- 1 The 10 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights
- 1.1 Best Overall: Easy + Long-lasting - Brightech Ambience Pro Review
- 1.2 Bright and powerful: #1 Best Seller In Outdoor Step Lights - BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor Review
- 1.3 Smart Brightness Modes: Aootek New Upgraded Solar Lights Review
- 1.4 Automated switch: URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Review
- 1.5 Widest Angle Of Lighting: LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor Review
- 1.6 Fully Customizable Performance: JJC LED Security Lights Motion Sensor Review
- 1.7 Brightest Outdoor Floor Lights: SANSI LED Security Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights Review
- 1.8 High Sensitivity: ZOOKKI Solar Lights Outdoor Review
- 1.9 Single Head Wireless Design: Mr. Beams MB360XT-Brn-01-00 Review
- 2 The Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Verdict and Our Recommendation
The 10 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights
Best Overall: Easy + Long-lasting - Brightech Ambience Pro Review
This one is a solar motion sensor light outdoor. Installation of this equipment is a breeze, and you do not have to hunt for a power outlet. These string lamps can instantly add that Italian Bistro like vibe to a porch or even a gazebo. In the looks segment, this one scores high. Besides, it is waterproof. Therefore, you can install it outside the house without worrying about rain. This solar string is 27ft long with 12 light bulbs.
Why We Like It
- The bulbs do not heat up
- Just 6 hours of exposure to the sun allows the bulbs to glow up to 6 hours
- The extreme heat resistance makes this one safe to be hung outside even during the summers
- The cable and the insulation are durable
Bright and powerful: #1 Best Seller In Outdoor Step Lights - BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor Review
With this solar motion sensor light, outdoor lighting becomes easy and practical. It is a pack of 4 400LM lamps, each with 28 bright LEDs. These are PIR based movement-sensing lighting that needs 8 hours of exposure to sunlight for full charging. The amount of illumination and the coverage provided makes them suitable for the pathways or even the garage. There is an excellent 10ft range to detect movement. The accuracy of the sensors makes them suitable when you need a motion sensor security light.
WHy We Like It
- IP65 rated waterproof
- Installation is easy
- The durable build of the case makes this suitable to be outside all round the year bearing all weather extremities
- The compact size of the light makes it easy to use in difficult corners
Smart Brightness Modes: Aootek New Upgraded Solar Lights Review
This is a 4-piece pack of outdoor sensor lights with a wide lighting angle and a sturdy waterproof build. There are 3 modes on this one. The first mode is the conventional movement sensing mode, where the illumination turns on when detecting movement. The second is the always-on mode. The third is the intuitive smart brightness mode where the light stays on but gets brighter on detecting motion. The 180° wide angle combined with the brightness of the LEDs make just one of these products suitable for a large pathway.
Why We Like It
- It comes with a precise PIR sensor having a range of 26 feet
- The illumination stays on only 15 seconds and, therefore, helps save energy
- The monocrystalline silicon on the solar panel makes it efficient in charging even on cloudy days
- There is also a battery provided for backup
Automated switch: URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Review
These outdoor wireless motion sensor lights come with a solar panel for charging and a battery for emergencies when the panel is not charged. This outdoor motion sensor light switches on only during the night. There are key pins provided for activation of the illumination. The diamond design shields the LED panel from water and also directs the light downward. The lightweight and compact lamps are easy to install. The IP64 rated enclosure protects the illumination from water damage during rains.
- The automated switch works well, and motion-sensing happens only when it gets dark
- The tightly sealed casing makes this resilient to weather-related damage
- There are an excellent 3m and 120° of movement detection
- They quickly attain full charge within 6 to 8 hours of sunlight
- It is not the brightest movement activated light available
Widest Angle Of Lighting: LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor Review
The brightness and the vast coverage possible make these some of the best outdoor battery operated lights with solar charging capabilities. With 24 LEDs, this one also comes with 3 lighting modes like the one from Aootek on our list. The charging time is pretty quick on this one. There is a 30000 hours lifespan solar panel and LED, which makes this a long term investment for the security of the house. The illumination covers a good 8m range for motion detection and is quite sensitive.
- These are FCC certified products and therefore safe to use
- The coverage of 200 square feet is one of the best in the segment
- There is an energy management chip that makes this an efficient option
- The waterproof casing protects the LED panel as well as battery components from water damage
- The switch placement at the back is a downside
Fully Customizable Performance: JJC LED Security Lights Motion Sensor Review
For those who need bright led outdoor flood lights with plenty of customizability, including the range, brightness levels, and modes, this is a great choice. The robust design can stay in good shape in a temperature range of -4°F to 122°F. There is an infrared sensor with 180° wide movement detection. There are separate knobs for all the parameters that you can tune. The photocell provided makes it possible to activate movement-based lighting only when it gets dark. Overall, it is one of the best motion activated outdoor lights.
- It is IP65 rated and can secure the internal circuit from dust and rain
- The beam angle adjustment is easy thanks to the adjustable heads
- The direction of movement sensing can also be tuned easily
- Moving the light heads feels smooth, and they perfectly lock in place
- It is not very easy to install
These outdoor security lights with motion sensors come as a pack of 4 and are light in pricing. There is a single sensor for motion detection, and it always works like a charm. The sensor picks up movement up to 26 feet away from it, and this is good at the price point. Fully charging the lamp takes 7 hours. 3 hours of exposure is enough for the illumination to be ready to use at night.
