Top 10 Best Chainsaws Under 300: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: DEWALT 20V MAX XR Review
- Low Kick Back 16" Oregon Bar and Chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Tool Free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force
- Auto Oiling for continuous lubrication. Quarter turn oil cap for quick oil re fills
- Chain brake for kick back protection
- Lightweight and ergonomic design. Weight is 12.2 pounds
Onboard Self-Sharpening: Oregon CS1500 Review
- Includes 18” guide bar and PowerSharp chain, which minimizes downtime by allowing you to sharpen your chain right on the saw in 3 seconds or less.
- Get to work right away with the instant start capability
- The chain stays oiled using the built-in Lubri-Tec oiling system which reduces chain friction and increases the saw’s run time
- No assembly required; comes pre-assembled
- Low noise, silent between cuts. Chain brake for added safety
Two-year Warranty: WEN 40417 Review
- Ditch the gasoline, extension cords and maintenance required with alternative chainsaws
- Brushless motor maximizes both the torque and the lifespan of the unit
- 16-inch Oregon chain runs at speeds of up to 49 feet per second
- Included 40-Volt 4Ah fade-free lithium-ion battery and charger compatible with the entire WEN 40V Max Series
- Backed by a two-year warranty
Automatic Chain Oiler: Craftsman 41AY4216791 Review
- HIGH OUTPUT CRAFTSMAN ENGINE with 16-INCH BAR & CHAIN: 42cc full crank Craftsman 2 cycle engine provides greater power and less vibration. Premium 16-Inch bar and low-kickback chain cuts through even the toughest wood quickly and easily.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DURABLE POLY CHASSIS: Easy to Handle, lighter in weight, without sacrificing power. This polymer chassis is engineered for reliable performance and prolonged use, with minimal user fatigue.
- EASYSTART TECHNOLOGY: Designed for quicker, smoother and easier pull starts. Get right to work on lawn care, yard work, wood slicing, and other outdoor projects.
- ADJUSTABLE AUTO CHAIN OILER with EASY VIEW: Maintains the proper amount of lubricant on the chain and allows the user to manually increase or decrease oil flow, keeping the proper amount of lubricant on the chain.
- ERGONOMIC BALANCED DESIGN: 3-point anti-vibration system and a comfortable handle makes this chainsaw more balanced, maneuverable and comfortable to operate. Maintain command and comfortability for optimal performance.
Interchangeable Cordless Battery: BLACK+DECKER 20V Review
- 10 inches premium Oregon low kickback bar and chain
- Tool Free blade tension system for quick adjustments
- Oiling system for lubrication of bar and chain
- 20V MAX Lithium Ion Chainsaw Bare Tool
- Included Components: (1) LBXR2020, (1) LCS1620, (1) LCS1020; Power Source: Lithium Ion
Highly Recommend: Greenworks 20262 Review
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- Robust 12-inch steel chain and bar with tool-less chain tensioning offers ease of use while delivering the highest cutting performance
- 3/8-inch chain pitch delivers the right amount of capabilities to get those limbs trimmed and cut with minimal kickback
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level.Wrap around handle for multiple cutting positions to provide ease of use when trimming at different angles
- 40V G-Max and 40V Lithium-Ion Batteries are not cross compatible; this tool is compatible with the G-Max 2.0 Ah battery (29462) and the G-Max 4.0 Ah battery (29472)
Automatic Chain-tension System: Worx WG322 Review
- [FAST, CLEAN CUTS] This cordless 20V PowerShare chain saw is as fast and powerful as anything in its class. And with no gas and no cord, there’s much less muss and fuss
- [AUTO-CHAIN TENSION] The automatic, tool-free chain tension system ensures you’ll always have the correct tension for the job at hand
- [SHARE BATTERIES, SAVE MONEY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [AUTO-CHAIN LUBRICATION] The automatic chain lubrication system not only makes for smoother, more efficient cuts, it extends the life of the tool. And the oil level indicator lets you know exactly where you stand
- [COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT] It weighs 6.2 lbs., about as much as a 2-Liter bottle of soda. You’ll work longer, with less strain
Lightweight and Efficient Cutting: Husqvarna 120 Mark II Review
- Compact, casual-use chainsaw that’s designed to start up easily
- Low kickback safety features, including built-in safety break, reduces risk during operation
- Lightweight chainsaw is compact and maneuverable with excellent ergonomic comfort features
- Automatic oiler delivers a steady supply of chain lubrication for safe and effective use
- Husqvarna 16 in. chainsaw for homeowner use is ideal for everyday tasks such as tree pruning, hobby work or firewood cutting
Low Kickback Bar: SALEM MASTER 6220G Review
- High Performance -- SALEM MASTER 62cc 3.4hp powerful gas chainsaw delivers steady power to the 20-inch bar and low-kickback chain. The engine speed can be up to 8500 rpm. Ideal tool for cutting firewood and felling trees with a much higher efficiency.
