- 1 Top 10 Keyboards For Programming: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Build Quality - Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Review
- 1.2 Convenient: Classic Design - Durgod Mechanical Keyboard Review
- 1.3 Top Grade PBT Keys: Fujitsu Happy Hacking Keyboard Review
- 1.4 Budget Option: AmazonBasics Wired Keyboard Review
- 1.5 Stylish & Suitable For Gaming: Eagletec Mechanical Keyboard Review
- 1.6 Slim Design: Perixx Wired USB Mini Keyboard Review
- 1.7 Good Battery Life: VELOCIFIRE Mechanical Keyboard Review
- 1.8 For MAC: Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown Mechanical Keyboard Review
- 1.9 Solid Aluminum Build: Logitech K840 Mechanical Keyboard Review
- 1.10 Hi-Speed USB Hub: Das Keyboard Model S Keyboard Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Keyboard For Programming
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Keyboards For Programming: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top Build Quality - Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Review
- Switch type: Cherry MX Red
- Keycaps: Black Pad Printed ABS
- LED Backlighting: none
- Size: Tenkeyless
Convenient: Classic Design - Durgod Mechanical Keyboard Review
- 87 Keys Double Shot PBT Keycaps ; Ansi US International Layout ; Cherry MX Switches
- Durgod K320 Features a Sturdy case with adjustable feets so you can prop the keyboard up at an angle to relieve your wrists. (2 positions)
- Supports DURGOD Zeus Engine software : ( Upgrade your keyboard firmware on the go and set up complex macros or rebind keys as you wish)
- Two Different Cables : Type C To Type C USB Cable-3.3FT (1M) and Type-C to type-A USB cable 5.9FT/ (1.8M) ; Logo Sticker and keypuller included.
- Compatibility with Mac and Windows: Compatible with Windows 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS (Might need to remap some key through the software) ; The keyboard is adapted for all environment, Home & Office use.
Top Grade PBT Keys: Fujitsu Happy Hacking Keyboard Review
- Topre capacitive switches provide best-in-class precision and efficiency, requiring only a gentle press to register a keystroke
- Compact, near-symmetrical design condenses a standard keyboard to only 60 keys. Use key combos for a faster typing experience
- Contoured frame and keys allow for smooth movement across keys, reducing hand and finger fatigue.
- Keys are made with top grade PBT, and printed using dye sublimation so legends will never wear off
- Dip switches allow users to assign different functions to keys.
Budget Option: AmazonBasics Wired Keyboard Review
- Low-profile Keys Provide a Quiet, Comfortable Typing Experience
- Hotkeys Enable Easy Access for Media, My Computer, Mute, Volume down, Volume up, and Calculator; 4 Function Keys Control Previous Track, Stop, Play/pause, next Track on Your Media Player
- Simple Wired USB Connection; Works with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Backed by One-year Amazon Basics Warranty
- Ships in Certified Frustration-free Packaging
Stylish & Suitable For Gaming: Eagletec Mechanical Keyboard Review
- MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD FOR HOME OFFICE OR BUSINESS The EagleTec KG010 with 104 Keys and Dust Proof Mechanical Switches (Cherry MX Blue equivalent) is designed for longevity with greater durability and responsiveness. Fast clicky mechanical keys with medium resistance, precise actuation, audible click sound, and tactile bump feedback
- ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD Blue LED RGB backlit mechanical keyboard, Double-shot injection molded keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting and lettering that doesn't scratch off. Comes with 9 Backlight Effect Modes Adjustable Light speed, breathing speed and 6 backlight brightness levels
- AIRCRAFT-GRADE ALUMINUM ABS CONSTRUCTION; The PC Gaming Keyboard is constructed of Aircraft-Grade Aluminum and ABS with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up to tough gaming conditions
- ERGONOMIC KEYBOARD WITH ANTI GHOSTING All 104 mechanical keys are conflict free (n-Key Rollover) for ultimate Gaming performance. Non-Slip Ergonomic Design and spill proof keys. Comes with Full Size Numeric Keypad, Multimedia Keys, WASD Arrows Key Exchange, Lockable Windows key, and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- MECHANICAL KEYBOARD COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands and Gaming PCs MSI, Dell, Corsair, Alienware, Razer, Xbox One, Asus and others
Slim Design: Perixx Wired USB Mini Keyboard Review
- MINI KEYBOARD - Mini piano white chiclet keyboard (12.6 x 5.55 x 0.98 inches). It comes with a 5.9 ft cable and Plug and Play USB interface. It is long enough for you to connect with your computer, whether it is on or under your desk
- FOR LEISUREMENTS AND WORK - Built-in 11 hot keys, easy to control audio, video, internet, E-mail and more. For activating or deactivating Number Lock, please press FN and NumLk (For the keys which are printed in Blue, e.g. U, I, O)
- DURABLE AND HIGH QUALITY - Because of the one piece design, there's no worries about breaking the keyboard feet. The keyboard is built with high quality ABS material and membrane switch. It is an ideal solution for office and home working space
- EASY TO USE - Ready to use from the box. There is no need to install any driver or software. You can use it with various applications like all-in-one PC, Notebook and your Desktop PC
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Compatible with Windows (Win XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10). Package includes: 1x keyboard, 1x instruction manual, 12-month limited warranty
Good Battery Life: VELOCIFIRE Mechanical Keyboard Review
- MUST HAVE- Velocifire mechanical keyboard is designed for copywriter, programmer, editors who spend many hours typing every day. You will get better at typing speed and accuracy through Velocifire mechanical keyboards.
