- 1 Top 10 Best Drone Cameras: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: #1 Best Seller In Hobby RC Quadcopters & Multirotors - SNAPTAIN S5C WiFi FPV Drone with 720P HD Camera Review
- 1.2 Lightweight & Easy To Use: Amazing Video Quality - DJI Mavic Mini Drone FlyCam Quadcopter Review
- 1.3 Powerful Yet Safe: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter Review
- 1.4 Great Photo/Video Features: DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter with Remote Controller Review
- 1.5 Great For Beginners: DJI Tello Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera and VR Review
- 1.6 Gestures Control: Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone with 1080P HD Camera Review
- 1.7 Headless Mode: Holy Stone F181W WiFi FPV Drone with Wide-Angle HD Camera Review
- 1.8 Steady & Easy To Fly: Potensic T25 Drone with Camera Review
- 1.9 Great Stabilization: SIMREX X11 Drone with 1080P HD Camera Review
- 1.10 For Advanced Users: DJI Phantom 3 Professional Video Camera Drone Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Drone Camera
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Drone Cameras: Comparison Table
Best Overall: #1 Best Seller In Hobby RC Quadcopters & Multirotors - SNAPTAIN S5C WiFi FPV Drone with 720P HD Camera Review
- USER-FRIENDLY SNAPTAIN S5C drone is user-friendly. Simply press one button, it will take off, land or return to your command. Smart voice control, headless mode, and the fascinating 360° Flips & Rolls come handy even for the drone newbies.
- FARTHER & CLEARER The SNAPTAIN S5C provides video transmission within a range of up to 80m. Edit and upload instantly your videos on Social Media by iPhone or a 720p video transmission signal up to a scale of 80m, allowing you to fly farther. Edit HD footage and directly upload it to social media from your iPhone or iPad. The video clips are automatically saved to the Micro SD card.
- POWERFUL & SAFE Protective Propeller Guards to ensure a safe flight. High quality ABS material to free your worries of a sudden shock or drop. Best choice with enough fun for beginners.
- STEADY & TRACKABLE Altitude-Hold function ensures a steady hover in the air at a certain altitude. Great aerial pictures and videos are feasible thanks to this function. Trajectory Flight function is the newest technology that by drawing a flight course on the touch screen on your smartphone, the drone will fly accordingly. Pure fun awaits.
- GRAVITY CONTROL A built-in G-sensor is designed to allow controlling the drone by adjusting the vertical and horizontal position of your smartphone via the Snaptain Era App downloadable on iOS and Android App market.
Lightweight & Easy To Use: Amazing Video Quality - DJI Mavic Mini Drone FlyCam Quadcopter Review
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Weighing less than 0.55lbs / 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, Ultra-smooth footage
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- DJI Fly App requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9 , S8+, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note9, Note8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6
Powerful Yet Safe: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter Review
- Equipped with a Hasselblad L1D-20c camera with a 20MP 1” CMOS Sensor, the Mavic 2 camera drone lets you capture gorgeous aerial shots in stunning color detail.
- Up to 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph max speed, 907G takeoff weight, 3-axis gimbal for steady shots, 8GB internal storage, SD card Support up to 128 GB
- Functions include ActiveTrack 2. 0, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, Hyperlapse, Low-Noise Design, Adjustable Aperture, HDR Photos
- The standard remote controller offers up to 135 minutes of battery life on a full charge. Use with the DJI GO 4 App on your smartphone.
- DJI GO 4 App requires iOS 10.0.2, Android 5.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, iPad Pro, iPad, Air 2, mini 4. Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20 Pro, P20, P10 Plus, P10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9, Mate 8, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Vivo X20, X9, NEX, X27, X21, X20A, Oppo Find X, R15, R11, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, 2, 8, 6, Redmi Note 5, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, 5T.
Great Photo/Video Features: DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter with Remote Controller Review
- 32.0MP sphere panoramas - In addition to horizontal, vertical, and 180° panoramas, Mavic Air stitches 25 photos together in just eight seconds to create crystal clear 32.0MP sphere panoramas.
- Lightweight and compact foldable design - You can take it anywhere with you.
- Supports 4K video at 30 fps - The 12.0MP camera with Adobe DNG RAW support is ready to shoot. The three-axis gimbal is capable of stabilizing the camera even during high-speed motion for smooth video and sharp photos.
- Control your drone from up to 6562' away - The Mavic Air Intelligent Flight lithium battery provides up to 21 minutes of flight time per charge.
- Dedicated remote controller- Features a foldable, low-profile, ergonomic design to hold your smartphone for maximum convenience. The detachable control sticks store inside the remote controller to pack more comfortably on the go.
