- 1 Top 10 Best Gaming Projectors: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Best Input Lag - BenQ 1080p Short Throw Projector Review
- 1.2 Great Picture & Audio: Pro Performance - BenQ Gaming Projector Review
- 1.3 Deep Black Levels: Optoma Ultra Short Throw Gaming and Movie Projector Review
- 1.4 Top Portability: WOWOTO Mini Projector Review
- 1.5 Most Affordable: QKK Potable Mini Projector with Tripod Review
- 1.6 Easy To Set: Optoma Short Throw Gaming Projector Review
- 1.7 Great Versatility: ViewSonic Low Input Lag Projector for Gaming Review
- 1.8 For Outdoor Game Nights: Optoma High Performance Projector for Movies & Gaming Review
- 1.9 For 3D Gaming: Optoma 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector Review
- 1.10 Heavy-duty: Optoma 4K HDR Ready Home Theater Projector for Gaming and Movies Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Gaming Projectors
- 3 Verdict And our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Gaming Projectors: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Best Input Lag - BenQ 1080p Short Throw Projector Review
- UNPARALLELED PICTURE QUALITY: With Native Full HD 1080p Resolution, 92% Rec. 709 Color Accuracy, 3000 Lumens and high native contrast ratio for the ultimate immersive cinematic and gaming experience.
- GEARED TOWARDS GAMING: Ultra-fast low input lag and a refresh rate that matches the max output of Xbox One X & PS4 Pro ensure ultra-smooth gaming experiences without motion blur to keep you on the top of your game.
- WOW YOUR FRIENDS: Take the action to the big screen by projecting a 100 inch screen from just 5 feet away. Projects up to 300 inches.
- AWARD WINNING PROJECTOR: Best Projector for Gaming - High Ground Gaming 2019
- INDUSTRY-LEADING : 3-year limited parts and labor coverage makes you rest easy that our US-based customer service team is here when you need it.
Great Picture & Audio: Pro Performance - BenQ Gaming Projector Review
- AUDIO W/EQUALIZER: integrated 5 watt speaker by treVolo, with an equalizer, for excellence in audio.
- 1080p 4K HDR READY: 3500 ANSI lumen brightness; 1080p HDR-enabled w/4K compatibility; 100-inch images from 8.2 feet (2.5m) away; stunning color 95% Rec. 709.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Incredible 3 year warranty (not offered by most brands) and 15,000 hour lamp life .
- GEARED FOR GAMING: Low latency [email protected]/120Hz low input lag, Game Mode/Game Sound Mode fine-tune audio and images, LumiExpert defeats eye strain during extended play.
- PRO PERFORMANCE: compatible with major video game consoles (Sony PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One X, Google stadia), TH685 gaming projector takes big screen TV gaming to a new level with huge, bright, sharp images and equalized audio.
Deep Black Levels: Optoma Ultra Short Throw Gaming and Movie Projector Review
- ULTRA-SHORT THROW: Experience a large 100" diagonal image projected from only inches away with an ultra-short throw lens; ultra short throw projectors allow placement close to the screen or wall providing easy cable management and an unobstructed projected image from foot traffic or objects
- INCREDIBLE PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy bright, razor-sharp images with 3, 600 lumens, 20, 000: 1 contrast ratio, and 1080p resolution
- EASY IMAGE SET-UP: The auto keystone sensors and four-corner correction ensure a sharp, detailed image for quick, trouble-free set-up; when the projector or table is bumped, the image will refocus instantly
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Enjoy up to 15, 000 hours of lamp life enabling an average of 4 hours of viewing time every day 10+ years
- FULL 3D: The GT5600 displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 144Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images; 3D glasses required
Top Portability: WOWOTO Mini Projector Review
- 【4000 Lumens&HD 4K Video】Updated Android system,4000 Lumen mini projector,support HD 4K,1080p with native resolution 854*480P, clear and bright to view the screen in day and dark environment.Contrast 3000:1 with DMD 0.2" DLP technology instead of traditional LCD,make the video more colorful,detailed and delicate.
