Top 5 Best Gaming Laptops under $600: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: HP Review
- AMD Dual Core Ryzen 3 3200U Processor (2.6GHz, up to 3.5GHz, 4MB cache, 2 cores)
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM, 256GB Solid Sata Drive, AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD SVA BrightView micro-edge Touchscreen (1366 x 768)
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, HDMI, RJ-45
Powerful Processing: Acer Review
- 10th Generation Intel Core i3-1005G1 Processor (Up to 3.4GHz) | 4GB DDR4 On-Board Memory | 128GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit TN Display | Intel UHD Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- With Windows 10 in S mode, you’ll experience fast start-ups, a familiar yet expanded Start menu, and great new ways to get stuff done.
Extra Quality: ASUS Review
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
Long-lasting Performance: Lenovo Review
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and less clutter
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2x2 Wi-Fi 5, three USB ports, and HDMI
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter for your webcam. You'll enjoy privacy right at your fingertips
Highly Recommend: Dell Review
- Processor: Intel Core 6th Generation i5-6300U High Performance Processor (Dual Core, up to 3.00 GHz, 3M Cache, 15W)
- 8 GB DDR4 Ram / 256 GB Opal Encrypted Solid State Drive (SSD).
- 14.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare Screen, Intel HD 520 Graphics, HQ Camera, Intel Dual Band Wireless 8260 (802.11ac) W/ Bluetooth, HDMI, VGA, SC Card Reader, SD Card Reader, 3 x USB 3.0, RJ-45.
- Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit). Comes With AC Adapter.
Tips for Buying the Best Gaming Laptop Under 600
We will share some basic tips for buying a gaming laptop with you.
Best Brands to Choose When Buying a Gaming Laptop
- HP: If you want a classy gaming laptop, HP would be a good brand to choose from. You will love the Omen Command Center app, which shows information about CPU and GPU usage. It also shows RAM utilization and allows you to optimize bandwidth.
- Asus: ASUS designs slick laptops, especially in the ROG series. You can check the RAM, temperature, and hard drive usage through the ROG Gaming Center software. If the laptop features RGB backlighting, you can use the Aura Core program to customize it.
- Acer: If you’re looking for an inexpensive gaming laptop that delivers smoothly, Acer should be the brand to choose from. The company offers durable hardware, and they design the keyboard and display specifically for gamers. Also, you can oversee CPU and GPU usage and adjust fan speed through the PredatorSense app.
- Lenovo: For a cheap gaming laptop under 600 that can handle gaming software, you will not find a reason to complain about Lenovo gaming laptops. The brand also designs 2-in-1 laptops, so you can do much more.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Gaming Laptop Under 600
Finding a good 600 dollar gaming laptop takes some research. You can improve your selection criteria by looking at these factors.
This is the heart of a gaming laptop. It affects all visual displays. A laptop built with a dedicated graphics card is a good choice as you’re assured smooth visual performance. This is important to prevent laggy performance when playing games with a high refresh rate and heavy software. Although you can find an affordable gaming monitor, it’s always a plus if you can find a laptop loaded with all the features you need.
Another factor to consider when shopping for a $600 gaming laptop is the Central Processing Unit (CPU), which serves as the laptop’s brain. A machine packed with the latest processor and a strong core will offer impressive speed. For a gaming laptop under $600, a processor like the Intel Core i5-8200 U will give speeds of up to 3.40 GHz, which would be ideal for gaming. Any machine that offers processing power lower than that could struggle.
RAM memory is another aspect of gaming that should inform your purchasing decision. It handles the real-time working of a computer and stores data temporarily. If the laptop is equipped with a big RAM, it will handle real-time multitasking smoothly. You will avoid glitches and freezes when playing games if the RAM is a good size. A good size RAM for a cheap gaming laptop under 600 should range from 8 to 12 GB DDR4. Lower than that, you could experience glitches when playing some games.
Good storage will improve your gaming experience and allow you to perform casual computing fast. You should prefer SSD to HDD because SSD offers a higher speed of reading and writing and also doubles as an HDD. To find the best 600 dollar gaming laptop, consider at least 256 GB SSD storage. You could also go for dual storage, with SSD+HDD. This gives you storage and SSD for booting.
Screen Size and Resolution
Screen size does matter if you value a good gaming experience. Most gaming laptop under 600 reviews talk about at least 15.5 inches screen featuring a backlit display and a 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Sound plays a crucial part in gaming. It adds character and connects you to the gaming process. On a budget laptop, you should look for a machine with good quality audio. To ensure perfect audio, you can add some gaming headphones to understand elements during gameplay better.
When you play high-end games, your laptop can overheat. Proper cooling is essential to guarantee heat dissipation for smooth gaming. Some brands only focus on adding great processors, RAM, and graphics options but forget about a cooling mechanism. A genuine gaming laptop should have a dedicated cooling system.
While ports are not as important as GPU or CPU, they still help you customize your gaming setup. Most laptops offer USB 3.0 and HDMI ports for video. However, nowadays, you can find laptops with USB Type-C, graphics ports, M.2, and Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Because they run heavy software, gaming laptops require a good battery. The average battery life should range from 5 to 7 hours to ensure continuous gaming even when you’re not connected to a power source. A laptop with a battery life lower than 4 hours could drain quickly when you play power-intensive games.
Besides the factors discussed above, you could also add a few more considerations to find the perfect laptop. Things such as portability and the keyboard or touchpad could help you enjoy a better experience. A full-size keyboard is ideal. Also, check that the touchpad is responsive and accurate and does not have a jumpy cursor.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
When you’re searching for a budget gaming laptop, understand no brand ticks all boxes. However, you can maximize your experience by narrowing down to most of the performance considerations discussed. A slim model with a good CPU and GPU paired with decent SSD/HDD storage and a big RAM will guarantee smooth gaming. Use these considerations to find the best gaming laptop under 600 in 2020.
- 1 Top 5 Best Gaming Laptops under $600: Comparison Chart
- 2 Tips for Buying the Best Gaming Laptop Under 600
- 3 Verdict and Our Recommendation