TOP-Rated Products: What is The Best All Around Metal Detector
1 place :
Best Overall: Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
1 place :
Bounty hunter land ranger pro – the best all-around metal detector of our rating of top ten metal detectors. This is a very multitasking metal detector, which includes a point mode with a depth indicator. Bounty hunter land ranger pro also differs in depth from other models. It is more accurate and faster than other models. The most important advantage is the technology of Fe Tone (regulation of the sound of iron). It is the best metal detector on the market.
In addition to everything else, this model has a colorful and affordable interface, an attractive console and a large LCD screen. This will give you the ability to create a large number of personal settings and adjust the efficiency. If you are looking for the best metal detector at the highest level, pay attention to this device. It is the best metal detector for the money you spend on it.
- FE tone technology;
- Very high accuracy;
- Fast speed of finding the necessary things;
- Large LCD screen;
- User-friendly interface;
- Great depth compared to other models.
2 place :
Best Metal Detector for Water Resistance: Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector
2 place :
This is the second-best all-around metal detector on our list of top 10 metal detectors which costs a lot of money. However, you pay for very high quality and a variety of functions. Garrett ace 350 metal detector comes with high-quality headphones that have volume control and ear-rotating earbuds. The only lack of headphones is that you will need to use an adapter for other devices. This adapter is inexpensive, so you get inexpensive headphones of high quality.
The console and the coil of this waterproof metal detector are of very high quality. It is a submersible device. In addition to everything else, this device is distinguished by its stylish design and very high frequency. This device has a large LCD screen with a clear interface and five search modes. Garrett ace 350 metal detector will find all you need, regardless of whether you are searching - on the ground or in the water.
- High-quality headphones;
- A coil that can be submerged;
- Clear interface;
- 5 search modes;
- Increased discrimination and frequency.
3 place :
Best Metal Detector for Geo-x GPS: Ground EFX Metal Detector
3 place :
The next best metal detector for the money on our list confirms the fact that the quality of the material affects the term of its operation. It is made of fiberglass and polycarbonate, which makes it possible to call it the most durable product in our rating. It has a Geo-x GPS function that will allow you to store up to 10 destinations. This is the only product on our list that has this feature. There are four modes of discrimination and eight categories of metal to help in the search for certain items. It is important to remember that you will need six AA batteries. Wildgame Innovations metal detector reviews mention, that it is better to use branded batteries because conventional batteries will quickly lose their charge.
- GPS technology;
- Strong materials;
- Four removal modes and eight categories of metal.
4 place :
Best for Battery Condition Indicator: Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector
4 place :
This best all-around metal detector from our rating of top metal detectors also cannot be called cheap, but like the previous version, it is worth its money. For many years, it is one of the leaders in his industry. Garrett ace 250 metal detector has five search modes and an extended target ID. In addition, it has many individual settings that can be configured on a large LCD display.
The kit of this best metal detector includes training DVD, digging trowel, headphones, carrying case, branded batteries and a treasure chest. This starter kit will suit any person who wants to search.
5 place :
Best for Audio Features: Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector
5 place :
The next position in our rating may be called the most expensive and the best metal detector that exists on the market. Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector includes a function to promote audio to improve the process of listening to the finding of metals. The kit includes headphones that can be immersed in water.
One of the differences is that in these high-end metal detectors the battery discharges slowly, which makes it possible to extend the work process. In addition, this best metal detector is very accurate, so even if you are in rough territory, you will still find your goal. You can customize the mode of operation individually or use the standard settings, which are also effective.
6 place :
Best for Beginners: White’s Coinmaster Metal Detector
6 place :
This best metal detector for the money will suit even beginners and children. Whites metal detector has a small weight, a good design, and a clear interface. Therefore, the beginner will immediately understand how to work with this best metal detector. The kit includes a digging trowel and two batteries of 9 volts. White’s choirmaster metal detector is waterproof and easy to use. Nevertheless, if you need a more accurate best metal detector, pay attention to Coinmaster Pro.
