Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Lawn Mowers Under 200: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Greenworks Review
- Greenworks, 10 Amp 16-Inch 2 in 1, Rear Bag or Mulch Electric Lawn Mower, Converts Easily from Rear Bag to Mulch, Model # 25142
- 10 Amp electric motor delivers enough power to cut through touch grass. Assembled product weight: 48.0 Pounds
- Durable 16-Inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 2-in-1 feature provides mulching and rear discharge capabilities
- 5 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 5/8-Inch to 2-5/8-Inch for the perfect cut on all types of grass
6 Cutting Positions: LawnMaster ME1218X Review
- 【18-INCH CUTTING WIDTH & HIGH EFFICIENCY】With 19-inch high impact rust resistant deck, electric Lawn Mower with 12AMP powerful motor provides a speed of 3600RPM
- 【2-IN-1 FUNCTION】Mulch or side discharge
- 【6 CUTTING POSITIONS】 From 1.5" - 4", with a one touch height adjustment lever
- 【Folded & 35lbs Lighter】The wheels are 6.7” in size, 35Lbs easy to rotate, labor-saving and easy to control
- 【Purchase Guarantee】Priority shipping service from our US warehouse and professional customer service team
Environmental Protection: TACKLIFE Review
- Ideal Gift For Your Garden&Yard
- 【POWERFUL MOTOR】- 13 Amp powerful motor provide strong power to cut any types of grasses all the time. Electric lawn mower is equipped with 16-inch high-hardness metal steel blades, high-speed rotation, providing smooth cutting experience
- 【5 MOWING HEIGHT】- The central height adjustment system provides 5 mowing heights (0.78"/1.28''/1.77''/2.26''/2.76"), which can be adapted to different types of lawns, meet your needings according to seasons
- 【Efficient Grass Collection】- The 13.2 Max gallon Large-capacity grass collecting box is equipped with a full grass indicator, which can reduce the number of falling grass compared with ordinary grass boxes, ensuring efficient work and labor saving
- 【PORTABLE&PRACTICAL】 - Tool-free installation and foldable handle design can realize quick installation and folding; vertical storage design saves space and is convenient for storage and transportation. Folding size: 31.1''* 16.93''* 21.26''
40V of Power & Performance: Worx WG743.9 Review
- 2-in-1 mower: mulches, bags, rear discharges
- Dual 20V power Module batteries delivers 40V power and performance. This Model is a tool only, 2 20V 4. 0Ah batteries and charger are sold separately.
- Intellicut technology for torque on demand
- Indicates when grass bag is full
- 6-adjustable cutting height positions
Durable Steel Blade Cuts: Sun Joe MJ401E-PRO Review
Low Maintenance: Great States Review
- Quick, adjustable cutting Height of 0.5"-1.75" For a clean, even cut every time
- 14" Cutting width, 5-Blade ball bearing reel, and 8.5" Composite wheels
- Blades are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- T-style handle with cushioned grip and lightweight design for comfort; easy, tool-less assembly
- Clean and quiet way to maintain your lawn; requires no gas or oil.Tire Type:Solid rubber
Multiple Handle Height Positions: American Lawn Mower Company Review
American Lawn Mower Company
- Powerful 11-Amp motor provides the power to cut all types of grasses; High efficiency motor for gas-like power
- Large 14" cutting width with 5-position easy-change cutting height adjustment from 1" to 2. 5"
- 2-in-1 rear discharge and mulching system; Includes hard top 16 Gal grass bag with grass level indicator for convenience and easy disposal
- Multiple handle height positions, making it comfortable for all users; Compact and slim frame with folding handles for easy storage
- Lightweight and easy to operate; Clean air alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers
20'' Cutting Width: Scotts Outdoor Power Tools Review
Scotts Outdoor Power Tools
- Classic Scotts 20 inch push no-motor manual reel rotary lawn mower features 20" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" dual tracking wheels
- Quick-snap 1"-3" cutting height adjustment for a clean, even cut every time with this Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower
- Blades on the Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- Ergonomic handle with cushioned grip for comfort when using the Scotts 20 inch 5-blade manual hand push no-motor reel lawn mower; Easy, tool-less assembly
- Lightweight and easy to operate; This engine-free, no-motor, classic manual reel hand push lawn mower requires no gas or oil
Durable Wheels: Yard Machines Review
- 132CC GAS ENGINE: Reliable gas engine perfect for mowing small-medium sized yards. Battle tested and battle ready to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
- 3 CUTTING HEIGHT POSITIONS: Cut the grass down to your ideal size! Whether your lawn needs a light trim or a full cut, choose the height that is right for you.
- 20-INCH CUTTING DECK: Side discharge deck with 20” cutting width. Trim more in less time with its sizeable deck size.
- 7 X 7 INCH WHEELS: Lightweight design with 7-inch rear and front wheels for easy maneuverability giving you optimal command and control during operation.
- WARRANTY: 1-year limited.
