- 1 Top 8 Best Dishwasher Detergents for Hard Water: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Lemi Shine Natural Dishwasher Detergent Review
- 1.2 Cleaning Booster: OxiClean Triple Action Dishwashing Detergent Review
- 1.3 Supercharged Tab: Finish - Max in 1 Dishwasher Detergent Review
- 1.4 Powerful & Safe Formula: Lemi Shine - Shine + Dry Natural Dishwasher Review
- 1.5 Easy To Use: Finish Quantum Dishwasher Detergent Review
- 1.6 Organic Enzymed-Powdered: Grab Green Natural Automatic Dishwashing Detergent Review
- 1.7 Powerful & Safe: Puracy Platinum Dishwasher Detergent Pods Review
- 1.8 Highly Recommend: Presto! Premium Dishwasher Detergent Pacs Review
- 2 What are the Different Dishwasher Detergent Types?
- 3 Buying Guide for Best Dishwasher Detergent for Hard Water
- 4 Conclusion
Top 8 Best Dishwasher Detergents for Hard Water: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Lemi Shine Natural Dishwasher Detergent Review
- POWERFUL CITRIC EXTRACTS FOR THAT EXTRA BOOST: This is a 2-pack of the #1 Dish Detergent Booster, the 24 oz Booster Additive, to be used in conjunction with dishwasher detergent to better clean dishes and give them a sparkling finish. Try Lemi Shine Auto Dish Detergent Pods
- TOUGH ON STAINS NATURALLY: Our dishwashing booster contains natural ingredients, powerful citric extracts that remove stains, hard water spots, film, lime, calcium, iron, and other mineral deposits.
- PH BALANCE OPTIMIZATION: Use Dish Detergent Booster for optimizing your dishwasher's cleaning ability by balancing the PH caused by hard water.
- SAFE & TESTED: Our products are UL Tested and the results speak for themselves, our products perform better than any other brand on the market, and all-natural. Lemi Shine Booster is biodegradable, phosphate free, non-toxic, and Septic system safe when used as directed.
- CLEANS AND DEODORIZES: Cleans, Deodorizes, and optimizes all dishwashers and works in all auto dish and dishwasher systems. Natural and Safe for your pets and children when used as directed. Made in the USA.
Cleaning Booster: OxiClean Triple Action Dishwashing Detergent Review
- One 18.4 oz. bottle of OxiClean Triple Action Dishwashing Booster
- Add Triple Action Dish Booster with your regular dishwashing detergent
- Dissolves away food and the cloudy film that builds up during the rinse cycle
- Dishes, glasses and silverware come out clean and pristine
- From America's #1 Stain Fighter Additive Brand
Supercharged Tab: Finish - Max in 1 Dishwasher Detergent Review
- World's #1 Recommended Brand - Recommended by more dishwasher brands worldwide
- Easy-to-use, wrapper free & pre-measured with clean, fresh scent
- No need to pre-rinse. Contains pre-soakers that cut grease & scrub away burnt, dried-on food
- Contains bleach that targets & removes tough stains including tea & coffee
- Contains Glass Protect Action to help prevent glass corrosion & redeposit
Powerful & Safe Formula: Lemi Shine - Shine + Dry Natural Dishwasher Review
- Lemi Shine Natural Rinse aid removes residual hard water deposits like iron, calcium, lime, and rust during the final rinse cycle.
- Lemi Shine's Rinse Aid contains is powered by Natural Citric Extracts, containing natural active ingredients.
- Formulated for all water types, shine your dishes naturally with a sparkling finish!
- Lemi Shine's Shine & Dry Dishwashing Rinse is super concentrated; No need to run the heated dry cycle, which saves energy, money, and time
- Non-toxic, biodegradable, phosphate-free, septic system friendly
Easy To Use: Finish Quantum Dishwasher Detergent Review
- Help soften the toughest food residues like baked-on lasagna and dried-on oatmeal for easy removal
- Powerful cleaners remove even the toughest stains
- Each individually wrapped Finish Powerball tab provides a premeasured dose of detergent, eliminating guesswork and dissolves completely
- Rinse agent action helps rinse away residues, eliminating spots and film for a sparkling shine
- Finish is the worldwide leader in dishwashing and is the #1 recommended brand worldwide by more dishwashing brands than any other brand
Organic Enzymed-Powdered: Grab Green Natural Automatic Dishwashing Detergent Review
- Contains 1-80 load pouch of Grab Green Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Powder, Fragrance Free.
