Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Carpet Deodorizer: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Hoover CleanPlus Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer Review
- Concentrated powerful detergent solution for everyday stains, odors, dirt and grime on carpets, area rugs, upholstery, and car interiors
- Fresh linen scent
- Use with a Hoover PreTreat Spray to ensure Best results and continue to use it as part of a regular maintenance program to extend the life of Your carpets
- Safe for use in leading spot and Full size deep cleaning machines, including Hoover, Bissell, and Rug Doctor, when used as directed
- Phosphate free, non-toxic and septic safe; Made in the U.S.A
Strong and Safe: ANGRY ORANGE Carpet Deodorizer Review
ANGRY ORANGE Ready-to-Use
- FIERCE & FRESH: Super-powerful Cat and Dog stain deodorizer
- URINE ODOR REMOVER SOLUTION: Our formula smells like fresh oranges because it is MADE from oranges!
- READY TO USE: No more mixing! Use this pet stain remover directly on dog pee, cat urine or solid waste
- STRONG AND SAFE: This pet spray has 2X more odor fighting power. Safe to use around your pets and children
- MULTIPURPOSE DEODORIZER: Works on carpet, tile, wood floors, driveways, litter boxes, grass, pens, and more
Long-lasting Freshness: Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Carpet Odor Eliminator Review
Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh
- Eliminates Odors & Releases Pet Hair and Dirt
- Vacuum Booster - Helps vacuums lift up to 25% more dirt
- Leaves behind a pleasant fragrance for long lasting freshness
- Excellent on pet accidents, dirt and debris
- Also absorbs and eliminates odors from smoke, mold and mildew
Sanitize Formula: Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover Review
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria on carpet soft surfaces.*
- Penetrates to eliminate pet odors at their source.
- Cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes.
- For use on carpet and upholstery.
Easy to Use: Glade Carpet and Room Refresher Review
- Room freshener eliminates deep down odors and freshens your living room, bedroom, and den
- Specially formulated carpet deodorizer fights even the toughest cooking, pet, smoke, dampness and mildew odors
- Easy to use; Simply sprinkle the carpet powder evenly over the carpet and vacuum thoroughly for a clean, fresh scent in minutes
- Also for use on upholstery, automobile interiors, and drapes
- Use Glade carpet freshener powder for pet odor removal and as a general carpet odor remover
Award-winning Quality: Bodhi Dog Odor Carpet Powder Review
- ELIMINATES PET ODORS TRAPPED DEEP IN CARPET FIBERS: Effectively clean the carpets and rugs in your home and office the fast, easy way, leaving them smelling fresh and clean. Simply sprinkle on and vacuum up! Our powder eliminates foul odors left by stinky, smelly messes caused by urine, feces, poop, pee, vomit, throw up, puke and accidents. Our formula lifts away lingering and old odors. Its professional strength makes it excellent for homes with multiple pets.
- NATURAL FORMULA MADE FROM CORN COBS: Our earth friendly formula is safe to use around your pets and kids. It's ultra gentle on your carpets, keeping them looking better, longer. The non-abrasive formula won’t cut carpet fibers causing irreversible damage like the products using baking soda. Our plant-based formula is 100% biodegradable making it better for the planet than other chemical based products. It also reduces static electricity buildup and leaves your carpet feeling softer.
- AWARD-WINNING QUALITY: Winner of the 2020 Family Choice Awards. A coveted consumer award program recognizing outstanding pet products while enriching the lives of our fur friends. Professional strength that can be used to clean smells from urination and messes left by dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, ferrets, guinea pigs, and rabbits. The crisp scent is not overpowering and does not smell like strong chemicals
- HELPS VACUUM LIFT 25% MORE FUR & DIRT: Loosens up dirt and fur from shedding boosting the effectiveness of your vacuum for a better and deeper clean than vacuuming alone. It can be used all around your home in a living room, bedroom, kids room, den, basement, and on furniture upholstery, drapes and automobile interiors.
- OUR ETHICAL FAMILY COMMITMENT: Proudly made in the USA using socially responsible practices, locally sourced and sustainable ingredients, animal cruelty free production and eco-friendly recyclable packaging. We are a small family owned business of pet lovers committed to making great products that are safe for you, your pets and the planet!
