- 1 TOP 10 Best Mechanic Tool Set: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Quality - CRAFTSMAN Mechanics Tool Set Review
- 1.2 One-Hand Operation: Best Organized - DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Set Review
- 1.3 Heavy Duty Set: DEWALT 192-Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review
- 1.4 Good Price-Quality Ratio: DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 84-Piece Review
- 1.5 Great Home Tool Kit: CRAFTSMAN 57-Piece Mechanics Tools Kit Review
- 1.6 Professional Set: Crescent 170 Pc. General Purpose Tool Set Review
- 1.7 Most Versatile: CRAFTSMAN 230-Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review
- 1.8 Great Tool Selection: DEKOPRO 168-Piece Mixed Tool Set Review
- 1.9 Great Price: Stanley 201-Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review
- 1.10 Well-made Set: GearWrench Standard & Deep SAE/Metric Mechanics Tool Set Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About The Best Mechanic Tool Set
- 2.1 Do I Really Need a Mechanic Tool Set?
- 2.2 Where Can I Use a Mechanic Tool Set?
- 2.3 What Are the Most Essential Tools For Beginner Mechanics?
- 2.4 What Is The Best Tool Brand?
- 2.5 How to Choose the Best Mechanic Tool Set?
- 2.6 Best Mechanic Tool Set Types
- 3 Verdict and our Recommendation for 2019
TOP 10 Best Mechanic Tool Set: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Top Quality - CRAFTSMAN Mechanics Tool Set Review
- Large markings for quick socket identification
- 72 tooth ratchet for minimal arc swing
- Full polish chrome finish for corrosion resistance
- 12 point socket for quick engagement with fastener
- Durable blow molded case allows for easy tool storage
One-Hand Operation: Best Organized - DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Set Review
- One-piece set includes sockets, wrenches, hex keys and more
- 72-tooth gear system for high torque ratcheting
- Low profile directional lever helps reduce catch points and for easy one-hand operation
Heavy Duty Set: DEWALT 192-Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review
- Deep laser etched markings for Easy socket size identification
- 5 Degree arc swing and slim head Design
- 72 Tooth gear system for high torque ratcheting
- Low profile directional lever
- Easy one hand operation. Polished chrome vanadium finish
Good Price-Quality Ratio: DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 84-Piece Review
- ACCESS: The 72 tooth ratchet allows for a 5 degree arc swing allowing for greater access in tight spaces.
- DURABILITY: The set comes in a durable blow mold case, keeping your tools safe in your house or garage
- COMFORT: The anti-slip screwdriver provides maximum comfort during use
- DESIGN: Sockets and box end wrenches incorporate DEWALT DirectTorque Technology, allowing for greater contact with fasteners and greater torque to make tightening and loosening easy.
- VARIETY: This set comes with an array of sockets, accessories and specialty bits, great for a variety of uses
Great Home Tool Kit: CRAFTSMAN 57-Piece Mechanics Tools Kit Review
- Slip joint, groove joint, and long nose Pliers for increased access in various situations
- Fiberglass hammer for increased comfort and decreased fatigue
- Full polish finish with large markings for corrosion resistance and easy identification
- Durable blow molded case is mobile and easy to store
- Full lifetime warranty with hassle free replacement
Professional Set: Crescent 170 Pc. General Purpose Tool Set Review
- Updated version of the best selling CTK170CMP, this new set has a new & sturdier blow mold case as well as new & improved Crescent screwdrivers
- Contains a carefully selected assortment of hand tools needed for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications
- Set includes 1/4 inches, 3/8 inches & 1/2 inches drive tools (SAE & Metric). Drive Type 6 and 12 Point.Drive Tang Size 1/4 inches, 3/8 inches, 1/2 inches
- Tools meet stringent new ANSI and ASME specifications and come with a full satisfaction guarantee
- All tools contained in a sturdy, folding plastic case for easy storage and transport. Durable
Most Versatile: CRAFTSMAN 230-Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review
- Thanks, if have anything regarding this item page. tell us with : Craftsman 230-Piece Mechanics Tool Set, 50230 .*sell#(jartram~hee190141807555714
Great Tool Selection: DEKOPRO 168-Piece Mixed Tool Set Review
- HIGH QUALITY&STANDARDS:Forged from high-quality steel and finished in high-polish chrome,strength, durability, anti-corrosion protection.All the tools meet or exceed ANSI critical standards
- COMPLETE VARIETIES:Contains tools needed for most small repairs and basic DIY projects around the house.Perfect for Handyman’s, repairmen, construction workers, mechanics, body shops etc. also a great tool set to have at home, garage and the workshop
- INCLUDES:Comprehensive assortment of professional-grade wrenches, ratchets, a complete range of 1/4 inch and 3/8inch metric-sized sockets and precision screwdriver, hammer, tape measure, pliers, wrench,and etc. The 72-tooth ratchet easily shift to change direction by flick of 5-degree switch.Variety of 1/4-inch screwdriver bits: Phillips, slotted, square, star and pozi.Also includes soft-grip handle on screwdriver, plier, srtipper and hammer provides excellent comfort and control
- EASY TO CARRY&STORAGE:Housed in a handy blow-molded case for easy tool storage and portability. Its sturdy interior and organizer keeps tools in place
- DESIGN OF GREAT ORGINALITY:Black case makes it dirt-resistant.Diamond shape design makes it unique and fashion .Case size:17.5"*13.5"*3.94".Net Weight 12.78 lb
Great Price: Stanley 201-Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review
- Includes 1/4-Inch, 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch Round Head, Quick Release Ratchets
- Stanley - Black & Decker
- 8 combination wrenches included
- Includes 1/4-Inch, 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch Round Head, Quick Release Ratchets
- Includes 6-point regular and deep sockets
Well-made Set: GearWrench Standard & Deep SAE/Metric Mechanics Tool Set Review
- Leading manufacturer of high-quality tools
- Made to withstand even the most demanding jobs
- International Renown for our diverse range of products
- All our products have been designed with the requirements of the professional in mind
- Trusted, designed, and used by experts
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About The Best Mechanic Tool Set
Do I Really Need a Mechanic Tool Set?
