- 1 Top 9 Best Leaf Blowers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Innovative Design - TECCPO 20V Lightweight Cordless Leaf Blower Review
- 1.2 Best For Professionals: Light + Convenient - Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower Review
- 1.3 Best Deal: BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Blower Review
- 1.4 For Beginners: WORX Electric Leaf Blower Review
- 1.5 For All-Around Work: Sun Joe All-Purpose Electric Blower Review
- 1.6 For Housework: Toro Electric Blower Vac Review
- 1.7 For Experts: DEWALT DCE100B 20V Compact Jobsite Blower Review
- 1.8 For Daily Use: Marble 20V Cordless Leaf Blower Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: Best Leaf Blower
- 2.1 What Kind of Leaf Blower Do I Need
- 2.2 Leaf Blower Attachments
- 2.3 How to Choose the Best Leaf Blower
- 2.4 Best Leaf Blower Types
- 3 Best Leaf Blower FAQ
- 4 Our Recommendation for 2020
Top 9 Best Leaf Blowers: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Innovative Design - TECCPO 20V Lightweight Cordless Leaf Blower Review
If you are looking for a more ergonomic and compact leaf blower, we recommend this product. With the mastery of one of the most reputable leaf blower brands, this machine might be an excellent choice for those who want raw power since it can blow air to up to 85mph and will allow you to clean large areas without much effort, lithium battery and charger are included. Overall, it is one of the most lightweight leaf blowers we have ever seen that does not compromise raw power.
Why We Like It
- Made by a quality manufacturer
- It is a fairly complete tool that can perform virtually all tasks.
- Provides great power that can be adjusted based on your needs
Best For Professionals: Light + Convenient - Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower Review
If you need an air machine for professional use, which allows you to clean large areas, quickly and very effectively, it might be an ideal model. This powerful leaf blower delivers a lot of power and blowing speed of up to 150mph. It also comes with an extension tube that might be of use for professional gardening jobs, which cleans very well on all types of surfaces.
Why We Like It
- Great blowing speeds that deliver up to 150mph
- A tube can be extended in order to reach difficult areas
- One of the best professional leaf blower
Best Deal: BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Blower Review
With a power of 12Amp and a blowing speed of 210mph. This machine is very versatile, as it also sucks and crushes leaves and all kinds of waste which might be what you are looking for. This blower comes with a 3-in-1 feature - it is also can be used as a leaf vacuum or a mulcher.
Why We Like It
- Perfect for drying a car
- Manages to reach speeds up to 180mph
- Comes in different colors
For Beginners: WORX Electric Leaf Blower Review
If you seek one that provides an airflow with a demand for three different speeds and is easy to use and convenient to transport, you might want to take a look at this Worx electric machine. This model connects with an extension and response cable at speeds of up to 110 miles per hour. Despite being so powerful, it is actually easy to transport, since it only weighs 6.4 pounds.
- Great leaf blower for women
- Comes with an extension and response cable
- Easy to store and transport
- The instructions can be a little tricky
For All-Around Work: Sun Joe All-Purpose Electric Blower Review
This machine has a tiny 10 amp motor with a powerful blow of 215 mph. It can be used for anything that you would have in mind because it is so consistent. Also, with only 4.4 pounds, you might want to take it everywhere, and when you're done, it's robust enough to be stored quickly and easily.
- Can be used for all-around work
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Sold at a reasonable price
- One of the most powerful electric leaf blowers
- Makes a lot of noise
For Housework: Toro Electric Blower Vac Review
Capable of being operated in both blowing and sheet vacuum mode, Toro Ultra can move the air up to 350 CFM. It also offers a variable speed configuration, which gives you more or less wind energy (up to 250 miles per hour) depending on the task. For a powerful blade vacuum that offers the versatility of a blowing machine, Toro Ultra might be the best leaf blower for you.
- Can shred and vacuum
- Great build quality
- Powerful engine
- Replacement costs of a debris bag are too expansive
For Experts: DEWALT DCE100B 20V Compact Jobsite Blower Review
DCV100 is a compact 20-volt machine that sports a 265-watt motor with a fan speed of 18,000 rpm. It also comes with a variable speed slide switch with a variable speed trigger for better control; it also has inflation/deflation accessories for versatile applications and an on / off switch. The DeWalt brand guarantees its product for a period of 3 years, which might be good if you plan on having a great tool for a long time.
- 20-volt powerful motor
- Comes with multiple functions
- 3-year warranty
- Its engine makes more noise than regular devices
This 20v lithium machine offers air speeds of up to 160 miles per hour, but 200 CFM rating is low compared to more rugged models. However, you might enjoy this economic blowing machine if you want a quick and convenient way to clean leaves, dirt, and sticks from your porch or driveway.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Medium-sized motor
- One of the best leaf blower for wet leaves
- Does not come with an instruction manual
For Daily Use: Marble 20V Cordless Leaf Blower Review
While 80 CFM is not a great complement to moving larger debris, people report that it is meant for removing leaves, pine needles, sand, and other not so heavy stuff. This lightweight product might be a good choice for those with mobility or weight limitations that make it difficult to lift more massive machines.
- Made for daily usage
- Solid build
- Perfect for home use
- Its battery can last for up to only 20 minutes
Buyer’s Guide: Best Leaf Blower
What Kind of Leaf Blower Do I Need
When it comes to picking a perfect item, you should always think about what type of work you are going to do. If you have a lot of heavy work to do, you might require something with a powerful engine. If you desire something for day to day use, you might want something smaller that runs on batteries.
