- 1 TOP 10 Best Digital Cameras Under 200: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: #1 Best Seller in Digital Point & Shoot Cameras - Canon PowerShot Digital Camera with 42x Optical Zoom Review
- 1.2 Minimalist Design: Instant Result - Polaroid Instant Digital Camera Review
- 1.3 For Vlogging: SEREE Digital Vlogging Camera Review
- 1.4 Good Functionality: Polaroid Portable Instant Print Digital Camera Review
- 1.5 Hassle-Free Shooting: Fujifilm Waterproof Digital Camera Review
- 1.6 For Beginners: Canon PowerShot 20 MP Digital Camera Review
- 1.7 Intelligent Modes: Sony 20.1 MP Digital Camera Review
- 1.8 Compact & Well-Made: Canon PowerShot Digital Camera with Image Stabilization Review
- 1.9 Affordable: Kodak 16MP Digital Camera Review
- 1.10 Great Picture Quality: Sony 18.2 MP Digital Camera Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Digital Cameras Under 200
- 2.1 How to choose Best Digital Camera Under 200
- 2.2 Things to Avoid in a Camera Under $200
- 2.3 Types of Best Digital Cameras Under 200
- 3 The Best Digital Camera Under 200. Final Advice
TOP 10 Best Digital Cameras Under 200: Comparison Table
Best Overall: #1 Best Seller in Digital Point & Shoot Cameras - Canon PowerShot Digital Camera with 42x Optical Zoom Review
- Powerful 42x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer for outstanding optical performance
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9 / 3:2 / 4:3 / 1:1. Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos.
- 20.0 Megapixel sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality and approx number of shots recordable to 16 GB memory card
- 3.0-inch LCD with a wide viewing angle allows clear display as well as easy operation and sharing. LCD Pixels : Approx. 230,000 dots.Operating Environment:0 - 40 °C, 10 - 90% humidity
- Capture 720p HD video with clear sound. Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.11 x 2.72 x 3.35 in. / 104.4 x 69.1 x 85.1mm
Minimalist Design: Instant Result - Polaroid Instant Digital Camera Review
- SNAP, PRINT, SHARE - The Polaroid Snap instant digital camera captures all the fun and spontaneity of the legacy Polaroid instant camera in an easy, compact package. Simply point and click to print vibrant, high-quality photos that you can share, no computer connections needed
- ZERO INK, ZERO TONER, INSTANT RESULTS - The integrated ZINK printing technology enables you to instantly print full-color, smudge-proof 2x3 inches prints automatically when an image is captured - without ink, ribbons or toner cartridges, this enables you to easily print and share physical photos at the push of a button, while saving all your images for easy uploading
- EMBRACE YOUR INNER PHOTOGRAPHER - Get snapping, capture details with the powerful 10 megapixel sensor, insert a microSD card (32GB max) to expand the memory, load your Zink paper and print on the spot, add an artistic touch with the different picture modes available. Simile to the camera and take a selfie with the built-in selfie mirror or get yourself and the group in the shot with the self-timer feature
- POST ANYWHERE - The 2X3" prints are ready in under a minute, the adhesive backing makes for extra fun and easy posting on most surfaces. Your photos are also saved on the Polaroid Snap for easy uploading to your computer and social media platforms
- CHARMING DESIGN – Comes in Variety of Fun, Bold Colors; Compact Size Slips neatly even into your shirt pocket - Despite its many digital technological advancements, the Polaroid Snap is an easy-to-use and an accessible-to-all product at a price point you would expect to pay for an analog instant camera. Includes a Handy Wrist Strap and a Micro USB Cord
For Vlogging: SEREE Digital Vlogging Camera Review
- 【2.7k Digital Camera for Youtube】 This digital camera supports 2.7K video resolution (Format: MOV.) and taking photos with 24.0MP picture resolution, 4x digital zoom. 2.7K video resolution support image capturing and video shooting. 4x digital zoom(no optical zoom)enlarges your picture, good vlogging camera especially for a beginner.
- 【 Anti-Shake & Continuous Shooting】 Based on basic photo shooting, video recording, we add CMOS anti-shake, time lapse continuous shooting, white balance, exposure, IOS and sharpness setting features to this digital camera under $100 for better shooting experience. Great at recording happy time in a dark environment/in action for boys and girls in outdoor. No need to worry insufficient memory, as this vlogging camera supports up to Max 32G SD card .(Not Included).
- 【3.0 Inch Flip Screen & Retractable Flashlight】Equipped with a 3.0-inch LCD display screen with 180 degrees rotation. This vlogging camera make you see exactly while taking a selfie.The youtube camera performs extremely well in low light. You can choose to pop up the front flash to illuminate a larger area by using the slider and can also adjust ISO setting for recording in a dark environment.
- 【Easy to Use】This camera has a simple and stylish look and compact size,easy to carry and use,record high-quality image and video.It's great for beginners and can be used to shoot landscape and portrait for vlogging. The package included a camera strap so you can go around the neck allowing greater convenience for outings or travelling.
- 【Perfect Gift】 The vlogging camera has an exquisite looking. It is not only light in weight but also portable. Recording travel, sports events, weddings, birthday parties and other activities will be a good choice.
