Top 4 Best Lawn Leveling Rakes: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Rocklin Industry Review
- Levels soil and dirt evenly. Get rid of unwanted dips and divots by filling them with dirt and leveling it out with the Rocklin Industry Levelawn.
- Ground plate measures 48” x 10”. The perfect size for easy mobility, functionality, and maneuverability.
- 78” Extra long handle lets you cover more ground with less effort. Removable handle section allows shorter 50” handle if desired.
- Will work on any type of grass including Bermuda, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, St. Augustine, and Fescue. Works best when grass is cut to 1.5” or less.
- Double Spot Welded Stainless Steel Fabrication. 15 lbs Total Weight.
Easy Storage: Brinly PRC-24BH Review
- NEW Easy-Turn Plug: Brinly Rollers now feature a new drum plug design, making filling and emptying your roller quicker and easier than ever
- Push/Pull Combination: Convenient push or tow-behind design provides versatility for rolling tight areas or larger open spaces. Perfect tool for erasing lawn damage from moles and frost, or packing down loose dirt, seed, or sod.
- 28 Gallon Capacity: Sturdy roller holds up to 28 gallons (270 lbs.) of water or sand and is both light enough to push through the yard and rugged enough to withstand towing behind a tractor.
- Durable Construction: Sturdy poly roller drum won't dent or rust, and resists weather damage for use season after season. Measures 24" in width.
- Faster Filling: Includes fill opening with extra-large diameter to expedite filling and emptying of the drum. Can be easily filled with a garden hose.
Durable Rustproof Poly Construction: Agri-Fab Review
- Durable 18" diameter, 36" wide, no rust, internally reinforced, poly roller drum
- 400 lbs weight with water to help flatten uneven grass and level new soil in 36" wide swaths
- Less than 50 lbs without water for easy storage and transport and roller drain/fill plug empties easily and fills with a regular garden hose
- Includes removable drain plug and poly scraper bar; center baffler provides additional stability
- 3 Year Limited Consumer Warranty; Made in USA with some imported components
Stainless Steel Pole: MIYA Review
- 【Leveling Lawn Easy and Fun】The lawn level rake measured 17"*10" could level soil and grass better and more quickly than landscaping rake, keep the lawn flat and beautiful, and save your time and back.
- 【High Quality Material】The head and the pole of the lawn leveler are both made of high-quality stainless steel, it is really sturdy and has a long-term use.
- 【Easy to install】The unique design makes the lawn leveling tool could be installed within 1 minute and come to use, the disassemble and the store will also be really simple.
- 【Length Adjustble】The pole of the lawn level tool is constructed of five 1.3ft sections, you could adjust the length based on your needs to avoid the backache after a use.
- 【100% Customer Satisfaction】 All MIYA products provide three-year quality assurance and pursue 100% customer satisfaction. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Buyer's Guide: Best Lawn Leveling Rake
Purchasing an ideal lawn leveling equipment can be a tough decision for many. There are different brands on the market, this makes it more confusing, and more so, several reviews have been done on the best lawn leveling rake 2020. Some things to keep in mind before buying a lawn level rake include cost, built quality, durability, handle length, dimensions, and weight.
Benefits of Owning a Right Lawn Level
Owning a lawn level is advantageous since you can comfortably work on your yard at any time. It gives you the best experience in the garden.
Lawn Leveling Rake vs. Landscaping Rake
A lawn leveling rake is at times mistaken for a leaf rake because of their similar design. They both have a straight long handle with spread out metal tines on one end. Lawn leveling rake has strong tines designed to rake lawn debris like soil, gravel, and sand. It can be used to break lumps of soil and spread them evenly to create a level lawn. It’s suitable for regular home use.
A landscape rake, on the other hand, is designed for heavy-duty jobs. It is perfect for leveling gravel or soil in a large area. A Landscape rake has a broader head with numerous short metal spikes than a lawn leveling rake, which has a slightly smaller head. The spikes on a landscaping rake are made of solid metal that cannot easily bend and can endure long hours of rough use.
Best Lawn Leveling Rake: Factors to Consider
Lawn leveling tools are versatile and provide more flexibility, mainly when working on uneven ground. To achieve better results, here are some factors to consider when purchasing a lawn leveling rake:
- Cost – A level lawn tool is quite expensive, especially if it’s from a top-rated brand. However, you can still find a cheaper yet durable leveling rake that meets your home requirements.
- Durability – Durability is not only vital for a lawn leveling rake but any product you put your money on. You do not want to buy a rake that breaks down within a short period, and you have to repurchase the same rake. Check the quality of the material used. You can also check user ratings and lawn leveling rake reviews online.
- Adjustable handle – A good rake should give you the option to adjust the handle length according to your height. Not all people have the same size. This will save you back pains after hours of work.
Dimensions of a Leveling Rake
Leveling rakes come in different dimensions. The most common dimensions are: 36”, 40”, and 48”.
A 48” rake is ideal for working on large areas. The wide base makes it easy to cover a bigger surface without having to use much effort. Compared to a 36”, you will spend less time working with a 48″ rake.
Weight is a crucial factor to consider when buying a leveling tool—the heavier the tool, the more effort you use. The best and recommended weight should be about 6 pounds.
There are two types of level lawn tool, which are:
- Handheld Lawn Leveling Rake – These are ordinary rakes that have a long pole used as a handle. The handle pole is usually 6 feet. However, some manufacturers make adjustable poles so the user can adjust the length according to their height.
- Leveling Rake for Tractor – This type of rake is usually towed by a tractor or truck. They are heavy and cover a larger area compared to handled rakes.
Common materials used to build lawn rakes are aluminum, wood, and plastic.
Alternatives That Can Replace the Leveling Rake
There are several alternatives to a leveling rake. Some may not be perfect or as effective as lawn rake but will work as a leveler tool. Here are two options:
- Lawn Roller – A lawn roller is an ideal alternative to a leveling rake. It gives a perfectly even and smooth lawn. It is also effective for compressing loose gravel. A lawn roller can be pulled by hand or towed on a truck. The only downside is it needs high precision for effectiveness, and it’s heavy compared to a leveling rake.
- Spazzle Rakes – Spazzle rakes look almost similar to lawn rakes; the difference is they do not have tines. They are usually durable, lightweight, and comfortable to use. However, they may not be effective on loose gravel.
Can Sand Be Used to Level a Lawn?
Using pure sand can cause problems. Always mix sand with topsoil and compost.
How to Level a Lawn?
First, use a lawn mower to cut short the grass: mix compost, sand, and topsoil. Dig the grass in sunk parts and fill it with the compost mixture. Use a soil level rake to spread the soil evenly.
Is It Worth Making Your Own Leveling Rake?
Anyone who loves to build their stuff wants to have a homemade lawn leveling rake since it saves costs and is customized. I mean, it’s worth a try; however, there are challenges, and it’s not guaranteed to give better performance than factory-made. Most people do not use proper material when building a lawn leveler; thus, they break down more often.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
Investing in the best gardening tools gives you a better if not best, garden experience. Even though you can have a home built level lawn tool, we recommend buying one since it has more advantages. There could be alternatives to a lawn rake, but they don’t wholly substitute it. If you want to get a perfect lawn effortlessly, you should consider adding a lawn leveling rake to your gardening tools.
- 1 Top 4 Best Lawn Leveling Rakes: Comparison Chart
- 2 Buyer's Guide: Best Lawn Leveling Rake
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation