- 1 Top 10 Best Budget Computer Speakers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: 360-Degree Sound - Logitech Compact Laptop Speakers Review
- 1.2 Easy To Use: Best For Small Rooms - TaoTronics Wired Computer Sound Bar Review
- 1.3 Modern Design: AmazonBasics USB-Powered PC Computer Speakers Review
- 1.4 Most Affordable: Logitech Stereo Speakers Review
- 1.5 LED Lights: GOgroove Desktop Speakers for Laptop Computer Review
- 1.6 Versatile: Logitech Multi Device Stereo Speaker Review
- 1.7 Enhanced Audio Projection: GOgroove Computer Speaker Mini Soundbar Review
- 1.8 Great Bass: ELEGIANT Computer Speakers Review
- 1.9 Space-Saving Size: ARVICKA Computer Speakers Review
- 1.10 Versatile Bluetooth Unit: Cyber Acoustics Bluetooth Speakers with LED Lights Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Budget PC Speakers
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Budget Computer Speakers: Comparison Table
There are some designed specifically for games, some focussed on delivering big sound with a compact system, and some that are simply reliable all-rounders. By checking our detailed review, you’ll be able to find out all about the best computer speakers on the market. There’s a surprisingly large selection out there, and we’ve picked ten of the best ones. We’ll be able to tell you exactly what to expect from the best budget computer speakers, and how to make sure you really get the most out of your money. Good cheap computer speakers need to make the most of affordable technology, and it’s not always easy to find the best computer speaker setup possible. But with a bit of research in the right places, you can ensure that you’ll not be left disappointed when you invest in the best budget computer speakers. Plus, we’ll be able to let you know what a wide variety of users have to say about the computer speakers. That way, you can ensure you have the lowdown on what to expect for your investment
Best Overall: 360-Degree Sound - Logitech Compact Laptop Speakers Review
- Immersive Logitech 360-degree sound for crystal-clear, room-filling audio
- Ported, down-firing subwoofer delivers deep, rich bass. Satellites(height x width x depth): 8.3 x 3.4 x 4.5 inches
- RCA and 3.5 millimeter inputs for easy connections to gaming console, DVD player or iPod
- Integrated headphone jack for private listening. Subwoofer - 18W. Total watts (RMS) - 30W
- 30 Watt (RMS) of power produces big, bold full-range sound
Easy To Use: Best For Small Rooms - TaoTronics Wired Computer Sound Bar Review
- Wide Array of Compatibilities works with any device that has a standard 3 5mm headphone jack such as PC s/ laptops/ smartphones/ tablets/ projectors
- Impressive audio high-quality sound suitable for enjoyment at work or other small space
- Simple operation plug in the USB port for power and plug the pink cable for mic and the blue cable for headphone Dial The knob for volume to start the oomph LED accents set up the ambience
- Microphone & headphone enabled 3 5mm Microphone input and headphone output make it handy for late-night movies or gaming sessions
- Slim design works well with your computer or TV while letting users play What they want without sacrificing valuable desk space
Modern Design: AmazonBasics USB-Powered PC Computer Speakers Review
- High-performance USB-powered (5V) computer speakers with bottom radiator for “springy” bass sound
- Simple plug-and-play setup (no drivers needed); in-line volume control for easily adjusting the volume
- Brushed black metal finish and blue LED accent lights for sleek, modern style; padded base for scratch-free placement and stability
- Frequency range of 80 Hz - 20 KHz; 2.4 watts of total RMS power (1.2 watts per speaker)
- Measures 3.9 by 2.6 by 2.8 inches (LxWxH); weighs approximately 1.4 pounds; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Most Affordable: Logitech Stereo Speakers Review
- 2.0 stereo speaker system
- Compact size that delivers high quality audio without using too much space
- Response Bandwidth: 50Hz 20KHz
- 2.2 Watt, nominal Output Power
- Convenient headphone jack for private listening, built in knob for easily adjusting volume
LED Lights: GOgroove Desktop Speakers for Laptop Computer Review
- USB POWERED so you only need to plug in the built-in USB power cable and AUX headphone jack into your PC for a streamlined Plug-n-Play audio solution, without the need to take up an AC outlet
- 2 INCH DRIVERS with dual passive bass woofers and rich stereo 7W RMS speaker output (3.5W per speaker) for unexpected oomph and a powerful upgrade over your computer's built-in speakers
- COMPACT LOW-PROFILE DESIGN ideal for small desks or office workstations with limited desktop space, while the cable connecting both speakers conveniently affords 3 feet of separation from each other
- METAL SPEAKER MESH and a white casing featuring LED accent lighting (with On/Off switch) combine sleek aesthetics with a durable material build for an appearance that can compliment any PC or Mac
- TECH SPECS: 3-Year Manufacturer Warranty | 7W RMS (3.5W x 2); 14W Peak | Drivers: 2” | Impedance: 4 Ohms | Frequency response: 120Hz–20KHz | Dimensions: 5.8 x 4.4 x 2.7 in | USB/AUX cable length: 5ft
Versatile: Logitech Multi Device Stereo Speaker Review
- Versatile setup with speakers that connect easily to computers and other devices via Bluetooth wireless or 3.5mm cable
- Logitech Easy-Switch technology lets you seamlessly switch between audio devices Just by pausing the Audio on one device and pressing play on the other
- Each speaker has one active/powered driver that delivers full range Audio and ONE passive radiator that provides bass extension.
- On-speaker headphone jack Plus convenient controls for easy access to Bluetooth wireless pairing, power and Volume adjustments
- Works with Bluetooth enabled devices and any device with a 3.5mm input including a computer, television, smartphone, tablet and music player
Enhanced Audio Projection: GOgroove Computer Speaker Mini Soundbar Review
- SLEEK SOUNDBAR AUDIO FOR YOUR COMPUTER – The UBR speaker uses wired connections for universal compatibility and features a low-profile soundbar design to free up desk space and reduce cable clutter
- IMPRESSIVE SOUND – Upgrade your underperforming built-in speakers to the UBR soundbar, which features angled drivers that optimize sound projection to produce mids & highs for full-range stereo audio
- SIMPLE SETUP IN MINUTES, ANYONE CAN DO IT – Plug and play installation (no software needed) with USB cable for power, 3.5mm AUX cables for audio input and optional 3.5mm microphone pass-through
- HEADPHONE & MICROPHONE PORT ENABLED – The UBR extends the ports from your computer so that you can connect 3.5mm AUX headsets directly to UBR when you want private listening or late-night gaming chats
- CONVENIENT VOLUME KNOB – The sleek Power & Volume dial is within hand's reach and features a glowing LED light that completes a premium computer speaker design | 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Great Bass: ELEGIANT Computer Speakers Review
- 【Rich and Crystal Clear Sound】: Treble sound and heavy bass multimedia speakers fill a room with so much music comes through crisp and clear which provides you a more enjoyable stereo sound experience, turn your desktop computer or laptop into the sound system. These elegant and sleek USB powered 5WX2 Computer Speakers will fill the room with your music, movies, or computer games.
- 【Simple Operation, AUX&BT Mode】: USB plug and play, no need for batteries or a power cord. Plug in the USB port for power and plug the pink cable for mic and the green cable for headphone. The round knob on the right side needs to be turned up. Effective distance can reach up to 10m/33feet, compatible with most bluetooth devices, You can stream music from your multimedia device directly to this computer speakers.
- 【Sleek & Unique Design】: SR300 PC speaker is not only technically innovative but also innovative in design. In the case of the case, we have chosen a high-quality ABS varnish, which promises a long life and protection against wear. Aluminum alloy and LED lights also help it to become more fashionable. Size: 4.25 x 3.42 x 7.87 inches, 2.56 pounds.
- 【Colorful LED Lights】: The desktop speakers alternately emit colorful lights, which is attractive in the dark. Enhance the atmosphere of watching movies and playing games. You can press and hold the M button on the speaker for 2 seconds to turn the LED lights on/off.
- 【Compatible with Multiple Devices】: Compatible with iPhone,Tablets, Smartphones, play audio from Laptops, PCs, Mp3 player, perfect for home, dorm room, kitchen, bathroom, car, parties.
Space-Saving Size: ARVICKA Computer Speakers Review
- CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND, SMALL BUT MIGHTY- The SP-106 USB laptop speakers deliver powerful sound for PC, computer, Echo Dot, tablet, smartphone. With ARVICKA computer speakers you can not only get clear audio but also high and low sound all easy access. The sound fills the room better with ARVICKA PC speakers. The volume can go pretty high which good for cinephiles and misic lovers. Purchase 2 sets of Arvicka external speakers for 12W sound.
