- 1 Top 10 Best Infrared Saunas: Comparison Chart
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Infrared Sauna
- 2.1 What Are Infrared Saunas?
- 2.2 Infrared Sauna Benefits And Disadvantages
- 2.3 Infrared Vs. Steam Sauna
- 2.4 How Hot Do Infrared Saunas Get?
- 2.5 Infrared Sauna Safety
- 2.6 How To Choose The Best Infrared Sauna
- 2.7 Best Infrared Sauna Types
- 3 VERDICT AND OUR RECOMMENDATION FOR 2020
Top 10 Best Infrared Saunas: Comparison Chart
What we like the most about this small infrared sauna is its minimal weight and portability; its compact size allows you to carry it easily around. Plus, it’s straightforward to fold your one-person infrared sauna and store it away when you don’t use it. Special holes for arms are made so that you can read, watch TV, or use included remote while you are relaxing in your sauna. Thanks to the remote, you can change the temperature or timer. The set includes a foldable chair that you can use inside the unit.
SereneLife portable infrared sauna offers a straightforward and affordable way to relax in the comfort of your home.
Why We Like It
- Made of durable material
- Has a convenient front pocket
This 2-person infrared sauna is one of the best high-tech units on the market. It provides a soothing effect and includes chromotherapy lighting which is great for a harmonious and peaceful experience. Furthermore, an oxygen ionizer helps to purify the air inside. EZ-Touch controls make it easy to set the light, heat, and music as you like. The sauna is crafted from Canadian hemlock so that you enjoy a beautiful look and high-quality construction. Clear glass doors and narrow windows on the side offer a perfect view, you can easily watch your kids or pets from inside the sauna.
This carbon infrared sauna is built to last and features a high-tech interior.
Why We Like It
- 6 carbon heaters for even heat distribution
- High-quality sound system with aux inputs
- Easy to assemble
- 7-year warranty
This portable infrared sauna is the best for those who are looking for a unit that is easy to carry around or store away when not in use. It has a lightweight but durable frame and is made of high-quality material, so it’ll last longer. This single person infrared sauna boasts clean air ionizer that will keep the unit fresh and healthy. There are six automatic programs; you can choose settings and timers with remote control. You’ll keep your control in the convenient front compartment. And finally, thanks to 2 arm openings, you can comfortably use the phone or read a book while resting in the sauna.
Radiant Saunas, Oversized Portable is the right choice for you if you want a compact but still powerful unit.
Why We Like It
- High-quality construction
- Has heating foot pad
- Includes a sturdy chair
- Has a 6-foot power cord
This indoor infrared sauna offers unique, beneficial features that you can get in the comfort of your home. It doesn’t need a large space or special accommodation thanks to a compact and lightweight design. Durherm, Infrared Sauna boasts the desirable characteristics which expensive and luxury saunas have. One of them is a negative ion generator - negative ions clean the air inside. Furtherthermore, it has three hi-tech heaters; it takes only 5 min. to heat the sauna up. With your head and hands outside, you can comfortably watch TV, read, listen to music, etc.
Ten min. in this portable far infrared sauna corresponds to 20-30 min. of jogging.
- Includes a chair and a heating foot pad
- Handle for better portability
- Saves electricity
- High EMF reading
JNH Lifestyles is a trusted infrared sauna manufacturer, and Far Infrared Sauna is another great product made by this company. This unit is one of the largest saunas for home use, and it can accommodate up to 3 adults. The model features 8 carbon fiber heaters for quick and even heat distribution; the heaters will maintain the desired temperature for a long time. The unit is made of Canadian Hemlock and is chemical-free. You can rest assured knowing that your sauna is safe: it’s ETL-approved for safety and performance.
Even though this sauna is pricey, it is one of the safest options on the market.
- Easy to use digital controls
- Speakers and AUX connection
- 5-year warranty
This model is crafted of Canadian hemlock wood, making it exceptionally durable. The walls are double-paneled so that the unit heats up faster, retains heat more effectively, and wastes less energy. Dynamic Saunas Far Infrared Sauna 1-2 Person boasts 6 low EMF infrared carbon energy-efficient heating panels. They create soft, extensive heat that distributes evenly throughout the unit. Thanks to the digital, soft-touch control and LED display of this infrared dry sauna, you can easily regulate temperature and timer. Finally, you can install the unit wherever at your home - in a room on the carpet, in the bathroom, basement, garage, etc.
