- 1 Top 10 Vacuums For Pet Hair: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Innovative Device - EyeVac Pet Touchless Stationary Vacuum for Pet Hair Review
- 1.2 Triple Level Filtration: Top Cordless Vacuum - BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum Review
- 1.3 Versatile: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Review
- 1.4 Great Pet Tools: BISSELL Cleanview Pet Bagless Vacuum Review
- 1.5 Fully Automatic: iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Review
- 1.6 Must Have For Dog Hair: Hoover Pet Max Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 1.7 Lightweight: Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.8 Excellent Suction Power: Hoover Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Powerful Suction for Pet Hair Review
- 1.9 Easy To Maneuver: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Review
- 1.10 Pet Turbo Brush: Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 2.1 Consider the Areas That You Will Be Cleaning
- 2.2 Your Home’s Flooring and Layout
- 2.3 Places You Can Use Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
- 2.4 Start of Pet breed You Have
- 2.5 Best Vacuums for hair types
- 3 Verdict And our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Vacuums For Pet Hair: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Innovative Device - EyeVac Pet Touchless Stationary Vacuum for Pet Hair Review
- Eye-vac pet stationary touchless vacuum is designed for use in households with pets, mobility concerns or any space that requires regular sweeping
- Simply sweep hair, dust, and debris up to the infrared sensors at the base of the unit for convenient, automatic suction into the easy-dump canister
- Cyclonic vacuum action with dual filtration works in tandem to clean debris both on the floor and in the air
- Always on" automatic activation (via infrared sensors) feature. Bagless canister volume: 6.5 qt. 1,400 watts
- Red status indicator light illuminates when bagless canister is full and ready to be emptied
Triple Level Filtration: Top Cordless Vacuum - BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum Review
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell will donate 5 dollars for each pet hair eraser Li Ion purchase, upon activation
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion battery
- 14V lithium ion battery for lithium powered cleaning; Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Litres
- Large, easy to empty dirt bin to help get rid of pet hair easily. Triple level filtration to help improve cleaning performance
- Set of specialized pet tools includes: Motorized brush tool, upholstery tool, and crevice tool
Versatile: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Review
- Surface type: Upholstery, auto, stairs; Power rating: 4 amperes
- Filtration: multi layer filtration, the Bissell hand vac uses the cyclonic cleaning system
- 16 feet power cord. Cleans stairs, upholstery and hard surfaces. Dirt cup capacity: 0.78 litre
- Specialized rubber Nozzle attracts hair and pulls out dirt on areas such as stairs and upholstery
- Includes two specially designed nozzles
Great Pet Tools: BISSELL Cleanview Pet Bagless Vacuum Review
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Dirt cup capacity - 1.0 liter. Triple action brush roll + scatter-free technology maximize pet hair removal – even if it’s embedded
- 27’ power cord automatically rewinds for quick and simple storage
- Swivel steering makes cleaning around furniture and obstacles a breeze
- Edge-to-edge cleaning feature reaches closer to walls and into corners with each pass
Fully Automatic: iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Review
- 3 Stage Cleaning system loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, and hair from hard floors and carpet
- Dual Multi Surface Brushes work together to grab dust, dirt, and large debris; The Auto Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean both carpets and hard floors
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of sensors intelligently navigate the robot under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Edge Sweeping Brush is specially designed at a 27 degree angle to sweep debris away from edges and corners
Must Have For Dog Hair: Hoover Pet Max Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- MULTI-FLOOR PERFORMANCE: delivers optimal results on carpets and hard floors with a brush roll On/Off switch
- 12FT. EXTENDED REACH: Go from carpets to ceilings with the Quick Release Wand, hose and tools
- PET TOOL KIT: Multi-purpose tools tackle dirt and pet hair on furniture, stairs and more
- ALLERGENBLOCK TECHNOLOGY: Captures 97% of pet dander, dust and pollen particles and blocks* them from re-entering the air
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Upright Vacuum, Pet Turbo Tool, Flexible Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool
Lightweight: Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Lightweight & Portable This 10 lbs Eureka PowerSpeed upright vacuum cleaner is easy to use and delivers a powerful deep clean
- Powerful Multi-surface Vacuum With 5 height adjustment settings this versatile vacuum can easily adapt between hard floor and deep carpet
- Extra-large Dust Cup With an easy empty 2 6L dust cup this bagless vacuum requires less frequent emptying for uninterrupted cleaning
- Great for Pet Owners Includes a pet turbo tool crevice tool dusting brush and upholstery tool that can all be stored on board for easy access and above floor cleaning
- Zero Maintenance Cost washable filters and bagless design make the PowerSpeed easy to maintain
Excellent Suction Power: Hoover Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Powerful Suction for Pet Hair Review
- HOOVER'S BEST CLEANING BAGLESS UPRIGHT VACUUM - Equip yourself with Hoover's most powerful vacuum to take on the everyday mess
- WINDTUNNEL 3 TECHNOLOGY - Three channels of suction create efficient air flow from the extra-wide nozzle to the large capacity dirt cup
- CARBON HEPA FILTRATION - Love your pet, not their smell with odor-absorbing filters. Dirt Cup Capacity - 1.42 Liters
- POWERFUL SUCTION - This unit is packed with 13 powerful cyclones for a no loss of suction deep clean
- ON/OFF BRUSH ROLL - Effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button. Cyclonic Action : Multi-Cyclonic
Easy To Maneuver: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Review
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful pet hair pick up in a lightweight and agile design
- Tangle-Free brush roll eliminates annoying hair wrap.Power Rating:7 Amps
- Hands-free empty with Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System means you no longer have to touch the yuck.