7 place :
Best Metal Detector for the Money: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector
7 place :
This is the first inexpensive model of the best metal detector on our list. However, this does not mean that this device does not work well. Bounty hunter gold digger metal detector is easy to manage, which makes it possible to use this device for beginners and even for children.
The only drawback is the fact that the coil is not waterproof. You cannot use this best budget metal detector underwater. Despite the low price, this best metal detector for the money includes headphones.
8 place :
Best for Children: Ground EFX mc1 Metal Detector for Youth
8 place :
This is the only one best metal detector for children on our list. Ground EFX metal detector has a simple interface, stylish design. Thanks to the bright screen, you can see everything even in low light conditions.
The main advantage is that its coil is submersible and your child will be able to look for things even underwater. The disadvantage is that this metal detector is made of plastic, which affects its strength and durability. Nevertheless, this is an excellent option for learning.
9 place :
Best for Ergonomic Design: Winbest Metal Detector
9 place :
It is quite an expensive best metal detector, but like all previous metal detectors on the list, which are expensive, it is worth the money. Winbest metal detector has one mode of operation for all metals and the second for discriminating. It is simple, easy to use, and very functional. The device has several tones to distinguish the metals that you find.
This best metal detector comes with a carrying case. It is worth noting the good design of this device because it has soft armrests and a rubberized handle, which facilitates the search process and your hand do not get tired.
As for power, you will need 8 AA batteries. If you use branded batteries, their charge will be enough for a long time.
10 place :
Best for Professionals: Bounty Hunter Timeranger
10 place :
Bounty Hunter Timeranger is expensive, but it is a highly professional metal detector. This best metal detector is very advanced and has 4 modes of a ground balance control system. You can additionally configure it in those areas where the search becomes difficult and facilitate the task. It is characterized by a high speed of operation and has different sound tones, depending on the variety of metals. What is worth noting is the 5-year warranty from the manufacturer. If this best all-around metal detector fails, the manufacturer will fix all problems.
Best All Around Metal Detector Buying Guide
Before buying the best all-around metal detector, it is necessary to find out what features to pay attention to them.
Characteristics of the Best Metal Detector
- Pinpoint Mode. This function of the best metal detector provides more accuracy in the search. Thus, you have the opportunity to find smaller things while saving time. The only drawback of this mode is that it consumes more energy. To save battery charge, you can use PinPoint with headphones. If you play sounds through the speakers of a metal detector, the battery charge ends sooner.
- Ground Grab. This function is very convenient if you work on uneven ground. It helps to stabilize the signal on such surfaces.
- Target ID. This function makes it possible to know what type of metal you have found immediately.
- Audio ID. This function allows understanding what metals you found by different audio signals.
- Variable Notching. It allows you to determine the tune of the search mode and the specific types of metals.
- Lightweight and adjustable length. Since the metal detector is put on the arm and shoulders, it must be lightweight and adjustable in length. This is necessary for the device to fit perfectly on your figure for you not to get tired during long search processes. The flexible length is also important so that the metal detector head does not dive into the water when searching above it.
- High frequency of operation and low power consumption. While such good metal detectors have the ability to find the necessary items clearly, they must have a good battery, which discharges slowly. Often the kit of some devices includes a rechargeable battery, which you can change.
- Padded Arm Support. It gives an opportunity to fix the device comfortably, which will not put pressure on the hand.
- Replacement search coils and starter kit. Replacement coils are very convenient because you can replace the coil that failed without buying the new device. The starter kit usually includes headphones, a carrying bag, and a digging trowel. This thing is very beneficial for beginners.
- High-quality headphones and one-touch control. The quality of the headphones affects playback. The one-touch control makes it possible to control the device with only one hand.
- Water resistance. It is important when you put the coil in the water. In addition, these devices can be used in the rain.
- GPS-navigator. Extra convenience because you can save some locations you were visiting in the memory of your detector.
