Highly effective Star Brite Non-Skid Deck Cleaner is the best composite deck cleaner on our list. Perfect for wooden decks, concrete, brick, and a whole bunch of other surfaces. The formula includes special chelating agents and the PTEF polymers that lift the dirt, mold, and algae to the surface and prevent it from coming back.
To clean a deck, a fence, or a house wall, choose a 32 Oz. bottle or a gallon. Apply a needed amount of solution. You can use a pump-up sprayer to do that.
It is by far the best deck cleaner before staining, which will make dirty and molded surfaces shiny again and ensure better stain penetration.
- Great for boats because of a biodegradable formula, - no harm if it gets in the water
- Leaves wax on
- Safer for plants when used as a deck and fence cleaner
- Available in various packaging
- Doesn’t work on rust stains, but can be replaced with other Star Brite products
This DEFY product comes in second for only two reasons. Its usage area is limited to wood surfaces, and it's not primarily a cleaner. Its major functions are brightening wood and removing the remains of a cleaner or a stain stripper.
Still, many deck cleaner reviews state that this is one of the most efficient wooden decking cleaning solutions on the market. It saves the grains from ruining because no scrubbing is needed. With its help, wood comes back to its natural color.
This is an exceptional case when a brightener can compete with the top deck cleaner and lose only a few points.
- Removes rust stains as easily as simple dirt
- You can see the results almost immediately
- Loosens any dirt and contaminants
- Increased stain adhesion of the wood grains
- The price is a little high, but the effect is worth it
- Better combined with Defy Wood Cleaner, although it can be used for multiple purposes on its own.
30 SECONDS is a classic deck algae cleaner. This product will give your deck a new life and prepare it for staining perfectly. It doesn’t just remove algae and mold stains, but also destroys the spores on the surface, not allowing it to grow back. This chemical works equally well on woods, concrete, composites, etc. This is a concentrate and has to be mixed with water in 1:1 ratio, so the gallon will last twice as long compared to undiluted solutions for the same price.
The formula of 30 seconds Outdoor Cleaner is unmatched in tackling algae. So, it wins the title of the best wood fence cleaner, as these surfaces are most intimidated by these organisms.
- This composite deck cleaner immediately attacks mold, mildew, and algae
- Doesn’t require a pressure washer
- Time-saving because no rubbing or sanding is needed either
- Not expensive
- Not a natural deck cleaner, though safe for plants and lawns
- Might take longer than 30 seconds, - let it sit for a minute or so!
Another solution is a bleach deck cleaner by RMR. Though some best deck cleaner consumer reports strongly advise against using bleach, sometimes it is inevitable. And often, it is better than a destructive pressure washer with less effective chemicals.
But mind that RMR-86 is not just bleach. It is a sophisticated formula that removes the most irritating stains in the blink of an eye using less caustic materials. Apply some spray-on deck cleaner and watch the stains vanish.
It radically removes mold, mildew, and algae in seconds and doesn't require any tools at all.
- Works instantly
- The results last for a long time
- Doesn’t have to be diluted with water
- Can be used right from the bottle
- Causes metal corrosion
- The smell and fumes are very strong, so a respirator mask is a must
Of all the products mentioned on our list, this oxygenated deck cleaner has the widest functions. They range from laundry and renewing mattresses to getting rid of algae, and mold stains on stucco, tile, house shakes, sidings, fences and, of course, decks. Wherever you apply it in and outside your house - the surface gets clean fast, and its colors are well-preserved. As a deck cleaner, 99% PURE Sodium Percarbonate is regarded one of the most gentle solutions and has no impact on the environment.
If you have a nice new deck, 99% PURE Sodium Percarbonate will keep it clean for you at all times with no effort. If not, brush a little, and your deck will look like a new one.
- Sustains colors of the surfaces you clean
- Totally universal, - you don’t have to buy a solution for a deck only
- Keeps wood grains safe
- Never bleach surfaces
- Better works when brushed
- Isn’t ready-to-go, you will have to make a solution first just by adding hot water
Mold Armor FG503 E-Z House Wash is a concentrate that saves you tons of money, as to make a solution you need three parts of water and only one part of chemical. It will suit anybody who wants to tackle annoying stains from mold, algae, and dirt on a various range of surfaces. Just put the spray on, let it sit for five minutes, rinse it away, and see how it all gets clean. It can be applied with any type of sprayer and even with a sponge.