Child and Pet Friendly: Rocco & Roxie Professional Odor Eliminator Review
Rocco & Roxie
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymatic bacteria that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas -- anywhere stains happen.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full
Highly Recommend: ANGRY ORANGE Enzyme Stain Cleaner & Pet Odor Eliminator Review
ANGRY ORANGE Enzyme
- ALL THE FURRY LOVE WITHOUT THE NASTY MESSES! Our enzyme active pet stain and odor remover can tackle any stubborn stains and foul smells, like stinky pet urine, feces or even vomit. We take care of what’s unpleasant, you just enjoy your pet’s cuteness & cuddles!
- WHEN SCIENCE COMES TO THE RESCUE! It’s not just another pet carpet cleaner. Angry Orange uses a nature’s miracle, enzymes, that don’t just mask the bad odors and stains, they destroy them! The powerful enzymes activate upon contact & ensure 80 hours of freshness.
- A GREAT SCENT. Most products use harsh ingredients & odors. Our Stain remover spray, made from enzymes and natural ingredients, will leave a subtle orange scent behind & it’s perfectly safe to use around your pets or children.
- ALL PURPOSE ENZYME CLEANER! Pets can be sneaky when they make a mess, that’s why our stain remover can be used on any surface, from carpets and hardwood floors, to litter boxes, furniture, pillows, clothing or even outside in the garden.
- Happy Pets & Happy Owners! We’re sure you’ll love our enzymatic cleaner, but if you ever have any issues, our Customer Support team is just one email away for refund requests.
Made in the USA: Capture Carpet Dry Cleaner Review
- Safe for all types of carpets including Wool and Code S fabric, silk, surfaces and material. Spots do not reappear. Re-sealable lid, easy storage container.
- Prolong life of carpet and fabrics. Combine with Capture Pre-Mist (sold separately) for very difficult stains spots and spills. Remover of dirt, odors and moisture from pets, dogs and cats
- Absorbent deep cleaning powder: Wet cleaners add moisture to your carpets, rugs, upholstery, furniture, sofa and couch. Capture Powder Cleaner removes the moisture and removes the stains and smells.
- Safe in home with kids and pets. Safe for use with all vacuums.
- Clean Up To 400 square feet - 4lb Pail Made in the USA.
Best Formula: Hoover Max Deep Cleaning Carpet Shampoo Review
- PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH: Attacks and removes pet odors & stains including urine, feces and vomit
- ENZYMATIC CLEANING INGREDIENTS: Deodorizes and breaks down the worst pet messes, leaving your carpets smelling fresh
- ENHANCED CLEANING PERFORMANCE: When paired with a HOOVER stain remover and carpet washer
- FOR USE IN FULL-SIZE DEEP CLEANING MACHINES: Including Hoover, when used as directed
- MADE IN THE USA: With US and globally sourced ingredients
Deciding Between Deodorizer and Vacuum: Which One is the Best?
If it has come to your wit’s end on what to choose between a vacuum cleaner and deodorizer for your carpet, there are a few pointers that will make all the difference and help you make a choice even better.
A vacuum cleaner is excellent when you want to get rid of dust, pet hair, and other dirt that might be in your mat, but will not neutralize any bad odors in the mat. Deodorizer acts as a carpet odor eliminator and will remove both dirt and bad odor. There is also a rug odor remover for pet urine, a luxury you might not get with a vacuum cleaner.
Deodorizers for Carpet are also way cheaper compared to vacuum cleaners. A good vacuum cleaner will cost about $100 while a good deodorizer goes for $20.
While rug deodorizers might sound like all good compared to a vacuum cleaner, a carpet odor remover might get rid of bad but will not eliminate the source of the odor itself. Vacuum cleaners thrive at this.
The Main Types of Deodorizers for Carpets: Pick Your Favorite
There are two types of carpet deodorizers, pick one that works best for your rug and cleaning needs.
Powder carpet deodorizers are the most common methods of deodorizing. It is a 2-step process. You sprinkle the powder deodorizer on the carpet and then vacuum it to remove the fine powder traces on your rug.
Get the best carpet deodorizer powder that will not cause any allergic reaction on your kids or irritate your nose.
While this spray is highly effective, you should buy it if you have a vacuum cleaner or wouldn’t mind vacuuming your rug afterward.
Spray Air Fresheners
Spray deodorizers make for the best carpet stain remover. They also do a quick job. With these, you direct the spray to the mat, leave it to dry, and leave it clean. It does not need any further scrubbing or vacuuming for it to work.
