- 1 Top 10 Best Mulching Mowers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Easy + Quality - Greenworks 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review
- 1.2 Heavy-Duty: Professional Grade - Greenworks PRO 80V Cordless Lawn Mower Review
- 1.3 Good Versatility: Greenworks 3-in-1 Electric Corded Lawn Mower Review
- 1.4 Top Motor: Honda Gas 4-in-1 Lawn Mower Review
- 1.5 Perfect For Small And Medium Yards: CRAFTSMAN 3-in-1 Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower Review
- 1.6 Lightweight & Effective: WORX 40V Lawn Mower with Mulching Review
- 1.7 Easy To Maneuver: Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher Review
- 1.8 Advanced Rechargeable Model: EGO Power+ Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower Review
- 1.9 Low Noise Level: Snapper Cordless Electric Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit Review
- 1.10 Dual Blade: Greenworks Cordless Twin Force Lawn Mower Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Mulching Lawn Mowers
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Mulching Mowers: Comparison Table
Review the table below as it will help you to choose the best mulching device for your yard. We understand that to make such a choice is not an easy task that’s why prepared detailed reviews of the best products available on the market.
Best Overall: Easy + Quality - Greenworks 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review
- Your purchase includes One Greenworks 16" 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, 25142 model
- Lawn Mower dimensions – 52.05” L x 19.21” W x 41” H | Wheels size – 7” and 8” | Cutting width – 17”
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use
- The unit is made of high quality durable plastic, which allows it to be light in weight and easy to maneuver
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
Heavy-Duty: Professional Grade - Greenworks PRO 80V Cordless Lawn Mower Review
- Your purchase includes: 21-Inch 80V Push Lawn Mower and 4.0AH battery and charger.
- Up to 45 minutes of run time with fully charged 4Ah battery.
- Brushless motors are more reliable and delivers gas equivalent performance to a 160cc gas engine.
- Innovative Smart Cut Technology automatically increases the speed of the blade when more power is needed for the best cut possible.
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature.
Good Versatility: Greenworks 3-in-1 Electric Corded Lawn Mower Review
- Electric corded mower with a powerful 12 Amp motor (extension cord not included)
- Durable 20-Inch Steel Deck
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1-1/2 to 3-3/4 inches for all grass types
- Push button start. Drive system: Manual
Top Motor: Honda Gas 4-in-1 Lawn Mower Review
Perfect For Small And Medium Yards: CRAFTSMAN 3-in-1 Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower Review
- Your purchase includes One Craftsman M105 140cc Gas powered Push Lawn Mower, One bagger and engine oil
- Lawn Mower width – 21” | Weight – 65 lbs. | Minimum Cutting Height – 1.25” | Maximum Cutting Height – 3.75” | Front wheel size – 7” | Rear wheel size – 8” | Engine – 140cc Briggs and Stratton
- 3 in 1 Capabilities: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching
- Minor assembly is required but is easily accomplished with little to no mechanical experience
- Engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start. Unit is gas-powered and not self-propelled. Product folds for storage
Lightweight & Effective: WORX 40V Lawn Mower with Mulching Review
- The 17 inches Mower includes 2 removable 20V 4; 0Ah batteries that delivers 40V power and performance
- Patented intellicut provides additional torque on demand and the ability to conserve battery when desired
- Premium 2 in 1 design that mulches, bags and rear discharges and includes a quick single lever cutting Height adjustment.
- Grass bag features a full indicator and over sized carry handle for easy disposal
- Cuts up to 1/8 Acre per charge, and dual Port charger can charge two batteries at once
Easy To Maneuver: Sun Joe Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher Review
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 17-inch wide path
- HEIGHT CONTROL: Tailor cutting Height with 7-position Height control
- CONVERTIBLE: Mulching + mowing function. Size of Yard - 1/4 - 1/2 Acre. No Load Speed (rpm)- 3500
- GRASS COLLECTOR: Detachable grass collection bag for easy disposal
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new lawn mower is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
Advanced Rechargeable Model: EGO Power+ Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower Review
- Compatible with all EGO power+ arc lithium batteries
- 20 in. cut capacity
- Weather-resistant construction
- 3-in-1: mulching/bagging/side discharge
- Folds easily for compact storage
Low Noise Level: Snapper Cordless Electric Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit Review
- Self propelled transmission with variable speed
- Upto 45 minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0Ah Battery kit comes with (2) 2Ah Lithium ion batteries and rapid charger
- 21 inches Steel mowing deck with 3 in 1 Design mulch, bag or side discharge grass clippings easily
- Smart, efficient load sensing technology power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades
- Push button start and a single lever, 7 position height of cut adjustment; Rear wheel size:10 inch
Dual Blade: Greenworks Cordless Twin Force Lawn Mower Review
- Your purchase includes: G-max 25302 Lawn mower (push button start & dual blades), battery charger, a 4Ah and 2Ah batteries
- Dual battery ports with automatic switch-over for longer, uninterrupted run-times. Get an approximate runtime of 70 minutes using both batteries. Run-Time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas, while dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities
- Item's weight is 42.5 lbs. Includes 10 in. rear wheels and 7 in. front wheels for easy maneuver. Use the lever to reach up to 5 height positions, for cutting range of 1-3/4' to 3-3/8'
- Innovative Smart Cut technology adjust for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass. Hard top rear bag indicates when the bag is full and needs to be emptied
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Mulching Lawn Mowers
How to choose Best Lawn Mulcher
When choosing a lawn mower that mulches the grass, it is necessary to take into account the following nuances.