- Durable Brown Switch- Low-noise switches have a tactile bump for feedback with every key-press. It is much QUIETER than Blue Switch but LOUDER than a regular Membrane keyboard. If you never used a mechanical keyboard before, please think about whether you can accept its sound first.
- TENKEY-LESS - A TKL keyboard is suitble for a programmer. It provides a standard layout keyboard, without the numeric keys. With this design it can fit literally anywhere. Used TKL or compact size keyboards, you¡¯ll be amazed how much space you save, and it¡¯ll be much easier to reach for your mouse.
- Compatibility- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 , and Linux. Not fully compatible with Mac OS
- Money Back -- Velocifire offers a 30 days money back. We always serve you after the sale!
For MAC: Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Upgraded to Cherry MX mechanical key switches with gold contacts, Dimensions: 18 x 6.8 x .80 inches (45.72 x 17.272 x 2.032 cm)Weight: 2.9 lbs (1.3 kg)
- Two-port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed hub - Up to 5Gb/s, 10x the speed of USB 2.0, System requirements:PC Windows, Linux, ChromeOS or Mac,One USB 1.1., 2.0 or 3.0 port,No driver required
- Dedicated media control with oversized volume knob
- Mac OS specific key functions; 104-key US layout, 105-key DE layout
- Full N-key rollover (NKRO) over USB eliminating the need for a PS2 adapter;UV hard coat-protected key caps to prevent fading;Instant sleep button to save energy
Solid Aluminum Build: Logitech K840 Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Exclusive Logitech Romer-G mechanical switches - Japanese engineered mechanical switches provide an expertly-crafted typing experience
- Anodized aluminum - durable and robust construction and design that is made to withstand your most demanding typing sessions
- Easy Access Shortcuts - Get easy access to integrated media and shortcut keys that allow you to control your entertainment
- Programmable Keys - Get more customized control over your productivity with reprogrammable keys. Through Logitech Options, you can reassign your favorite or most useful shortcuts
- Familiar and durable - full-size corded keyboard with 1. 8m cable with built-in strain relief for extra durability and reinforced cable strength
Hi-Speed USB Hub: Das Keyboard Model S Keyboard Review
- German-engineered, gold-plated, mechanical key switches (Cherry MX Brown). Designed to withstand 50 million key strokes
- Special Media Keys (inscriptions in blue): sleep, brightness +/-, mute, volume +/-, eject, play/pause, next and previous track
- Laser-etched inscriptions on keys to resist fading
- Two-port USB 2.0 hub allows for syncing and charging iPhone, iPod and USB compatible devices. Windows and Linux compatible
- Extra long 6.6 ft (2 m) USB cable with two USB connectors: one for the keyboard, one for the USB hub
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Keyboard For Programming
What Makes A Keyboard Programmer-Friendly?
A convenient tool for a programmer must first have excellent feedback when pressing any key. This is ensured by quality switches. These are the Cherry MX and Topre. In addition, professionals appreciate the simplicity so as not to be distracted by unnecessary details. Therefore, it is better to use the standard one. Another important point is that such a device should be able to disable the numeric keypad.
Keyboard Size Matters
The best keyboard for programming is divided into three types: full-size, without Numpad or TKL and compact. It all comes down to personal preference. A full-size device has all the keys, but it is quite voluminous, perhaps the TKL models are the best for a programmer because they often do not need a Numpad. Additionally, it saves space.
Are Ergonomic Keyboards Worth Buying?
An ergonomic keyboard for programming will take some time to get used to it, but those who use this kind of device no longer perceive the standard as something best. It saves space, and it is very convenient for typing.
Membrane & Mechanical Switches: The Most Important Factor Types Of Mechanical Switches
This is the most important aspect when choosing your best mechanical keyboard for programming. They are divided into types according to switch technology. As for switching technology, they can be divided into the membrane, dome, scissor and mechanical. The last three are most often used for laptops. Membrane and mechanical switches are most often installed on a conventional one. Membrane keyboard works with plastic key plungers. That is, you click on the membrane, it activates the contact in the matrix and records the pressure. Such types do not give noticeable feedback. Best mechanical variant has separate switches for each key. Such switches consist of a base, a spring, and a rod. They are the most convenient because they can be replaced, and they give excellent feedback, they also differ in special speed. The types of mechanical switches are divided into Cherry MX Blue, Cherry MX Brown, and Topre. Cherry MX Blue provides an identical click when pressed and is particularly accurate. This is what you need for fast typing. Cherry MX Brown is suitable for those who like to work in silence because they do not make a clicking sound. Topre. These are Japanese switches, which are rapidly gaining in popularity rather swiftly. They have tactile feedback. They are quiet programmers who prefer them.
Key Rollover – KRO & N-Key Rollover – NKRO
The key rollover is the ability of a concrete programming mechanical keyboard to work with the maximum variability of key combinations. This is more necessary for gamers. Each mechanical keyboard programming has special labels. For example, if the device has a label 5-key switch, it means that it can work with only five keys combinations at a time. If you go out on the N-key rollover, this means there is no limit on the combination of keys with simultaneous operation.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
The keyboard for a good programmer is like a weapon for a hunter. His speed and performance depends on it because programming is scrupulous work. Therefore, it requires the best tool for programming, which simplifies life. The best product on homemakerguide list is the Filco Ninja Majestouch 2. It is characterized by great functionality and the added convenience because the letters are drawn in front. This model is convenient and comfortable at work and is considered one of the best on the market.