Vacuum cleaners that are light and easy to operate are a must in every house for numerous reasons. Using them, people can clean their homes, carpets, and floors much easier, because they are extremely light and don’t require much heavy carrying around. Most elderly people will have no problems using such devices, because they won’t have to flop around it, trying to figure out how they work. All they have to do is simply push a “start” button, and they can start using it right after.
The technology is simpler than it seems, and it can help save a lot of time and health. That is why we are going to take a closer look at lightweight vacuum cleaners and try to find the best vacuum for the older person. We are about to talk about how to use a lightweight vacuum cleaner for the elderly, which model is cheaper and better today, and why it is vital to have such a device.
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Lightweight Vacuums For Elderly
Best Overall: Ultra Lightweight - Shark Rocket Review
- Converts into a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- Extra tools allows you to reach tight spaces, tackle pet hair and much more for a whole-home clean
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet cleaning
- Hang the handheld vacuum from the hook on the bottom of the wand for convenient storage
- Swivel steering for excellent control and to maneuver around furniture. Cleaning path width (inch): 8.5
Great Suction: #1 Best Seller In Commercial Indoor Upright Vacuums - Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Review
Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Easy to use at only 9 lbs and light in hand with the Helping Hand handle
- ON/OFF SWITCH: Thumb control for on/off switch integrated into the handle for easy convenience
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Lays flat to tackle hard-to-reach under beds and furniture with bumpers to protect walls and baseboards
- LONG CORD: 35 ft. cord so you can move from room to room without the hassle of unplugging
- XL VACUUM BAGS: Collects more dirt, dust and debris so you don't have to replace your bag as often
Versatile: Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead Review
Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead
- Upto 60 minutes run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home; Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3. 5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head: Our most powerful yet; Upto 20 minutes of fade free power (in Suction mode II); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- The fully sealed filtration system traps 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns expelling cleaner air
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V10 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
Autonomous: Shark ION Robot Vacuum R87 Review
Shark ION Robot Vacuum R87
- THREE BRUSH TYPES. ONE POWERFUL CLEAN: Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brushroll to handle debris on all surfaces.
- HEIGHTENED SUCTION POWER: More deep-cleaning suction power than the original Shark ION Robot R750.
- COMPLETELY INTEGRATED IN YOUR HOME: Shark ION Robot senses ledges and stairs, avoids damaging furniture and walls, and maneuvers around potential stuck situations, truly knowing your home.
- CLEAN FROM YOUR PHONE: SharkClean app lets you start and stop cleaning and schedule your robot to clean whenever you want.
- EASY VOICE CONTROL: Use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to easily make the robot clean at your command in your connected home.
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
- Brush roll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Hard floor hero attachment not included
Convenient: Bissell Featherweight Review
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: A stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface type: Counter tops, sealed hard floors, low pile carpet. Dirt cup capacity: 0.67 liter
Great Filtration System: Dyson V8 Absolute Review
Dyson V8 Absolute
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
Great For Daily Use: Dyson V7 Animal Review
Dyson V7 Animal
- Cord free, Hassle free, Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in MAX mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
Innovative Brush: Bissell 9595A CleanView Review
Bissell 9595A CleanView
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long lasting, powerful suction. Bag Type : Bagless
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more; Dirt Cup Capacity: 2.2 L
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter. Note: Please refer user manual attached below for item installation and troubleshooting steps. Hose Length: 6 inch. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
Great Attachments: OVENTE ST2620B Review
- IMPRESSIVE SUCTION – You do not have to go over a single spot many times to clean it. The Ovente Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner can suck all the dust from hardwood floors, dust mites from rugs, and tiny contaminants in one single sweep! Plus, it is small and lightweight, making it easy to haul around the house while you clean.
- HEPA FILTRATION SYSTEM – This 1400W vacuum is not only light and portable, it is equipped with the gold standard HEPA filter too! It effectively sucks 99. 7% dust mites and allergens up to 0. 3 micrometers in size, traps them inside the filter, and ensures that these contaminants won’t be released back in the atmosphere. Also, the dust compartment is translucent so you can easily see when the dust container & filters are full. Just empty the container and clean the filter to use the vacuum
- COMES WITH NUMEROUS ATTACHMENTS – The unit comes with different attachments—a floor nozzle with two settings, a crevice & bristle brush, a furniture nozzle, a pet/sofa brush, and a multi-angle brush—that makes cleaning almost every part of your house easy and possible, from hardwood floors and tiles, furniture and curtains, to hard-to-reach ceilings and furniture tops.
- ENERGY SAVING SPEED CONTROL: Have more control on how you vacuum works! Simply choose the level of suction and regulate how much power you use. You can use the minimum suction setting for collecting dust without disturbing the environment and the maximum suction setting for heavier cleaning work.