- BLUE LED LIGHT, SIMPLE OPERATION- Blue light will on when turn on the LED switch. The built-in USB cable provides power for speaker set without special drivers, batteries, or an external power supply, no need any additional software. Small computer speakers have a 3.5mm jack to plug in a MiniDisc player, MP3 player, iPod, cellphone and any other 3.5mm port-equipped mobile media players. Through AUX IN connectivity, ARVICKA pc speakers offer a surprisingly decent amazing sound output.
- ONE KNOB CONTROL, LED SWITCH AVAILABLE- Arvicka external computer speakers provide you a more enjoyable audio experience. One knob control on the back of one LED speaker for adjusting the high/low volume super easily. The V2.0 Small pc speakers are designed a LED switch, you could turn off the light if you want.
- WELL-DESIGNED, FINE WORKMANSHIP- Concise and vogue design makes ARVICKA desktop computer speakers more compact and smart. The black color makes it ultra elegance and cool. Sleek appearance fits seamlessly along most USB-equipped devices. ARVICKA small computer speakers optimize the sound quality, minimize the distractions of fluctuating volume. Upgrade to a fantastic stereo sound experience, enjoy music, movies and games with the stereo surround sound system.
- PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT- A perfect holiday gift for your beloved ones. 1 YEAR WARRANTY AVAILABLE- His- and- hers present speakers for lovers, couples. Compact size for limited space, perfect for home, office，school，basement. 100% test before shipping. 12 months worry-free warranty available. Buy it without worry.
Versatile Bluetooth Unit: Cyber Acoustics Bluetooth Speakers with LED Lights Review
- COLORFUL ROOM FILLING SOUND: Match the color of your gear, your room, or your mood with this powerful and dynamic 2.1 sound system. Color selectable LED drivers deliver your music with flair. Choose green, blue, red, purple, yellow, light blue, white, continuous color changing, or keep the lights off.
- EASY BLUETOOTH PAIRING: Your music is more likely in your pocket these days, now you can easily connect on the fly to your smartphone, computer, laptop, iPod, or quick connect with a simple 3.5mm audio cable.
- PARTY TIME – GAME TIME: Enhance the party, enhance the game… with lights! Perfect for dorm rooms, living rooms, home theater systems, or match to your computer and audio gear.
- CENTRALIZED CONTROLS: With all the controls located right on the subwoofer, you have control of: Bluetooth pairing, LED color lighting selection, power on/off, master volume control, treble and bass control, headphone jack, 3.5mm aux / RCA input connections.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Includes 1 year hassle free manufacturer warranty. AC power 110V only.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Budget PC Speakers
How to Choose The Best Budget PC Speakers
First off, it’s worth making sure you know exactly what kind of sound system you want. Within the price bracket that we’re examining, there are really only two different kinds of systems: 2.0 and 2.1. The difference is that the 2.1 comes with a separate subwoofer (hence the .1) while the 2.0 is only a pair of speakers. So you should give some thought to exactly what you want to use your speakers for.
If you’re looking for the best computer speakers under 50 for getting the most out of music, film, and television, you may want to consider going for the 2.1. The added bass that a separate subwoofer unit can offer is really able to make a difference to your listening experience. Plus, when you use a sound system with a separate subwoofer, you generally get much greater control over your bass levels. That means that you can customize your sound to suit your needs.
This review only covers best budget PC speakers, so naturally, we’re not looking at the much higher-end models, that can end up costing thousands of dollars. Thankfully, at the budget end of things, there are more options than there have ever been before. You should probably put some thought into just how much money you’re prepared to spend on the best computer speakers, but if $50 is your maximum, you should consider investing that much. Some of these speaker systems are genuinely impressive, but on the other hand, it all depends on what you’re looking for.
We’re happy to say that the vast majority of best budget computer speakers we looked at provided pretty solid sound quality, especially given the price. But if you’re a serious audiophile, you may want to consider investing in a 2.1 system. Not only will you get to benefit from a higher quality of bass, thanks to the subwoofer unit. You’ll also probably be able to enjoy high sound quality in general and get a good return on your investment. But if you really want to make sure that you make the right decision, it’s worth ensuring that you do your research.