Great For Beginners: DJI Tello Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera and VR Review
- Sold by DJI Authorized Dealer, Tello Boost Combo with VanCityUAV Cleaning Kit
- Little drone for kids and adults that’s a blast to fly and helps users learn about drones with coding education.
- VR headset compatibility fly with a breathtaking first-person view.
- Tello has two antennas that make video transmission extra stable and a high-capacity battery that offers impressively long flight times.
- Equipped with a high-quality image processor, Tello shoots incredible photos and videos. Even if you don’t know how to fly, you can record pro-level videos with EZ Shots and share them on social media from your smartphone.
Gestures Control: Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone with 1080P HD Camera Review
- 1080P FOV 120° HD FPV CAMERA: You can capture memorable moments with distortion-free and view images on your phone from the wide-angel lens. The app enables you to expand your creativity further and share it on social media with ease.
- ALTITUDE HOLD: When you focus on shooting images, you may set your hands off the joystick and the drone still suspend in mid-air with locked altitude. A perfect drone for beginners, kids, starters, or newbies to have a easy and stable flight experience.
- HEADLESS MODE: The pilot will feel easier to control, especially when the drone is out of sight, under headless mode while the orientation of the drone is in relation to the pilot. The drone are also equipped with 3D flips to make your day.
- MOBILE CONTROL: Through the APP, multiple functions, Voice Control, Gestures Control, Trajectory Flight and Gravity Sensor Control can be activated. Instruct the camera to take photos by gestures of Scissor and videos by Paper.
- 2 MODULAR BATTERIES: The 3.7V 1000mAh high capacity battery can support a 20 Minutes flight which makes it easy to replace battery and safe to charge battery.
Headless Mode: Holy Stone F181W WiFi FPV Drone with Wide-Angle HD Camera Review
- 1080P 120° FOV HD Wifi CAMERA: Equipped with the newest adjustable 1080P 120° Wide-angle HD Wifi Camera, which allows you to take high-res pictures & video during flight. You may control the camera by Gestures (Paper--Video & Scissor--Photo).
- FPV REAL-TIME TRANSMITTION: With the built-in WiFi module, you can see exactly what your camera sees with a live video on your mobile device by installing the APP. You can also use Voice Control and Trajectory Flight when the App is on.
- AUTOMATIC ALTITUDE HOLD: Powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows you to release the throttle stick and the drone will keep hovering at the current height. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- EASY SAFE AND FUN TO PLAY FOR BEGINNERS: Built-in the latest 6-axis flight control systems offer strong stability, easily implement various flight movements, stronger wind resistance; Headless mode eliminates need to adjust aircraft position before flight & improves learning curve.
- DOUBLE FLIGHT TIME: Includes 2 strong powerful 3.7V 750 mAh LiPo batteries to extend the fun to 20 Minutes! FAA Registration NOT Required.
Steady & Easy To Fly: Potensic T25 Drone with Camera Review
- [Convenient and Easy]: With a Aluminum Silver Carry Case, you could bring it outdoor conveniently. Headless Mode, Altitude Mode and One Key to Take-off / Land function make easier access to kids or beginners.
- [Wider Vision & Fluent Transmission]: 1080P HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. WiFi camera provide you faster but clearer image transmission.
- [Safer & More Stable Flight]: Equipped with Dual GPS, drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home when it is with low power or weak signal or lost.
- [Smart & Fun]: Follow Me Mode & Dual GPS free your hands, while Potensic drone automatically follow you, simultaneously capturing all the videos & photos. Beside, T25 drone will fly as you want once Customize Flight Path function activated.
- [Farther & Broader]: 2*Modular battery 1000 mAh and up to 300m control range enable you to go farther and see broader.
Great Stabilization: SIMREX X11 Drone with 1080P HD Camera Review
- Ultra-Long Flying Time: Capacity of the battery is up to 3150mAh, which provides about 22 minutes ultra-long flight time. And it can reach up to 500m control distance giving you a more extensive flight experience.
- 1080P HD 108°FOV Adjustable FPV Camera: Captures high-quality video and aerial photos for the memorable moments. See the world through the eyes of a bird on your phone.
- Headless Mode: Orientation of the drone is in relation to the operation, when eyes can't identify the orientation of the drone, the Headless Mode can help to control easier and prevent from losing the direction.
- Drone with GPS Location & Auto Return Assisted Flight：Provides you with accurate positioning details of your drone.When your drone is Runaway or in Low Power, the drone can auto-return. Never worrying about losing the drone.