Firstly, the devices are different in power – from 800W to 1800W. Here it is necessary to take into account all the details of your lawn – its relief and area, features and rigidity of lawn grass. Proceeding from this, it is necessary to determine whether you need to overpay for a more powerful device or you can do with less power.
Secondly, it is very important what the body of the best mulching mower is made of. After all, everything is attached to the body – the handle, wheels, grass collector and motor, therefore the material from which it is made must be as strong as possible. In this case, the dependence is direct – the stronger the housing material, the longer the mechanism will last. The best material would be steel.
Type of Wheels
The third criterion for choosing an electric mower is the wheels. In terms of practicality and durability, it is best to choose wheels with bearings, due to them, energy losses during friction are reduced, and the efficiency of the unit is increased.
Consider the best mulching mower, whose front wheels are small and the rear wheels are large. Due to this, it will be able to maneuver well.
Types of Best Mulching Lawn Mowers
All mulching lawn mowers are divided by the power source into corded, cordless and gas. All of them have their own specifics, pros and cons. Let’s discover, what are they.
Corded Mulching Lawn Mowers
Corded mulching lawn mowers are designed for work in small and medium-sized areas, up to about 0.12 acres. Distinctive features of such lawn mowers are lightweight, plastic casing, simplicity of construction, relatively small dimensions and relatively low cost. The main advantage of these devices is the ease of operation and unpretentiousness in maintenance. Thanks to the electric motor, the corded mulching mower is ready for work quickly. An essential drawback of such devices is an electric cord that limits the working radius and also does not allow working after rain or on wet grass.
Cordless Mulching Lawn Mowers
Cordless top mulching mowers are mobile, easy to use, eco-friendly and convenient devices that are designed to work on small areas. They are powered by lithium-ion batteries, which have no memory effect. However, such batteries are quickly discharged in the cold weather, so they are recommended to be stored in heated rooms. A battery lawn mower has one significant disadvantage: when the battery sits down it needs to be recharged, and this takes a certain amount of time.
Gas Mulching Lawn Mowers
Top mulching lawn mowers that are fueled with gas are designed to work on large areas. They are equipped with a 4-stroke engine of different capacities and have a steel case. Among models of this type, there are the self-propelled and push lawn mowers. With the first variant, you won’t need to push a machine forward, but you’ll need to determine the route of movement. The best self-propelled mulching lawn mower minimizes the operator’s efforts while working and is designed for operation in large areas, or on an inclined terrain.
Mechanical Mulching Lawn Mowers
The main advantages of a mechanical lawn mower are the simplicity of construction and use. You just need to grab the handle and roll it forward. Best mulching walk-behind mower would be an excellent variant for owners of private houses or cottages.
Mulching Lawn Mower Tips
- The mower must have sufficiently high power. Otherwise, the operation of the unit will be constantly slowed down, and the quality of mulching will fall.
- Do not use such a lawnmower immediately after the rain or large dew. Wet grass sticks together in lumps, but does not lie flat, which is not useful for lawns.
- High raw grass can damage the best mulching mower – you must cut gently, cutting only the upper part. It is better to pass the area once again than to repair the device.
- Mowing with top mulching lawn mowers should be done regularly, without waiting for the overgrowing of grass. It’s easier to constantly maintain a lawn in a well-groomed form, than once a month to expose the equipment to the risk of breakage.
- It is not desirable to mulch at a time when the weather is hot and dry. With a shortage of moisture, soil organisms are not able to quickly process sloping – the formation of hay, the clogging of the lawn and the overgrowing of its moss will begin.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
If you still can’t choose the best mulching mower, pay attention to Greenworks 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower. Based on mulching push mower reviews, it is the best model in 2020. It is eco-friendly as doesn’t pollute the air with harmful emissions. Special attention deserves its maneuverability as it easily overcomes obstacles, moves smoothly, cuts evenly and mulches perfectly well. Moreover, this best-rated mulching lawn mower should be your variant if you are looking for a top-quality mulching machine on a good price.
We hope that homemakerguide advice has helped you. Acquire chosen best mulching lawn mower that mulches grass according to the recommendations, use and care for them correctly. In this case, your beautiful lawn will always remain so.