- Superior Quality -- Professional gas chain saw, equipped with high quality chain and high hardness bar, fast cutting, more durable and high wear resistance, not easy to drop chain, having a longer using life.
- Auto Oiler -- Automatic oil supply system delivers a steady supply of bar and chain oil for safe and effective use, and extends the life of the chainsaw.
- Ergonomic Design -- The comfortable handle design, non-slip and shock-absorbing, not easy to fatigue for a long-term use, making this chainsaw balanced, maneuverable, and comfortable to operate, use more securely.
- High Safety -- The quick stop chain brake helps to use more securely. The chain saw is provided with a safety switch to protect against accidental starts to ensure the safety of the user.
20% Lower Fuel Consumption: Poulan Pro PR5020 Review
- With the OxyPower engine technology, you can get that extra power for virtually any task. This technology offers a more powerful engine, but also 70% less emissions and 20% lower fuel consumption
- Effortless pull starting system reduces pull force 30% for easier starting and reduced wear on the starter mechanism
- The combi tool is integrated into the rear handle, it's always there when you need it for maintenance
- The purge bulb, which provides the carburetor with fuel and makes the product easier to start with fewer pulls, is protected, reducing the risk of damage
- User friendly combined choke/stop control allows faster starting and greater reliability by reducing the risk of engine flooding
Best Chainsaw Under 300: Who Needs It and Who Don’t
When we are talking about the best chainsaw under 300 we are communicating with homeowners in general as we believe they can make the most use of this tool! However, we are aware that this is possible to be vague because there are different types of chainsaws as well as different kinds of homeowners.
Firstly, talking about a good cheap chainsaw is also kind of vague. There are many models of chainsaw under 300, but the prices also vary as well as the quality. For example, you can find the best electric chainsaw for the price between $20 and $50. But you can also come across models that cost 299 bucks, which is still under $300 but much more expensive than the models previously mentioned. Now if you are looking for a tool just to cut wood for eating more easily or to cut the branches on trees then the cheapest model will satisfy your needs. However, if you want to get engaged in more demanding work with this tool, maybe you need to invest in a machine that will cost more.
|Use Chainsaw||Don’t use a chainsaw|
|Cutting trees||Cutting grass|
|Cutting branches||Cutting the hedges|
|Cutting firewood||Digging holes|
|Cutting bushes||Demolishing construction|
What to Expect from Chainsaw Under 300?
As we already mentioned, these chainsaws will perform wonderfully for certain tasks, but you still have to keep in mind that they are not as powerful as the machines that can cost up to $1000. When we are talking about power, it is probably worth saying that it depends on whether the saw is electric or gas-powered. If you choose electric be expected to get approximately 20 V. If your tool is fueled by gas then what you can expect is about 30 cc. However, there are differences according to the price, of course. On average, these tools are too powerful for simple trimming but not powerful enough to cut large hard trees.
As you are already aware, there are differences between top chainsaw brands and types. In the eyes of the beginner, they might seem insignificant. In reality, however, these differences greatly affect the performance and the level of your satisfaction.
Considering Chainsaw Type
Gas – Powered
Gas models are fantastic for bigger scale work. If for example, you need to cut forest or hard types of trees, this is the best choice for you because it is the most powerful. But they will also do an excellent job for you if you need to just cut wood for the fire. They are super-efficient and, as such, good for professionals as well as DIYers. For an average workload, you will need one of the best 50cc chainsaw models.
These are among the best chainsaw under $300 models for smaller tasks around the house. You don’t need any previous experience because it is simple to operate them. They are pretty affordable as you can find many best chainsaws under 200 options. The main advantage of comparing to gas chainsaws is that they are far less noisy. The main downside here is that you are kind of limited to the length of the cord.
