- 1 Top 10 Best Down Pillows: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Excellent For Sleeping - East Coast Bedding European Goose Down Pillow Review
- 1.2 Ethically Sourced Down: High Quality Material - Lincove Goose Down Sleeping Pillow Review
- 1.3 Durable: PALAWRAN Goose Down Pillow Review
- 1.4 Great For Side Sleepers: Continental Bedding White Goose Down Sleeper Review
- 1.5 Premium Fabric: ComfyDown Travel Pillow Review
- 1.6 No Odor & Crickling: East Coast Bedding Down Pillows Review
- 1.7 Soft: DOWNLITE Hypoallergenic Soft Down Pillow Review
- 1.8 Perfect For Neck Pain: Continental Bedding White Goose Down Luxury Pillow Review
- 1.9 Great For Back: FineFeather 100% Hungarian White Goose Down Pillow Review
- 1.10 Digitally Calibrated: Queen Anne Goose and Duck Down Blend Pillow Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Down Pillows
- 2.1 What are Down Pillows?
- 2.2 Down pillows vs Feather Pillows: What’s the difference?
- 2.3 Pros and Cons of The Best Down Pillows
- 2.4 How To Choose The Best Down Pillows
- 2.5 Best down pillows care and maintenance tips
- 3 Best Down Pillows: the takeaway
Top 10 Best Down Pillows: Comparison Table
You might have already guessed that best down pillows are some of the means to prevent neck pain. Still, choosing the perfect model is not always easy. Probably, the surest way to find the perfect pillow is to start with the leading brands and manufacturers. So, we have compiled a list of quality models that have already proven its worth to thousands of customers across the globe. We are starting from the best of the best and gradually moving on to less popular models. Quick note: even though Royal Hotel Goose Down Pillow is seen as the obvious leader, the models described below are of no lesser quality. After all, choosing a pillow is an individual thing, and the right choice will depend on a lot of factors. This quick compilation lists the major features of the most popular pillow types, and its main goal is to help you find the perfect model tailored to your needs. So, here goes — our best of the best pillow list based on consumer ratings and our own expertise in the industry.
Best Overall: Excellent For Sleeping - East Coast Bedding European Goose Down Pillow Review
- FOR EXCELLENT RELAXED SLEEPING: Forget all about your old-time usual pillows. The feeling of sleeping on a premium quality *Medium Firm* goose down pillow can’t even compare to any of your previous sleeping experiences – sleeping on one of our pillows is something have to try in order to believe!
- EUROPEAN WHITE GOOSE DOWN: The pure white goose down used in East Coast Bedding pillows is of outstanding quality – made exclusively in the USA, these pillows offer you the best possible pillow quality your money can buy!
- DELUXE 100% COTTON SATIN PILLOW SHELL: To match our downright magnificent white goose down quality, we encase it in a solid white sateen shell of 400 thread count cotton fabric. Talk about a super deluxe pillow set!
- A PRODUCT OF QUALITY & EXPERTISE: At East Coast Bedding, we make a point of using nothing but high-end quality materials and modern production processes for our goose down pillows. That’s why you can trust that our pillows will make you sleep like a baby!
- VARIETY OF SIZE: You can choose between the fill amounts; 20 oz. for standard size 20x26 Inch., 25 oz. for Queen size and an amazing 28 oz. for the King size!
Ethically Sourced Down: High Quality Material - Lincove Goose Down Sleeping Pillow Review
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - Ultra smooth 100% cotton sateen 600 thread count shell fluffed with premium white Goose Down - 800 Fill Power, the gold standard in fluffiness, ensuring maximum long-lasting cloud-like loft.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT - Goose down fill is naturally crafted to provide unparalleled head and neck support with gentle neck back and pain relief, ensuring complete relaxation for all sleeping positions and every nocturnal habit.
- BEAUTIFULLY PACKAGED FOR GIFTING OR STORAGE - Comes packaged in an elegant style. Truly the best gift you can buy yourself, and of course for a loved one.
- CHOOSE THE BEST - FOR EVERY BODY. A Soft Fill is the best pillow for Stomach Sleepers; a Medium Fill for back Sleepers; Firm Fill for Side Sleepers and for those who need a higher loft and firmer support.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - A no risk purchase! Not happy? Not a problem. Our friendly customer service will refund your purchase. Another reason to Love Lincove.
Durable: PALAWRAN Goose Down Pillow Review
- Featured with 100% Egyptian cotton shell, luxurious white goose down insert, down proof and medium firm design, this pillow will provide you an extremely comfortable sleeping experience, perfect for side sleepers and back sleepers.
- Egyptian Cotton Shell – 1200 Thread Count Pure Egyptian cotton shell makes this down pillow cool, breathable, glossy, hypoallergenic and static-free, more durable and comfortable to use, offers luxurious comfort throughout the night.
