Top 3 Best Lawn Mowers For 5 Acres
Best Overall: Well Crafted + Powerful - Husqvarna MZ61 Review
- 24 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and high ground speeds
- Roll-over protection system (ROPS) ensures safer operation in all conditions
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 61 in. cut with an ergonomically designed deck lifting system for quick and easy adjustments from the operator’s seat
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple bag collection system (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration dampeners make mowing comfortable for hours on end
Easy To Operate: Excellent Turning Radius - Husqvarna Z242F Review
- 18 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- Hydrostatic, no-maintenance transmission is worry free, allowing the mower to take on a variety of cutting conditions
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
- ClearCut deck offers a best-in-class 42 in. cut and better bagging thanks to its deep deck design, superior air flow and high-performance blades
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
Commercial Grade: Swisher Z3151CPKA Review
- Patented Rapid Response Control system for improved comfort and control
- Commercial Grade 31 HP (999cc) Kawasaki Engine
- 6 swing away blades with duel cutting edges
- Heavy duty 3/16 front chain debris shield
- Electric tilt up deck for easy maintenance
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best lawn mower for 5 acres
How to choose the best lawn mower for 5 acres
Cutting Deck size
The deck size of the mower depends on how big your lawn is. If you have a large lawn, you will need a mower with a larger deck size. If you have a 5-acre lawn, it would be best to invest in a mower with a deck size of 40-60 inches. A 61-inch device is the best lawn mower for 5 acres. With the increase in the size of the deck, the time required by the mower decreases. You will be able to mow your lawn in much less time if you buy a mower with a large deck size.
To select the right engine, you will need to keep in mind the terrain on which you wish to use the mower. Understand the vegetation of the place and buy the mower accordingly. A powerful and sturdy engine will allow you to cut grass evenly and without wasting much of your strength or stamina. The best lawn mower engine will allow you to cut grass effortlessly in a very short time.
A lawn mower for 5 acres that has a good and effective transmission mechanism will make your grass cutting experience easier.
Mulching, Bagging & Discharge
If you want a lawn that is well nourished so that you can plant trees, buy a mower with a mulching option. In this type of mower, the grass is turned into fertilizer and deposited back on the soil. A unit that can mulch the grass is the best mower for 5 acres as it increases the quality of the soil.
Another great option is bagging. In this system, the grass is stored in a bag. You can later decide what you want to do with the stored grass. This is an efficient way of cutting grass as it does not create any mess.
However, if you are not satisfied with either of these options, you have another choice. You can opt for a mower with a discharge system. The mower will dispose of the cut grass on one side. The main drawback is you have to clean up your lawn to get rid of the cut grass after you have finished mowing.
The best riding lawn mowers have these features. Therefore, buy a convenient mower that suits your needs.
Some lawn mowers have a knife that is used to mulch the cut grass. This makes sure that your grass is evenly cut. Some of the best zero turn mowers for 1 acre are also available online. You should also keep. In mind the blade size while purchasing a mower. Wider blades usually cut grass more efficiently and smoothly. To select the right one you can look up lawn mower recommendations on various websites.
Best lawn mower for 5 acres types
Rear Engine Mower
Rear engine lawn mowers for 5 acres are the most comfortable types of lawn mowers available. If you have not been exercising then this is the mower to start with. A rear-engine machine is the best riding mower for 5 acres and does not require much force and you can cut grass without any trouble. If you have back pain or any kind of injury, buy yourself a rear engine mower. You can shop for the best rear engine riding mower online.
Lawn and Garden Tractors
Lawn and Garden tractors are usually a little more expensive than a mower. However, if you have a huge lawn and do not want to waste a lot of time mowing it, you can use a garden tractor for the task. The tractor cuts grass efficiently and is easy to use. You can look for the best lawn tractor for 5 acres online.
Zero Turn Mowers
Using a lawnmower may be difficult due to its turning radius. This may cause uneven cutting and can spoil the aesthetics of your lawn. A zero-turn lawn mower for 5 acres does not turn without command and has a turning radius of zero. Buy yourself the best zero turn mower for 5 acres to make cutting grass simple and fun. Sometimes you may also need the best zero turn mower for 1 acre if you have a small area for cutting.
Best lawn mower for 5 acres FAQ
What size lawn mower do I need for 5 acres?
For a 5 acre lawn, it is best to buy a lawnmower with a cutting deck size of 40-61 inches. You can look up lawn mowers for 5 acres of reviews online.
What are best lawn mowers for 5 acres brands?
Swisher, Ariens and Husqvarna are some of the best lawn mowers for 5 acres 2020.
How long does it take to mow 5 acres with a riding mower?
With a deck size of 61 inches, it will take you around 150 minutes to mow 5 acres. The efficiency and the cutting deck size determines how much time will be required.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Among lawn mowers that you can there is one top model – Husqvarna MZ61. This mower powered with Kawasaki engine for amazing overall performance. This lawn tractor is surely close to commercial grade machines so you will easily do the job on 5 acres and even more.
- 1 Top 3 Best Lawn Mowers For 5 Acres
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best lawn mower for 5 acres
- 3 Best lawn mower for 5 acres FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020