Top 3 Best Lawn Mowers For 3 Acres
Best Overall: Husqvarna MZ61 Review
- 24 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and high ground speeds
- Roll-over protection system (ROPS) ensures safer operation in all conditions
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 61 in. cut with an ergonomically designed deck lifting system for quick and easy adjustments from the operator’s seat
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple bag collection system (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration dampeners make mowing comfortable for hours on end
Durable & Efficient: Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit 34 Review
- Powerful 452cc engine with EZT hydrostatic transmission packs enough power to mow large lots of rough grass
- Zero-turn maneuverability allows you to turn on a dime and save time
- Extra-wide 34-inch side discharge cutting deck cuts a wide path
- Operator-controlled mow-in-reverse capability for ultimate maneuverability
- Comfortable high-back seat with dual suspension springs and ample leg room for a Smooth ride
Maintenance-free Transmission: Husqvarna Z254 Review
- 26 HP Kohler engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
- Air induction mowing technology draws air from the top and bottom of the deck, improving grass and delivering a superior cut
- Reinforced steel stamped cutting deck is made of heavy flat-stock steel for maximum durability
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best lawn mower for 3 acres
How to choose the best lawn mower for 3 acres
The amount of time taken to mow your yard depends on the deck size. If you have a lawn mower for 3 acres with a deck size large then you will need 45 minutes to mow your lawn. A large lawn mower deck size is about 50 inches. Similarly, medium deck size is about 40 to 49 inches and a small one is about 28 to 39 inches. A small yard would require the small deck size to finish quickly. Know your requirements and buy the best mower for 3 acres.
You will require a lawn mower which is powerful. It is significant as it can calculate the time required to mow a large yard. To know the power of the best riding lawn mower you need to know the cubic centimetres. A lawn mower with high cubic centimetres will be powerful to cut the grasses quickly.
Transmission is the transfer of power from the engine into the lawn mower’s wheels. There are three types of transmission – Manual, Automatic, and Hydrostatic. Manual transmissions have gar much like manual cars. These are durable lawn mowers. Automatic ones can change gears on its own and it is easy for riding. Hydrostatic ones do not need gears or belts to function. These do not require much maintenance and lasts longer. Read lawn mower for 3 acres reviews to know which one you require.
To purchase a riding lawn mower for small yard, you have to know the brands. To purchase the best small riding lawn mower, you have to be sure of the brand. It can be expensive so choose a reputable brand. Top manufacturers of lawn mowers today are Poulan, Cub Cadet, and Husqvarna. You can read a review and analyze your requirements to be sure. Go through lawn mower for 3 acres reviews to know more about the brands.
Here are a few extra features you should look for in a lawn mower for 3 acres. They are:
- Washout port. It is necessary to clean your mower as it takes the hose connection to clear the dirt underneath without any extra effort.
- Electric Start. Every electric lawn mower for a small yard or a big yard has an electric start instead of cords. It will make your mowing an easy experience.
- Uniform Wheels. Purchase a lawn mower with uniform wheels to make your mowing smooth.
- High back seat. A lawn mower with a high back seat will make your mowing comfortable.
Best lawn mower for 3 acres types
Riding lawn mowers
One of the best types of small acreage mowers is a riding lawn mower for 3 acres. The best zero turn mower for 3 acres are electric ones which use gas. Although it is expensive, it is very user friendly. You can use it for any size. You just need a space to keep it. These are zero turn mowers and they do the cutting quickly
Pull behind lawn mowers
This type of mowers requires another machine to pull it from behind. You need to find the best small tractor for small acreage to pull your lawn mower. It will do the job fast. The deck size is large thus you need a large space to store it.
Best lawn mower for 3 acres FAQ
What size mower do I need for 3 acres?
It depends on how much time you want to put in. You can have a large deck size mower to mow your 3 acres in 45 minutes. You can even have a medium one to finish the cutting in a little over an hour.
How long does it take to mow 3 acres?
If you have a large deck size lawn mower then it will take about 45 minutes to mow your 3 acres.
Is it expensive to maintain lawn mower for 3 acres?
It depends whether you have a riding zero turn mower or a pull-behind mower. Riding mowers use a lot of gas and can be expensive to purchase. Whereas pull-behind aren’t costly to purchase but requires lawn tractor to pull it from behind.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Some of the best lawn mowers for 3 acres are Husqvarna MZ61, Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit 34 and Husqvarna Z254. They show performance enough for 3 acres and even larger acreage. In addition, all of these models are user-friendly and not hard to operate, so you will treat your territory without efforts.
- 1 Top 3 Best Lawn Mowers For 3 Acres
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best lawn mower for 3 acres
- 3 Best lawn mower for 3 acres FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020