Good Functionality: Polaroid Portable Instant Print Digital Camera Review
- SNAP, PRINT, SHARE – The Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Print Digital Camera captures all the fun and spontaneity of the legacy Polaroid instant camera in an easy, compact package, without the hassle of ink toner or toner cartridges. Simply point and shoot to print vibrant, high-quality vivid full color photos on 3x2 adhesive backed paper that you can share instantly with loved ones thanks to its built-in portable printer technology
- PACKED WITH FEATURES – Capture details with the powerful 13 megapixel sensor, Insert a microSD card (128GB max) to expand the memory, built- in Microphone & speaker, Bluetooth connectivity integrates with the printing App available for iOS & Android A 3.5“ LCD Touchscreen with Digital Viewfinder Technology
- ZERO INK, ZERO TONER -The integrated ZINK printing technology enables you to instantly print full-color, smudge-proof 2x3 inches prints automatically when an image is captured - without ink cartridges, ribbons or toner. You can even shoot new images while the Polaroid Snap Touch is still printing – no computer connections is needed!
- EMBRACE YOUR INNER PHOTOGRAPHER- Get snapping load your Zink paper and print on the spot. Use the camera or easy app to add filters, borders, Emoji’s, Digital stickers and more. Take a selfie with the built-in selfie mirror or shoot sensational 1080P/720P HD video. Share your creations online and on paper!
- CHARMING SLEEK DESIGN – Comes in Variety of Fun, Bold Colors; Compact Size Slips neatly even into your shirt pocket - Despite its many digital technological advancements, the Polaroid Snap Touch is an easy-to-use and an accessible-to-all product at a price point you would expect to pay for an digital instant camera. Includes Handy Wrist Strap, Micro USB Cord & Paper 10-Pack
Hassle-Free Shooting: Fujifilm Waterproof Digital Camera Review
- 16.4 MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- Waterproof to 65ft/20M, freeze proof to 14 Degree/-10 Degree, Shockproof to 5.8ft/1.75M, and dustproof
- Fujinon 5x (28-140mm) wide angle optical zoom
- Bluetooth capability - the newly installed Bluetooth low energy technology allows automatic and instant image transfer to smartphones and tablet devices by easy pairing registration.
- Geo Tagging Capability - Choose whether location data downloaded from your smartphone is embedded in pictures as they are taken on your XP130
For Beginners: Canon PowerShot 20 MP Digital Camera Review
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- 720p HD video capabilities
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
- Includes - SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD Card / Replacement Lithium Ion Battery / Travel Quick Charger / Focus Medium Point & Shoot Camera Accessory Bundle
Intelligent Modes: Sony 20.1 MP Digital Camera Review
- 20.1 Megapixel Plus 8x Zoom
- Optical Steady Shot image Stabilization with 2-way Active Mode
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode ; This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
- Panorama Shooting: 360 Sweep Panorama; Minimum Illumination: Auto: 22.0 lux Shutter Speed 1/30
- Picture Effect: Still images: Toy camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key, Panoramas: Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key, Movies: Toy camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key
Compact & Well-Made: Canon PowerShot Digital Camera with Image Stabilization Review
- 12x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- Operating temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C.Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos
- 202 Megapixel CMOS sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality even in low light
- 1080p HD video capabilities. Focal length 4.5 (W) – 54.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 25–300mm)
- Large 30-inch LCD enables easy viewing even from a wide angle
Affordable: Kodak 16MP Digital Camera Review
- 5x optical zoom
- 28mm wide angle
- 16 megapixels
- 2.7" Lcd screen
- 720P HD video
Great Picture Quality: Sony 18.2 MP Digital Camera Review
- 10x Optical / 20x Clear Image Zoom G Lens, 182MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor for superb low light images, BIONZ X engine for superb detail and noise reduction
- Operating temperature:32-104°F/0-40°C.Smooth Full HD video recording in 1080/60p, Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi w/NFC, Capture the decisive moment with up to 10fps
- In the box: Rechargeable Battery (NP-BN), AC Adaptor (AC-UB10C / UB10D), Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Instruction Manual
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA):Up to 210 shots / 105 minutes
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Digital Cameras Under 200
How to choose Best Digital Camera Under 200
The stores are full of digital cameras today. Every year more and more models are produced. With such a wide assortment, there is a question: how to choose the best inexpensive but good $200 camera? Let’s try to understand all the nuances.
Ease of Use
If you are a beginner and need an inexpensive camera, choose a model that is easy in use. Most of the best cameras under $200 offer various automatic controls that do not require special skills for taking photos. There are even models with a touch screen display, which simplifies the process of photo making.
It is an indicator, which characterizes the capabilities of your camera’s lens to shoot distant objects – the higher it is, the more distant object you can zoom in and take a picture. Since this figure is directly related to the dimensions of the optics of your best digital camera under $200, lenses with high zoom values can significantly increase the size and weight of the camera. Also, note that when shooting at long distances, the effect of a handshake on photo quality increases, so tripods and camera models with optical stabilization should be used to compensate it.