This sauna is one of the best places to relax and unwind.
- Built-in MP3 aux
- Easy to assemble
- Low heat on legs
According to full-spectrum infrared sauna reviews, this 2-person infrared sauna is one of the best units on the market. Enjoy the luxury and comfort of the spacious sauna interior right at your place. The heaters are positioned perfectly to provide even heat distribution throughout the unit. It creates a perfect atmosphere for relaxing, reducing stress and tension in the body. This sauna is made of Canadian hemlock, so it’s an ideal insulator that retains the heat within the unit. A color therapy system will ease the stress of even the toughest day.
This best full spectrum infrared sauna is constructed so well that you can think it’s handcrafted.
- Integrated audio system
- Comfortable backrest, magazine rack, towel hooks
- 7-year warranty
- Heater elements could be covered better
JNH Lifestyles Infrared Sauna, 7 Heaters is the only sauna on the market that has no EMF radiated from the heating panels. The unit boasts 7 zero-EMF Carbon Fiber Far Infrared heaters, which are placed on the side, back and calf areas for even heat distribution. The model is crafted from 100% Canadian Hemlock - no chemicals, plywood or MDF.
Double-walled panels allow optimal heat retention; the door and windows are made of tempered see-through glass, which can withstand high temperatures. You can easily set the timer and temperature thanks to the digital control pad.
It is one of the best units according to unbiased infrared sauna reviews.
- Attractive look and solid construction
- 2 premium speakers and Bluetooth
- Easy to assemble
- Not too hot for some customers. But it’s the matter of preference
If you are seeking a large home infrared sauna, look no further! This unit is one of the most spacious saunas on the market. You won’t feel constricted during sweaty sessions with your family or friends. Like almost all JNH Lifestyles saunas, this unit is made of high-quality Canadian hemlock. The walls are double-layered for better heat retention; it helps to save energy and resources. A glass door tolerates high temperatures and provides great visibility from the inside of the sauna. Nine carbon fiber far infrared heaters are positioned in the best way to provide excellent heat distribution. Thanks to the intuitive control panel, you’ll easily set up the temperature and timer.
Relaxing in a large 4-person infrared sauna can be a great family-bonding pastime.
- Spacious bench
- Well-positioned LED bulbs
- Inbuilt sound system and AUX connection
- Customer service could be better
This infrared sauna is made for 1 or 2 people; its dimensions are 39 (W) x 36(D) x 72.5(H). The bench is large enough for those who want more space. The model is crafted from Canadian Hemlock wood, and it’s chemical-free. Each wall panel is dual-walled, making it durable and protective; plus, exterior walls don’t get hot. This infrared sauna boasts see-through tempered glass which can withstand high temperatures. There are 4 dynamic bio-ceramic heaters for even heat distribution. And finally, you’ll manage the model easily thanks to a user-friendly control panel.
It is a great choice for home, this infrared sauna can be installed even on a carpet.
- No hot spots
- See-through glass to eliminate the feeling of claustrophobia
- Built-in speakers, Bluetooth, volume controls
- Easy to assemble
- Heat insulation system could be better
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Infrared Sauna
What Are Infrared Saunas?
An infrared sauna is a kind of sauna that uses light to make heat, whereas the traditional model uses heat to warm the air, and hot air, in turn, will warm the body. The infrared sauna will warm your body directly without heating up the air around.
Infrared Sauna Benefits And Disadvantages
Before making a purchase, you have to know all the advantages and drawbacks of home infrared saunas.
- Convenient – you don’t have to hit your local SPA to get a sweaty session, you can have all the benefits right at your place.
- Safe – infrared technology is safe for most people, it can even treat or ease symptoms of some diseases.
- Detoxification – a sweat session will help to release toxins from your body.