- Installation is easy as this pack comes with all the hinges and the screws you need
- It has one of the most extended illumination durations
- There is the right amount of lighting you get from this one
- The single screw installation minimizes the damage on the wall
- The on/off trigger switch is positioned at the back, and so you have to remove the light to use the switch
Brightest Outdoor Floor Lights: SANSI LED Security Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights Review
Combining floodlighting and outdoor security motion lights, these come with the ability to detect motion up to 50ft and 180 degrees. Staying always on, on when the dark, motion-sensing based lighting is the 3 other modes available besides test mode. The sensitivity of the motion sensor, detection range, and the stand by time can all be adjusted based on your preferences using the respective knobs. This one also features a twin-head design with rotatable heads.
- The test mode helps check the sensor operation
- The accurate photocell prevents the illumination from turning on during the day
- The lighting is bright for the merely 36W power consumption
- Ceramic heat dissipation design helps prevent overheating even in the fully on mode
- Presence of other IR sources nearby can affect the accuracy of the motion sensor
High Sensitivity: ZOOKKI Solar Lights Outdoor Review
This outdoor led motion sensor light comes as a pack of 4 and can be used on the fences or even the driveway where there is direct sunlight. This one comes certified with multiple safety standards and is also consistent in its performance. The angle of coverage is not the best, but combining all 4 can help cover a large area. These solar lights deliver a conversion rate of up to 17% and charges completely in 8 hours. Installation is easy, and the working time on this one is 8hours.
- The ABS outer case is designed as a high-impact resistant, durable one
- It senses motion accurately for up to 26ft
- It delivers impressive photovoltaic efficiency and extended duration of use
- The LEDs are quite bright for the size
- The sensor is too sensitive, and the lack of sensitivity and range adjustment is a big drawback, therefore
Single Head Wireless Design: Mr. Beams MB360XT-Brn-01-00 Review
This is one of the best outdoor battery operated lights that can activate on sensing movement. It makes a great spotlight with its directed beam and 200lumens brightness. It comes with a weatherproof design, and therefore, you can use it outside. This kind of illumination works on batteries, and there is no need for solar charging. Therefore, if you need outdoor porch lights with a motion sensor for a shady porch, then this one works well.
- As it is wireless, it can be installed easily anywhere even in the shade or on tress
- The sensitive photocell and the auto-shutoff feature together help extend the battery life
- The use of D-cell batteries help reduce the frequency of battery change
- Even with multiple activations per day, the illumination works bright and clear for months together
- The motion-sensing direction and illumination brightness cannot be adjusted
The Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights Buyer’s Guide
How To Choose The Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights
Best led flood lights outdoor use with movement detection can combine the need for floodlight and security features like motion-sensing. If you are going through the best outdoor motion sensor lights 2020 options then here are a few things to look at:
- Battery operated ones are better for areas receiving little to no sunlight
- While choosing solar-powered lighting look for a longer lifespan
- For the regions where wiring is possible lamps with fancy features and plenty of customizations can be conveniently used
Remember a few factors when you choose the best motion sensing LED lights for outdoor use
- Range- Range of sensing determines the area that the single light will cover. Based on this you can decide on the number of lights you need to cover the intended location
- Brightness — measured in lumens this is very much like choosing the brightness for any other ordinary light. For the entryway or near the main door, you might need something that is bright enough for better visibility
- Source of power — as mentioned above, solar powered, wired and battery operated lights all have their own perks
With all these features make sure that the light has the ability to differentiate between night and day. This way the light would not unnecessarily stay on all day draining the battery.
Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights Types
- PIR — passive infra-red which is one of the most common options in outdoor lighting.
- Microwave — it is best suited to cover a large area but is also a relatively more choice.
- Tomographic — this advanced motion sensing technology can be used even to detect motion that is out of the line of sight.
- Ultrasonic — it makes use of the concept of transmitting high frequency sound. Movement of an object close by breaks the path of the high frequency waves and closes the circuit turning the light on.
- Combination — this is where two or more of the above mentioned technologies are blended. This gives a more accurate trigger for the light.
- Outdoor motion sensor light with alarm — where the light gets turned on while also triggering a warning alarm. This is suitable for use as a security light outdoor.
- Outdoor motion sensor light with camera — this is where the detection of motion triggers the light on and also records a video or takes a picture. This is again suitable for safety at the main door.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
We hope you have found the best motion sensor light for your home and yard due to our comprehensive review. However, let us introduce our pick – Brightech Ambience Pro – Waterproof LED Outdoor Solar String Lights. Our team of experts from homemakerguide.com has chosen this one thanks to its exceptional characteristics. It is safe, durable, and long-lasting. We do believe it is the best outdoor motion sensor lights 2020! We’d appreciate it if you leave your comments! Have you found a suitable product for yourself? What characteristics are you looking for in the best outdoor motion sensor lights?
If you are confused after reading these best outdoor security lights reviews, you are not alone. Many find the choices overwhelming. Here are the common questions answered to help clear your doubts