry Pi and Linux. Its BLE technology will save energy and transfer data at 3 MBPS. We hope that this compact and portable Bluetooth 4.0 dongle will prove the perfect aid to your gaming journey.
- 1 Top 10 Best Bluetooth Adapters for PC Gaming: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: 8Bitdo Review
- 1.2 Bluetooth 5.1 Technology: Ubit AX200 Review
- 1.3 Linux Compatible: Techkey Review
- 1.4 A2DP Technology: TP-Link Review
- 1.5 Incredible Range: EVEO Review
- 1.6 2x the Transmit Speed: EDUP Review
- 1.7 Ultra-small Design: ASUS USB-BT400 Review
- 1.8 Low Energy Technology: Sabrent Review
- 1.9 6dBi High-Gain Antenna: EDUP USB 3.0 Review
- 1.10 Highly Recommend: SUMEE Review
- 2 Buyers Guide: Best Bluetooth Adapter for PC Gaming
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation