- 1 Top 5 Best Gas Lawn Mowers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Engine - Remington Trimming Mower for Lawn Care Review
- 1.2 For Small And Medium Yards: Most Affordable - CRAFTSMAN Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower Review
- 1.3 Great For Tall Grass: Yard Machines Push Mower Review
- 1.4 Lightweight: Lawn-Boy Rear Wheel Drive Self Propelled Lawn Mower Review
- 1.5 Durable Wheels: Remington 21-Inch 3-in-1 Gas Push Lawn Mower Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Gas Lawn Mowers
- 2.1 How to choose the best gas lawn mower
- 2.2 Types of Best Gas Lawn Mowers
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 5 Best Gas Lawn Mowers: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top Engine - Remington Trimming Mower for Lawn Care Review
- 159cc OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful 4-cycle gas engine helps you clear the tallest, toughest grass and weeds. Battle tested and battle ready to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
- 22-INCH CUTTING SWATH: Unique shape makes trimming around fences, garden beds, and other landscaping borders easier cutting bigger jobs down to size. Those hard-to-reach places just became easy-to-reach.
- USER FRIENDLY: Off-set trimmer head feature helps to trim hard-to-reach places while the 14-inch ball-bearing wheels help you move easily through rough terrain. Maintain the command and control needed during operation.
- COMFORT FOLDING HANDLE: Equipped with a comfort folding handle for convenient storage and transportation.
- TRIMMER LINE: STANDARD 0.155” DIAMETER.
For Small And Medium Yards: Most Affordable - CRAFTSMAN Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower Review
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
Great For Tall Grass: Yard Machines Push Mower Review
- Powered by a durable 140cc OHV engine
- Equipped with a 21" steel deck with dual-lever height adjustment
- This Yard Machines Push Lawn Mower is perfect for mowing small to medium sized yards
- Side discharge and mulching capability
- Features 7 x 11-inch wheel size for easy turns
Lightweight: Lawn-Boy Rear Wheel Drive Self Propelled Lawn Mower Review
- Rear Wheel Drive System provides a better traction and control on hilly terrain
- 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower. Height of Cut- 6 Position 1.25 – 3.75 inches. Cutting Width- 21 inch
- 3 year Tru-Start Commitment - starts with 1 or 2 pulls or Lawn-Boy will fix it for free
- Kohler 149cc/ 6.5 ft.-lbs. Gross Torque/ OHV Engine
- CARB Compliant for the state of California
Durable Wheels: Remington 21-Inch 3-in-1 Gas Push Lawn Mower Review
- Powerful 140cc OHV engine with auto choke packs enough power to cut through the roughest grass
- Rust-resistant 21-inch steel deck gets the job done quickly and efficiently
- SureCut blade lifts and circulates as it cuts so you can mulch without clumps
- Dual-lever height adjuster with 6 height settings and adjustable grip so your lawn is the length you want it
- Durable 7-inch front and 8-inch rear wheels have sturdy treads for operating on uneven terrain
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Gas Lawn Mowers
How to choose the best gas lawn mower
In order to choose the best gas lawn mower you need to pay attention to the following details:
Type of Engine
Lawn mowers with a 2- or 4-stroke gas-powered engine do not require the connection of a power source or recharging the battery, but require regular refueling of the fuel tank. When using the machine with a 2-stroke engine, oil and fuel are mixed before refueling, in 4-stroke models, fuel and oil are poured into different tanks, which is much more convenient.
Power of the Engine
Gas powered lawn mowers have various capacities, on which the capabilities and productivity of machines depend. For example, a grass cutter with a higher power is suitable for work even in dense tall grass or for regular and continuous use without interruption.
Type of Movement
By this criterion mowers are divided into self-propelled and push. In the first case, the lawnmower moves on the lawn independently. As for the push lawn mowers – the driver requires the application of physical efforts to move the machine forward.
Accessories and Attachments
Not every best gas lawn mower can be fitted with removable blades, certain types of grass catchers, mulching plugs, etc. So, it is necessary to buy grass cutters that support attachments if you really need them.
Keep in mind that steel machines appear to be more reliable, resistant to mechanical action and better withstand all kinds of deformations, while plastic mowers are not so heavy.
Types of Best Gas Lawn Mowers
There are various types of gas-powered lawn mowers and they are classified taking into account the size of the lawn. So, there are pas powered grass cutters for small, medium and large territories. Now let’s discuss what are their most popular characteristics based on gas mower reviews.
Gas Lawn Mowers for Small Areas
Small lawns up to 5 acres will need a small gas lawn mower. Such machines usually have a small cutting width and a horsepower of up to 4HP. They are usually cheaper in price and are equipped with some basic functions: grass cutting, collecting, mulching. Despite the compact size, modern models of these gas mowers are very efficient at work. They are developed using high-quality materials, are equipped with powerful engines and contain improved aerodynamic properties. So, the process of grass cutting is rapid and efficient.
Gas Lawn Mowers for Medium Areas
Medium-sized lawns up to 15 acres will need a powerful gas-powered cutting machine with a medium power drive. The engine of such devices has the horsepower of up to 6HP and the machine itself is equipped with the wheels. Such grass cutters have a number of convenient functions. First of all, they contain various systems of grass ejecting – into the bunker, sideways, mulching and rear ejection. Premium-level powerful models have the inbuilt feature that allows adjusting the mowing height. Also, such gas push mowers for sale are able to collect the grass of increased capacity.
Gas Lawn Mowers for Large Areas
Large-sized areas of up to 25 acres will need only the best gas lawn mower that will work on flat and undulating surfaces. Usually, a self-propelled lawn cutter is an ideal variant here. Machines of this type are very reliable, durable and efficient. They are designed to work with high intensity on territories of any type. The distinctive features of such models include a high-powered engine of 6-6.5HP, a wide cutting deck, and in-built mowing height adjustments.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
So, now it is a high time to name the winner of the category the best gas lawn mower 2020. Without any doubts, homemakerguide experts gave this title to Remington Trimming Mower for Lawn Care. It is an excellent grass cutter in terms of price and quality. Thanks to a powerful 159cc engine, an easy start and autochoke features it becomes more and more popular and found among top-rated gas push mowers. So, if you are the owner of a small yard and are looking for gas mowers on sale, don’t move aside this model. This model will easily cope with the grass on your lawn and turn it into a beautiful area within a short period of time.