- Smart Seal Allergen System with optional Febreze filter traps dust and allergens while eliminating odors to freshen your home as you clean
Pet Turbo Brush: Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- LED Headlights: With the LED lights of this home vacuum, you'll get a better view to clean beneath furniture and the hard-to-see spots in your house. Dust cup capacity - 4.1 liters
- All-floor Vacuuming: The 5 height adjustment settings of this vacuum cleaner allow you to switch proper mode on hardwood floors, carpet and rug areas effortlessly.
- XL Dust Cup: The XL dust cup of the multi-surface vacuum holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying between uses.
- Wide Operation Reach: The 10-pound lightweight enable users to enjoy up to 8 feet of reach to clean hard-to-reach places like ceilings, the tops of furniture, under appliances and more.
- Accessories: Included The included pet turbo brush, 2-in-1 upholstery tool, flexible telescoping crevice tool and quick release handle help the users remove pet hair and hard-to-clean substances easily.Detachable handle
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
Consider the Areas That You Will Be Cleaning
The best part about using vacuums is that you can clean other dirt, even if it is not pet hair. For most, the pet hair cleaning function will be an additional feature.
People buy vacuums for various reasons. Some use them for cleaning sofas, car seats, carpets, and a lot more places. Some areas might need a lightweight and compact models, while others will need large vacuums. Some of the places might even need to use a little bit of both.
If you are going to clean the whole house, then you need to consider choosing a really powerful vacuum cleaner. They need to have a greater suction power so that cleaning is easy and fast. For only cleaning the car seats, having a smaller model is not an issue. Remember that you may have to store it in the car later on. Finding the best auto vacuum for pet hair is a matter of preference mostly.
Ask anyone who has tried to choose the best vacuum for pet hair, it is not always easy. You might find most people just choosing a general vacuum and using it for pet hair removal. It would help sometimes to have a handheld vacuum to help with removing localized hair deposits left by the pets.
How Big Is Space You’ll Be Vacuuming?
To find the best vacuum for pet hair, it is crucial to consider several factors and the space for vacuuming is one of them. You do not want to just pick any model and think it will work for the whole area. The model needs to have the capacity for clearing an area faster. You can be sure that not all models will be perfect for cleaning the living space.
Those who have a big house will always need to have a big volume vacuum. The aim is to have a model that can cover the ground faster and still gather the dirt in large capacities. It is not just about covering a large space, but you also want to reduce the cleaning time. If the model is too small for the job, it will take you longer to clean a big section.
Having a larger model also works well so that you do not have to keep emptying the bag or the dirt cup. You can be sure that such a model would take up a lot of space when it comes to storage. Those who have a smaller space such as apartments can consider using the smaller models. The apartments generally are suited to the smaller models.
Your Home’s Flooring and Layout
One thing is for sure, the houses out there will have different layouts. You always have to consider the flooring and layout before making the purchase. Starting with the floor type, you have to keep in mind what are some of the conditions for cleaning the floor. It could be a hard floor or the one covered by carpets and rugs.
Once you understand the cleaning technique, you will be able to select the best vacuum for pet hair and handle it properly. Not all vacuums would be perfect for hard floors and then be used to clean the seats. Having one that can clean several types of floors could be the best. You will not have to spend money on another model if you want to clean another place.
Now onto the layout. You need a model that will make cleaning easier and faster. Depending on the layout, you can always find a model that will work for you. Some models will be hard to maneuver into different locations. The best is when you can find a highly maneuverable model.
The layout will also affect the type of robotic vacuum you can choose. Most of the robot vacuums will be cleaning automatically without your input. It is possible that sometimes you will see it bumping into things. This might be because the layout does not allow for smooth cleaning. It could also be the fault of the mapping program of the model. So, you have to consider how the layout will affect the cleaning progress.
Places You Can Use Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
Carpets would benefit from choosing a model with more power and that can offer deeper cleaning. These are vacuums with the capability of lifting the embedded dirt that might have been in the carpet for a while. To make this happen, such models have powerful motors.
