Top 10 Best Infrared Heaters: Comparison Table
To help you choose the best heaters for homes, we’ve created a comparison chart with most important features infrared heaters can offer. The chart should help you get a better idea of the best rated infrared heaters and which would most likely be the best pick for your home:
Best Overall: Stylish + Effective - Lifesmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace Review
- Dimensions: 28”L X 11”W X 20”H
- Heats 1000 sq. feet with 5100 BTU’s
- Features a Quakerstown dark oak cabinet and mantel
- Two levels of realistic fire glow
- Produces natural, quiet, and efficient infrared heat
Vintage Design: Top Build Quality - Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater Review
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 85 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme filter
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts.Electric Cord 72 inch long
Several Mounting Options: Heat Storm Infrared Space Heater with Attachable Feet Review
- This portable 1500 watt infrared heater has the power to heat up a small room or office with its 5200 BTU heat output. Two power modes, one uses the full 1,500 watt power while the other only uses 750 watts.
- Our patented heat exchanger with HMS Technology combines with humidity in the room to provide soft, safe heat without reducing oxygen or humidity. Safe to touch, even the grill.
- Small convenient size makes this perfect for any room in the house. Hang it on the wall or set it on the ground thanks to removable feet and wall mounting points on the back of the heater.
- Built in thermostat with LED display shows you what the ambient temperature is and helps regulate the temperature efficiently. Included remote control allows you to control the temperature with ease.
- This heater comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty
Great For Small Space: Unique Heat 1500-Watt Infrared Room Space Heater Review
- INFRARED HEAT – Unlike conventional heaters, which raises the temperature of the air in a room, infrared heaters warms you and other objects directly. The infrared heater unit is cool to the touch because it does not burn the air like conventional space heaters which use combustible heating techniques
- SAFE & QUIET – The Unique Heat Infrared Room Heater provides a safe, burn resistant warmth without the fire risk of traditional space heaters. The unit has an auto tip over sensor, which turns the space heater off when it tips over. Our infrared room heater is also extremely quiet, making it perfect for bedrooms and offices
- DISPLAY SETTINGS – Equipped with 3 temperature setting scales; 1-20, Fahrenheit and Celsius. To change between scales, hold down the QUIET button of 3 seconds until it beeps or the display flashes, then release the QUIET button. Review manual for additional details
- SPECIFICATIONS – The 1500-watt Space Heater covers up to 800 square feet and has a heat output of 5200 BTU. The thermostat range is 60 to 90 degree Fahrenheit and has a working life of 40,000 hours. The electric cord measures 6 feet and fits 3 prong outlets. Do not plug the space heater into an extension cord
- HELPFUL INFORMATION – For best results, do not place the heater in an area with a high rate of air filtration and movement as the warm air will be exhausted. The infrared space heater will work best in well-insulated rooms & is not meant to replace your central heating system. Try placing the space heater near a warmer inside wall and direct the output toward a cooler outside wall. Do not plug the heater on the same circuit as the major appliances. REVIEW MANUAL FOR ADDITIONAL TIPS
Great For A Large Room: LifeSmart 6 Element Large Room Infrared Heater Review
- 6 quartz infrared heating elements
- 3 heat settings: 1,000w / 1,500w / and ECO-maintains a constant 68º
- Overheat safety switch
- Tip-over safety switch
- Cool touch exterior cabinet
Pet- And Kids-safe: Duraflame Portable Infrared Oscillating Tower Heater Review
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet
- Safe for kids and pets - stays cool to the touch
- Tip over safety switch - will automatically turn off the heater should it get knocked over
- Oscillation feature allows the heater to remain stationary, blowing in only one direction or alternately to oscillate and move side to side.
- The infrared heat helps to maintain the natural humidity within the air, resulting in moist, comfortable heat without drying out the room's air
For Garage: Dr Infrared Heater Garage Workshop Infrared Heater Review
- 1500W comes with only one setting
- Keeping your tender plants warm and thrive in the best climate
- IPX4 structure and is protected against water splashing. Heating coverage: 150 Sq. ft
- Light weight and portable
- Low maintenance needed
Good Portability: Homegear Infrared Electric Portable Space Heater Review
- HEAT - Efficiently and quickly heats up a medium to large size room.
- CONVENIENT - New small size but same power. Remote control included.