The difference between these and the previous model is that this best chainsaw for the money runs on battery. This is seen as a benefit because you can move wherever you want while working with it. However, you do depend on battery power. They are good for tasks like trimming and cutting branches, but you can also cut small trees with them. They are very lightweight and portable, and that’s why many people like them. However, you can’t even imagine doing any heavy-duty work with this type of best chainsaw under 300.
Choosing the Best Chainsaw Under 300
Bar length fact represents the length of the blade on the chainsaw, and this is the most important thing to consider when you are wondering what size chainsaw do I need. It is required that you know the bar length because then it is simple to understand what kind of jobs you can do. The length of the blade ranges from 6 to 20 inches. For small tasks, common for most homeowners, anything from 6 to 15 inches will work. For more serious tasks, the best 18 inch chainsaw would be perfect, for example.
We already mentioned the power of chainsaws. Different models have different power sources and power levels, and then you will choose the right one according to your specific needs. As we talked about previously, gas-powered machines offer you the most power and highest efficiency, so they are good for heavy-duty tasks. Corded and cordless electric is ideal for average homeowners who want to use this machine only for personal purposes.
When you are using a chainsaw, you absolutely need to think about safety. These are potent tools, and if they are not handled with caution, they can cause quite a few serious injuries. Of course, each manufacturer considers this and includes different safety features. Some of the most useful are automatic stop chains and kickback bars. However, you can also find others like mufflers, hand guards, chain catchers, etc.
Extras to Look For
If you want to appear more professional, you should know that there are other things you need to consider when buying the best chainsaw under 300. For example, you should look for a machine that has an automatic chain oiler. This will allow you to work as much as you need or want without having to think about whether you need to stop and oil the chain. A case or sheath is good to have also because it can help protect you from injuries when you are carrying the tool. Another important thing is the anti-vibration feature.
Chainsaw Under 300 Notable Brands
Many people would say that brands aren’t so important when it comes to tools. They are partially right because the most important is that the tool does what it is made for properly. However, there are some brands of chainsaw under 300 models that are worth mentioning as they offer the best variations of different features.
Husqvarna is, for example, the master in making powerful chainsaws. They have a long history as they entered the business back in 1959 and since then acquired an incredible reputation. They are known for making potent tools that can cut through a lot of pretty hardwood.
PoulanPro made a name for themselves by making chainsaws with impressively long blades considering the prices. Most of the companies that make chainsaws that cost less than 300 bucks make smaller and lighter options. But the company PoulanPro made an effort to satisfy everyone’s needs.
Stihl is a famous company that you turn to if buying American products is important for you. It is originally a German manufacturer. However, some products are made in the States under the license.
Besides these three most famous, you can choose from other manufacturers such as Black + Decker, Makita, Greenworks, Dewalt, and Echo.
What Safety Equipment Should I Use when Operating a Chainsaw?
Even though each best chainsaw under 300 has safety features, you also need to think about how to protect yourself more!
- Protective pants
- Worker’s helmet
- Protection for eyes
- Good shoes
This is the end of our best chainsaw under 300 reviews. As you can see, there are plenty of models that you can do the job you need. However, to know how to choose the best chainsaw under 300 in 2020 you need to understand the features and ways they affect the performance of your tool.
- 1 Top 10 Best Chainsaws Under 300: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: DEWALT 20V MAX XR Review
- 1.2 Onboard Self-Sharpening: Oregon CS1500 Review
- 1.3 Two-year Warranty: WEN 40417 Review
- 1.4 Automatic Chain Oiler: Craftsman 41AY4216791 Review
- 1.5 Interchangeable Cordless Battery: BLACK+DECKER 20V Review
- 1.6 Highly Recommend: Greenworks 20262 Review
- 1.7 Automatic Chain-tension System: Worx WG322 Review
- 1.8 Lightweight and Efficient Cutting: Husqvarna 120 Mark II Review
- 1.9 Low Kickback Bar: SALEM MASTER 6220G Review
- 1.10 20% Lower Fuel Consumption: Poulan Pro PR5020 Review
- 2 Best Chainsaw Under 300: Who Needs It and Who Don’t
- 3 What to Expect from Chainsaw Under 300?
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 4.1 Considering Chainsaw Type
- 4.2 Choosing the Best Chainsaw Under 300
- 4.3 Chainsaw Under 300 Notable Brands
- 4.4 What Safety Equipment Should I Use when Operating a Chainsaw?
- 5 Final Word