Top 10 Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Highest Performance - Tineco Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- High performance cordless vacuum for whole home use featuring a 450W motor and up to 120W of suction power for deep, thorough cleaning on any floor surface.
- Single 2500mAH Lithium Battery provides up to 40 minutes of uninterrupted runtime, great for whole-home cleaning.
- Easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs and crevices.
- Extra large 0.6L dustbin captures dirt and pet hair.
- A11 HERO model includes: Full-size LED Multi-tasker Power Brush, Mini Power Brush, Pre-Filter(2), Pre-Filter Cleaning Tool, 2-in-1 Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Hair Cleaning Tool, and Dual Charging Wall-Mounted Dock.
Deep Clean: Most Powerful Suction - Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction; Washable lifetime filter
- Up to 40 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning; Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Designed to deep clean homes with pets; Whole machine filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe; Up to 25 minutes of working time with motorized floor tool attached
Best Handheld Vac: Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum Review
- Dust cup capacity 0.08 quarts; Unbelievable suction delivered by a high speed, brushless motor
- Ultra lightweight and balanced hand vacuum at just 1.4 pounds for maneuverability and easy cleaning
- Tapered nozzle for easy pickup of large debris and fine dust
- Zero in on tight spaces and car cleaning with the duster crevice tool and use the multi surface tool for upholstery, carpets, and pet hair
- Ion charging dock for quick access, fast charging and convenient accessory storage. Cleaning path width-3.6 inch
Lightweight: Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum with MultiFLEX Review
- Powerful cordless suction for everyday dirt, debris, pet hair, and high traffic areas
- Upto 80 minutes of total runtime with 2 batteries in hand vacuum power mode; Vacuum, switch the battery, and keep going
- 2X Ion power pack system includes 2 removable, rechargeable lithium ion batteries and a charging dock
- Multiflex technology enables convenient under furniture reach and freestanding, compact storage
- Duoclean technology invented for fine dust and large debris on carpets and hard floors; One powerhead, two brushrolls; Do not use soap
Top Transformer Vac: Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
Easy To Use: Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Detachable battery: Non-detachable
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- THIS PRODUCT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LITHIUM ION BATTERY XBAT200
- Powerful suction for whole-home cleaning: dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes. Cleaning path width (in.): 10.63
- Self-cleaning brushroll with Dirt Engage technology allows nonstop removal of long hair and pet hair
- Dirt Engage technology delivers unbeatable cleaning performance on carpets and bare floors compared to all Shark cordless vacuums by removing deeply embedded debris on carpets and by directly engaging bare floors
- Up to 40 minutes of runtime in Standard mode, measured at the hand vacuum. Removable battery delivers the ability to charge in or out of the unit
Cheap: Hoover Stick Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At 10 pounds this vacuum cleaner is easy to clean effortlessly
- MULTI FLOOR CLEANING: Easily transition from carpet to hardwood floors
- WINDTUNNEL TECHNOLOGY: Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Lies flat to reach under hard-to-clean furniture
- FADE FREE LITHIUM ION BATTERY: Interchangeable batteries provide cordless free don to clean anywhere
Versatile: Bissell Lithium Ion Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Lightweight & Compact. This cordless powerhouse weighs less than 8 pounds and has a collapsible handle for easy storage.
- Powerful Multi-Surface Cleaning. Innovative power foot design and multi-surface brush roll delivers high performance cleaning on hard floors and carpets.
- Cordless Cleaning Power. Removable Lithium-Ion battery provides 40 minutes of fade-free power and cordless convenience.
- Maximized Maneuverability. Move under and around furniture easily with swivel steering and a lay flat handle.
For Pet Hair: Bissell Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- High-Performance Digital Motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour for powerful cordless cleaning performance.
- 25V Lithium-Ion Battery offers cordless convenience with three cleaning modes.
- Our patented Tangle-Free Brush Roll spins up to 3200 RPM, leaving no hair wrap behind and making it the vacuum for pet households.
- The Mess-Free Dirt Tank with Clean Slide Technology allows you control the dust and dander to eliminate the clean up after the cleanup.
- Easily converts to a hand or high-reach vacuum, so you can clean more spaces with a single, innovative machine.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Can You Vacuum Hardwood Floors?