- VERSATILE - Two different heat modes (max and eco) plus a fan mode for use in summer
Easy To Use: Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater Review
- POWERFUL LARGE ROOM HEATER: 1500 Watt Infrared quartz element whole room heater
- INFRARED HEAT: Designed with 3 superior wrapped quartz infrared tube elements that don't dry out the air
- MULTIPLE POWER SETTINGS: Includes 3 adjustable heat power settings (high, low and eco) to provide as much or as little heat as needed; Eco mode only uses 750 Watts to save energy
- SET IT AND FORGET IT TIMER: Included on/off timer allows you to program the heater to turn on or off in up to to 12 hour increments
- INCLUDES: Extra-large LED display and remote control to conveniently adjust the temperature
Low Noise: Air Choice Infrared Heater Review
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Infrared Heaters
Infrared Heater Benefits
What makes infrared space heaters so much different than other types of heaters? Well, best-infrared heaters create and emit heat rays that are similar to sunlight. This type of heat is easily picked up and absorbed by people, objects, and the atmosphere. Because of this, infrared heaters tend to heat up the surrounding environment more quickly and efficiently than other types of heaters, which usually only heat up the surrounding atmosphere. This is why many people enjoy infrared heaters over other types of heaters.
Efficiency of the Infrared Technology
Now we ask, how efficient is infrared technology? There is a simple answer to this question: yes, it is extremely efficient. The infrared technology mimics sunlight rays, so the heat particles cause other objects to become warm. Of course, the efficiency will depend on the brand, make, and model of the heater, but overall infrared technology is much more efficient than a simple radiator.
So why do infrared heaters work quicker than regular heaters? An easy way to explain this phenomenon is that infrared rays have shorter wavelengths than other types of heating methods. Thus they heat up surrounding atmosphere and objects quicker.
Why are infrared heaters less expensive than other heating methods? Traditional heaters tend to slowly emit heat throughout the whole household, you can only imagine how much energy and power is needed to do this. Infrared heater power consumption uses minimal energy to produce heat for smaller spaces, such as a single room. This, in turn, ends up saving money.
How are infrared heaters environmentally safe? Well, while they do save power and energy, they also emit natural wavelengths. This means that they do not damage the surrounding environment.
Infrared Heating Impact on health
You may be concerned about how heating systems impact your health. Infrared heat is a naturally occurring wavelength that will not do any damage to your health. There is a lot of speculation on whether or not infrared rays do damage to humans if you are constantly exposed, and the truth is that there is no significant evidence that these rays would negatively impact your health in any way. Infrared rays are very similar to sunlight, thus being exposed to wavelengths of 50-90 degree F would not impact your health any more than a day in the sun.
How to choose best Infrared heaters
Before you decide which one of the products listed above is the best-infrared heater to purchase, you may want to consider a few different factors. Each heater is going to have different features, settings, and styles. In order to choose one that specifically fits all your needs, you should ask yourself these questions.
First, you should take note of how much space you want to be heated. Most infrared heaters mention the square feet that the heater can reach. Of course, each heater will vary on the space covered.
Are you planning on moving it from room to room? Not all infrared heaters are portable, so you’re going to need to consider if you want to buy multiple heaters for each room or if you’re going to want one heater that you can take to multiple rooms.
If you’re expecting a true portable infrared heater, then you need to find one that doesn’t require installation. Many heaters are designed to easily be moved from room to room, however, you will find some that can’t be moved at all. Please make sure that you verify that the unit you purchase can be moved if you want to transport it to different areas of your home.
If you don’t mind an infrared heater that isn’t portable, then look for terms such as wall-mounted, installation, etc. These heating units are installed in one area and can not be moved once installed.
Many older models of units are fixed, and can not be moved once installed. If you’re not planning to take your infrared heating unit from room to room, then you can opt for a fixed unit. Just remember that once it is installed, it can not be moved. So please double-check the placement of the system so you can still get consistent heating throughout the room it’s installed in.
Hanging Infrared Heater vs Freestanding Infrared Heater
Even if you’re limited on space in your home, you can still fit a heater into your room. Hanging infrared heaters are installed onto the wall with a wall mount. This type of heaters is ideal if you’re lacking on floor space or living in a small area. A freestanding infrared heater is a heating unit that simply sits on the floor. These heaters come in many different shapes and dimensions, so make sure the one you’re set on buying is going to fit into space your intent it to.
Weight And Size
Weight and size is going to vary unit to unit. Think about how often you’re going to be moving it. Would you want to invest in a heavy unit that may be difficult to move from room to room? And if you’re planning on fitting the heater into a specific space, you may want to measure beforehand, and give a few extra inches just in case.
Many individuals find themselves annoyed by units that create a constant noise. For them, the best-infrared heater is the quiet one and it is created so that it won’t emit any extra noise while functioning. If you’re planning on keeping the unit in your bedroom or a child’s room you should plan to buy a silent infrared heater. It’s never guaranteed that a unit will be completely silent, as noise may be the cause of the unit malfunctioning or being put together improperly. Check the reviews to the unit you decide to buy, because even if it specifically lists the unit as being “quiet” it may still emit a background noise.