If you’re planning on using your sound system for a variety of things, it’s worth double-checking that you’ve got a wide variety of connections available. If you’re the kind of person who often has friends round, you may find yourself constantly switching between inputs as each person offers their own personal music from their phone or mobile device. You’ll want to ensure that when you invest in the best budget computer speakers, you pick up a system that has a selection of ways to connect. And not only will you want multiple inputs, but you may also want multiple outputs. There are a few reasons why you may need to use multiple headphones. Maybe you and your friends need to keep the volume down. Anyway, it’s worth thinking about.
These days, a large number of sound systems out there are primarily connected to devices via USB. That generally means you can simply plug it straight in and enjoy the top quality sound without having to download any extra software. However, there’s always a chance you may need to download new drivers, especially if you’re using an old computer or laptop. Thankfully, a large number of devices also come with a 3.5mm input jack. However, the jack input also means that, if you have a lineout cable, you can simply plug in your device and start enjoying the sound. It’s handy, and thankfully it mostly comes as standard, even on best computer speakers under 50.
Volume and Bass Controls
With the best budget computer speakers, you’ll be able to enjoy complete control over your sound levels. To be honest, the odds are that you’ll be able to enjoy greater control over your levels if you make use of a subwoofer, as with a 2.1 system. That way, you’ll have an entirely separate unit that contains the bass, with its own controls. However, if you’re relying on a 2.0 system, you can still make the most out of your speaker controls. With an equalizer on your PC, laptop or mobile device, you can enjoy complete control over the levels of your system.
These days, some of the higher-end systems also come with a controller that allows you to adjust volume and tone with complete ease. All the controls are housed in a small, convenient box, as well as the additional inputs and outputs. It’s a fantastic system that lets you control just about every aspect of your system without even having to get up from where you are sitting. Plus, you can manage all inputs and outputs easily.
2.0 systems generally offer less in the way of a customizable sound, at least as far as it goes with controls on the actual speakers. You’ll generally be able to control some of the high ends, but the bass may be somewhat limited. Obviously, pretty much all speaker systems come with volume control. Some are inline, some are on the speaker unit itself. 2.0 systems don’t generally include a controller box, so you won’t be able to enjoy the complete convenience. But on the other hand, you’ll be able to save some cash, which could make a big difference.
Basically, the big divide in best computer speakers under 50 is that 2.1 speakers will always be far less portable than 2.0 one. It’s obvious, as the larger speaker systems involve a subwoofer box. This box is generally made out of some kind of decent quality wood, such as MDF, resulting in a relatively substantial weight. Plus, the speaker and driver itself generally have a fair amount of weight to is. As a result, hefting two speakers, plus a subwoofer, plus a controller box, will not be the easiest thing in the world. If you’re simply moving these devices from room to room, there won’t be any problem. Plastic housed speakers are universally pretty light. However, if you’re planning on purchasing a setup that could be easily moved from site to site, it may be worth discounting a 2.1 system.
Even among 2.0 options, some speakers are considerably easier to move around than others. The vast majority would easily fit into a backpack without any difficulties, making them completely portable. Some others, such as bar speakers, are a bit of a mixed bag.
Naturally, nobody wants to pick up good speakers for the computer that aren’t good looking. There’s a huge range of designs available out there, offering something for just about every taste. Most of the designs these days are fairly futuristic, though we have come across a few impressively classic designs.
One thing that’s pretty much guaranteed is that your subwoofer will be housed in a plain black box. Frankly, this is the way it has always been done. It’s a good choice though, especially since most of these devices are compact enough to fit comfortably under a desk or into a corner. And these days, you can even get some speakers that make use of LEDs and impressive lights to make your system look that much cooler. It’s a sound investment for the consumer looking to really stand out from the crowd.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
So there it is our complete rundown of everything you can expect when you go looking for good budget computer speakers. We hope that our comprehensive guide has told you everything you need to know. At the end of the day, there are a lot of features on offer out there, enough to suit just about any taste.
For the money, we’d recommend the Logitech Compact Laptop Speakers. It’s a really amazing speaker system that completely knocked our socks off. The sound quality was completely out of this world, with unbelievable bass that had the floor shaking. We were impressed, and we guarantee that you and your friends will be as well. It may not be the cheapest option around, but we just couldn’t get past that unbelievable sound quality. The design is beautiful and could fit in just about anywhere. The levels were easy to control, and really, there’s not much to fault with the Logitech Compact Laptop Speakers. If you’re looking for a new system, homemakerguide recommends you investigate.