Top 10 Best Mechanics Hand Cleaners: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Lava Review
- Tough on dirt, grime, grease, oil, paint, ink, adhesives, caulk, grease, and pretty much anything that gets on your hands
- Contains pumice, a by-product of volcanic activity that can be used as a soft abrasive
- Moisturizers in the Lava formula keep your hands soft. Made from bio-renewable resources
- Value Pack contains 2 Lava Bars
- Gets hands clean fast and moisturizes
Non-Toxic: Critzas Review
- THE ORIGINAL WATERLESS HAND CLEANER: Quickly and safely removes grease, paint, ink, tar, industrial soils from your hands and laundry.
- MOST EFFECTIVE LAUNDRY STAIN REMOVER: Goop has been designed to not only clean your hands from the toughest products, but also to remove grease, grime, dirt, mud, tar, blood, grass, pine sap, and other hard to remove stains from your clothes!
- GENTLE ON ANY MATERIAL: Works on jeans to silk, your everyday work clothes to your delicates, it even cleans furniture and paint brushes!
- NON-TOXIC, BIODEGRADABLE, HIGH-QUALITY, PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Safe to use on children and is specially formulated with moisturizers to leave your hands clean and silky smooth!
- MULTI-PURPOSE AND MADE IN THE USA: Cleans tools, laundry, and multiple other items in your household. Perfect for your janitorial and cleaning supplies. Made in the USA for the best quality possible.
Biodegradable: Zep Cherry Bomb Review
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE DEGREASER: Easily removes stubborn grease, paint, adhesives & more.
- CHERRY BOMB HAND CLEANER comes in fresh cherry scent
- BEST HAND WASH: Natural pumice scrubs away grease and grime.
- ZEP CHERRY BOMB HAND CLEANER: has a unique formula that captures and lifts away dirt from the skin.
- KEEPS YOU MOISTURIZED: Moisturizers help prevent drying & cracking
All Natural: Grip Clean Review
- TOUGH AS MUD - Because it is mud—Bentonite clay, to be exact. Our unique & natural heavy duty hand cleaner for mechanics (+ other dirty jobs) easily & quickly breaks down and absorbs tough grease, oil, inks, odors, poison ivy, stains, and whatever else your filthy hands get into.
- ALL NATURAL - Forget harsh chemicals that wreck your skin. Our formula uses only natural ingredients. No solvents, no detergents, & no toxins… no more whining about dry hands or cracked skin – no matter how many times you wash.
- 2X MORE CONCENTRATED - Clean more dirt for your dollar! Our gritty, pumice soap formula packs twice the cleaning power into each drop than the next best competitors, giving you over 500+ washes per jug.
- SENSITIVE SKIN APPROVED - Oh you’re sensitive? Relax! This natural hand cleaner uses from-the-earth ingredients like bentonite clay, coconut oil, and olive oil to protect your skin from the wear and tear of extended use.
- THE GRIP CLEAN GUARANTEE - Clean those filthy hands in confidence! If for some reason you don't feel Grip Clean is the best damn hand soap you’ve ever used, we’ll give you a full refund.
Pleasant Smell: Zep Heavy-Duty Review
- Heavy-Duty Formula: TKO is a powerful & heavy-duty formula that dissolves the toughest grease & grime from hands
- Fortified With Tough Scrubbing Pumice: Removes ground-in dirt, adhesives, paint, tar & grease
- Leaves Hands Soft: Enriched with lanolin that moisturizes and soothes hands
- Pleasant Smell: Blue-green with lemon lime fragrance
Pumice Pump Bottle: GOJO Review
- Quick-acting, lotion hand cleaner with pumice scrubbers
- Pumice scrubbing particles to clean a broad range of industrial soils, dirt, and grease
- Cleans without harsh solvents
- Appealing orange-citrus scent
- Effective on dirt, oil and grease. Ingredients Water (Aqua), Pumice, C11-15 Alkane/cycloalkane , Laureth-7, Limonene, PEG-4, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aminomethyl Propanol , Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
Highly Recommend: Permatex Review
- #1 selling, biodegradable, waterless, petroleum solvent-free hand cleaner
- Contains no harsh chemicals, petroleum solvents, or ammonia that can sting cuts or abrasions
- Smooth formula gently cleans the toughest dirt
- Pure, fresh-smelling natural citrus hand cleaner fortified with aloe, lanolin, glycerin, and other skin conditioners to soothe raw, rough hands
- Suggested Applications: Cleans resins, oil, grease, tar, grime, soil, printer's ink, epoxies, paint, rubber cement, gasket and tile cements
Patented Formula: WONDER SCRUB Review
- WONDER SCRUB is an extremely powerful industrial hand cleaner! Yet, it is gentle on the skin!