- Down Inset - Luxurious white goose down insert for offering you warmth without hot, providing you superior resilience and insulating properties and making the pillow light and breathable and keep you comfortable all night long.
- Quilting and Down Proof Design – The diamond-shaped quilting forms the inserts and keeps them distributed throughout the pillow, makes the down pillow elegant and fashion. And the triple-layer inset design prevents the down and feathers from leaking.
- Size and Care – 20 x 28 Inches. This bed pillow is easy to care and clean, you can put it in the gentle cycle with cold water and tumble dry it. And slightly flap it to make it back in shape quickly. It’s recommended to give it 2-3 hours of sun bathing regularly for healthier use.
Great For Side Sleepers: Continental Bedding White Goose Down Sleeper Review
- LAY YOUR SLEEPY HEAD ON A CLOUD TONIGHT – This pillow set includes two pillows, Queen size (20 x30-inch.) Our 550 Fill Power (30 ounce) white goose down pillows are exceptionally soft and fluffy –Perfect for Back and Side Sleeper. guaranteed to provide warmth, pleasure and total relaxation.
- MADE IN THE USA & RDS CERTIFIED – Continental bedding only uses the finest quality materials and is made right here in the USA. We are also RDS certified (Responsible Down Standard) to ensure that all down clusters come from geese that have not been subjected to any unnecessary harm. We aim to promote Holistic respect for animal welfare.
- 550 FILL GOOSE DOWN, NATURES PREMIER FILL - Each pillow is filled with 30 Oz. five hundred fifty fill power white goose down. The Egyptian white goose down clusters delivers superior loft and a higher degree of comfort. The pillow is slightly firmer than our 700 FP but is still plump, lightweight and fluffy. Lay your sleepy head on a soft cloud, for a perfectly restful sleep.
- ENJOY THE COMFORT WITHOUT THE ALLERGENS OF FEATHERS - With our breathable and hypoallergenic 100% goose down filled pillow, you can enjoy the comfort without the allergens of feathers. Goose down is known to be hypoallergenic and helps people with asthma and allergies sleep better throughout the night.
- LUXURIOUS 100% COTTON OUTER LAYER - Material: 100% Cotton. The high end 400 (TC) thread count with Egyptian cotton pillowcase cover gives you a soft, silky surface. You can easily fit a queen-sized pillow sham or pillow cover over these white goose down bed pillows. Turn your bedroom or guest room into a deluxe sleeping haven.
Premium Fabric: ComfyDown Travel Pillow Review
- 100% EUROPEAN GOOSE DOWN – Luxurious 800 Fill Power is Lightweight, Soft, Hypoallergenic & Odor Free; Incased in Durable 300-Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Cover!
- HIGHLY DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Cool, Breathable, Reversible Pillow Cradles & Contours Without Heat; Retains its Shape & Fullness After Packing & Washing!
- PROVIDES MAXIMUM SUPPORT – Ergonomic Design Features Smooth Down-Proof Seams, Silky Casing & Ideal Firmness; Great for Lumbar, Neck, Body & Back Pain!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Return Within 90 Days for a Full Refund; Get Soothing Relief & Sleep for Airplane, Car, Train, Office Chair, Recliner & Beyond!
No Odor & Crickling: East Coast Bedding Down Pillows Review
- OMG COMFORT – If you’ve been using cheap pillows and looking for an upgrade, or you’ve already wasted $100s if not $1,000s on your quest for the best pillow with no success, look no further. The moment your head sinks into the enveloping luxury of these premium 100% down filled pillows, you won’t want to leave your bed. Read our customer reviews to see for yourself
- PERFECT FOR ALL POSITIONS – These medium density pillows are specially designed to cushion your head and neck with gentle support, making it ideal for back and side sleepers. Also, many face down sleepers appreciate its extra fluffy and cloud like softness. No matter how you sleep, they’ll mold accordingly.
- PAIN FREE ZZZs – Those who suffer from stiff necks and back pain usually have poor quality pillows to blame. Because of the superior quality of our white down pillows, you’ll notice your stiff neck and back pain disappear. Unlike feather pillows, there’s no crunching or crackling sound, and you won't need to worry about feathers poking out.
- PILLOW POWER – Our pillow has a 550-fill power, which makes them extra lofty and fluffy, and its shape will fluff up on its own after use. The shell is 100% cotton with a 300-thread count. Combined with its sterilized down filling, they’re ideal for allergy sufferers. King size is 20” x 36” with 29 oz of fill. Also available in Standard and Queen sizes.