You will be going for the full-size models mostly if you want the carpet to be clean. Such models always have room for attachments. The work of attachments is to help you with choosing the right tool for the job. You can switch to a carpet tool anytime so that digging out the dirt from the carpet is easy.
A large tank is another thing you may want to consider. You do not want to keep emptying the vacuum after every few inches of cleaning. The larger capacity models will always work in such scenarios to help you clean the carpets faster than ever.
Look at the power cord hose if you are going to choose a model that only works with the power cord. It should be long enough.
Of course, the type of flooring will always play an important role when it comes to choosing the best vacuum for pet hair. Floors such as wooden, tiled or hardwood, they all need to have a gentle touch if they are to last longer. The vacuum cleaners used to clean such surfaces have to do it right so as not to leave scratches.
Most of the vacuums for such a job will have soft brush heads that can glide over the surface smoothly. These brushes will pick up the debris and dirt as they move along. It is the reason you can find models with the option of switching from carpet mode to hard floor mode.
Curtains and Upholstery
If you live with pets, then you are bound to clean upholstery at some point. You need to pick the best models when it comes to cleaning upholstery and curtains based on their performance. For many models, they will have specialized heads for cleaning these two areas.
Check the product description first before you buy. Make sure to check if the model will work great for cleaning upholstery.
Car interiors are also bound to get dirty at some point. This could be because of pets or other things. For the car, you need to find a handheld vacuum cleaner. It will remove all the dirt with ease as compared to a full-size model.
It would also be better if you get a battery-powered model. If not, it should have an adapter to use the car battery power. A crevice tool could come in handy when using such a model. Such a tool allows for cleaning deep in the car crevices with ease to remove all the dirt and hair.
Start of Pet breed You Have
As part of buying the next best pet hair vacuum, there is a need to consider the type of pet you have in the house. Several studies show that some cats and dogs shed more than others do. Some might leave long hair while others small. If it is small hair, then you need a vacuum that can easily pick up such hair.
Remember that all these pets can shed at different times. It will be important that you understand the shedding of your pet so as to use the vacuum to clean as fast as possible. So, what are some of the breeds that shed a lot? For dogs, here are the breeds that shed a lot:
- Chow Chow
- Saint Bernard
- Border Collie
- German Shepherd and more
As for the cats, here are some breeds that shed a lot:
- American Bobtail
- Russian Blue
- Norwegian Forest
One thing is also for sure, the pets do not like the vacuuming sound. You might have to calm them down if they get frantic because of the vacuum noise.
Best Vacuums for hair types
Corded Vs Cordless Pet Vacuum
If you check out the market right now, you will have to choose between corded and cordless pet vacuums. Each one of them has amazing features to offer, but at the end of the day, you have to make up your mind.
Corded vacuums are popular and have been around for years. Most people love them for having superior suction power. This is mostly due to the powerful motors they have. These motors need more power to run and that is not a problem with a constant connection to a power outlet. This is unlike the cordless models that have to rely on battery power.
The functionality of any corded vacuum will always make a person feel like it is a better value. Most of the corded models will have more functions packed into one device. You can easily switch from one to another since the power supply is not an issue. Things can be different from the cordless model. As much as the manufacturer would love to give it more functions, they are curtailed by the amount of power available.
The dust capacity is another important feature that can drive someone to pick a corded model. They often have a better capacity as compared to the cordless models. Since you will not have to keep emptying it, you can have a good time using it.
One of the major restrictions of using the corded models is the power cord itself. If you get a model with a short power cord, then you will always be limited.
The cordless vacuums also come with several perks you can enjoy. The common one is that they are lightweight and portable. The main aim of making them cordless is to ensure portability. You can always reach various corners of the house or the car without worrying about the cable. They are also lightweight so using them anywhere will not be an issue.
You will not have to worry about tripping over the cable. The same goes for tangling too. No more worries that you will have to deal with tangled cables each time you have to use the vacuum.
Upright Vs Canister Pet Vacuum
When it comes to choosing between upright and canister models, it might be challenging for some people. They all seem to have the same performance but with a bit of structural difference. The upright model would always be great for working on large areas. You can often find them being used in hallways or on large open area carpets.
Since the upright vacuum will always keep the whole vacuum in front of you, chances of tripping over it are slim. This is not the same with the canister model as you have to move away from the canister at some point.
Many comparisons show that the upright vacuum cleaner has more capacity to hold larger bags. This is important for anyone who has to vacuum a large area. You do not want to keep changing the bag or emptying the canister all the time.
This does not mean that the upright models do not have shortcomings. You will mostly find them having a short hose. This is not good when it comes to covering a large area away from an electrical outlet. You might have to use a power outlet extension to operate the model.
