- 1 Top 7 Best Cordless Tools for Contractors: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Combo Kit Review
- 1.2 3 Year Limited Warranty: DEWALT 20V MAX Combo Kit Review
- 1.3 Overload Protection: Makita XT706 Combo Kit Review
- 1.4 Top Multifunctional: PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Combo Kit Review
- 1.5 Affordable + Durable: Milwaukee 2696-24 M18 Combo Kit Review
- 1.6 Extra Functionality: Ryobi P883 Contractor’s Kit Review
- 1.7 Ultra-Lightweight: Bosch CLPK496A-181 Combo Kit Review
- 2 A Comprehensive Buying Guide to Select the Best Cordless Tools for Contractors
- 2.1 What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Corded and Cordless Power Tools?
- 2.2 Things to Consider Before Buying a Cordless Tool for Contractors
- 2.3 Which Cordless Tools are the Most Essential for Contractors?
- 3 The Ultimate FAQ on the Best Cordless Tools for Contractors
- 4 Overall Review
Top 7 Best Cordless Tools for Contractors: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Combo Kit Review
- Part of the black+decker 20V max* battery system and 2 batteries doubles the runtime for larger projects and less down time
- Drill / Driver features an 11 position clutch with a LED work light to illuminate the work surface
- Circular saw features a high torque motor with a 5-1/2" blade
- Reciprocating saw features 3000Spm motor, 7/8" stroke length and tool-free blade changes
- LED work ight offers 70 Lumens for up to 11 hours of runtime
3 Year Limited Warranty: DEWALT 20V MAX Combo Kit Review
- Dcd771 20V max Lithium-Ion 1/2-In compact drill driver delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power to complete a wide range of applications
- Dcs381 20V max Lithium-Ion reciprocating saw with keyless blade Clamp allows for quick blade changes without touching blade or reciprocating shaft
- Compatible with DEWALT 20V MAX tools
- Compact, light weight design
Overload Protection: Makita XT706 Combo Kit Review
- Variable 2 speed 1/2 inches hammer Driver Drill (0 to 600 & 0 to 1, 900 RPM) with Makita built 4 pole motor delivers 480 inches pounds of max torque; Weighs only 3.9 pounds with battery
- Variable speed impact driver (0 to 2,900 RPM & 0 to 3,500 IPM) provides 1,460 inches pounds of max torque for a wide range of fastening applications
- 6 to 1/2 inches circular saw delivers 3, 700 RPM for faster cutting and ripping through wood and weighs only 7.3 pounds with battery; Battery Charge Time (minutes) 30
- Recipro saw provides 0 to 2, 800 SPM and features "tool less" blade change; Weighs only 8.3 pounds with battery
- 4 to 1/2 inches / 5 inches cut off/ angle grinder delivers 8, 500 RPM; Features automatic speed change technology that adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
Top Multifunctional: PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Combo Kit Review
- PERFORMANCE: Delivers power to complete a wide range of jobsite applications.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Lightweight tools designed to fit the users' needs.
- RELIABILITY: Tools backed by a 3 year limited warranty.
- INCLUDES: Drill Driver, Impact Driver, Circ Saw, Tiger Saw, Jig Saw, Multi-Tool, Grinder, Flash light, 2 Batteries, Charger, 2 Bags
- PART OF THE PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX* SYSTEM: Battery works with all Porter-Cable 20V MAX* lithium ion products.