- MONEY-SAVING SET OF 2 – You get TWO top quality down pillows for the price you’d typically pay for one pillow of the same quality. They’re made in the U.S. and RDS Certified (Responsible Down Standard), ensuring that the down did not come from animals who’ve been subjected to unnecessary harm. Trust East Coast Bedding for all your bedding needs. Customers are backed by our 30 Night Comfort Guarantee.
Soft: DOWNLITE Hypoallergenic Soft Down Pillow Review
- Soft Density - Great For Back & Stomach Sleepers (Not good for side sleepers)
- Standard Size 20 x 26 Inches - Very Flat, Lightly Filled Pillow - Really good for stomach sleepers only.
- Hypoallergenic Premium White Down (Not A Feather Pillow)
- Assembled In The USA Of Imported Materials By DOWNLITE
- Sold Individually - This is a Very Soft Beginer Down Pillow - We Make many others with lots of higher TC's, Fill Powers, Densities
Perfect For Neck Pain: Continental Bedding White Goose Down Luxury Pillow Review
- Premium 100% White Goose Down Pillow. [Firm] Queen Size
- Material: 100% Egyptian Cotton. 400 Thread Count.
- Filled with 26 oz. White Goose Down, 550 Fill Power,
- MADE IN THE USA: proudly made right here in the United States & RDS Certified.
- Price includes 1 pillow, Queen size 20-by-30-inch
Great For Back: FineFeather 100% Hungarian White Goose Down Pillow Review
- LUXURY DOWN PILLOW: Provides V.I.P. luxury with the lightest, most comfortable Hungarian goose down fill. This medium density pillow offers a dreamy, high loft experience.
- PREMIUM COTTON: Sleep peacefully every night with the superior softness of our 330 thread count, 100% cotton damask pillow shell.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: Our down feather pillows are filled with 23 ounces of the highest quality, hypoallergenic goose down to enhance sleep comfort and decrease allergy symptoms. Completely fragrance free.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Designed to provide your head and neck with unparalleled, gentle support, ensuring complete relaxation in all sleeping positions.
- STANDARD SIZE: Plush pillows measure 20 x 26 inches, providing the coziness you need for a blissful night’s sleep.
Digitally Calibrated: Queen Anne Goose and Duck Down Blend Pillow Review
- FALL ASLEEP FASTER - STAY ASLEEP LONGER: Our proprietary blend of goose and duck down pillows are famous for their perfect combination of softness AND stability. No more flat pillows. No more wadding and folding, tossing and turning. Just the Royal Sleep you deserve.
- LUXURY HOTEL PILLOWS: There’s a reason the Marriott, New York Palace, Westin, Hilton Hotels and Celebrity Cruise Lines use Queen Anne pillows - it’s the quality and detail we put into every stitch. Our hotel collection pillows are built to last with the most luxurious materials on the planet.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: 650 fill power 100% down. NO crunchy feathers. Velvet soft 330 thread count all-cotton ticking. Durable long-lasting double-stitched thread and shape-extending purple piped edges. Choose soft, medium, or firm fill in the Standard Size 20x26, the Queen Size 20x30, or the King Size 20x36.
- SLEEP STYLE: Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should consider a soft to medium fill pillow. Side sleepers should consider a medium fill pillow. If you need extra support and loft, choose one of our firm fill pillows for sleeping.
- MADE IN AMERICA: We are a family owned business. Rest assured your pillows are american made in the USA with triple washed hypoallergenic and allergy free materials. Our european style pillows could help solve stubborn sleep related neck pain and back pain. They certainly have for our family. So try a Queen Anne Pillow tonight!
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Down Pillows
No doubt, reviews can be pretty helpful while choosing quality pillows. However, they are not always enough to wrap your head about the whole buying process. This quick guide, on the other hand, should offer more than enough information to get you started with the search for a perfect pillow.
What are Down Pillows?
So, what the best down pillow is, exactly? In a nutshell, down is the fuzzy substance between feather and goose/duck skin. Goose and duck down is the most widespread filling material, which is soft, fluffy, and snuggly. Down pillows are soft and adjustable, and even firm density models are easy to fluff.
Some of the most common alternatives for down filling are memory foam, synthetic, and down & feather mix. Synthetic and memory foam pillows are also hypoallergenic, while the mix of down and feather, paradoxically, balances somewhere in between softness and firmness.
Down pillows vs Feather Pillows: What’s the difference?
People tend to confuse down pillows with feather ones. Sure, these two are quite similar — most feather pillows have down-filled, too. There is no such thing as a 100% feather pillow; however, there are 100% down models with zero feathers. All in all, pillows with higher feather percentages are firmer and do not easily get flattened after a night’s sleep. However, feathers are also pointy and they can pierce fabric casing, scratching your neck. This, however, is never the case with 100% down pillows.
Pros and Cons of The Best Down Pillows
- Durable Most down pillows have higher than average durability in comparison to other pillow types. Quality duck and goose down pillows are designed to last for decades.
