- 1 Top 10 Best Chainsaw Under 200: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Performance - Husqvarna Gas Chainsaw Review
- 1.2 Best Deal: Lightweight + Safe - WORX 16-Inch Powered Chainsaw Review
- 1.3 Great Weight: Remington 14-Inch Lightweight Electric Chainsaw Review
- 1.4 Good Efficiency: Earthwise 16-Inch Electric Chain Saw Review
- 1.5 For Heavy Duty: Craftsman 16-Inch Gas Chainsaw Review
- 1.6 Most Advanced: Oregon Self-Sharpening Electric Chainsaw Review
- 1.7 Decent Power: Poulan Pro 20-Inch Gas Chainsaw Review
- 1.8 For Professionals: Poulan Pro PR4016 Gas Chainsaw Review
- 1.9 All-Around Pick: Remington 18-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw Review
- 1.10 Most Stylish: Blue Max 18-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Chainsaw Under 200
- 3 Best Chainsaw Under 200 FAQ
- 4 Our Recommendation For 2020
Top 10 Best Chainsaw Under 200: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top Performance - Husqvarna Gas Chainsaw Review
Made by Husqvarna, which is the respected brand when it comes to sewing machines manufacturing, this chainsaw has a 16-inch bar, anti-vibration design and a 38cc motor with two feeders which help when you have to deal with tasks such as tree trimming, land clearing, firewood preparation or cleaning after a storm. Exclusive X-Torq engine reduces both fuel consumption and gasoline emissions. This gas chainsaw might be your best bet if you are looking for an overall good quality product.
Why We Like It
- 45cc motor is more than enough for small tasks
- Comes with a useful start system
- Made from durable materials
Best Deal: Lightweight + Safe - WORX 16-Inch Powered Chainsaw Review
If you are seeking an excellent sawing machine then this might suit your needs. Even though it comes with an electric motor, 14.5 Amp one manages to provide similar performance to a gasoline-powered tool. It also sports an oil lubrication system and oil reservoir with live values which seem to get the job done in most cases. Overall, we can say that this is one of the best electric chainsaws under $200 that you can buy right now, thanks to its specs and 3-year warranty.
Why We Like It
- Comes with a good quality 14.5 Amp electric engine
- Makes checking oil easy with added reservoir indicator
- One of the best chainsaws for such money with a 3-year warranty
Great Weight: Remington 14-Inch Lightweight Electric Chainsaw Review
While it is not one of the best-rated chainsaws, it sure is the lightest we have ever tested. Weighing roughly 6.8 pounds and not necessitating assembly, this electric device might be suitable for people who need something light. In addition to being light, the manufacturer managed to add a decent 8 Amp motor, a button for oiling and an external tension adjuster to minimize the shock of this good cheap chainsaw.
Why We Like It
- Extremely lightweight
- Comes with an oil button
- Anti-vibrating external adjuster
- One of the best chainsaw under 200 dollars
Good Efficiency: Earthwise 16-Inch Electric Chain Saw Review
Having a big 16-inch Oregon bar and chain this gear can be especially great for some folks out there that need extra measurements for specific jobs. This sawing machine comes with a powerful 12-Amp engine which should be enough for almost any task. The oil level window comes in handy when you want to check it. The only downside to this budget chainsaw is the fact that you cannot move a wrap around the handle.
- More than enough power because of 12-Amp engine
- Has a useful oil level window
- Unmovable wrap around handle
For Heavy Duty: Craftsman 16-Inch Gas Chainsaw Review
Craftsman 16-Inch unit is a powerful gas sawing machine on this list. It comes with a long 16” bar, chain and a substantial 42cc engine that can lead you through various hard tasks. More than this, it comes with an automatic oiler that keeps the chain in top condition. The only downside to this chainsaw is, probably, its price.
- Very durable due to high-quality construction materials
- Has a high power engine
- A reliable and easy-to-use chain tension system
- Premium price puts it out of reach of the economic buyers
Most Advanced: Oregon Self-Sharpening Electric Chainsaw Review
This next sawing machine is probably the most high-tech one when it comes to the technology it uses. It has a 15amp good quality engine and an automatic lubrication function, which makes the experience great, a key element of this electric gar is that it uses PowerSharp technology, that makes itself-sharpened.
- It is light in weight, which greatly increases its convenience of use
- Comes with self-sharpening technology
- Comes at a reasonable price
- It will not always start on the first try, which can be a bit frustrating
Decent Power: Poulan Pro 20-Inch Gas Chainsaw Review
If you are looking for something that delivers outstanding power, then this 20inch gas machine made by Poulan might be the solution for you. Not only does the motor have 50cc, but it is also respectful of the environment with up to 70% fewer emissions and 20% less fuel consumption. While it is destined towards heavy workloads, it can handle basic ones almost the same as standard saws.
- Whether it's cold or hot, a saw is very easy to start
- Quite light in weight, which makes it much easier to use
- A chain brake system that stops chain during moments of instability to increase safety
- The machine is a bit more complicated to handle than other options in the market
For Professionals: Poulan Pro PR4016 Gas Chainsaw Review
Next up, on our list of the best chainsaw under 200 2020, we have Poulan Pro 16-inch powered by gas. You might want to consider this one because of its automatic oil pump coated in aluminum, which protects and lubricates sprayer on its own. Being destined for professionals, it comes with a powerful 40cc motor.