What are “heating elements” and how do they influence your infrared heating system? Infrared heating systems have two types of elements that produce heat. The most common element is Quartz, it usually has a short lifespan. PTC stands for “positive temperature coefficient”. PTC is specially constructed from advanced ceramic material and usually lasts much longer than Quartz. Many recent models are using a mixture of both Quartz and PTC.
A handy extra feature some infrared units have is the ability to adjust the thermostat to a specific temperature. A majority of these units range anywhere from 50-90 degrees F. This feature is great for regulating a consistent temperature throughout a room in your home. It’s not exactly a feature that is needed for the unit to function properly.
One of the biggest factors when it comes to choosing some of the best & safest infrared heaters is that the unit offers safety features. If you’re currently shopping around for an infrared heating unit, you’ll find that almost all systems implement safety measures such as anti-overheating mechanisms, cool-touch technology, and anti-tip over sensors. It is VERY important that you buy a unit that has these features, especially if you have children or pets. If you were to buy a unit without these safety features, you may risk the chances of children and pets getting severe burns from brushing up against the hot surface. And in extreme cases, the unit may overheat and even catch fire. Always make sure that the unit you are buying has safety measures.
Anti-tip Shut Off
What is an “Anti-tip” Shut Off and why is it so important? Infrared heaters are notorious for being able to produce consistent and strong heat. Most heating systems now have a build-in safety measure that prevents the unit from overheating and catching fire. However, imagine that the infrared heating shuts down because it is getting too hot, but then it tips over and lands on a chair. Because the unit is still at its peak hot temperature, it would take no time to cause a fire when in contact with the fabric from the chair. You won’t find this feature on every single model, because it’s a newly added safety feature.
There are also infrared heaters with timers installed. Usually, timers are used to control up to 12 hours of continued airflow and heating. Timers allow you to set the exact time when the unit turns on and off, which comes in handy if you’re not going to be able to change the setting manually throughout the day or night.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
As you can see there are so many different factors to consider before you decide to go out and buy the best-infrared heater. The best advice we can give you is to check what types of infrared heating devices would fit your personal preference. Remember that extra features are not always essential to a unit. You just need to make sure the unit you purchase will work for your home.
Buying an infrared heating system can make a huge difference to your home. As a homeowner, you want to provide you and your family with consistent heating without breaking the budget. By investing in an infrared heater you will be getting stable supplemental heat that doesn’t emit any harmful rays or have any negative health benefits. In fact, because many of the newer models are made from Ceramic and Quartz elements, you will actually be doing yourself a favor. These heating elements put moisture and humidity back into the atmosphere, thus benefiting your skin, hair, and oxygen pathways. You will also be saving yourself money which you can put away and spend on other pleasures or hobbies.
We at homemakerguide believe that purchasing an infrared heating system requires an in-depth knowledge of the unit and its functions. To easily list out what you need to remember, make sure you pick the best-infrared heater that will heat up the desired amount of space. Make sure you measure beforehand the dimensions of where you will be putting the unit and make sure that it fits into each room before you buy it. Remember that any objects placed in front of the unit risk the chances of catching on fire and can block the unit’s ability to consistently pump air to each corner of the room. Lastly, make sure that the unit you are buying has YOUR ideal features. Every person is going to want different extra features, and luckily for you, the infrared heating market knows that.
All things considered, the top-selling and overall best infrared heater is the Lifesmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace. This unit is the most purchased because it has all the essentials you would ever need in an infrared heating system. All infrared quartz heating reviews state that the Lifesmart Fireplace is built to last for a long period of time. Meaning that you won’t have to repurchase a replacement. It’s a simplified version that cuts out any extra features which could make it complicated for individuals to learn how to use. Hopefully, this article has helped educate and prepare you for finding the perfect infrared heating system for you and your home.
- 1 Top 10 Best Infrared Heaters: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Stylish + Effective - Lifesmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace Review
- 1.2 Vintage Design: Top Build Quality - Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater Review
- 1.3 Several Mounting Options: Heat Storm Infrared Space Heater with Attachable Feet Review
- 1.4 Great For Small Space: Unique Heat 1500-Watt Infrared Room Space Heater Review
- 1.5 Great For A Large Room: LifeSmart 6 Element Large Room Infrared Heater Review
- 1.6 Pet- And Kids-safe: Duraflame Portable Infrared Oscillating Tower Heater Review
- 1.7 For Garage: Dr Infrared Heater Garage Workshop Infrared Heater Review
- 1.8 Good Portability: Homegear Infrared Electric Portable Space Heater Review
- 1.9 Easy To Use: Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater Review
- 1.10 Low Noise: Air Choice Infrared Heater Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Infrared Heaters
- 2.1 Infrared Heater Benefits
- 2.2 Infrared Heating Impact on health
- 2.3 How to choose best Infrared heaters
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020