Leaf Blower Attachments
The fastest leaf blower can have an ergonomic handle that allows a better grip and manipulation of the instrument. The handle is covered by a special material that prevents losing the grip of the tool, and also adapts naturally to the hand. Leaf Blower Cfm vs. Mph
When it comes to Cfm vs. Mph, even though you may think there is going to be a winner, you are wrong. In reality, you are required to have both Cfm and Mph in order to have the most powerful leaf blower. It’s because they both play a big role in the performance of your machine.
How to Choose the Best Leaf Blower
There is a wide variety of models in the market, with different specs, which can make it challenging to choose which one to buy. However, you should know that you can get an excellent product at a very affordable price. In fact, the models we have described in this post are mostly not that expensive, so if you take into account all the factors that we have explained here, you can get an excellent device with the best ratio price-quality of the market.
Best Leaf Blower Types
Leaf Blower for Snow
The best leaf blower for snow is probably the one you already have. But not all the machines can perform well under the snow, if you opt for one that blows over 120mph, you are good to go.
Portable Leaf Blower
If you do not want to run with a cable attached to your machine all day, you might want to consider buying a wireless leaf blower. They are usually powered by lithium batteries and can last up to one hour of usage, which is more than enough.
Leaf Blower on Wheels
This type of blowing machine is usually destined for those who cannot lift heavyweight and require a helping hand. The wheels on these devices are excellent in those types of situations. Even though they are expansive, you can definitely buy a refurbished leaf blower for cheap or even try a backpack blower.
Heavy Duty Leaf Blower
Those are specifically designed for professional use rather than everyday usage. Some special characteristics include bigger batteries, more power, more comfort, and a lot more versatility and functions. For heavy-duty, you must definitely need a powerful leaf blower.
Lithium Leaf Blower
They borrowed their name from lithium batteries because they incorporate them and they’re meant for day to day usage in medium to a small leaf blower.
Leaf Blower For Gutters
Cleaning gutters is a hard process and will require you a leader with a powerful motor. They usually come with long tubes in order to reach spaces that could not be reached before.
Low Noise Leaf Blower
This type of blower is great if you have a lot of neighbors or have sensitive ears. They have small motors that do not produce a lot of noise and are typically wireless.
Best Leaf Blower FAQ
How Does a Leaf Blower Work?
Quality leaf blowers, regardless of their model, uses centrifugal force to move garbage, leaves or waste, and group them in one place to facilitate their collection.
Internally, a machine has a fan with many blades, which takes air from the outside and makes it spin by pushing it through the tube, which has a small opening. Due to centrifugal force, pressure accumulates, and the air that comes through the tube goes out with a high-speed rate, which in some cases reaches 250 mph.
How to Use a Leaf Blower
Use a pull behind leaf blower, whether you use small models or larger ones. Next, we will indicate the steps to follow so that you can execute your work in the shortest time possible and as efficiently as possible.
- First, press the easy start leaf blower button located on the machine.
- Next, if it’s a gasoline one, you should press the button next to the gasoline tank 2 or 3 times in order to create suction.
- To continue, you must keep the device near your body and point the tool axis at a small angle to the ground, it is important to walk slowly, moving it gently back and forth.
- Once the work is finished, make sure to place the device switch in the “Stop” option.
Leaf Blower Storage
If you want your top leaf blowers to perform at the same performance, we highly advise you to deposit your tools in a dry space to preserve them and you should consult the manual before anything. Cleaning your machine might also prolong its life span.
Leaf Blower Safety
When it comes to overall safety, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- It is advisable that you define a place of garbage collection, before using it. A good practice is to place a canvas or mesh on-site, to facilitate collection of waste.
- Your job is much more effective if you work in a single direction.
- It is recommended to use protection for eyes, ears, and hands during its use.
- It is advisable to use this tool during a dry day, garbage or wet debris adhere to the surfaces make the job more difficult.
Ear Protection for Leaf Blowers
Keep in mind that even a good leaf blower generates noise, which might disturb your neighbors. Use it at times that generate less discomfort, and be sure to wear a headset if your model makes lots of noise.
Leaf Blower Emissions
While gas-powered blowers can be hurtful to the environment, with the battery-powered machine, emissions are zero. It is because electrical energy is not harmful to the environment. The ones that are using a gas can be a danger, and you should only use them if the circumstances force you to do that.
Are Electric Leaf Blowers Any Good
If you choose an electric model, you should take into account that cable, no matter how long it is, will not allow you to hug large areas. Therefore, if the land is very large, it’s better to buy an air device that runs on gasoline. There are also those that work with batteries, but usually, their autonomy is not enough to clean large areas. Therefore, take into account this factor to buy the model that best suits your needs.
Our Recommendation for 2020
We hope our leaf blower comparison will help you to choose a perfect one for you. It can be helpful if you are dealing with a large number of leaves that can not be easily vacuumed, at the same time those garden vacuum cleaners are useful for small jobs, particularly non-shredders since they are good for collecting general garbage as well as leaves.
Leaf blowers and combined garden vacuum cleaners are the best for the vast majority of people, due to their versatility. And thanks to products such as our number one pick, the TECCPO 20V leaf blower, things will get a lot easier.
Thanks to HomeMakerGuide, you have now mastered the art of choosing the best blowing machine for your needs.