Best cordless drills – Top 11
Compact cordless drill from Bosch has some outstanding reviews with great star score for back them up. Very light and capable of fitting into tighter spaces does not take away from its power – 12V is equivalent to an 18V Ni-Cad battery drill. The holster comes in handy as you won’t need to hold it resting on battery like with older models.
Why We Like It
- Light feature.
- Comes with a holster.
- Great torque for 12V.
This cordless drill comes with a lifetime warranty. Happy customers tell that it's really durable. Some drills have dropped from great heights, and they are still working flawlessly. So, if you are looking for single purchase for an indefinite amount of time, then RIDGID is one of the best choices. It comes with two-speed settings for tighter screws if needed. As you can see If you browse the web, this cordless drill comes with great reviews from users that now only buy power tools from RIDGID.
Why We Like It
- Covered for life
- Ratcheting chuck
- Highly durable
If you haven’t decided on what cordless drill to acquire, why not take a closer look at CRAFTSMAN V20 model? Sometimes finding a very powerful, a small cordless drill is not an easy task. However, CRAFTSMAN has a solution with this entry. While being very ergonomic and easy to handle it also offers very high torque for aid in completing tasks, that would normally require a much larger drill. So, if you are looking for a heavy-duty drill, this could be a good choice.
Why We Like It
- Long-lasting Lithium batteries
- Fast charging time
- 30% extra runtime to its’ innovative motor
Accompanied by a brushless motor and packed with two XR Li-Ion batteries, this Dewalt cordless drill is an absolute catch. Everyone who left a comment is raving about this cordless drill. So now, that we have found the strongest cordless drill, let’s look into what makes it such a great product. The chuck is designed for working flawlessly, and we all know just how important and time consuming it is to make sure that drill is in place. With an extremely powerful brushless motor coupled with the fact that this Dewalt cordless drill has a life expectancy well above 30 years, this makes it a must-have for any DIYer. So, we have a very powerful, above-average life expectancy and a highly comfortable handle.
- 20V and has maintained the same size as regular 12V
- Can be used for mixing mortar
- Different light settings
- Keeping in mind that it is a very powerful tool, we have sometimes encountered issues with the lowest clutch settings. As a word of advice, we suggest only slightly clipping the power button and going from there.
Kobalt does not skimp on any features when it comes to their lithium cordless drills. They are known for bringing onto the market tools that fit for extreme temperatures. We are looking at a 24V variant, which makes it one of the most powerful cordless drills. It comes in with a gear selector that enables you to pick the desired speed for the task at hand. With 23 great toque clutches, it makes it breeze to complete the job. Do you need any other reasons to pick this as your next cordless driver? If yes, then there are even more reasons to choose Kobalt lithium battery-powered drill – the one-year warranty with no risk and money-back guarantee.
- Long-lasting Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) battery
- State of art brushless motor
- Very light cordless drill kit
- Complaints of the snapped shaft after several uses
Milwaukee cordless drill is a strong contender for purchase if you intend to do work around the house. While you can use it for a job without any issues, it truly shines on projects around the house as it offers everything you could ask from a top-rated cordless drill. It comes with an extra Li-Ion battery included and 18V of brute force. Milwaukee drill has improved batteries, and we can see it in the torque it provides.
- Works both as drill and driver
- State of an art phone app that can help to find tool if you forgot where left it
- Memory with up to 4 custom settings that you can preset
- The price is a little higher than the rest of the entries on our list. However, the price includes quality and power, so it is definitely worth an extra investment in the long run.
Japanese technology at its finest. While being a lightweight tool, the Makita cordless drill can still match in torque with heavier voltage tools. The fact that it is very small in size offers some great benefits. You will have a superior balance while using this cordless drill driver. The overwhelmingly positive reviews attest to this tool's high performance.
- Removable clip
- Very sturdy cordless tool
- Ideal for projects that have little wiggle room
- Some owners have reported a slight battery wobble, but it turns out easily to fix it if they happen to encounter this issue. Just remove it and replace it, and it should not wobble.
WORX came out with one of the best cordless drills 2020 with its Switchdriver. You can switch between drilling to driving with a click of a button. With very comfortable design, guys at WORX came out with a simple yet elegant drill. Swapping, the driver and tool heads are done in a few seconds. The batteries are compatible with other products from WORX, which is very handy when you do not want to carry all the batteries to a work site.
- Great balance
- A lower torque than the other products on our list. However, it can still be great for most tasks.
While this drill has “cable” in its name rest assured that it is one of the best cordless drills 2020. The design takes into account long hours of use and is built in such a way that it reduces fatigue. It has a very futuristic design, so this can be a great introductory cordless driller. It is safe to keep a battery connected at all times, and PORTER-CABLE includes two batteries with this cordless tool. So you have it up and running at all times. A great first tool for anyone that wants to start DIY projects.
- Very good handle
- An extra battery included
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Some users have reported a slight wobble. The same users have reported that wobbling goes away after a few days as your hand starts to get used to the tool.
This lithium cordless drill comes from a company that has over a century of experience with power tools. Their 18V cordless drill comes with a 10-year warranty. And if that was not enough, they also include a very powerful light to their cordless drill. A Lithium-Ion flashlight that will surely improve your work. You can expect this tool to last forever.
- Great for small projects around the house
- Very good battery life
- Light can be turned on without turning motor on
- Some issues with battery charges have been reported. Unfortunately, the event that one of your batteries will not charge you can have Hitachi replace them very fast.
A lightweight tool from BLACK and DECKER small cordless drill makes an appearance on our list. This is by far the lowest voltage that we have reviewed. However, do not get fooled as it still packs a punch and gets the job done. While not being adequate for large jobs, this good cordless drill does just great around the house and for doing-it-yourself projects.
- Very easy to use
- Great battery life
- Has a variable pistol-like grip
- There is no indicator on the charger for you to know if the battery is fully charged. We recommend charging it for up to 5 hours to be positive that it is all juiced up.
Best cordless drills 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Best Compact Drill Driver on The Market Right Now?DEWALT DCD791D2 has this covered because the manufacturer has delivered a great lasting product. They offer a very compact and ergonomic design, long battery life and to top everything off, the drill is lightweight. With almost a century of experience (95 years) quality and performance come as no surprise and the thousands of satisfied customers are the best seal of approval.
How Can You Charge A Cordless Drill Battery Without a Charger?If you end up in this unfortunate situation there still is an option available. You can use another battery from one of your tools as a power source and get the job done this way. Alternatively, if you have a Li-Ion battery, you can also charge it using a USB port. Most batteries have such a port and after you have found it and plugged the cable, just connect it to another device with a USB port that has power (computer or laptop, for example).