- Wonder Scrub is preferred and used by hundreds of thousands of professional mechanics. Experienced mechanics consistently exclaim: "WONDER SCRUB IS THE BEST HAND CLEANER ON THE MARKET." It is unique and patented. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!
- Wonder Scrub's patented, state-of-the-art chemistry delivers extra cleaning power to penetrate and remove the toughest industrial soils, including: grease, grime, oil, tar, asphalt, adhesives, ink, carbon, resins, paints, tree sap, etc.
- Mechanics, machinists, and industrial workers rave about Wonder Scrub because it cleans so well, but it does not cause dry, chapped and painful hands (the usual side effect of industrial hand cleaners).
- FINALLY A HEAVY DUTY HAND CLEANER THAT WON'T "BEAT UP" YOUR HANDS! WONDER SCRUB IS A REVOLUTIONARY INDUSTRIAL HAND CLEANER.
Eliminates Odors: Fast Orange Review
- Superior cleaning power works quickly and deeply
- Refreshing, clean fresh scent
- Eliminates odors including gasoline, oil, and other common scents
- Advanced skin conditioners protect hands from drying and cracking
- Suggested Applications: Removes grease, grime, tar, adhesives, asphalt, carbon, epoxies, tile cement, oil, paint, odors, ink, and much more!
Safe for the Environment: Tub O' Scrub Review
- Tub O Scrub 1/2 Gallon with Pump Heavy Duty Automotive, Garage, Shop, and Household Hand Cleaner
- Removes Tough Grime, Without Water. Contains Lanolin, Aloe, and Vitamin-E to protect and clean the toughest grease from your hands
- Biodegradable Formula that Wont Clog Drains
- Contains No Petroleum, Solvents, or Pumice
- Citrus Fresh Scent Formula for a great smell. Portable Jug with Handle.
What is Mechanics Hand Cleaner?
Well, there isn’t a big mystery here, as the name clearly explains what this product is. The best mechanic hand cleaner is simply a formula specially designed to be efficient in removing the dirt from the mechanic’s hands. As you know, a simple method with soap and warm water is ineffective in this situation and harmful to the skin, so manufacturers created a much better solution. There are various automotive hand cleaners, and it is crucial to understand the differences between them to be able to choose the type that works best for you.
Benefits of a Mechanics Hand Cleaners
So, as we already mentioned, hand cleaner for mechanics is exceptionally efficient in removing the dirt after work. But, there are other reasons for choosing the best hand cleaner for auto mechanics and other mechanics as well. Let’s see some of them.
- They are gentle for the skin.
- They don’t contain harmful chemicals.
- They are versatile. You can use them to clean other things, not just your hands.
The Best Mechanics Hand Cleaners: How to Choose?
The best hand cleaner for grease options varies depending on the ingredients. When you are choosing the one that will suit your particular needs, it is necessary to look for an option that is gentle on your skin. Check if the product contains any potential allergens or something that can irritate the skin. The safest thing is to choose an entirely natural best hand soap for mechanics. If that is not possible, make sure to avoid products that contain petroleum, glycerin acid, artificial citrus extracts, etc.
Type of Formula
So, a reasonable formula depends on the ingredients. Natural and biodegradable ingredients are always the best option. However, if a formula resembles a regular soap, it likely contains enzymes. It is better to avoid this type of formula as enzymes can make your hands coarse. Keep in mind that it is critical to choose the formula carefully to avoid damaging your hands.
