A lawnmower is a key requirement of every mortgage holder, yet the budget can be limited. The high-end grasscutters can cost a hundred dollars - or more.
If you need to have the best equipment at an exceptional price, you are at the right spot. There is a vast majority of exceptionally great grass cutters under $300 or less. Whatever you are looking for, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it in our best lawn mower under $300 reviews.
In this review, we bring you a buyer's guide, so you know what to look for when it comes to the best lawn mower under $300. Finding the most suitable & excellent piece of machinery according to your exact requirements can be a difficult task. Especially on a budget, and if you're starting and don't know what you're looking for, this is the perfect place for you to start.
There's a vast majority of features and options available in the market. Just remember, don't load up on any you won't use - it's best to cut costs as well as the grass. Our buyer's guide simply aims to explain the different features and show which type of equipment is best for different garden sizes, styles, and power.
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 8 Best Lawn Mowers Under 300: Comparison Table
Perfect for Beginners
Light + Durable
Best Overall: Perfect for Beginners - Greenworks 25022 Review
- Durable 20-inch steel deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-position single lever height adjustment
- Push button start. Drive system: Manual
5-Position Height Adjustment: Light + Durable - Greenworks G-MAX Review
- G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery (Model 29472) powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes 1-4Ah Battery and Charger
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use. Cuts 400m2 on a single charge. Nice even cut for all grass types
- 16-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium size yard more efficiently
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering throughout your yard
Powerful: Craftsman M105 Review
- Your purchase includes One Craftsman M105 140cc Gas powered Push Lawn Mower, One bagger and engine oil
- Lawn Mower width – 21” | Weight – 65 lbs. | Minimum Cutting Height – 1.25” | Maximum Cutting Height – 3.75” | Front wheel size – 7” | Rear wheel size – 8” | Engine – 140cc Briggs and Stratton
- 3 in 1 Capabilities: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching
- Minor assembly is required but is easily accomplished with little to no mechanical experience
- Engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start. Unit is gas-powered and not self-propelled. Product folds for storage
Durable Blades: Sun Joe MJ401E-PRO Review
Versatile: BLACK+DECKER BESTA512CM Review
- 3-IN-1 ELECTRIC LAWN MOWER - Corded mower, trimmer and edger combined in one compact machine
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - 9.9lbs with adjustable handle and height positions for comfort and control
- AUTOMATIC FEED SPOOL - Feed more cable without stopping or bumping.
- COMPACT MOWING - Built for smaller yards with a 12-inch cutting width and 1.6 inch cutting height
- UNLIMITED RUNTIME - Gasless corded power with built-in cord retention system to prevent accidental disconnection. Extension cord not included.
Efficient Grass Collection System: TACKLIFE KALM12A Review
- Ideal Gift For Your Small and Medium Garden&Yard
- 【POWERFUL MOTOR】- 10Amp powerful motor with 14 Inch metal steel blade ,speed up to 3300 rpm, high cutting efficiency, suitable for lawn trimming in small and medium gardens
- 【6 MOEWING HEIGHT】- Using the single Lever , you can choose 6 kinds of cutting heights (0.98、1.37、1.7、2.16、2.56、2.95inch), which can meet various types and heights of grass, get the best cutting effect
- 【PORTABLE&FLEXIBLE】- The electric lawn mower wheels are 5.5” and 7.9” in size, easy to rotate, labor-saving and easy to control; 10.5 gal grass box, equipped with grass full indicator, reducing the number of emptying times, efficient work
- 【SPACE SAVING】- Foldable storage space, foldable size: 30.2”x 15.7”x 18”; Attention : When the grass is too high, please choose a higher cutting height first, and then gradually reduce the cutting height, avoid blocking the machine
Advanced Cutting System: Fiskars StaySharp Max Review
Fiskars StaySharp Max
- Make lawn mowing enjoyable with an advanced reel mower that’s 60% easier to push than other reel mowers
- InertiaDrive reel is designed for all grass types, delivering twice the cutting power to glide through tough spots and StaySharp cutting system cuts without unwanted contact, greatly reducing wear for long-lasting performance
- New reversible grass chute can be positioned to direct clippings forward, away from your feet, or backward and downward
- StaySharp cutting system cuts without unwanted contact, greatly reducing wear for long-lasting performance without costly annual blade sharpening
- Inset wheels allow the blades to extend across the mower’s full width, eliminating uncut strips and edges near foundations and fences
Great Maneuverability: BLACK+DECKER BEMW472BH Review
- LIGHTWEIGHT CORDED ELECTRIC MOWER - Gasless 10 amp 15 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass
- PIVOT CONTROL HANDLES - For tight turns and maximum control
- ENHANCED CLIPPING COLLECTION - Winged Blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- PUSH BUTTON START - No-hassle startup easy- to-use features
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT - 6 adjustable cutting heights ranging from 1 inch to 3 inch
Buying Guide for the Best Lawn Mower Under $300
It’s time to learn more about what makes grass cutters so unique and different from one another. It’s the majority of requirements and types of grass cutters. Furthermore, most of the best and excellent grass cutters are at least relatively affordable.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Lawn Mower Under $300
Dimensions and Type of Your Lawn and Terrain
The selection of a wrong type of grass cutter is a lot like pounding a screw into a bit of wood: by the day’s end, the wrong equipment won’t do the job done. Take Inventory of your yard’s terrain and grass type and ask yourself the following:
- How numerous obstacles will you have to cut around?