Onto the canister models. They are famously good for having the best suction power important for cleaning the carpets. Its flexible hose is another thing that makes it popular. You can clean several areas without moving the canister thanks to the flexible hose. Many people find it to be a good model for easy pushing. This is largely due to the fact that the canister models are lightweight.
If you have to vacuum the stairs, then the canister model would be great for removing pet hair. You might even get the model with a specialty tool to help with the process.
The common con to having a canister model is the way you have to keep dragging the canister all the time. This makes some people feel it takes a toll on you at some point. Such models also often come with small wheels. This makes it hard to push them around on certain floors.
Bag Vs Bagless Pet Hair Vacuum
The question of having a bag or no bag is quite common. Many would not know what is good for them until they do a bit of research on these two. Starting with a bag pet hoover, it is expected to have more hygiene as compared to the other. This means that all the dirt, grime, and pet hair is stored in an airtight container in your best vacuum for pet hair. It will not be able to come out. This makes such a model great for those who have cases of asthma.
Another reason people go for the bag pet hoover is that disposing of is easy. Once the bag is full, all you need to do is remove the bag from the vacuum and throw it away. You will not have to worry that the dust from the canister will be blown into your face.
As much as the bag vacuum would be great for some scenarios, it is always expensive to maintain. Buying the bags each time you have to use the vacuum racks up the cost with time. Also, when the bag is almost full, you will end up with decreased suction. This makes the model less effective at its job.
Well, the cons of the bag pet hoover are likely to be the pros of a bagless pet hoover. For the bagless models, you will not have to worry about the bags. No need to spend your money on buying new bags each time you have to use the vacuum.
Instead of a bag, you will get a clear canister. The transparent canister makes it easy for you to see the level of dirt in the vacuum. You will know when you have to empty the canister and proceed with vacuuming. Finding the best canister vacuum for pet hair is a tough job.
In general, you will find maintaining the bagless models easier. You will always get to empty it in time to avoid cases of poor performance in suction.
The con of using bagless models would be that it can be messy when it comes to emptying. If not done well, the dust from the canister can blow into your face.
Handheld Pet Vacuum
People who go for the handheld pet vacuums are looking for a portable model. Well, that is what you get as such models are small and lightweight. They are smaller than half the size of their larger counterparts. Do not mistake their size with performance. They are equally good when it comes to performance.
Their functionalities make them good for quick cleanups. If you have to deal with dirt in a small area, then no need to pull out the big guns. Using the handheld models could make it faster and easier.
With the compact size, storage is not going to be a problem. You can always store them in tight places only to retrieve when it is needed.
As much as they have many benefits, a few cons make people think twice about picking them. The handheld pet vacuums have a limited capacity.
It is not just the capacity, as the model could also be limited in power. With low power, you could not possibly use it for cleaning large areas or embedded dirt. It should still be good for removing pet hair as that is not tough dirt.
Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
This is the most progressive type of the best vacuum for pet hair. With the advancement in technology, there is no doubt this was bound to happen. Having a robot vacuum for pet hair is now another dream that came true. Such vacuum types have been around for years now. It all comes down to if people can use them. Well, many are already using them as they are less noisy. You cannot even start to compare such models with the traditional vacuums. Less noise is what people desire today.
The robot vacuums could be great for cleaning pet hair thanks to the automation. You can have it clean the area that the pet frequents regularly. Even when you are at work, it can automatically get out of its charging station and start cleaning. This should save you time that you would have spent on cleaning the pet hair when you get back. The hands-free option makes more people feel comfortable using such a model. You do not have to be around it for it to work. There is no doubt many people feel comfortable using it.
That being said, the initial cost is often enough to scare people away. They can often be expensive and out of reach for most users. The worst is that they will work great only on level surfaces. You can easily rule out using the model for cleaning the stairs.
Verdict And our recommendation for 2020
If you had questions about the best pet vacuum, you should have your answers by now. The comprehensive buying guide takes you further on a journey for you to understand how to buy the best model. Keeping in mind all the considerations, you will always end up with a model that suits your cleaning needs.
Cleaning pet hair might not be the easiest job to do, but now you have a chance to change that. It all comes down to what type of pet vacuum you choose. The best vacuum for pet hair will always make your job easier. This is because it comes with all the right mechanisms important for cleaning the pet hair. It is not just about cleaning pet hair but also handling any other cleaning needs you might have in mind.
Many who have used the pet hair vacuums before agree it is a hassle-free process. You will not have to worry about using other ineffective methods. The best part is when you use the robot vacuums. They can easily clean the area even without you getting involved directly.
All the top-rated vacuums for pet hair mentioned above by homemakerguide experts will always find a buyer. It all depends on your buying considerations. Think about the amount of space you have to clean and the type of surface. These two help you to understand which models would work the best. Of course, you might also have to think about the price. Make sure to give yourself a flexible budget so that you can always get the best thing for your money.