- CONVENIENT, EASY TO USE VELCRO CLOSURE: No more hassling with frustrating zip closures.
- SPOT-FREE, BRILLIANT SHINE: Powerful Dishwasher Detergent, easily measured with the included scoop, tackles your toughest loads, WITHOUT harsh chemicals.
- CONCENTRATED POWDER=GREAT VALUE: Powder detergents are not diluted, like liquid detergents, so you get effective results with half the product.
- SAFER FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY & THE PLANET: Made without, phosphates, phthalates, chlorine, animal by-products, toxins, dyes or masking agents; PROUDLY: Naturally-derived and made in the USA with domestic & imported components; CRUELTY-FREE—never tested on animals.
Powerful & Safe: Puracy Platinum Dishwasher Detergent Pods Review
- Plant-Powered Performance: Advanced plant-derived enzymes quickly target and break down stubborn foods and stains without the need to pre-soak or pre-rinse (scrape, don’t rinse)
- No Spots or Residues: No matter how hard your water is, our 3rd generation formula will thoroughly clean and rinse free without any notable spots (note: some clear plastic materials should be wiped with towel to remove water droplets)
- Use with All Dishwasher-Safe Items: Clear results on ceramic, baby bottles, toys, pots, pans, casserole dishes, glass, plastic, silicone, crystal, porcelain, metals, and any surface safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher
- No Harsh Ingredients: No cocamidopropyl betaine, sulfates (SLS, SLES, SCS), bleach, perfume, dyes, petroleum-based ingredients, animal by-products (cruelty-free), or other nasty stuff
- Pure Love Guarantee: If you don’t love it, contact us directly for a full refund (no questions asked); Plant-derived, hypoallergenic, gluten-free, biodegradable, Made in America
Highly Recommend: Presto! Premium Dishwasher Detergent Pacs Review
- Fresh Scent
- 2-in-1 grease fighting and rinse aid for a brilliant clean
- Removes 24-hour stuck on food
- Leaves dishwasher clean and fresh
- Formulated without phosphates
What are the Different Dishwasher Detergent Types?
With the innovations that have taken place over the years in the detergent making industry, you can choose between powder, tablet, and liquid-based dishwasher detergents.
Picking on a dishwasher detergent for hard water entirely depends on the user’s preference and budget as all of them can help in cleaning the dishes and have their pros and cons to list down.
Liquid or Gel-based Dishwashing Agents
This type of liquid-based dishwasher detergent for hard water is easy to use and comes at the mid-range price. They can help in giving you a genuine washing experience and do not cause your hands to swell.
Also, you can use this dishwasher liquid for hard water in small quantities and yet expect some impressive results.
Powder Dishwasher Detergents
This comes in a powder form, and you can scoop out a spoonful of powder and pour it inside the dishwasher by the number of dishwashers you have to clean.
This hard water dishwasher detergent offers flexibility in usage and delivers higher levels of versatility in terms of cleaning utensils, glasses, etc. They are cheap and hence can be afforded by every common man.
This hard water dishwasher cleaner exists in the form of a brick and uses a concentrated quantity of dishwashing agents. These bricks are affordable and are easy to use in comparison to their other counterparts.
The major advantage of using the best dishwasher tablets for hard water is that it doesn’t spill and can clean your dishes pretty well.
Buying Guide for Best Dishwasher Detergent for Hard Water
Getting the right type of dishwasher detergent by merely reading the dishwasher detergent for hard water reviews is not enough, you also need to take into account a few things that are mandatory to ensure better cleaning and prolonged services of your dishwasher.