However, if you are after more comprehensive cleaning or carpet deodorizer for pet urine, you will need a different type of spray deodorizer. With this type, you spray the rug, dab it with a cloth, or pass it over with a vacuum, and your carpet will be clean and crisp like a new one.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Rug Deodorizer for You
You have read the best carpet deodorizer reviews and are yet to choose the best deodorizer for carpet 2021 for you. Well, there are more factors to look out for. We have listed them below.
Your Preferences and Needs
Before you buy a deodorizer, think about the issues you are facing with your carpet. Each deodorizer tackles different problems that carpet owners face. A deodorizer for food spills might not be the best deodorizer for pets.
- The best carpet deodorizer for pets gets rid of pet odors and clear pet stains.
- A refreshing deodorizer will leave your carpet smelling nice and give you a variety of great scents.
- Pro deodorizers will tackle the worst smells and will leave your house with a haven smell.
For pet lovers, consider buying a pet-safe carpet odor remover to protect your pets from poisoning due to the products’ chemicals.
Compatibility with your Mat Type
Ensure that you check the carpet’s instructions or check with the manufacturer on how and what products to use to clean your rug. You need to check and ask how long does carpet last upon application and use of certain chemicals as some will not only ruin it but will void its warranty.
When buying products associated with chemicals, check on the environmental friendliness of it. Biodegradable deodorizers make the best alternative for the planet and you as well. Non-abrasive formulae will protect your carpet fibers from damage. It is also paramount to make sure you get pet safe carpet deodorizer for your furry friend.
Hacks for Protecting Carpet Odor
While getting the best deodorizer is the first step in leaving your rug smelling nice and fresh, it does not end there. You should be able to protect your mat from these rancid odors and dirt coming back even tougher and more stubborn. Here are some good hacks;
Avoid Wearing Shoes Inside the House
When you step on the carpet with shoes you had on outside; you bring both dirt and bad odors from the outside. Shoes also have a hard tread on the rug compared to bare feet and socks; hence, they will wear down your mat more.
You should invest in getting a good shoe rack to put your shoes at once you get in from the outdoors and put on indoor slippers or socks. Dragging shoes around the house can also spread muck and dirt from different rooms, like the kitchen, to your mat.
Vacuum Your Carpeting Regularly
Carpets need to be vacuumed as regularly as floors. Regular vacuuming, especially for people living in dusty areas, prevents the accumulation of dirt in your mat. Dirtier carpeting will need a slow vacuum pass as a quick pass will not pick all of the dirt up; it will leave the dirt tougher with every vacuum.
Use Rug Protection
If you keep spilling things or have kids playing around the house, it is best to protect the mat rather than using a lot of cash for cleaning products.
When you spray liquid cleaner on the mat, it will prevent any liquid spills like pet pee, wine spills, and others being absorbed and leaving a hard stain.
Keep Your Vacuum Clean
Working with a dirty vacuum will make your mat even the dirtier as it will leave fragments of dirt in it. Therefore, you will need to regularly replace your filters to prevent them from overfilling and change them to maintain their suction power.
Use Household Ingredients to Clean the Carpet
While you can rush to the store each time you need to buy cleaning ingredients, there are everyday home ingredients that will do the same for you and are just as efficient as cleaning products from the store.
When getting rid of liquid spills, sprinkle some baking soda in the problem area before vacuuming. Baking soda will absorb the liquid and get rid of the bad smell.
Occasionally, you can substitute your carpet cleaner deodorizer for some of these common household ingredients.
Deal with Spills Immediately
The best way to prevent the stains from transforming to tough ones is by dealing with it immediately it appears. Here are some secrets to tackling spills at home:
- Club soda will get rid of wine or beer spills.
- Shaving cream will get rid of most mat stains.
- Hydrogen peroxide gets rid of bloodstains.
- Dishwasher detergent mixed with water will clear spills.
Do a Deep Clean
Besides your regular cleaning routine, engage professionals for a deep clean on the rug at least twice a year. This will leave your carpet properly clean and enhance its longevity.
Deodorizers for mats do not only come in many varieties, but also for different uses. For instance, if you have a dog, you can get the best carpet deodorizer for dog urine to get the bad odor off your rug. We recommend checking carpet odor remover reviews to gather useful information on the best carpet deodorizer 2021. For more insight on these and more, keep on reading homemakerguide.com.