- How thick is the grass, and will you cut over twigs and leaves?
- Do you need to sack the clippings?
- Does your land have uneven terrain?
- How steep is the evaluation, and how frequently you need to cut the turf?
These are all essential questions because every type of cutter handle area and terrain differently.
Capacity of Storage
Storing your grass cutter indoors is consistently the most reasonable option, for instance, in your garage, or if you don’t have a garage, in a storage unit. The correct choice will guarantee your grass cutter remains totally dry and won’t open to the wind and to freezing temperatures.
Cutting Limitations Concerning Height and Width
A grasscutter should mow at 3 inches or taller for the most suitable output. The ideal mowing height is 3 inches to 3.5 inches in height.
It’s a general standard for smaller lawns of having a cutting width of 26 to 36cm, for medium grass: 36-42cm and for medium to large lawns 42cm upwards, with widths of up to 106cm for ride-on mowers intended to cut tremendous lawns.
The Self-Propelled Feature
The self-propelled grass cutter, the user can push the drive control bar forward to draw in the self-propelled drive work. The manner in which this works is the point at which the drive arm is squeezed forward; it straightens out a link that is joined to a section.
Greenworks is considered as the best lawn mower under $300 – 2021 brand, and then comes the Remington, Craftsman, Sun Joe which also produce the best cutters and considered fine grasscutter production brands.
Categories of Lawn Mowers Under $300
These are divided into two main categories – one by style and the other by a power source. Our best lawn mower under $300 reviews covers all the essential details about these cutters.
Classification by Style
- Push Style. The best push grass cutter is powered primarily by you. Push mowers have engines of shifting sorts, yet the power is coordinated toward cutting the grass while you push it towards the cutting point.
- Riding Style. Two sorts of riding grass cutters make big mowing jobs manageable: standard riding mowers and zero-turn riding mowers. Standard riding mowers have guiding wheels for greatest comfortability and mobility.
- Tow-Behind Style. Tow-behind mowers are intended to meet a variety of needs, for example, mowing unpleasant paths or maintaining large plots of land like golf courses that require a quality cut.
Classification by Power Source
- Manually-Powered. Manual power source cutters operate through push handle. This is a strong T-shaped or rectangular handle that is associated with the casing, wheels, and sharp edge chamber.
- Gas-Powered. Gas lawn mowers are the most durable and robust grass cutters. The best gas grass cutter has a ground-breaking engine that makes short work of long grass, and it can run for a considerable long time effortlessly.
- Electricity-Powered. Electric mowers are not suitable for every lawn, but under the right environmental conditions, an electric mower is the best choice. Corded electric grass cutters draw their capacity from an electric outlet through an additional line. Cordless lawn mowers draw their electric force from a built-in battery.
Best Lawn Mower Under $300 FAQ
Which Lawn Mower is the Most Appropriate for a Small Lawn?
The small-sized best grass cutter will do an adequate job of cutting your lawn while being lightweight and easy to store and use. Electric and Manual power source mowers are also the ideal choice. For an ¼-acre of the actual mowing area, walk mower is a preference.
You can also find the best zero-turn mower for 1 acre just by exploring our reviewed products.
What Sort of Lawn Mower Would be the Best for Large Acreage?
Our pick for a grass cutter for 3 acres to 5 acres is a zero-turn best small riding lawn mower. It can have a gas engine and also can be very heavy. Furthermore, with any more ground to cover, there comes the need to ride if for no other explanation than to complete the lawn quicker.
Can Lawn Mowers Under $300 be Used on Uneven Terrains?
Self-Propelled Mowers are apparently the best for an uneven lawn. These cutters can work through the motor with sufficient capacity to handle uneven terrains in any size lawn. A grass cutter of more than 45cm cutting width and speed of 2800 RPM or more means you can have your grass cut neatly and quickly on uneven ground.
The Final Advice
Did one of our best lawn mowers under $300 in 2021 on homemakerguide.com speak to you? Our priority is that you have already found the right product. If not, though, it always helps to remember exclusive picks.
Our top choice is excellent for buyers that want high-end lawn mowing experience. However, our runner up is also an outstanding selection. Fortunately, all the mentioned lawnmowers under 300 dollars are good at what they do.