- Easy to fly: With functions like One Key Take off/Land/Return, Altitude Hold Mode, Headless Mode, and High/Low Speeds Switch and Trajectory Flight. Best choice with enough fun for beginners.
For Advanced Users: DJI Phantom 3 Professional Video Camera Drone Review
- 4k UHD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal; Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal microSD card)
- Included flight battery and rechargable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box. Flying this product is restricted within 15 miles radius of the White House.
- DJI Pilot app for iOS and Android allows live viewing and complete camera control (phone/tablet sold separately; see DJI's website for compatible models)
- Kindly refer all the Tutorial Videos given in the Image Section on the Catalog before use for the proper training.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Drone Camera
How to choose the best drone camera
If you’re beginning to learn how to fly a drone, then you’ll need to know a few things before you purchase one. First, you should check out the reviews. Mainly, it would help if you considered the price range. It’s better to go with cheap devices with a camera because you’ll be able to find out how they operate in general.
There’s no point in buying the latest camera technology if you’re going to end up damaging it. Moreover, the costs of repairing aren’t worth the price. So, save yourself from that position and purchase a low grade or beginner model.
The most crucial factor is to see the battery time and flight time. Imagine having fun flying, but having to stop because you need to charge it. They don’t load quickly, so you’ll have to stay for the day. Also, when shopping, the company will list how long the battery lasts. You should consider one that works with what you’re going to do. If you’re filming scenery, then you may want a device with a more extended battery. If you’re flying one around for fun, a lower battery may be okay.
Return Home Button
The last feature isn’t required, but it’s one of the most useful features if you happen to fly in wide open areas. This feature allows you to press a button on your controller, and it automatically flies back to your location. Isn’t that amazing? When trying to buy a tool for sale, expensive one will have better return features and will also automatically avoid any obstacles it may come by. If your device doesn’t have a GPS attached to it, then it will go back until it finds your location.
Gimbal is a feature that is attached to the camera to help keep your footage from looking blurry or shaky. Thus, if you’re devising to get a drone to take professional pictures or videos, then you should get this function on your device. Your toy often changes directions and will tilt to avoid obstacles. A gimbal can help keep your footage nice and smooth and also prevent it from looking like a cheap action movie. When you buy a model with a camera, it’s essential to look for a stable Gimbal.
Headless mode is a feature that will make it easier to learn how to pilot a device. This is very good for beginners, as you’ll have more control over the tool and fewer risks of accidentally crashing it. This device don’t have a shape similar to planes, so it’s tough to learn how to follow the controls and fly. There’s no defined nose or tail; thus, when you go to move in a specific direction, you may operate it in the opposite accidentally.
If you are looking for the best quadcopter, you may notice the front and the back of it are entirely similar. Unless you’ve had prior experience with flying items, you’re going to get mixed up eventually. When you have the headless mode feature on, no matter where you go, the head will always point in one direction. This makes it easier for you to determine which direction you’re flying in.
Best Drone Camera Types
Toybox drones are what you could call the beginner’s version. They often have minimal features and focus on helping the pilot learn how to maneuver the device. They are excellent because they often are the best cheap variants and have a few exciting features that can keep you entertained.
Hobby drones are more for enthusiasts who enjoy piloting and doing tricks. You’ll find that these models are built to be heavy duty, bulky, and crash resistant. They often can take hits, so even if you’re a beginner, you’ll find that you can still learn. They often lack a camera or any other features.
Lastly, a professional model is one where the pilot uses it to capture videos and photos in HD. They are designed for streaming and also come with many amazing features that allow you to take breathtaking videos easily. The no-hands control options are useful when you’re exploring the city or wilderness, and they often have a very long fly range to take those spectacular sky photos. You’ll also find on the market products with live feed.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Drones can be a fun and exciting way to capture breathtaking photos and share them with your friends and family. You’ll enjoy them if you want to pilot like to fly around and do tricks, but you’ll also enjoy other aspects. It’s fun to let your friends control the device, and with the application connectivity, it’s never been easier.
The best choice would have to be the one that includes a decent range, has controls to help you pilot easier, and features extended battery usage. It’s no fun if you’re flying your drone around only to find out you can only do it for 20 minutes. It will have up to an hour of usage, and you can find the equipment, which features faster charging times. You’ll also enjoy seeing top rated products, not just hobby devices.
So, which one should you buy? If we at homemakerguide had to choose the best model, we’d pick the SNAPTAIN S5C WiFi FPV Drone with 720P HD Camera. It features an excellent mix of all the features you’d want, and the HD camera can be used to take some interesting photos. While also recommend it for beginners, it has the most attractive price.