So here is what you need to look for while buying the best automatic dishwasher detergent for hard water:
Ingredients play a vital role in determining the best dishwasher detergent for hard water for a deep cleansing effect.
Consider buying detergents that have phosphate, diethanolamine, chlorine, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and formaldehyde constituents that are eco-friendly ingredients and can trigger efficient cleaning.
Ingredients to Skip On
A few ingredients, though helpful in the overall cleaning procedure but should be avoided for good while buying a hard water dishwasher solution. Here are a few of them:
- Phthalates – They can raise health issues such as cancer, reproductive issues, and endocrine disruption if consumed.
- Methylisothiazolinone – If at all, it is ingested, they can tend to be corrosive and toxic at the same time.
- Polyacrylates – It can trigger skin and eye irritation, and if it is ingested, it can pose some severe sickness.
- Dyes – They can cause cancer.
- Sodium Hypochlorite – If inhaled, it can pose the risk of skin, eye, and throat irritation.
- Benzisothiazolinone – It can cause skin irritation and also stands harmful for aquatic life.
This determines how efficiently the detergent can cleanse grease, fats, and oils. If you are washing dishes using the best dishwasher detergent for hard water 2020, then it is of no use if it has nil cutting power.
Cutting power is dependent on the ingredients used and how these can work on water molecules.
Fragrance factor does not matter much in case of buying the best dishwasher detergent for hard water 2020 as the smell does not stay for long on the dishes. Fragrance can be considered as an important parameter for laundry washers.
Though many love to opt for dishwasher detergents that let out a pleasant smell, it is better that you skip on this parameter as the fragrance constraint does not enhance the cleaning process in anyways.
Phosphate based detergents are highly useful for removing tough stains and can be used in hard water. It can help in effective cleaning and thus are widely used in restaurants and hotels.
The only downside of buying the best dishwashing detergent for hard water with phosphate content is that it leaves a residue behind but that can be easily cleaned using running water.
No one would like to see any kind of residue left behind once you complete cleaning your dishes. But there are chances that you may spot residual leftover on your dishes owing to the hard water that you may be using in your dishwashers.
The hardness of water can be reduced by using the best water softener for well water. The residual build-up usually occurs when you use a powder-based detergent; thus, it is always better to use liquid dishwashers that can rinse the dishes well without leaving any residue behind.
Using wrapped tablets and pods may not help you in adhering to the go green code. There are a few companies that go a step ahead to manufacture products that are eco-friendly and thus can be a great option to be used for cleaning purposes taking into consideration the environmental needs.
So get the best dishwasher detergent for hard water that is packed in such a way that it does not cause havoc on our surroundings and environment.
Tips for Using Dishwasher Detergents at Home
Here are a few tips for you to stay at power while using the best dishwasher detergent for hard water in a dishwasher:
- Never use dishwashing detergents in a dishwasher, there is a thin line of difference between dishwasher detergents and dishwashing detergents.
- You can choose between liquid and powder variants of dishwasher detergents but do not use the dishwashing soaps in your dishwashers.
- Always pour the dishwasher detergent for hard water in the dispenser and not anywhere else. Also, ensure that the dispenser does not have any residual leftovers and is perfectly clean before use.
- Ensure that the dispenser lid is intact and closed well before you turn on your dishwasher.
- Even if you run out of hard water dishwasher cleaner, never use a dishwashing detergent as it can hamper the dishwasher. Instead, you can consider using a mix of best dishwasher soap for hard water and baking soda as a paste to be poured inside the dispenser.
- Addition of a spoonful of lemon juice to the best dishwasher detergent for hard water can help clean the smelly dishes and can help you in getting rid of the foul smell in the dishwasher and dishes at the same time.
- Adding vinegar while cleaning glass dishes can help in efficient cleaning of glasses without causing a cloudy deposit over the glasses.
These days’ dishwashers have become a primary kitchen appliance in almost every traditional house. And thus it is an essential task to choose the best dishwasher detergent for hard water 2020 to get the cleaning job done right.
Logging in to homemakerguide.com can help you solve this skeptical situation of which dishwasher detergent to buy and can assist you in making the right purchase decision.