- Washable Even though a few down pillows will have to be dry-cleaned, most of the models are machine washable — you just have to follow some basic precautions and cleaning will not cause any trouble.
- Adjustable The biggest perk of using down pillows is that even the firm models are soft and easy to adjust. These cuddly pillows adjust to shape of your body, making your nights trouble-free.
- Ensure great support Even despite their softness, best down pillows still ensure proper, stable head and neck support.
- Designed for different sleepers Down pillows come in several density and firmness levels, which is why any person, regardless of the sleeping habits, will find something to one’s liking. Designed for people who enjoy sleeping on their side, on their back, on even on their stomach, down pillows exemplify an individual approach to any shopper.
- Not always hypoallergenic It is possible to find a couple of hypoallergenic down pillows, but the vast majority of them may cause allergies. So, not the best choice for allergy-prone people.
- Require regular fluffing Down pillows get flattened over a night’s sleep, so you will have to re-adjust their shape every night — if you do not want to sleep on a flat pillow, of course.
- Usually expensive It is possible to find a couple of affordable models, but most down pillows are a bit above the budget category. In the long run, their durability will pay for itself, though.
- Not perfect for large people Large guys may lack proper neck support with these pillows — as it was already mentioned, they get flattened under pressure.
- Require deodorizing There is also some potential for smell, so these pillows will have to be regularly cleaned. Ideally, you should do it every 3-5 years.
How To Choose The Best Down Pillows
If have never shopped for pillows before and have zero ideas what you are dealing with, there are two major aspects that can help you define the best type of pillow for your particular needs: how you sleep and how firm you like your pillows.
- On your back – This sleeping position calls for a sturdy neck support to prevent neck pain in the morning.
- On your side – Perhaps, one of the most widespread sleeping positions out there. As a rule, medium-firmness pillows are perfect for side-sleepers.
- On your stomach – Stomach sleepers will appreciate extra soft pillows to plunge their faces in.
Fill power and density
For every sleeping position, there is at least one perfect firmness level to prevent neck and back pain. Quick note: firmness is often confused with fill power, but the truth is quite different. The higher the fill power, the longer the pillow will last. When it comes to density and firmness, it is possible to point out four distinct types of :
- soft: suitable only for stomach sleepers;
- medium: ideal for side-sleepers;
- firm: suitable both for side and back-sleepers; the choice is strictly preferential;
- extra firm: a must for back sleepers, but can accommodate side sleepers as well.
No matter what they say, size is important. There are only four types of pillow sizes on the market:
- Standard Pillow (20″x26″): a small, highly compact piece for side-sleepers who keep one of their arms under the pillow.
- Queen pillow (20“ x 30“): a slightly bigger model for those who occasionally sleep on their back and prefer extra comfort.
- King pillow (20“ x 36“): the biggest and the heaviest of all US sizes, suitable for all sleeping habits.
- Euro Pillow (26X26): a square Euro model, perfect for back and stomach sleepers.
Expensive does not always mean ‘of the highest quality’; on the whole, reviews should be helpful in finding the balance between quality and price. Remember, some brands simply have a strong name, and it always possible to find cheaper pillows of the same quality.
Best down pillows care and maintenance tips
Down pillows are relatively low maintenance, but you still have to take care of certain precautions.
- Dry-cleaning. Probably, the easiest and the quickest way to remove the smell, if any. Since you will have to clean down pillows once in 3-5 years, dry cleaning will not cause any significant damage to your pocket.
- Washing. Some of the down pillows are machine washable, which saves you time and money on dry-cleaning. Make sure to read maintenance instructions before you wash the pillow, though. Always use the most delicate washing mode the machine offers, and use low temperatures. Ideally, wash two pillows at once (this will prevent shell tears) and use little detergent.
- Drying. The keyword here is low heat. Don’t put the pillows next to a power source and fluff them a couple of times a day until they are completely dry. Normally, that should take 3-5 days.
- Quality pillow covers reduce maintenance efforts. Finally, do not forget that sturdy pillowcases are your best friends, protecting the pillows from stains and odors.
Best Down Pillows: the takeaway
By now, you are already a pillow shopping pro! If you take some time to consider all of the tips, mentioned above, the choice of a perfect down pillow will not cause you any trouble. To quickly summarize the major highlights of the article, here’s what you should remember while shopping for down pillows. First, these models come in different firmness levels, and the right choice will depend on your sleeping habits exclusively. Next, fill power and thread count are the major aspect that determines the lifespan of your pillow. The higher they are, the longer the pillow will last. And finally, you can always make use of homemakerguide top-rated models list— that’s pretty much everything you need to know to find a perfect pillow that will bring you the most serene nights and help you get rid of the neck pain once and for all.