- 1 Top 10 CPU Air Coollers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Quality - Noctua NH-U14S Review
- 1.2 Excellent RAM Compatibility: Great Performance - Scythe Mugen 5 Review
- 1.3 Virtually Inaudible Operation: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Review
- 1.4 Easiest Install: Scythe Ninja 5 Review
- 1.5 Compact RGB LED Controller: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition Review
- 1.6 Improved Heat Dissipation: ARCTIC Freezer 33 Esports Edition Review
- 1.7 Efficient Cooling: Cryorig H7 Review
- 1.8 Unique-Designed Fan Clips: DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 Review
- 1.9 Great Look In Action: Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M Review
- 1.10 Silent Operation: Cooler Master MA620M Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best CPU Air Cooller
- 2.1 What Is CPU Air Cooler?
- 2.2 Why CPU Air Cooler Is Necessary?
- 2.3 What Is The Best Budget CPU Cooler For Gaming?
- 2.4 How Do You Cool Down Your CPU?
- 2.5 What Kind Of Liquid Is In A CPU Cooler?
- 2.6 Best CPU Air Coollers Types
- 2.7 How To Choose The Best CPU Air Cooler
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 CPU Air Coollers: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top Quality - Noctua NH-U14S Review
- Award-winning, slim 140mm single-tower design combines outstanding cooling performance with superb quietness of operation and excellent RAM compatibility
- Does not overhang the RAM slots on LGA2066 and LGA2011 motherboards, ensuring full compatibility with tall modules
- Highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptor for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Easy-to-install SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system for Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA2011, LGA2066 & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+) FM1, FM2(+), AM4
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 10900K, 10700K, 10600K, 10980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 3950X, 3900X, 3700X, 3600X)
Excellent RAM Compatibility: Great Performance - Scythe Mugen 5 Review
- Quiet 120mm Kaze Flex fan (Fluid Dynamic Bearing) for high airflow and static pressure with silent operation(PWM, 300-1200RPM). Addition fan clip for adding 2nd fan(optional) as push-pull configuration for maximal performance.
- RAM modules with tall heatsink are no problem for the Mugen 5, the asymmetric design allows unrestricted access to the memory banks. Classic size CPU fan stands 154.5mm in height, Mugen5 offers great compatibility with most popular computer case on the markets.
- Secure and easy-to-install spring loaded mounting system compatible with socket INTEL LGA 775 / 1150/1151/1155/1156 / 1200 / 1366 / 2011(V3) Square ILM / 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM4 / AM3(+) / AM2(+) / FM2(+) / FM1
- 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure greater heat dissipation and superior cooling performance for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Product dimension: (W)130 x (H)154.5 x (D)110mm, Weight: 890g. Thermal compound paste included. Premium model for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 and AMD Ryzen.
Virtually Inaudible Operation: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Review
- Two virtually inaudible silent Wings PWM fans
- Funnel-shaped frame of the front fan for high air pressure
- Achieves only 24.3Db(a) at maximum fan speed
- Seven high-performance copper heat pipes. Overall dimensions without Mounting material (L x w x H): 5.7 x 5.35 x 6.40 inch
- Airflow-optimized cooling fins; cutouts enhance the RAM compatibility
Easiest Install: Scythe Ninja 5 Review
- Tower cooler with 2 Kaze Flex 120 PWM fans at max speed of only 800 RPM, the push-pull configuration ensures cooling performance and efficiency at low noise level.
- Cutout on the fin stack(55mm clearance) for better clearance of RAM, even in LGA2011(V3) / 2066 motherboards. Overall height is only 155mm, the cooler fits most tower PC case on the market.
- H.P.M.S III is easy-to-install and secure for INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/156, 1366, 2011(V3) Square ILM, 2066 & AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM2(+), FM1. This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets.
- Massive heatsink(130*X130mm) constructed with 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper base to maximize heat transfer and dissipation from CPU, it is potentially be fanless solution as complete silent computer. Ideally to use for mainstream, gaming, overclocking computer with high TDP processor (9900k, 9700k, 9600k)
- Product dimension: 137x155x182mm(W x H x D), Weight: 1190g. Included Y fan cable for installing both fans on same CPU fan header.