Yes, you can. Actually, vacuuming is the best way to take care of hardwood floors. Of course, you can sweep or mop, but you could break your back doing it. Plus, these sweeping and mopping don’t remove all dust effectively whereas vacuuming seals it inside the vac, making the home environment cleaner.
Benefits Of Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Alongside the fact that vacuuming is the most effective way of removing dust and dirt, the right type of vac never damages hardwood floors. Other advantages of cordless vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors are their lightweight, compact and maneuverable design.
Can Vacuums Damage Hardwood Floor?
Yes, they can, if you use the wrong type of the vac. Only the best hardwood floor vacuum will get the job done.
How To Choose The Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
The lighter the vac is, the better. You’ll move it a lot around the house and probably use it daily, so you don’t want bulky, heavy model.
Choose powerful units, something like Dyson vacuum cleaner because you want to remove all debris effectively.
Opt for powerful battery if you don’t want to replace it soon. Also, think which type of battery is more convenient for you – removable or nonremovable.
It means that you remove the battery from your vacuum and charge it separately.
You can’t remove the battery, it stays inside the vac while it’s charging.
It takes from 4 up to 8 hours, check this option if it matters for you.
Average runtime is 20-40 minutes. However, there is a Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum on our list, its runtime is 80 minutes.
Dust Cup Capacity
Choose a vacuum with large dust capacity since you don’t want to empty a dust bin in the middle of the vacuuming activity.
If you are choosing a vac made for hardwood floors, it won’t scratch your flooring. Don’t forget to switch modes in case you have a multi-surface model.
The majority of vacs are quite loud. If you are sensitive to noise level, there are quieter models available, choose them.
Remember, the pricier the vac is, the more bells and whistles it has. Think about what features you are ready to pay for.
Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors Types
Handheld Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Handheld cordless vacs are perfect for cleaning hard-to-reach spaces in your house. You’ll effortlessly hold such a unit in one hand, and it’s quite multi-purpose. However, handheld models are not suitable for general floor cleaning.
Stick Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Stick cordless vacuums are extra powerful and you’ll effortlessly get into narrow spaces in your house due to the slim design. They get the job done perfectly on hard floors and carpets; besides, a stick cordless vac can make the best vacuum for tile floors.
Upright Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Cordless upright vacuums are among the most well-known models. They offer powerful suction and clean-up, besides they are exceptionally convenient to use. You can use upright models for hard floors and carpets, they can also make the best vacuum for stairs.
Robotic Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Robotic cordless vacuums are becoming more and more popular these days. They require minimal effort from users. Robotic units save your time and get the job done perfectly even in places where larger models can’t reach.
Verdict And Our Recommendation For 2020
Looking for an excellent cordless vacuum cleaner? We, here at homemakerguide.com, make sure that you can find it. All you need is to look through our list of top models, plus recommendations in the Buyer’s Guide and you’ll pick the unit which suits you best.
Our top pick is Tineco Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. We consider it the best cordless vacuum for hardwood floors 2020 because it is a stylish, powerful, versatile and beautiful unit. You can use it as a handheld or upright vac and clean even hard-to-reach areas in your house. It features a multitasking cleaning head, suitable for vacuuming hardwood floors, carpets and upholstery. Another great feature of this unit is a HEPA filtration system, which will help to make your home environment cleaner, free of dust and allergens. Also, the vacuum has easily detachable dustbin and washable filters. To sum up, we love this cordless vacuum thanks to its perfect design, minimal weight, and superior suction power.
- 1 Top 10 Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Highest Performance - Tineco Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 Deep Clean: Most Powerful Suction - Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 1.3 Best Handheld Vac: Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum Review
- 1.4 Lightweight: Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum with MultiFLEX Review
- 1.5 Top Transformer Vac: Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 1.6 Easy To Use: Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 1.7 Cheap: Hoover Stick Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 1.8 Versatile: Bissell Lithium Ion Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 1.9 For Pet Hair: Bissell Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
- 2.1 Can You Vacuum Hardwood Floors?
- 2.2 Benefits Of Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
- 2.3 Can Vacuums Damage Hardwood Floor?
- 2.4 How To Choose The Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
- 2.5 Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors Types
- 3 Verdict And Our Recommendation For 2020