- The machine is very easy to start
- Automatic lubrication function works properly
- One of the best cordless chainsaw under 200
- The machine consumes a lot of oil, so be prepared to deal with constant reloads
All-Around Pick: Remington 18-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw Review
If you are someone who is looking for a machine that will be good for all types of jobs, then you might want to consider this 18-inch gas-powered chainsaw manufactured by Remington. This unit comes with a 46cc engine that serves it well as long as an automatic system applies lube to the chain. The only thing that bothers us about this saw is its price which could definitely be lower.
- It can be used for almost any task
- Made from high-quality materials
- One of the best budget chainsaw
- Price can be reduced in order to empower more people
Most Stylish: Blue Max 18-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw Review
Last but not least, the Blue Max 18-inch machine is not only a decent 45cc gas-powered saw but also a well-designed one as well. Of course, it has got an anti-vibration ergonomic design and everything, but you cannot take your eyes off that blue color it comes with. With that being said, if you want to cut wood and look good at the same time, this might be a great choice for you.
- Come with a decent 45cc motor
- Looks amazing
- Cheap gas chainsaw
- Some users might consider it too heavy
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Chainsaw Under 200
How To Choose The Best Chainsaw Under 200?
You should not buy a sawing machine just because its price is a bargain, first, analyze technical data sheet of the device and ask yourself:
- What kind of work do I want to do with the machine? Light, casual, constant or professional?
- How many machine classes are there?
- What chainsaws brands and models are there in the market?
- How much am I willing to pay?
Types of the Best Chainsaws Under 200
There are different types of chainsaw you can buy and all of them differ depending on the required tasks.
Different Types Of Chainsaws
Although various models of chainsaws have similarities, you will undoubtedly want to know details that will help you to choose the one that best suits you. So far, there are all kinds of chainsaws:
Easy Start Chainsaw
This type of saws is made for beginners and for people who generally use them for home purposes only. That’s because they are specifically made to be easy and intuitive to use. They are really convenient.
Battery Powered Chainsaw
Whether you call it the cordless chainsaw or battery one, it’s all the same. This tool has a lithium battery, which must be recharged. Its power can be up to 36 volts. It allows more freedom of movement because it does not have a cable for the outlet, but its autonomy is shorter and cutting capacity is also lower. To overcome this inconvenience you can buy one or two extra batteries.
It has a motor that runs on current. You can use a rugged extension cable according to the watts of the machine, but you cannot take it to the forest, where there are no power outlets.
Its capacity reaches up to 2200 watts and length of the 15 inches blade can cut 7 inches in diameter in softwoods. This device has an oil tank for lubrication of the chain and requires simple cleaning and sharpening a chainsaw after use. It is easy to maintain.
It is more economical for not using current, which will allow you to lower electricity bills. It can be taken anywhere. This gear is more powerful than two already mentioned, with motors ranging from 33 to 50 cms, which makes it very good for cutting hardwoods such as cherry or oak. It is ideal for professional jobs.
The machine must be started by mixing gasoline with air, that is to say, priming it, and it is necessary to mix oil and clean spark plugs to put it to work and maintain it.
Best Chainsaw Under 200 FAQ
What Is the Best Size Chainsaw for Home Use?
When it comes to home use, the length of the sword is a critical decision factor. It is determined by the size of trees to be cut. A larger sword offers us possibility of cutting larger trees, but at the same time, it is less manageable.
On the other hand, shorter swords do not work for large trees, but they weigh less and are easier to handle, which makes them ideal for pruning or cutting with one hand. So, the answer depends on the type of trees you are going to cut.
What is The Best Chainsaw To Buy For a Homeowner?
When it comes to buying a machine that is going to be handy when it comes to housework, we recommend an excellent chainsaw that meets following criteria:
- It’s simple and easy to use
- It’s powerful enough to meet your needs
- It’s light enough for you to handle with ease
- It’s easy to clean and maintain
- It’s durable and resistant
What is The Best Small Chainsaw?
When buying any of the machines that are in the market, stop to see following features of the sawing device:
- Weight: small chainsaws should be lightweight to facilitate good handling.
- Power: although it is true that all these small machineries are required is for domestic use, you must ensure that power is necessary for activities you will have at home.
- Type of chainsaw: you must decide which of the chainsaws you want, among your options are: electric and battery.
- Security: verify that the machine you are buying complies with safety regulations.
What is The Best Chainsaw Under $200?
The best chainsaw for under 200$ depends on a number of things. The most important one is an environment in which you are going to use it. Starting from here you are going to opt-in for one that resonates the most with your demands.
Our Recommendation For 2020
You will find many options for cheap chainsaws on HomeMakerGuide, depending on the brand, model, size, weight, power, accessories, maintenance and other preferences.
We do recommend an economical and effective machine that serves your purposes as a gardener or woodworker, it’s Husqvarna gasoline saw which is an overall a complete tool.
The fact that it is economical does not mean that you are sacrificing quality, but that you want to achieve the best price-value relationship when it comes to the best chainsaws under $200. Now you know how to buy a perfect machine for your needs.