Best Lawn Fertilizer – TOP 5
There are plenty of reasons why a fulvic acid lawn fertilizer delivers better results than conventional products used before. Don’t worry; you don’t have to be a chemist to understand what this item does and how to use it properly. Fulvic Acid is derived from a humus source of the highest quality, and it recreates the natural nutrients of the soil. Not only that you’re looking at an excellent fertilizer, but this product will also have positive effects on seed germination and the overall Ph levels. But enough with the terminology.
What you should keep in mind about this liquid lawn fertilizer is that it can be used on grass and in the garden as well. No matter if you want to boost turf, trees, tomatoes, flowers or citrus, this is an all-in-one solution. It’s made in the USA, so you can be sure that you’re not dealing with any dangerous or toxic substances. Another seal of approval comes from the fact this lawn fertilizer is used in green commercial agriculture for years now.
- The unique blend of fulvic and humic acid
- Great value for the money you pay
- Excellent coverage – one quart can cover up to 8,000 square feet
- The only downside we could find for this product isn’t a downside really. Most people, who aren’t well-informed, stay away from words like “acid” when it comes to buying liquid fertilizer. However, there are a lot of acids that make it more or less fertile; that’s how everything works
Don’t be quick to judge this turf fertilizer based on the fact it provides a cheap alternative. As you might have already known, there are a lot of products on the market that are only expensive because of the brand placed on them. That’s not the case for this nitrogen fertilizer since it comes from Simple Lawn Solutions, a rising star in a garden care department. Manufactured with safe ingredients, this option aims to help your lawn develop naturally, with no added stress. The formula with Nitrogen, Potash, and Phosphate makes the grass healthy and gives it an intense green color. The Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK fertilizer proves excellent results with all types of green – from Bermuda, Buffalo, Florida Palmetto or Kentucky Bluegrass. If you decide this is the best lawn fertilizer for your garden, you will be helping a family-run business in the USA. So, it’s a win-win situation.
- Perfectly balanced Nitrogen, Phosphate, and Potash mix
- Works on all types of grass for a great-looking lawn
- Unbeatable price and value
- Made in the USA
- Some customers criticized a sprayer add-on for not doing a good job when a bottle gets emptier. However, the system seems to get a lot of praise as well
Next in our list of yard care and fertilization products, we have Miracle-Gro from Lawn Food. With only 5 lbs you can cover a lawn area of 4,000 square feet, and that’s why it gets a title for the best coverage. However, only because it shines on a surface, it can cover with one pack. But this doesn’t mean that it won’t do a great job when it comes to fertilizing and adding nutrients so that the grass grows thick and healthy. Designed to be the best lawn fertilizer for spring, Miracle-Gro gives the best results when used with Miracle-Gro dispenser. Thus, you have a complete set of tools and fertilizer for the best-looking lawn possible.
- Can cover a lot of ground with one pack
- Perfect to use in spring, but can be safely applied in summer and fall as well
- Great price/quality ratio
- As mentioned in our review, the fact these packs are only compatible with a special dispenser sold by the same manufacturer can be seen as a downside by some customers. However, you can get it at a low price, and its results are totally worth it
Having a lovely lawn shouldn’t be the reason to discard all other factors. Especially when talking about safety and health. The best grass fertilizer will provide stunning results, while also making the lawn safe for your children or pets. And that’s exactly what Scotts Turf Builder offers to those who chose this lawn fertilizer. Of course, just like with any other care product, you shouldn’t roll around in grasses immediately after applying it. However, you won’t have to worry about any rashes or side effects from playing in the sod after you treat it. You need to make sure to follow instructions regarding mixing your granular fertilizer with water when spraying it. Users that used too much of a product reported burn marks on their lawns.
- Perfectly safe for children and pets to play
- No Phosphate in a mix, only Nitrogen, and Potassium
- Slow-release Nitrogen lawn fertilizer
- It’s not really a con, however, not respecting the recommended dosages can have a negative effect on your grass. Make sure always to use the quantities specified on a package
With so many lawn fertilizer brands out there, you may be wondering why we chose two Scots products. Well, it’s because they are among the few producers to come up with specific lawn fertilizers for various roles. With quick effects that can be visible after just three days, you can use this item as a fall lawn fertilizer or a spring one alike. Thousands of satisfied customers are praising it through positive reviews and, like with all Scots products, you need to double-check the dosagу to avoid damaging your sod.
- Quick effects – from the 3rd day after application
- Easy to apply through a Scots spreader or any other model for that matter
- Makes your lawn look dark-green and healthy
- It’s a bit on the expensive side of grass fertilizers; however, a pack is bigger compared to other products