If you want to purchase the best deck cleaner on a budget, this is your choice.
- Applied with no effort
- Very affordable
- Neds no pressure washing
- It takes only 10 minutes to get the job done!
- The diluted solution will not work well enough on challenging spots, but you can use it full strength
Simple GREEN has created the best deck cleaner for a pressure washer, for sure. Whenever you read about how to clean a deck, restore it, and prepare it for staining, it seems to be no way but to use caustic chemicals. This company has proved that it's unnecessary. It will keep plants in your garden safe when you apply it to outdoor surfaces. You also don't have to worry about water pollution when you use it on a boat.
It is totally safe for the environment and quite effective.
- Applied with a pressure washer which saves your time
- Top deck cleaner safe for plants
- Will clean anything: from rugs to houses, vehicles, fences, and boats
- If you don't have a pressure washer in your household, you should search for another SIMPLE GREEN option
The impressive Rust-Oleum invention is a wood deck cleaner that removes any contaminants and dirt from a deck. It also works brilliantly on any horizontal or vertical outdoor surface. The formula is based on oxygen bleach and is entirely safe both for the surface and environment.
The solution will prepare your deck for staining and sealing, opening wood pores and guaranteeing better adhesion. It entirely transforms any old wooden surface, and you don’t have to leave it on for long. It starts working in 10 minutes or so.
The overall assessment based on our experience and deck cleaner reviews is that it works as stated in most cases.
- Clings to vertical areas
- Fast solution for cleaning and coating prep
- Gives a shiny look to your deck
- Convenient packaging
- No pressure washing
- Might require you to scrub the most tricky spots
You might think that any deck mildew cleaner starts working right away. Well, Wet and Forget 10587 is not like that. It’s for those who have patience, but the results are just as impressive. Apply the diluted solution to the surface and wait until any trait of moss or mildew is gone. It doesn’t cause any corrosion, so you can use it on vehicles and metal surfaces in your yard.
You don’t even have to rinse it. Let the sun and rain help it and come back later.
- Kills algae once and forever
- Buying one gallon of the concentrate, you get six gallons of the solution to use
- No brushing, scrubbing or even rinsing
- Doesn’t work immediately, will take a week to two weeks to see the difference
A deck cleaner and brightener might be quite a subjective choice. Some surfaces require highly effective tools, while others can be washed with soap and water. Some people are ready to spend top dollar on a chemical that will do the job, and others would rather scrub harder not to overpay.
Best deck cleaner types
This typology based on the way the solutions work.
Such a deck stain cleaner might be caustic, so don’t forget to protect your skin and eyes. Wearing a mask is also very important. The solution works within a minute, so you can enjoy the results with no delay.
Based on Sodium Percarbonate or oxygenated bleach, they can have many uses. E.g., like a deck, fence, stucco, and granite floor cleaner. They are less aggressive than conventional cleaner, but it doesn’t mean they won’t be able to remove some contaminations with equal efficiency.
Applied to various outdoor surfaces, they have to be sprayed on and rinsed off thoroughly. They can’t be used for laundry or as laminate floor polish, for example. Some of these chemicals might be dangerous for plants, so read the instruction carefully. In the case, your cleaner can harm plants or lawns, spray them with water before starting to clean.
For a pressure washer
Opposed to common disbelief, they are not washed down with a pressure washer. They are applied with it, creating a 2-in-1 cleaning weapon. The top solution of this type are safe for the environment.
Solutions left on the surface for a considerable time
They should be applied to a cleaned surface and left for weeks. That is why they are often referred to as a ‘leave and forget’ type. Hopefully, they will work with no intrusion on your side. So, you won’t need to scrub anything after the work of the solution is done.
Our Recommendation for 2020
Homemakerguide.com reviews have been created to point out all the pros and cons of the cleanerdeck wash top list and help you pick the best deck cleaner 2020. Our winner is Star Brite Non-Skid Deck Cleaner which is what a deck cleaner has to be. It is perfect for boats, house decks, walls, fences, etc. While manufacturers’ descriptions of first-rate products, like Star Brite, reflect a real picture, you can’t take a word of less reliable companies for granted. Luckily, you can trust us.