- 1 TOP 8 best embroidery machine: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Award winning moder - Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review
- 1.2 User-friendly: Easiest To Use - Brother Embroidery Machine with 80 Built-In Designs Review
- 1.3 Multi-language Monogram: Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine with Color Touch LCD Display Review
- 1.4 Character-themed: Brother LB5000S Star Wars Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review
- 1.5 Programmable Needle: SINGER ONE Vintage-Style Computerized Sewing Machine with 24 Built-in Stitches Review
- 1.6 Silent Operation: Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine with 4'x4' Embroidery Area Review
- 1.7 Great Price: SINGER Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 98 Builtin Stitches Review
- 1.8 Fully Automated: SINGER Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best embroidery machine
- 2.1 What is the difference between a quilting machine and an embroidery machine?
- 2.2 How to use an embroidery machine?
- 2.3 Can you do regular sewing on an embroidery machine?
- 2.4 How to Choose the best embroidery machine
- 2.5 Best embroidery machine types
- 3 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
TOP 8 best embroidery machine: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Award winning moder - Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review
With its 5”x7” embroidery field, you can use this to create several large designs. There are 138 designs and 7 font styles that come pre-loaded in the machine. You can also explore from the 240-stitch designs collection for ornate detailing. From thread colors to the other finer details, you can easily tune them all with the legible display. Automatic needle threading brings down the efforts essential for frequent thread color changes. The accessories collection includes different types of feet for creating buttonholes, zippers, and other sections in the garments.
This is the best embroidery machine for beginners who like to create a variety of stitches and designs.
Why We Like It
- The touchscreen allows convenient mode changes
- You can import designs through its USB port
- Drop-feed feature allows free-motion sewing
- LED work light adds to the convenience of using the machine
User-friendly: Easiest To Use - Brother Embroidery Machine with 80 Built-In Designs Review
For simple home users, this embroidery sewing machine does an excellent job of delivering a variety of designs. There are 80 designs that you can choose from, and you can always add more with the USB port present. The 4”x4” sized field is enough for most small projects. As it works fast, you can easily cover the whole area in small sections. From embroidering clothes to bags and other accessories, this one also makes it possible to create free-standing laces.
With clear controls and useful features, this makes the best embroidery machine for beginners.
Why We Like It
- 9 font styles include both English and Japanese letters
- The color touch display is one of the most substantial aspects of this price points
- Lettering is fully customizable in terms of spacing and other features
- Delivers a consistently neat finish with all designs
Multi-language Monogram: Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine with Color Touch LCD Display Review
Like the first one on our list from Brother, this one too features a 5”x7” field. The bright LED light helps maximum utilization of this area. You can choose from the default 138 designs or purchase more from the brand’s design store. For monogramming, there are 7 English fonts, 3 Japanese and 1 Cyrillic. Florals and quilt patterns are also easy to create with this model. Like the other models in this range, needle threading happens automatically even when you have multiple color threads to handle.
If you need a machine as powerful as SE1900 but at a relatively lower price and with a host of easy features, then this one makes a great alternative.
Why We Like It
- Clarity of touch screen pops up in all lighting conditions
- You can add several new fonts and designs effortlessly
- Solid construction can help improve the confidence of using it as a newbie
- Compact size fits in small workspaces
Character-themed: Brother LB5000S Star Wars Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review
The 80 designs included there are 10 Star Wars styles as well. After all, these machines are predominantly for customizing your clothes and adding your favorite designs. This computerized embroidery machine carries 103 stitch configurations as well. It is one of the fastest machines out there, and it can significantly bring down the time when you have several pieces to create. This is the best programmable embroidery machine with plenty of other features. The large loop takes care of the fast completion of large-sized designs.
For all commonly used fabrics, including denim, it can take care of quilting, patchwork, and more.
- You can easily alter the position of faceplates
- The USB port helps import designs
- Both English and Japanese fonts are present for monogramming
- Automatic needle threading works at the touch of a lever
- Struggles a bit with heavy fabrics
Programmable Needle: SINGER ONE Vintage-Style Computerized Sewing Machine with 24 Built-in Stitches Review
When it comes to full control of the stitch designs and dimensions, this is one of the best picks. It comes with straightforward controls to alter all these parameters. There are 24 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, buttonhole and decorative. From zippers to buttonholes, this machine allows stitching and decorating from scratch. From automatic reverse to tie-off, it allows simplification of a variety of tasks in completing every project.
If you need a machine that can handle some basic embroidery patterns, this SINGER variant does the job.
- Works quietly even when handling heavy fabric
- Several functional and aesthetic accessories come in the box
- Top-load bobbin comes for ease of handling
- Foot pedal design is a bit short
- Not the best choices when it comes to monogramming
Silent Operation: Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine with 4'x4' Embroidery Area Review
This is another Brother machine that allows creating a whole garment from nothing. For all the little elements, you can change the feet and make use of the customizable modes. As an addon, there is a convertible arm that takes care of tricky areas like sleeves and cuffs. You can pick from the 103 stitch designs in the memory or monogram with the 6 letter fonts available. For all home use projects, there is a conveniently sized 4”x4” work area.