- 【200"Home Theater 3D Experience】Maximum 200” big screen within 0.5-3m distance brings you broad view. Build-in 3w*1 quality stereo speakers,you can watch 3D movies or playing games directly or through blue-ray disc,3D SBS,3D TNB at home, no need to go to the theater anymore!
- 【±40 Auto Keystone°& 4 direction corrections】Through horizontal/vertical (±40°) keystone correction and 4 direction corrections support,you can adjust the display freely without moving the projector.
- 【Portable& Durable&Led Light Harmless】 Size in 5.5*4.1*3.8 inches,the 3D projector is portable to carry everywhere.Build in 10400mA rechargeable battery, it can last longer when watch movie.Use the diffuse reflection principle, the LED light do no harm to the eyes even in long-time watching. 30000 hours led lifetime make it durable to regular use for more than 5 years.
- 【Compatible&Multifunctional]With the upgrate projector program,compatible with HDMI of 1.2&2.0 SD, USB,1+16G storage store rich resources.Equipped with 2. 4G/5G double-band Wi-Fi,enjoy more stable signal and faster network speed,Run streaming and media apps like YouTube,Netflix via a ROKU Dongle,Fire Stick Chromecast flawlessly.Steam music,photos videos from your phone,tablet,PC to your projector through Ushare or Airplay mirroring. Multifunctional for home entertainment,business and education.
Most Affordable: QKK Potable Mini Projector with Tripod Review
- Full HD 2019 Latest Upgraded Projector 1080P Supported - Our QKK 2019 Latest Upgraded Mini Projector is gread designed for indoor and out door movies in dark. You will surely enjoy your happiness movie night with your family easily. [Not Recommended For PPT Presentation!]
- Highest Native Resolutions on The Market: QKK home theater projector supports 1920*1080 resolution with 50,000 hours long term lamp life, 2000:1 contrast ratio, 16::9 aspect ratio, 32-176” big screen display at the distance of 1.5M-5M. (Ideal distance is 3.5M with 120” display.)
- Double USB Port Designed Projector - Cocerned about many customers need to use 2 USB flash drives at the same time, QKK mini projector technical team worked hardly and successfully added another usb port on the projector (The only mini projector which has this feature on the market). By doing this, you can use two USB thumb drives at the same time.
- Multimedia Home Theater Mini Projector - QKK full hd projector also has HDMI, AV, VGA, SD Card port, which allows you to use it with Laptop, PCs, TV Box, TV Stick, ChromeBook, Tablets, Blue-ray DVD player, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, Media players (Music, Pictures, Video), Smartphones ( Wireless HDMI Dongle not included).
- PROJECTOR TRIPOD INCLUDED: QKK Movie Projector not only works with your home entertainment devices like tv stick, video games, dvd player, but also can connect with smartphones by using a HDMI adapter. [Adapter is not included in the package] QKK Mini Projector also comes with an universal tripod in the package to meet our customer's needs.
Easy To Set: Optoma Short Throw Gaming Projector Review
- HDR COMPATIBLE: HDR10 technology (with 4K input) enable brighter whites and deeper black levels; a 6-segment color wheel (RYGCWB) produces accurate color with sRGB & REC. 709 color profile
- Fast response time: enhanced gaming mode enables Lightning-fast response time of 8. 4ms with a 120Hz refresh rate
- Short throw lens: experience a large 120" Image projected from 4 feet away, allowing placement closer to the screen – ideal for smaller spaces and easier installation
- Bright, razor-sharp images: 3, 800 Lumens, 50, 000: 1 contrast ratio, and full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Enable a detailed, clear image
- Long lamp life: Enjoy up to 15, 000 hours of lamp life enabling an average of 4 hours of viewing time every day 10+ years. Projection distance - 1. 3’ – 11. 3’
Great Versatility: ViewSonic Low Input Lag Projector for Gaming Review
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like colors in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches in 3500 lumens
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive SuperColor technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- LONG LAMP LIFE: SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage, 1-year of lamp coverage, and access to our US-based customer service team
For Outdoor Game Nights: Optoma High Performance Projector for Movies & Gaming Review
- CINEMATIC PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy crisp, high-definition images with a native 1080p (1920×1080) resolution and an RYGCWB color wheel for home cinema color calibration.