Affordable + Durable: Milwaukee 2696-24 M18 Combo Kit Review
- M18 cordless 1/2-inch hammer drill/driver with 4-pole frameless motor delivers 550 in-lbs of peak torque, 0-450/0-1,700 rpm
- M18 Sawzall reciprocating saw provides patented gear-protecting clutch and counter balance mechanism
- M18 1/4-Inch Hex Impact with 4-pole frameless motor delivers 1400 in-lbs of torque
- M18 work light provides a fold-away hook for hands free use and a 135-degree rotating head
- Also includes, two M18 XC high-capacity Red Lithium batteries, 1-hour charger, contractor bag
Extra Functionality: Ryobi P883 Contractor’s Kit Review
- CIRCULAR SAW: This cordless circular saw contains plenty of features that will keep you cutting true. It has a side handle and rubber overmold to improve grip, even in slippery conditions
- P271 POWER DRILL: This 1/2 inch chuck drill / driver comes equipped with a magnetic tray for bits and fasteners, a 24 position adjustable clutch, and convenient tool-less bit changing
- P515 RECIPROCATING SAW: An anti-vibration handle, rubber overgrip, variable speed trigger, and easy blade removal latch are only some of the features that keep this tool at one of the top sawzalls in the DIY and professional market
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This kit includes two P102 batteris and one P118 charger. These batteries are compatible with over 50 tools in Ryobi’s One+ family. These tools are compatible with several Ryobi 18V batteries, including the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P1082 Batteries, Charger, Tool Bag, Drill, Circular Saw, Work Light, Reciprocating Saw
- STORAGE: Keep all of the items in this kit snugly together in the included wide-mouthed contractor’s bag. Its sturdy fabric will keep your tools protected while the cross-x stitching on the dual handles will allow you to lug this almost anywhere
Ultra-Lightweight: Bosch CLPK496A-181 Combo Kit Review
- 4-TOOL KIT: This combo kit includes Bosch DDS181A Compact Tough 1/2 In. drill/driver, 25618 1/4 In. hex impact driver, GSA18V-083 reciprocating saw, GLI18V-420B work light, and two 18V 2.0 Ah SlimPack batteries
- POWER: The included DDS181A Compact Tough Drill/Driver features design with 600 in.-lbs. of torque with an all-metal chuck
- SPEED: The 25618 Impact Driver produces up to 1,500 in.-lbs. of max torque. It’s a fast driver, generating up to 2,800 rpm and up to 3,200 bpm and features Bosch’s Compact Impactor design for short profile with abundant power
- LIGHTWEIGHT: The GSA18V-083 Reciprocating Saw features a lightweight, compact design for use in very tight work spaces. It features optimized 0.83-Inch stroke for both wood and metal
- VERSATILE: The GLI18V-420 18V Flashlight provides three innovative LEDs that supply very bright light of 420 lm and an adjustable light beam, spot or flood, provides great lighting versatility
A Comprehensive Buying Guide to Select the Best Cordless Tools for Contractors
If you are new to the best cordless tools for contractors, do your research and describe your preferences before finalizing your choice. The following information is essential for you and will give you an exact idea about what you are looking for.
Our best cordless tools for contractors’ reviews cover all the essential details about this gadget.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Corded and Cordless Power Tools?
Pros of Cordless Power Tools:
- Powered with lithium-ion batteries;
- Can store an immense amount of power;
- Easy to use, reliable, and comfortable instruments.
Pros of Corded Power Tools:
- Never run out of power;
- Deliver high performance that never suffers because of their corded power supply;
- Better accuracy than cordless tools.
Cons of Cordless Power Tools:
- The loss of battery power;
- Suffer from power drain;
- An attached battery is an extra weight;
- Require 18V power can bring strain and fatigue to the users.
Cons of Corded Power Tools:
- Always need to be hooked up with a power source;
- Can be difficult to store.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Cordless Tool for Contractors
We mentioned the instruments perfect for any skill level and known as “official” in the art of contracting. They are highly valuable for work at home and on the job site.
The majority of the mentioned brands usually include voltage between 12-20V and suitable for the majority of jobs. Furthermore, the lightweight cordless tools are preferred because their weight enhances the tool’s durability and performance. We promise that you will find the most suitable contractor’s tools in our best cordless tools for contractors’ reviews.
The Cordless Tools in a Package
A complete cordless tool kit consists of a power drill, impact driver, circular saw, angle grinder, laser level, reciprocating saw, blower, and a flashlight. However, hammer drill, screwdriver attachments, charger, and battery set are also considered as must-have in some cases.
Cordless contractor power tools are portable by nature. The flexibility and compact nature mean you are home free, and these cordless tools are a great addition to your toolbox.
Pro Tip: Invest in additional batteries for emergencies and reduce the amount of time you have to wait for a complete charge. Note the battery charging time.
After selecting the best cordless tools for contractors, check the batteries. The majority of tool kits come with interchangeable batteries, usually in the range of 18 to 20 volts. However, some brands only include a single battery.
Pro Tip: Always go with the cordless tool that comes with at least two batteries. Check the Ah rating of the battery because this is a valuable number which determines the runtime of the gadget with a single charge.