Do you need a resilient machine that does a majority of designs with great stitch quality? Then this model can be the best embroidery machine for home business.
- Comes with 7 sewing feet for customizing stitching types
- The USB port allows adding designs to the existing collection
- Brightwork light is a beneficial addition
- Bobbin mechanism features a jam-resistant design
- Not everyone feels comfortable handling horizontal threads on this
- Speed might be a concern if you are doing a large project
Great Price: SINGER Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 98 Builtin Stitches Review
Whether you use it for quilting or embroidery, the smooth movement is one that you might notice at first. Without unnecessary tension on the thread, this one delivers professionally done finishes. Drop and sew system for bobbin works well along with automatic needle threading for quicker operation. Besides decorative stitches, this machine is also good at quilting. It comes with an extension cable that can complement this function along with the 4 quilting feet. It, therefore, makes an all-purpose sewing machine.
For the price point, it does pack a load of efficient features that anyone would benefit from.
- Provides consistent stitches without skips
- The durable metal frame extends the life
- Comes with additional utilitarian features like stitch locking for completion
- Twin needle controls allow full alteration of stitch length
- Doesn’t include clear instructions to utilize all the features fully
- Setting thread tension is not a feature that beginners can get a hold of
Fully Automated: SINGER Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode Review
Starting with the basics, the needle threader is easy to use, and the clear bobbin top makes sure that you make timely changes. Loading is also easy with the top drop design. There is a huge collection of 600 stitches, of which 13 different styles are present for buttonholes alone. Therefore it is a machine that can help you become a pro in a few simple steps. With the extension table, you get this one makes the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery.
For those who need something fast and efficient, this automatic embroidery machine is a great pick.
- The clear color display comes with good visibility
- Decorative stitches catalog that comes with this is pretty huge
- Switching between stitch types and altering the parameters are all easy
- Quality of stitches appears consistent
- Walking foot is not compatible with the quilting table
- Removing and fitting the bobbin feels tricky at times
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best embroidery machine
Before we get to the features you should consider from this embroidery machine 2020 list, here are a few things to know.
What is the difference between a quilting machine and an embroidery machine?
With a quilting machine, you handle heavy fabric. This calls for stronger needles and a larger workspace. With a personal embroidery machine, you might find a smaller workspace to make decorative stitches. If you would like to save money, in the long run, you can always pick the best sewing and embroidery machine with quilting table.
How to use an embroidery machine?
The digital embroidery machine comes with programmable features. You can pick the design, choose your favorite colors, and watch the home embroidery machine do its magic. Many come with touch screen displays to show live action of how the design develops.
Can you do regular sewing on an embroidery machine?
You can always buy a sewing machine with embroidery mode. The reverse is possible in many cases. There are many options, even in our list, for machines that handle both sewing and decorative stitches.
How to Choose the best embroidery machine
You can make this decision based on the workspace you have at home. A professional embroidery machine might be larger than a small embroidery machine for home.
Picking a lightweight model allows the convenience of moving it and using it wherever comfortable.
Maximum embroidery area
Small patch embroidery machines to those that come with a large field are all available.
SPM – maximum speed
This determines the time taken to complete a design.
Thread tension setting
Whether you choose quilting embroidery machine or a basic one, having a thread tension setting is a plus. It helps prevent wrinkling of the fabric while creating intricate designs.
Some come with color displays and others with a black and white display. Visibility in different light conditions is one thing to look into.
Custom embroidery machine options, most of them, come with preloaded designs in the built-in memory. There is also the option to add more designs to the memory from a USB drive.
Stitch selector type
Some come with a rotating knob and others with convenient buttons. You can use them to navigate between and choose the desired type of stitch.
USB embroidery machine allows the import of more designs besides the default collection.
You can find a lot of feature-rich models from $300 all the way up to $1000 or more. If you choose something for professional use or say a leather embroidery machine, you might be spending slightly higher.
Best embroidery machine types
Combined Sewing/Embroidery Machine
As the name indicates, you can handle both conventional stitches and embroidery on this one. Therefore there are multiple designs available for buttonhole and other elements as well.
Relatively slower, these are less expensive. It is suitable for most lightweight fabrics.
When you pick a multi-needle machine like a 6 needle embroidery machine, you can benefit from the higher SPM. This might be a rigid choice for heavy fabric and even leather.
This is the best choice for those looking to exercise their creativity. It allows the creation of free-hand designs.
In this, most of the controls are available in the computerized unit. You can program needle settings, stitch types, designs, and others in a few simple clicks.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
After careful consideration of all the features, we have arrived at our favorite from this list. We have picked an all-rounder that gives you the best value for the money you spend. Brother Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine is the go-to machine that we recommend for beginners and pros. Its consistency is something we love, and then comes the quality of stitches. Finally, this one is fully customizable and easy to set up as well. Several such features together make this product our favorite recommendation for the best embroidery machine 2020. If you only handle decorative stitches rarely, there are other affordable choices as well. For more reviews on home appliances check out the HomeMakerGuide website.