Moisturizing & Protection
It is necessary to know that some of these mechanics hand soap options have moisturizing properties. Many of the products, as we mentioned, dry out hands. So, it is best if you can find a type that not only effectively cleans your hands but also protects them from further damage. The good moisturizers that can be found in these products are as follows:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera
- Vitamin E
So, we already established that it is necessary to look for the best hand soap for mechanics that contains only natural ingredients. But, as you know, this type of dirt can be quite persistent. To get the best results, you should look for an option that comes with sand, pumice, or something similar that has abrasive features.
Indeed, most don’t care about the smell of this type of product. However, if it smells good, generally, we take it as a benefit. But, it is necessary to take care when opting for the scented product because some can be harmful to the lungs.
Canister Capacity & Dispenser
Different automatic soap dispenser versions come in different sizes. Sometimes you can find a big one-gallon bottle, but there are smaller as well, such as half of the gallon bottle or a little tube. Depending on how often you work in a garage, you can choose the type that suits you most. Another significant thing to consider is how much you move and whether you need to take the cleaner with you. Is it something that you want to keep in your car or your workplace?
We already mentioned this. It is recommended that you look for products that contain some kind of abrasive substance. You can look for waterless hand cleaner for mechanics that have added pumice. It is an excellent choice because it enables you to fully clean even the dirt that went under the nails, etc.
- Paste. Some cleaners come in the form of a paste. These are the ones that you can use without water. They contain scrubs or some other ingredient with abrasive properties.
- Gel. The other option comes as a gel. It is sometimes more similar to regular soap. In case you opt for this one, make sure to look for a type that doesn’t have enzymes.
How to Clean Mechanic Hands?
Okay, so the simplest way is, of course, to use a mechanics hand cleaners. If you ran out of it and didn’t have time to buy a new product, you can do it in another way.
With Home Made Cleaner:
- Mix sugar and water to create a paste.
- Put it on your hands.
- Rub for about two minutes. If the grease doesn’t get off, you can use an old toothbrush.
- Rinse with water.
- Wash hands with soap.
- Use a moisturizer or protect your hands.
With Store Bought Hand Cleaner:
- If necessary, wet your hands with water.
- Apply the cleaner and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Rub both hands thoroughly.
- Clean under the nails if necessary.
- Wait that a solution cools down.
Is it Harmful to Use Automotive Hand Cleaner Often?
As we mentioned, a lot of mechanics hand cleaners manufacturers put some kind of moisturizer in their products. The moisturizer helps protect your skin from potential injuries. However, even with it, if you are using the hand clear too often, there is a risk that your skin will become dry and cracked. Bear in mind that you should take more care if you have allergies or sensitive skin.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
In the end, we would like to say that we hope that having all this information will enable you to easily find the best mechanic hand cleaners 2021 that can accommodate your particular needs. There are plenty of splendid products on the market. However, you have to make sure to get one that will do what it’s made for without damaging your skin. If you liked this text, we would like to invite you to revisit us and read about mechanics creeper.
- 1 Top 10 Best Mechanics Hand Cleaners: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: Lava Review
- 1.2 Non-Toxic: Critzas Review
- 1.3 Biodegradable: Zep Cherry Bomb Review
- 1.4 All Natural: Grip Clean Review
- 1.5 Pleasant Smell: Zep Heavy-Duty Review
- 1.6 Pumice Pump Bottle: GOJO Review
- 1.7 Highly Recommend: Permatex Review
- 1.8 Patented Formula: WONDER SCRUB Review
- 1.9 Eliminates Odors: Fast Orange Review
- 1.10 Safe for the Environment: Tub O' Scrub Review
- 2 What is Mechanics Hand Cleaner?
- 3 Benefits of a Mechanics Hand Cleaners
- 4 The Best Mechanics Hand Cleaners: How to Choose?
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Verdict and Our Recommendation