Compact RGB LED Controller: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition Review
- Direct contact technology: 4 Heat Pipe with exclusive direct contact technology effectively provide excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 57.3 CFM; Noise level: 26.0 decibels
- Precise air flow: Stacked fin array ensure least airflow resistance which allows cooler air flow into the heat sink
- RGB LED controller: The wired RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button
- Smart Fan sensor for jam protection: Never worry about your cables getting snagged or components being mucked up ever again
- Snap and play: Intuitive fan bracket design makes upgrading and removing the fan a breeze
Improved Heat Dissipation: ARCTIC Freezer 33 Esports Edition Review
- ADDITIONAL FAN FOR MORE COOLING CAPACITY: Two low noise 120 mm fans mounted on opposite sides of the heatpipe provide a great airflow. The first fan pushes air through the heatsink, the second fan pulls the air out of the heatsink
- NEW ARCTIC MOTOR: Extremely quiet operation through a newly developed motor guarantees long sessions without annoying noise
- COMPATIBLE WITH INTEL SOCKETS: 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 2011*, 2011-3*, 2066* (*Square ILM) and AMD Sockets AM4
- OPTIMISED FAN DESIGN: We further optimised the fan blade design to get a higher airflow at lower noise generation. With the range of 200 to 1 800 RPM the fans of the Freezer 33 eSports Edition are controllable with the PWM Sharing Technology to regulate the fan speed as needed
- LOW MOTOR TEMPERATURE - 4 x LIFE SPAN: 10 °C lower motor temperature doubles the life span. The BioniX gaming fans have a four times longer service life through low coil temperature. Therefore, we extend the warranty to 10 years
Efficient Cooling: Cryorig H7 Review
- Proprietary Hive Fin System for airflow optimization, air turbulence reduction, added heat dissipation area, Jet Fin Acceleration SystemTM, and structural support.
- 3 Pure Copper Heatpipes
- Heatpipe Convex-AlignTM and Displacement Optimization TM high efficient heatpipe layout and design
- Includes one QF120 120mm PWM fan with our proprietary HPLNTM bearing for optimum airflow and noise ratio, and Quad Air Inlet TM for increased air intake
Unique-Designed Fan Clips: DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 Review
- Supports Intel Socket 130W LGA20XX/LGA1366/LGA115X/LGA775 and AMD Socket 125W AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- 120x120x25mm PWM fan with blue LED
- 4 sintered powder heatpipes directly touch the CPU surface
- Extra fan clips provided allow adding a second fan
- Can be easily installed without moving the motherboard
Great Look In Action: Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M Review
- Hexagon hologram aluminum fin– specialized hologram cutout for unique color lighting and excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 53.38 CFM; Noise level:31.0 decibels
- Thermal detection sensor cpu temperature monitored by sensor and displayed through color lighting effects
- Air guide armor the specially designed Armor to guide the air flow and reduce dead spots
- 28 addressable RGB led fully addressable RGB that is certified to sync with RGB motherboard or controlled by master plus+
- Continuous Direct Contact Technology 2; 0 (CDC 2; 0) by compressing heat pipes together, There is 45% more surface area on the cooler base, providing improved heat dissipation over the previous version
Silent Operation: Cooler Master MA620M Review
- Dual tower heatsink – a combination of two sets of heatsink covers more surface area and 6 heat pipes uniform layout distributes heat over more evenly across heatsinks. Air flow - 53. 4 CFM. Noise level - 30. 0 decibels
- Uniform 6 pipe – a combination of two sets of heatsink covers more surface area and 6 heat pipes uniform layout distributes heat over more evenly across heatsinks
- Lighting badge – cm hexagon logo and embedded addressable RGB lighting strip provides unique perspective light effect.
- New SF120R Fan – with silent driver IC and a wide range of speed settings, it can be used for silent operation or fine-tuned for maximum cooling performance
- Addressable RGB LED controller – the wired addressable RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best CPU Air Cooller
What Is CPU Air Cooler?
The best CPU air coolers are attachable or installed systems that blow cold air into your PC to help keep the main compartments cold. By doing so, you can lower the overall temperature of your system. This, in turn, helps expand your CPU’s lifespan and keeps the system from burning out.
Why CPU Air Cooler Is Necessary?
If you want to preserve the life of your system and also extend the lifespan of other parts, you will need a very efficient cooling system. Why would you want an air cool specifically? This is because it’s a safer method for keeping your system cold, especially if you find the best CPU camera reviews. Air coolers don’t require any complicated installations, can be inside or outside of your computer, and don’t need the use of carefully placed thermal paste.