- Reduces stress – sauna is a quiet and warm environment that gives you peace of mind. Plus, it stimulates the release of endorphins, helping you feel happier.
- Helps to lose weight – after a work-out session, take a transition shower using your best shower system, then enter your sauna to burn more calories and fat.
- It can take lots of space – you should understand that saunas for 2 or more people are rather bulky. So, consider the dimensions before buy. However, you can choose a space-saver, e.g., a corner infrared sauna or near-infrared sauna portable.
- Expensive – it’s challenging to find a cheap infrared sauna.
- Some health issues – even though such units are super safe and beneficial, still you have to consult your doctor if you have any doubts.
Infrared Vs. Steam Sauna
To make the right choice, you have to understand the difference between infrared and traditional – steam sauna. For this purpose, we have created the following table.
How Hot Do Infrared Saunas Get?
Generally, the infrared sauna temperature range is 110-150F. It’s not as hot as a traditional sauna; however, it has great health benefits.
Infrared Sauna Safety
Even though an infrared sauna is a safe place, there are still some safety rules, and you must follow them to feel comfortable and secure. Here they are:
- Do not let children and pets in the sauna – staying in a hot environment is dangerous for them
- Do not use your sauna being under medication or alcohol effect – you may fall asleep and it’s too dangerous
- Do not touch a heater, electrical components or light when you use the sauna – you can touch them when the unit is turned off.
- Leave the sauna if you feel bad – it’s dangerous to stay in a sauna if you are uncomfortable because you can lose consciousness.
- Notify somebody that you are in the sauna and do not lock yourself in.
- Consult a doctor if you have any health issues.
- Keep the liquid away from the infrared tube – it can lead to electrical shock.
As you can see the rules are simple, but you have to follow them for your safety.
How To Choose The Best Infrared Sauna
Make sure you have enough space at your home for the sauna you’ve chosen. If your place is not spacious, consider a portable option that is easy to store away.
There are units with different capacities: from 1 person up to 4 people. Think about whether you want to have sweaty sessions alone or with your family members.
Type Of Heaters
There are two main types of heaters available on the market: carbon and ceramic.
Carbon heater is more effective but it’s more expensive
The ceramic heater is cheaper and less efficient, but it still works well.
So, make your choice depending on your budget, both types of heaters perform great.
Heating Surface Area
A sauna with small heating plates will heat up faster. Bigger heating plates take more time to get hot, however, the heat distribution is better. Plus, ample surfaces are easier to manage, at the same time they are costlier.
Again, if your sauna gets hot quickly, the heat might be uneven. If you want better distribution, opt for big heating surfaces that heat up longer.
The maximum infrared sauna temperature range is 150F. However, if you don’t use a sauna too often and are not used to a very hot environment, you may not need the max. temperature.
Safety must be your priority. So, ensure that you buy from the trusted manufacturer, the unit must be certified. Also, check out reviews and customers reports
The more extended the warranty is, the better. Watch what is covered, some warranties have limitations, whereas others cover everything. However, you don’t want an extended warranty which doesn’t cover almost anything.
Infrared saunas are quite expensive units. In our post, you’ll find portable models which are not that pricey – about 170$, and units which cost up to 2000$.
Best Infrared Sauna Types
Near Infrared Sauna
The near-infrared spectrum penetrates the skin up to 5 mm. It improves the blood circulation, raises the core temperature, and even reduces the pain.
Far Infrared Sauna
The far infrared spectrum penetrates just 0.1mm under the skin. It helps to enhance metabolism, detoxify, strengthen the immune system, and help to lose weight
Both types are beneficial for overall health but each one deals with some issues better than the other type.
VERDICT AND OUR RECOMMENDATION FOR 2020
An infrared sauna is a great helper and sometimes even life-saver. Lots of people have reported that it reduces pain, tension, helps to relax and unwind. It’ll definitely improve your health and overall well being.
We, at homemakerguide.com, consider Serene Life Portable Infrared Spa the best infrared sauna 2020. This model is compact, safe and easy to use. There are special holes for arms so you can read or use your smartphone. Plus, this sauna includes durable foldable chair in set. According to our research and test, this is the best infrared sauna on the market.