A mechanic tool set with case can prove to be very helpful in time-sensible situations, where you are required to quickly fix the car so you can get it out of the garage.Plus the fact that it feels good to know that you can solve all kinds of situations, you can even say it gives you a confidence boost.
Where Can I Use a Mechanic Tool Set?
“Where can you NOT use it?” is the real question here, as it proves that a portable mechanic tool set can have multiple areas where it’s valuable. Fixing your car, repairing some leaks under the sink or even fixing the toilet. Taking a ride to the local hardware store just because you need a specific hex key is not a pleasant thing to happen. Ask any men and they will tell you that it’s always good to own a portable mechanic tool set
What Are the Most Essential Tools For Beginner Mechanics?
- Oil filter wrench
- Ratchet and sockets
- Wrench set
- Impact gun
- Pry bar
- Door trim removal tool
- Pocket Screwdriver
- Big Channellock pliers
- Tire pressure gauge & inflator
- LED work light
- Pick set
- Test light
- Automatic wire stripper
- Socket extension bar
- Extendable magnet
- Die grinder
- Jumper cables
These items will help you be ready for your first day on the job, as a beginner auto mechanic.
What Is The Best Tool Brand?
It is a matter of preferences here, but according to our reviewers, the top-rated mechanic tool set was from Craftsman and it was closely followed by Dewalt and Stanley, concluding our top 3 tool brands.
How to Choose the Best Mechanic Tool Set?
Let’s see what to look for when buying yourself a heavy duty mechanic tool set
Tool Set Weight
When shopping for a tool set, have in mind what are the main purposes for the said tool set. Will you keep it mostly on a shelf and use it every once in a while? Then you can go for a heavier tool set. Will you use it daily, as part of your job? If you want to go for the best mechanic tool set 2020 has to offer, then you might want to look for a lighter, portable and easily manageable set
If you’re looking to purchase a small mechanic tool set then you have to take into consideration the fact that you will have to sort your tools and decide what you need the most.
There are all kinds of tools set, that can go from 40 to 200+ pieces. Ideally is to get one that has all the tools you need, as a mechanic.
When shopping for the best tool box, you need to get the one that has all the tools you need, as there are multiple versions customized with different combinations of tools.
What you want to go for is stainless steel as it is corrosion-resistant, and helps the tools remain strong for years. Of course, there are better materials, but they are not so present in today’s markets, such as carbon steel
Most tools are designed to survive your garage for years, some of them even have a lifetime warranty. Durability comes from the materials used in the tools, it also depends on how clean and tidy do you shelf them. Always use the best tool bag to store your tools
Make sure the toolbox you are about to purchase has the measurement system that you are using currently. For example, there are tape measures that have the metric system engraved but also the fractions, so everyone can use it as precisely as possible. And we have two most common measurement systems
If your job as a mechanic requires you to travel a lot, then a good portable toolbox is what you need. A durable, blow-molded portable case is the perfect companion for you. If you plan to put the tools in your garage, then you might consider buying a tool chest, as it is bigger and more tools can be stored inside it.
Most of the tool sets that you find on the market have a lifetime warranty, which is more than enough. As tools can get pretty expensive, knowing that you have the warranty is going to save you some money.
The price can vary from one manufacturer to another, as it depends on the number of pieces present in the box, on the materials that were used to forge the tools. But just like in the kitchen, sometimes a good but expensive tool can make a huge difference when it comes to results. Make sure you do your research beforehand, just so you can buy the best mechanic tool set for the money in your budget.
Best Mechanic Tool Set Types
Basic mechanic tools set
If you are new into the mechanics’ world, it is ideal for you to get a basic toolset that should contain the following:
- Screwdrivers (flathead and Phillips)
- Adjustable wrenches (both box end and open-end)
- Utility knives
- PVC tape
Some basic tool boxes even contain hex key wrenches, ratchet, and sockets
Skilled Mechanics Tools Set
If you a more experienced individual or mechanic, than the perfect tool box for you would have the following (besides the basic toolset, of course):
- Socket wrenches
- Allen keys
It should be enough for more comprehensive jobs
Professional Mechanics Tools Set
A master mechanic will need one of those 200+ pieces of tools sets just to be ready for absolutely every situation.
It should include a saw, the markings need to be big enough so you can easily identify the tool you need. All the tools must have a polished chrome vanadium finish so they can last for ages.
Verdict and our Recommendation for 2019
CRAFTSMAN Mechanics Tool Set is the top choice of our reviewers. It has large marks for quick tool identification. The tool case is sturdy and resistant, and the tools come out easily when needed. Also there is lifetime warranty for this set. That is why we can clearly recommend it as the best mechanic tool set 2020. If you require the best power tool brand, you should definitely visit homemakerguide, where you will find diversity and quality.