What Is The Best Budget CPU Cooler For Gaming?
One of the best budget CPU coolers is the Deepcool Gammaxx 400. It features a PWM CPU fan which includes LED lights and has four different powered heat pipes. It comes with extra fan clips, which can also be useful if you’re attaching many fans. Lastly, this unit is affordable and is suitable for any setup. The CPU cooler reviews also state that it’s the most affordable option.
How Do You Cool Down Your CPU?
There are two main ways to keep your CPU cool, either by using the best CPU liquid cooler or the best CPU air cooler. Each of these types provides you with pros and cons, which will be dependent on your preferences. Other than that, you can try to prop a window open, use your PC minimally, and cut down on the types of programs that you use. However, it’s much easier to go with a more relaxed option.
What Kind Of Liquid Is In A CPU Cooler?
A majority of best CPU cooler liquids are made from a mixture of water, deionized water, glycol, and water dielectric alloys. These types of ingredients are excellent at conducting heat and are the most common ingredients used.
Best CPU Air Coollers Types
Knowing the different types of coolers can help you make a better choice on which one will work for your setup. Here’s a quick overview of the two types of good CPU coolers on the market.
Air Cooling System
Air cooling systems are going to be the most common you find as they work well and are incredibly efficient at lowering the core temperature of your CPU. They are relatively inexpensive, though some models will also range on the higher range end. These fans work to push the best fresh air into your system and regulate the temperature of the inside of your system. Heat dissipates and produces a lower temperature for your CPU. It’s the most versatile in terms of cooling systems and also features compatibility.
Liquid Cooling System
The next type is called a liquid cooling system. If you’re looking for an upgraded and enhanced system, then these are better. They feature quieter operation, have better setups, and also look aesthetically pleasing. That being said, the liquid is best for those who like to overclock their systems or have their games running on full graphics settings. The only downside is that you will need to change out the pump.
How To Choose The Best CPU Air Cooler
Well, you may not be inclined to switch your current cooling system as you may think that it’s sufficient. However, there’s always going to be a model that functions better than your current setup. Technology grows at fast rates, which means sometimes it’s hard to keep up with what’s the best CPU cooling system. Here are a few reasons as to why you should upgrade:
- Noise Reduction
- System Upgrades
- Running Hardcore Software
- System Damages
- CPU Cooler Designs
CPU Air Cooler Orientation
This is the next aspect you should consider. Tower Style CPU Coolers may be installed in two variations; the first pulls air from in front of your PC casing while the others pull air from around the CPU. Choosing the best one over the other might be better for your setup. Be sure to do some research as each position has its list of positives and negatives. Downdraft CPU Coolers: The other type is downdraft coolers. These function by rewriting the airflow down and then allowing it to rise and cool down your entire system. These types are often utilized in low profile CPU and can easily fit inside a PC case, making it accessible and easy to install.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
The best CPU air cooler can make a significant impact on the performance and lifespan of your computer. If you haven’t installed one already, we highly suggest you pick one off of homemakerguide best CPU cooler list, as this can help regulate your PC’s temperature. Even if you’re not overclocking your computer, running powerful programs, or steaming, you should still have a cooler. Overall, you’ll find that a low-end cooler can keep your CPU at room temperature, which boosts the performance of your computer. There are many affordable types, which make it even easier to find one that’s compatible with your computer type. Before you go out and buy the best CPU cooler, be sure to pay attention to the specific buying considerations, as you don’t want to purchase one that will stop working, always read the reviews. A majority of cooling systems will only be compatible with specific types of rigs, so double check to see if the one you’re interested in works for your type of computer.
Also, beware that some cooling systems won’t work in computer cases, as they are large and may only be fit to have on the outside of the system.
Lastly, decide if you want air or liquid cooler, as the functions will be different in them. If we had to choose one to be the best CPU cooler, we’d have to select Noctua NH-U14S because it features the best combination of price and performance. It’s easy to install a system that is highly optimizable and has full compatibility with most PCs. The most power it delivers is 150mm through the fan and can help regulate your system and bring it down to shallow temperatures. The only downside we’ve found from the reviews is that it is tremendous and you may need some expertise to fit it into your computer case. However, any of them on our list is the best CPU cooler 2020.