Additional Attachments with Cordless Tools
Accessories are valuable; however, not always a part of the contractor’s kit. The most popular and common accessories cordless tools for contractors have are; the circular saw blades, drill bits, cordless impact wrench, work lights, and sometimes even the portable radios.
Pro Tip: Always look for a contractor bag in a complete kit because that gives you the right storage and transport option.
Manufacturers of Cordless Tools
Milwaukee is one of the best cordless tool brands, and its Cordless Compact Combo tool kit is an excellent choice for all contractors. This kit contains 4 cordless best tools for contractors that are designed for professionals. It contains a hammer drill, Sawzall reciprocating saw, impact driver, and the work light. Red Lithium batteries power this kit with long runtime.
Bosch Cordless Electric Screwdriver Kit is a 5-in-1 multi-head power drill set, which is the best contractor grade cordless drill kit for technicians, electricians, and plumbers. It’s a versatile and convenient kit with high-quality tools. This kit includes Fast Charger, Offset Angle Attachment, Keyless Chuck Attachment, Locking Bit Holder Attachment, Lithium-ion Batteries, and Carrying Bag. It is the best cordless screwdriver kit.
DEWALT is just perfect for the contractors. Its Cordless Drill Combo kit consists of 9 unique tools and perfect for experienced professionals who are looking for a complete set. This kit contains Drill Driver, Impact Driver, Recip Saw, Circular Saw, Oscillating Tool, Work light, Grinder, Bluetooth Speaker, Right Angle Drill, and 20V MAX XR Batteries (2.0AH).
Porter-Cable Best Cordless Drill Combo Kit is an example of performance and ergonomic cordless tool design. It’s a 4-tool kit which contains Drill Driver, Circ Saw, Recip Saw, Flashlight, and 20V MAX Lithium-ion batteries with a charger.
The Makita 5-piece Combo Kit is a set of five-cordless must-have tools for contractors for drilling, driving, fastening, cutting, and cleaning purposes. As well as a cordless flashlight to light your work area whenever required. This kit contains a Recipro Saw, Impact Driver, Two Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Battery, Tool Bag, Xenon Flashlight, Driver-Drill, Blower, and a Lithium-Ion Charger.
Which Cordless Tools are the Most Essential for Contractors?
When it comes to the best cordless tools for contractors 2020, the following contractors’ tools are must-have in a complete package:
- Angle Grinder: A grinding and polishing tool.
- Blower: Alternative to a portable shop vacuum and also known as the best cordless leaf blower.
- Circular Saw: Portable, effective, and powerful tool and an example of perfection when it comes to the cordless tools for contractors.
- Power Drill: A screwdriver alternative – significantly more productive and the best cordless drill for contractors.
- Impact Driver: A cross between a hammer and a drill.
- Laser Level: Perfect alignment tool for best vertical and horizontal laser level measurements.
- Reciprocating Saw: A best cordless chainsaw that cuts vertically.
The Ultimate FAQ on the Best Cordless Tools for Contractors
What is the lifespan of Cordless Tools?
The cordless tools are entirely dependent on their batteries; hence the lifetime of their batteries decides that for how long a tool will last before it requires new batteries. The lifespan of a cordless drill battery is from 3 to 5 years. This may be a short period, but during this time, you can get much use out of your cordless tools.
The instrument can maintain its performance for 2-3 years, and afterward, it will require repair and maintenance.
When Should I Replace the Batteries of Cordless Tools?
Li-Ion batteries have a life cycle of approximately 1,900 cycles. Furthermore, the Li-Ion cells can last 2-3 years before there comes a need to replace them.
Whether choosing corded or cordless tools for contractors, just remember that the reliability and performance are two core attributes of best cordless tools for contractors 2020. Corded tools have higher sustained power; however, they can’t compete with the cordless tools when it comes to convenience and performance. It’s a universal truth that cordless tools do not last as long before power and performance began to dimension; however, if you prefer comfortability, reliability, and enhanced performance, cordless tools are for you.
The best cordless tools for contractors have a vast majority of benefits and an excellent choice for technicians, electricians, and plumbers. Carpenters also can have an enormous amount of benefit from an excellent cordless tool kit. Did one of our best cordless tools for contractors on homemakerguide.com speak to you? In each case, it’s a success because our selected tools are quality-wise and performance-wise the best.