- The size of the coil. There are several different types of coils. The universal size of 8 inches is considered the best. Small size is great for finding small things, especially when you are looking for specific metals because it can be customized to look for the determined type of metals. In addition, it is lighter in weight so you will be less tired. The big size is perfect if you want to cover a large area. Often such coils are used on the territories with a lot of garbage. Some models of these devices can even increase the search depth to 15%. Although they are effective, not all users like them for their big weight. The optimal choice is the acquisition of a metal detector with replaceable coils. It will give you the opportunity to apply different types of devices depending on your needs.
- Battery life. Long battery life is a very important aspect when changing various search parameters. Each device has different power modes. Give preference to the metal detector which has the functions of accounting energy savings. Remember that more power is needed to work on the rough surface and when you play sound through the speakers. If you want to save the charge, use headphones. It is better to pay attention to a device that has rechargeable batteries that can be replaced.
- Reliability. Usually, metal detectors are made of strong materials. As for the wires, they are securely insulated. You can only worry about them if you accidentally cut them with a knife. Read about materials before you buy a metal detector.
Efficiency of the Best Metal Detector
The efficiency of the best metal detector depends on four main factors:
- Adjustable length. The more possibilities to adjust the length, the more likely that you will find something under the water or on the ground.
- Pinpoint mode. It will help you create customized search settings. In addition, you can find rare materials, as it is convenient for use in one hand.
- Operating frequency. You should remember that besides the frequency, the best metal detector should also be of high quality if you buy a metal detector from bad materials and bad characteristics, but it has a high frequency, you would not get a high result. Don’t think the highest frequency will find everything on the ground. The average frequency is from 7 to 8 kilohertz, but nevertheless, it can work in different ways. To search for small things you need to use a high frequency, if you are looking for bigger things, you can use the middle frequency. High frequency will help locate metals such as gold. If you are after a particular metal, stop focusing on a device with a higher frequency.
- Discrimination mode. This is very important because it helps to search only those materials that you need.
- Water resistance and customizable modes. You must understand that water resistance and waterproofness are different things. Coils with water resistance are great to use in the rain. Waterproof coils are suitable for searching underwater. If you are an amateur, not a pro, you can limit yourself to a waterproof coil. However, if you want to look for some things underwater, you do not have to buy waterproof coils. The more modes, the better the filters of the best metal detector. Here we are talking about ground grab (the setting parameter of soil balancing), discrimination (turns off the search for metals that you do not need), and stereo mixed mode (gives an interesting possibility that you will hear a common signal in one ear, and in the other ear, you will hear the signal of a particular metal).
- The size. The length and weight of the device have the ability to influence your state of health and level of exhaustion. Usually, manufacturers produce models with a small weight for beginners. They have standard functions.
- The weight. As mentioned above, weight is a very important aspect that affects the comfort of your work with the device, so you have to choose a device suitable for your ability to carry weight.
Pin Pointers in Work of the Best Metal Detector
There are pinpointers in some kits of best metal detectors. This device is convenient not only to search for metal but also for hunting when you want to find something concrete. However, if you do not have such an option in your kit, do not buy it separately.
The last important thing you need to observe when looking for metal detectors for sale is the price. You have to understand that the best-rated metal detectors are not cheap. However, you can read in metal detector reviews that these devices are worthy of such money. Top-rated metal detectors are always made of high-quality materials and include many additional functions. That is why the price is high.
Conclusion on the Best Metal Detector
Judging by all the parameters described above, while choosing the best metal detector it is best to pick one that is made of good materials, has an ergonomic design, as well as a large number of additional functions. This includes GPS, discrimination mode, various functions for determining metals and good headphones. In addition, pay attention to those devices that slowly discharge the battery.
The best metal detector that meets all these parameters is the first in our rating; it is Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. This is a reliable option, which has many functions. Also, the reliable battery is included in the kit of this device. It has many additional functions, such as Fe tone technology, which helps to recognize the kind of metal you have found. In addition, you find a large LCD screen. This option has great accuracy and big depth, so if you will choose best metal detector Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, you will get a great device, which will help you to look for metals in every area. Yes, the price for this best metal detector is high, but it is worthy of its money.