Camera Size and Design
For beginners, it would be an ideal solution to find a camera that can be taken with him anywhere. It’s necessary to give preference to compact devices that are lightweight and have small dimensions. Best budget models are available in various designs and forms. You need to choose the one that suits you better.
Matrix is one of the main and expensive parts of the camera. In principle, the larger the matrix size, the better. But the number of pixels should not be decisive when choosing a digital camera under 200. 12-15 megapixels will be enough to print a photo 40×30 cm or to admire it on the big screen of the TV. Three million pixels are enough for printing a 10×15 photo. By the way, the physical sizes of photos can be different.
The size of the matrix is indicated in inches: 1/2.5 – corresponds to 5.76×4.29 mm, 1/1.8 – 7.176×5.319 mm. Of course, the second option would be preferable. Too many pixels of the best camera for $200 should be alerted – as a rule, the larger the pixels, the smaller they are, and there will be less light per pixel – hence the noise. A more important factor when choosing a compact digital camera is photosensitivity. That is, which camera is better in low light, you should choose it.
This is a parameter that is also important. Most of the beginners perceive it as the only measure of the best shooting quality. In fact, this is just the total number of elements on the matrix, on which the final resolution of the image depends. The larger it is, the higher the detail of the image, and, accordingly, the larger the quality of the print that you can get in a photo studio or on a home printer.
Optical Zoom Lens
Almost all digital devices are equipped with zoom, but the choice is better to do in favor of the optical zoom lens. So, you can bring the most distant objects and get a picture with perfect clarity.
Video Shooting Feature
If it is important for you that the video function is present, then pay attention to the resolution. Most often in the best cameras under $200 it is no higher than 1280 by 720 and the number of frames per second rarely exceeds 30. If you choose a camera with a video function, then there must be an image stabilizer.
All top cameras under 200 are equipped with built-in flash. Here there is one choice criterion: the more powerful the flash, the better. These data should be specified in the technical characteristics of the camera. It is advisable to choose a model with the possibility of a forced flash, and not just automatic. For example, if you shoot a person standing in the background of a window, the light falling on the sensor will show that there is enough light, but the person’s face will be dark. That’s why you can use the opportunity to turn on the flash yourself.
Display and Viewfinder
It depends on how you will see the subject. In most cases, you will use the best screen, but on a bright sunny day the information on it may not be visible, here will help the viewfinder. Almost always, when shooting, automatic focusing is used, so the viewfinder is only needed for visual control of the plot being shot. The existence of the rotary or folding screen very facilitates shooting. It is necessary that the display shows all the shooting parameters – this is useful for further analysis.
Today it is possible to find a budget digital camera with an inbuilt Wi-Fi connection. The only drawback of this feature is that it uses the resources of the battery very quickly.
Things to Avoid in a Camera Under $200
Low Build Quality
Some manufacturers of the best camera for $200 decide to save on the quality of the build. It means that the device can get broken when it falls down. It is possible to define the quality from the very first sight. Usually, such models are very lightweight and look flimsy.
Some manufacturers post information about the digital zoom value in their cameras. Unfortunately, it is not correct as digital zooming often is the reason why the quality of the image is poor. To avoid further misunderstandings, try to choose the best brands that give information about optical zoom.
Low Battery Life
Usually, the best digital camera under $200 is not equipped with a high-quality battery, and its life will be enough for a bit more than 100 pictures. So, it is necessary to be informed of the battery life of the chosen camera. In a case when it supports Wi-Fi, it will die quicker. When you are planning to buy a model for a trip, choose a model that will work longer without a recharge.
Types of Best Digital Cameras Under 200
Currently, the mass market of budget digital cameras is represented by three types of cameras: compact, ultra-zoom, and creative devices with non-replaceable optics. Let’s consider all of them in details.
These are models that are small in size and weight, as well as the most balanced combination of price/features. They are best suited for daily use on vacation, excursions, reportage photography, etc. The smallest representatives of this class can fit in a jacket pocket or a small handbag, making it very often used as an image accessory.
These are models with maximum zoom lenses (from 10 and above), designed for shooting distant objects. The pronounced specialization not in the best way affects the dimensions of the device, so such equipment is difficult to carry around with you throughout the day.
These are the best top-end devices with the highest functionality, which can surpass the entry-level DSLR models by the set of basic characteristics. Due to the high resolution and larger dimensions of the matrix, the presence of all the necessary manual adjustments, high-quality optics, and the ability to shoot in the RAW format, they provide the highest image quality. This type also includes dust- and waterproof cameras for extreme shooting.
The Best Digital Camera Under 200. Final Advice
After we reviewed top cameras under 200, it’s high time for the final advice. Based on homemakerguide research and listed reviews, it’s possible to conclude that Canon PowerShot Digital Camera with 42x Optical Zoom is the best digital camera under 200 2020. It is recommended to prefer this best digital camera under 200 to its competitors due to its numerous fantastic features. First of all, using this best digital camera under 200, you can easily capture the beauty of every moment. A high-resolution 20-megapixel matrix and 42x optical zoom provide clear, detailed shots even with fast motion. Intelligent Auto Mode present in this best digital camera under 200 automatically adjusts settings to suit shooting conditions.