Buyer’s Guide: everything you have to be aware of when buying the best vacuum for elderly
Vacuum cleaners can differ significantly from each other, not only in terms of suction power and construction but also in terms of weight; some real heavyweights weigh eight kilograms and more as well as particularly light models. With the latter, you can reach dirt even in hard-to-reach places, without having to physically exhaust yourself. There are many lightweight vacuum reviews on the internet, and you have to do some research before buying yourself a device.
However, the selection of the best lightweight vacuum for seniors and other less powerful people is hard to overlook. It is, therefore, far from easy to choose the right model for your needs and requirements. But don’t worry, because that’s exactly why there is this comparison test!
Who needs a lightweight cleaner?
Handheld lightweight upright vacuum cleaners for the elderly are ideal for seniors! But this does not mean that other groups of people cannot benefit from the “feather weights.” It is excellent for people who are physically not able to handle the heavyweights, have pets at their house, or simply want to make their life easier.
Regardless of whether you belong to an older generation, are physically impaired or simply do not want to lift a heavy device up the stairs – the lower the weight of the “dust catcher,” the more comfortable it is to clean the house, and the more you enjoy your cleaning campaigns.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about light vacuum cleaners for seniors and other groups of people. We present not only some recommended devices, but also the product category. We also tell you what to look for when buying a vacuum cleaner. Use our tips to select the right helper for your four walls!
How to choose the best model?
Lightweight vacuums for the elderly are innovative devices. They are specifically created for people who are not capable of carrying heavyweights for one reason or another. The best vacuum cleaners for elderly people have a lot of different specific features, and you mostly have to consider such things as:
- Cordless connection (charging)
- A long time of working
- Perfect cleaning features
- Options for different types of floors and carpets
- Comfortable shapes for storage
- Additional accessories
Types of best vacuum for elderly people
Before you start shopping for lightweight vacuum cleaners for the elderly, it is a good idea to do a research look for some tips, as well as some models on the internet. In this section, we’re going to discuss the best Dyson vacuum cleaners and other famous brands. We will also take a look at the best robot vacuum for carpet.
Cordless vacuum - Dyson V11
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
- One of the best cordless vacuums with anti-hair technology for households with pets – no hair can get caught in the brush rollers during cleaning – a suitable device on the market.
- Floors and carpets – DuoClean goes over floors without having to change the floor nozzle.
- This model is the most relevant in the world of cordless vacuums, and it is the latest version.
Stick Vacuum - Tineco A11
- High performance cordless vacuum for whole home use featuring a 450W motor and up to 120W of suction power for deep, thorough cleaning on any floor surface.
- Includes 2 Full Size LED Power Brushes, specifically designed to clean hard floors and carpets. Effectively picks up all types of pet hair.
- Long-lasting battery delivers up to 50 minutes of uninterrupted runtime. A11 MASTER+ model includes 2 detachable batteries.
- Easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs and crevices. Extra large 0.6L dustbin captures dirt and pet hair.
- A11 MASTER+ model includes: Full-size LED Multi-tasker Power Brush, Mini Power Brush, (2) Pre-Filters, Pre-Filter Cleaning Tool, 2-in-1 Dusting Brush, Soft Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Flexible Long Crevice Tool, Hair Cleaning Tool, Dual Charging Wall-Mounted Dock --- PLUS Full-size LED Soft Roller Power Brush.
- Powerful bagless vacuum cleaner for use at the house with a 450 W engine that can sink any type of hair or dirt.
- In combination, 2 long-life batteries deliver up to 50 minutes of continuous operation; a significant advantage when vacuuming the entire house.
Robot Vacuum - Anker Eufy RoboVac 11S
Anker Eufy RoboVac 11S
- Included in the “Best robot vacuums of 2019” by Tom’s Guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2.85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean.
- The first thing that’s great about this product is that it’s cordless and does all the work for you. You have to set the work algorithm, and the robot will do its job itself, without you having to do anything.
- The price is better than most models.
- Runs for up to 100 minutes.
Best Ligtweight Vacuums For Elderly FAQ
What is the lightest, most powerful vacuum cleaner that is good for back pain?
There are many good models available, some of the greatest are such models, as:
- Dyson V8 Absolute.
- Oreck Commercial XLR2100RHS.
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead.
- Dyson V7 Animal
Is Dyson better than Shark?
Both models have powerful engines, good battery life, and it is individual, which model is better for you.
Which is the best shark vacuum to buy?
The best models of the shark vacuums are the following:
- Shark APEX Upright with DuoClean.
- Shark Ninja Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet.
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional.
- Shark ION Robot R85.
- Shark Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light HV382.
We’ve read many top – rated lightweight vacuum cleaner reviews and tested many affordable and cheap models. We’ve seen many good models with a great rating and tested them in different sections, and in our review, you can see all the models we’ve marked as the most beloved ones. The market of stick vacuum cleaners is currently in it’s best times because the existing models are powerful and useful, and the future models look very promising and innovative. You can always check out homemakerguide to get more information on certain products.