- PERFECT IMAGE ALIGNMENT: With the latest technology from Texas Instruments, the DLP DMD single-chip design ensures perfect image alignment combined with high-brightness for an incredible picture
- LIGHTS-ON VIEWING: Enjoy an incredible 3, 600 of brightness in any room in your home; leave the lights on or keep it dim for a cinematic experience
- FAST RESPONSE TIME: Enhanced Gaming Mode enables lightning-fast response time; Game Display Mode boosts shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of impending obstacles
- HDMI-CEC FOR SIMPLE ON/OFF: HDMI-CEC technology enables control of the projector and connected devices using a single remote, all via the HDMI connection with the projectors HDMI-Link feature
For 3D Gaming: Optoma 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector Review
- Screen Size Range: 111-inches from 4 feet; 166-inches from 6 feet
- 2800 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 25,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes, Lens Shift: No
- 1-Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90-Days on Lamp
- 2 x HDMI (1.4a 3D support) + MHL v1.2, Audio Out 3.5mm, 12V trigger, 3D-Sync, USB service
Heavy-duty: Optoma 4K HDR Ready Home Theater Projector for Gaming and Movies Review
- LAG-FREE GAMING: Experience lightning-fast 1080p input response times of 16ms at 60Hz and 8.4ms at 120Hz when connected to the latest gaming consoles and High Performance PCs
- SUPER-BRIGHT: Enjoy an incredible 3,400 lumens of brightness in any room in your home theater or living room, or in your backyard for outdoor movie nights
- 1080p HDR AND 4K HDR support: HDR10 technology with DCI-P3 wide color gamut support displays everything in the REC.2020 colors; also providing brighter whites, deeper blacks, and greater color depth
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Enjoy up to 15,000 hours of lamp life provides an average of 4 hours of viewing time for 10+ years
- 4K INPUT AND DETAILED IMAGES: 1080p (1920×1080) resolution renders sharp and detailed images from high definition content without downscaling or compression
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Gaming Projectors
How to choose best gaming projector
Since you are looking to get the best experience gaming, you definitely need to get a projector with the best resolution. The best resolution means that you never have to worry that your images might not be clear. It is the reason you see many people taking their time to find the best models with the right resolution.
Depending on the model, you can get some having a resolution of up to 4K, with some having 720p. Gaming, make sure to get a model with 720p or higher.
The brightness of the best projector is always important for you to have brighter images. You need to consider the lumens you get with the model. In most cases, some will start with 1000 lumens going up to around 3000 lumens. They should be enough to help you with gaming. It is always good to keep the budget flexible so as to acquire a model that can deliver on good image brightness also.
To get the optimum results while gaming, you need to get a model with the best contrast ratio. It is therefore important to consider getting yourself the best gaming projector with the right contrast ratio. Having a higher contrast ratio means that you end up with a brighter image.
For a start a minimum contrast ratio of 5000:1 is considered something good. The higher you go, the better it becomes.
There is also the need to look at the input lag. The input lag is simply the amount of time taken by the projector to finally project the image. Well, your guess is right having a longer input lag can be frustrating for many people. Expect that the input lag will have from one model to another. Compare the different models to see which one gives you less input lag.
The refresh rate is still an important consideration. If you are going to pick the best model, then you need to have the best refresh rate. For gaming, you might want to have one with 120Hz or more in terms of refresh rate. Having a faster refresh rate means that it can deliver on seamless and crisp images.
Verdict And our recommendation for 2020
From the list above, we can all see that there is a lot you can benefit from when it comes to owning the best gaming projector. This is because these projectors are good in terms of performance and can give you the best gaming experience as compared to other models on the market. You do not have to get confused about which models to get as the list gives you the best of the best. However, the BenQ 1080p Short Throw Projector is fantastic in terms of contrast and color. This means that you get a perfectly realistic image all the time you get to use the projector. It just works great if the projector has better contrast and color reproduction. This BenQ model also has ultra-low input lag for the best gaming experience and it supports most gaming consoles. That`s why we at homemakerguide believe that this gaming projector is the best one on the market