Highly Recommend: BLACK+DECKER BEMW482BH Review
- LIGHTWEIGHT CORDED ELECTRIC MOWER Gasless 12 Amp 17 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass
- COMFORT GRIP BIKE HANDLEBAR DESIGN Reduces friction and enhances maneuverability for small lawns
- ENHANCED CLIPPING COLLECTION Winged Blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- PUSH BUTTON START No-hassle startup easy-to- use features
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT 6 adjustable cutting heights ranging from 1 inch to 3 inch
Buyer’s guide: best lawn mower under 200
Do you love nothing better than spending your Sunday afternoons tending to your green and sun-kissed courtyard? If so, then it is time to bring home the best lawn mower under 200 to manicure your patio and keep it in perfect order. Buy an affordable lawn mower to snip at the unruly blades of grass. Make the patio smooth and beautiful by cleaning and trimming it with the novel gas lawn mower under $ 100 or go for the best budget lawn mower instead of browsing through the tons of cheap lawn mowers available online.
However, picking the best lawn mower for the price range of your choice is tough. But this buyer’s guide can help you with weighing out the factors and settling on the best lawn mower within a few days or two. If you have a green grassy backyard instead of a lawn then also you need to invest in the best inexpensive lawn mower for the small yard so that the yard stays in spick and span order throughout the year. Please read the buyer’s guide for more details and buy one of the best lawn mowers under $150 or $200 today.
Best lawn mower under 200: Factors to Consider
If you seek to trim a small or medium-sized yard then invest in an electric cutter that is fast and efficient. However, you will need to buy a long extension cable to reach every nook and corner of the garden, which turns out to be a tad too expensive.
Gas trimmers are highly suitable for mowing gardens of a large area. The best gas lawn mower under 200 is unrivalled in the consistency and quality of performance and ensures a smooth manicure of the patio. However, a gas lawn mower is not exactly budget-friendly and mandates a yearly service charge that proves to be expensive too.
Get rid of the unruly and uneven patches of grass in your yard with the manual grass cutter that has to be pushed around to get the mowing job done. The push trimmer offers a smooth finish but is too strenuous for use.
Cutting Width and Height Adjustment
Keep the area and perimeter of your courtyard in mind while checking out the cutting width and height adjustment of the trimmer. The table below may help you make an informed decision:
|Area of the lawn (in square meters)
||Cutting width (in centimeters)
|Less than 50
|Between 50 and 150
|Greater than 150
||More than 40
If the terrain of your plot is uneven then you should go for a self-powered reel cutter to manicure through the unevenness. For the plots with verges, declines, and inclines, the manual reel trimmer is more suitable than the battery, electric, and motor-driven mower.
The deck size helps in the determination of the right size and width of the blade of the equipment. If the deck size is big then opt for a trimmer with bigger blades. Make sure that the size of the blade is compatible with the size of the blade.
Compatibility with Attachments
Make sure that you buy a cutter that is compatible with attachments so that you can improve its speed, efficiency of performance, and utility over time. Some of essential attachments include lawn rollers, fertilizer spreaders, rakes, lawn aerators, dump carts, and more. Buy the attachments separately and integrate them with the grass cutter to extract maximum benefits out of mowing.
Best Lawn Mower Under 200 Types
We ran a background check of the equipment by reading lawn mower under 200 reviews online and selected the best models:
Push lawn mower
A push mower is preferred by all because of its simplicity of use. The best push mower under 200 is, in fact, a manual lawn trimmer that does not possess any motorized power. The most commonly-used push trimmers are reel mowers, gas-powered push cutters, and more.
Ride-on lawn mower
One of the reasons for using a ride-on lawn trimmer is that one can strap on a bunch of matching accessories like trailers etc to widen the usability of the trimmer. The equipment is slightly heavyweight and ideal for cleaning huge lawns. However, one needs to keep refueling the ride-on lawn trimmer that may be cumbersome for many.
Hover lawn mower
The hovering grass cutter glides like air but it does not collect the clippings of grass so you need to rake the grass nips to a corner after the mowing session. It is lightweight, easy to use, and consists of rotary blades that make the lawnmower easily maneuverable. The cable wire of the mower is rarely long enough for work.
Robot lawn mower
A robotic grass trimmer is a little too costly, but it is one of the best lawn mowers that hardly require any effort. It trims the lawn most perfectly and mulches the grass clippings as well. The robot lawn grass cutters that belong to a higher price range usually sport advanced features like weather monitoring, smart-phone connectivity, and mapping.
Electric vs Gas Lawn Mower: Which is Better?
The electric mower is not only more efficient but environment-friendly as well. It is noiseless and promises a peaceful and high-powered mowing session for medium-sized lawns.
For the bigger terrains, it is more convenient to opt for a gas lawn mower under $100. The gas mower can operate for a long time, exceeding almost 45 minutes. Besides, the gas mower does not require an electric cord either which makes it suitable for manicuring huge lawns.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
Now that you have read the buyer’s guide and have a fair idea about the factors to check while buying a lawn mower it is time to hit the online outlets and offline stores to buy one. Manicure your lawn and trim the unruly blades of grass. If you still cannot decide what to buy then follow the recommendations of the best lawn mower under 200 in 2021 that include Bosch Rotak 34R, Karcher LMO 19-36, and Flymo EasiStore 340R Li. Choose a mower that fits in your budget and mow your courtyard most comfortably and perfectly too.