- 1 Top 5 Best Nut Gatherers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Easy + Versatile - Holt's Nut Wizard Nut Picker Up Review
- 1.2 Lifetime Warranty: Most Durable - Garden Weasel Large Nut Gatherer Review
- 1.3 Easy To Use & Effective: Holt's Nut Wizard Medium Nut Wizard Review
- 1.4 Most Affordable: Corona Nut Collector Review
- 1.5 Perfect For Small Nuts: Garden Weasel Small Nut Gatherer Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The best nut gatherers
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Nut Gatherers: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Easy + Versatile - Holt's Nut Wizard Nut Picker Up Review
- For use with large fruits and nuts ( from 1.25-inch to 4-inch diameter ).
- Almonds, black walnuts, limes, lemons, oranges, apples, etc..
- Just roll over fruits and nuts, and the spring wire head traps them inside.
- For smaller items like acorns or crabapples, consider the smaller style.
- Includes dumper tool.
Lifetime Warranty: Most Durable - Garden Weasel Large Nut Gatherer Review
- SAVE TIME, EFFORT, AND YOUR BACK! – sometimes the simplest ideas are the Best. This durable and easy-to-use rolling tool picks up nuts and more, saving your time and body at a very affordable cost!
- PICK UP A VARIETY OF NUTS AND OBJECTS – the large nut gatherer pick up objects 1 ½“ to 3” in size such as walnuts, Sweet gum balls, Magnolia seed/flower heads and even small fruits. Capacity is approximately 1½ gallon. Does not pick up acorns or pecans.
- EASY TO OPERATE – To use, simply roll over any surface with back-and-force motion. Repeat until wire basket is at full capacity or area is cleared. To remove contents from basket, spread wires apart manually over bucket and shake to dislodge.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – includes carbon Steel welded construction, comfortable handle grip with storage hook, and evenly-spaced, heat-tempered wire cage that maintains shape during use.
- INCLUDES – we stand by our product. It’s weather resistant, Rust resistant, and stronger than ever, but incase that's not enough every Garden Weasel large nut gatherer also comes with a lifetime.
Easy To Use & Effective: Holt's Nut Wizard Medium Nut Wizard Review
- For nuts 3/4" to 4"
- For English Walnuts, Chestnuts, Red Oak, Buckeye, Large Pecans, Shotgun Shells, Golf Balls
- For larger items (black walnuts) consider larger style
Most Affordable: Corona Nut Collector Review
- Reduces time and effort in collecting tree nuts and seed Pods
- Simple rolling action easily picks up and gathers nuts
- Flexible spring-steel cage makes emptying quick and easy
- 48-In. Carbon Steel handle for a comfortable, long reach
- Basket Dimensions: 9.5 inch W. x 7 inch Dia
Perfect For Small Nuts: Garden Weasel Small Nut Gatherer Review
- SAVE TIME, EFFORT, AND YOUR BACK! – Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. This durable and easy-to-use rolling tool picks up nuts and more, saving your time and body at a very affordable cost!
- FOR A VARIETY OF NUTS AND OBJECTS – Picks up objects 3/8" to 3/4" in size such as small acorns, nuts, buckeyes, and similar sized objects
- EASY AND EFFORTLESS – To use, simply roll over any surface with a back-and-forth motion. Repeat until ½ gallon basket is full or area is cleared. No need to bend or apply unnecessary force!
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES – The Weasel Small Nut Gatherer has a comfortable handle grip with storage hook and an easy-to-use release lever for easy removal
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION AND WARRANTY – The Weasel Small Nut Gatherer has steel welded construction. It is weather resistant, rust resistant, and also comes with a lifetime warranty
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The best nut gatherers
How to choose the best nut gatherer
Choosing the right nut gatherer to use in your patio or garden may not be a life or death decision, but you shouldn’t take this issue lightly either. We’re talking about a tool that has a great potential of making your daily chores easier. But if you simply buy the first product you set eyes upon without studying its manufacturing process and features, your life may actually get harder, as you won’t achieve anything other than wasting some hard-earned money. So, before you start shopping for a rolling nut gatherer, here are some significant aspects you need to take into consideration.
Ideally, you should look for rolling nut harvesters that come with a dumping accessory. The design of the majority of these tools is simple and includes two major elements: a long handgrip and a wire cage. When picking up nuts, you need to place the wire cage on the ground, hold the prototype by its handgrip and roll it back and forth. The hard part comes when the wire cage fills up, and you need to empty it. Most pecan picker uppers on the market don’t come with a dumping accessory, so the user needs to spread the wires of the cage by hand. On the other hand, if your nut harvester includes an emptying tool, this will no longer be a problem, as this handy accessory will do all the work. So, if you want a device that can truly make your life easier, look for a tool that features a dumping accessory.
Type of nuts you want to collect
Before shopping, think of the kind of nuts that lie about in your yard. In general, it’s not very hard to find a product that does a good job as a pecan picker upper. The majority of rolling nut harvesters generally work for large nuts, like pecans or hickory nuts. The tricky part is when you need something that can also collect small-size nuts, like acorns. As a rule, a prototype that can do a good job for small nuts and other tiny items. In other words, pay attention to smaller gaps between the wires of the basket. If the gaps are too big, smaller nuts and objects will fall rapidly during your harvesting process. In general, nut picker uppers that can collect small nuts have a small basket capacity.
When buying this type of product, you should think about your long-term comfort above all else. Therefore, you should search for features such as ergonomic handgrip and flexibility. Furthermore, you want something reliable and sturdy, which can last for many years. For this purpose, look for rolling nut harvesters that feature a durable design, ideally made of steel, as this sort of product can also withstand rust and rough weather.
As you’ve probably noticed while reading our detailed shopping guide, most rolling nut gatherers today work more or less in the same way. This is exactly why purchasing a reliable product is tricky, because you need to look beyond appearances and examine the smaller details and characteristics. As we’ve pointed out, some of the most important features you need to take into account are sturdy design, basket capacity, ergonomics, flexibility as well as a dumping tool. Moreover, you should consider doing a little research on the exact types of nuts that your prospective rolling nut harvester can gather. Before you actually buy the device, it is vital to consider all of the criteria mentioned above. After all, the usability of the tool and your personal satisfaction with the product will depend on a variety of small details, making up a larger product. We hope you’ve found homemakerguide tips and tricks useful; now, it should be a lot easier for you to make a good acquisition. Buy now with no fear.