- 1 Top 10 Best Side Sleeper Pillows: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Premium Material - Meoflaw Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.2 Adjustable Firmness: Superior Quality - WonderSleep Premium Adjustable Loft Review
- 1.3 Easiest To Care: Adjustable Firmness: SORMAG Bed Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.4 Dynamic Foam: UTTU Sandwich Pillow Review
- 1.5 Responds To Body Temperature: Dreaming Wapiti Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 1.6 Orthopedic Pillow: EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow Review
- 1.7 Hypoallergenic: DreamNorth PREMIUM Gel Pillow Review
- 1.8 Head & Neck Support: Milemont Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review
- 1.9 Award Winning Pillow: Xtreme Comforts Pillow for Sleeping Review
- 1.10 Quilted Design: Utopia Bedding Gusseted Quilted Pillow Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
- 2.1 Pros and Cons of Side Sleeper Pillows
- 2.2 How To Choose The Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
- 2.3 Best Pillows For Side Sleepers Types
- 2.4 Pillow For Side Sleepers Maintenance Tips
- 2.5 Online shopping tips when choosing the best pillow for side sleepers
- 3 Verdict And Our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Side Sleeper Pillows: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Premium Material - Meoflaw Pillows for Sleeping Review
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT ComfyComfy buckwheat pillows provide superior support of your body for restful sleep. Once you mold the hulls into the correct position for your body, your head and neck will be kept in an ergonomic position.
- CUSTOMIZABLE TO FIT YOUR BODY. Our pillows will mold and arrange to perfectly fit your unique body. An invisible zipper allows buckwheat hulls to be removed for a looser pillow, or added for a firmer pillow.
- BREATHABLE FOR COOL SLEEPING The 3D structure of buckwheat hulls do not compact and allows air to flow throughout the pillow. Air flow will help keep your head cool on warm nights and dispel any moisture from your head and pillow.
- MADE IN THE USA The buckwheat hulls in all ComfyComfy pillows are grown in the USA, and are air cleaned without the use of fumigants. Made with durable organic cotton twill grown and woven in the USA. Handmade in the USA by a family business - International shipping available
- TRADITIONAL SIZE PILLOW Measures 14" x 21." Filled with 4 lbs USA-grown buckwheat hulls, plus 1 lbs extra to customize your pillow.
Adjustable Firmness: Superior Quality - WonderSleep Premium Adjustable Loft Review
- [SET OF 2 PILLOWS] Adjusted Comfort - Wondersleep’s pillow features shredded memory foam filling that provides therapeutic relief for all sleepers. Add and/or remove foam filling to find the perfect comfort level and enjoy a personalized sleep experience.
- Safe and Sound - Featuring premium fabric to ensure your pillow stays cool and luxurious through the night. The pillow is made from 100% shredded memory foam, providing personalized support to your head, neck and shoulders, relieving pain and enhancing your sleep.
- Quality Materials - The pillow is wrapped in a breathable cover made up of 40% Viscose Rayon (via Bamboo) and 60% Polyester. It is dust resistant to provide users with undisturbed slumber. Also, the zippered cover and pillow are both machine washable.
- Easy to Use - To decrease firmness of pillow, remove foam filling and adjust to your sleeping comfort. To increase firmness of pillow, add additional foam filling OR fluff pillow and redistribute the filling.
- Limited 1 Year Warranty - Includes guaranteed one year warranty for your pillow from WonderSleep to protect against defects.
Easiest To Care: Adjustable Firmness: SORMAG Bed Pillows for Sleeping Review
- Scientific ergonomic pillow. With about 156 3D pillows, by balancing the head, neck and shoulder support, the three-point curve forms a wonderful support that protects your cervical spine, promoting and extending your sleep time.
- Germany imports fillers. 30% 2.5D high quality fiber + 70% 7D high quality fiber.Gold proportions, the most suitable filler for Americans
- 5 seconds fast rebound, the fiber contains trace molecules, which will produce a special fluffy effect. Long-term use remains supportive
- Machine washable, easy to care, after 100 wash experiments, the filling remains fluffy
- What You Get:If you have any dissatisfaction with your pillows, please contact us, 2 years of friendly customer service
Dynamic Foam: UTTU Sandwich Pillow Review
- ADJUSTABLE LOFT - The pillow is 4.7in (high contour) and 3.9in (low contour) originally, remove the middle memory foam layer you get 3.5in (high contour) and 2.8in (low contour).
- PRESSURE RELIEF - Made with UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, which conforms to the natural curve of your body and supports your head and neck to ensure comfort.
- NEVER BECOMES HARD - We used UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, which never gets hard in cold weather. Unlike most memory foams on the market, it remains consistent firmness and comfortable feel all year.
- BAMBOO COVER -60% polyester and 40% bamboo made cover, COOLING PILLOW, provides a cool night's sleep. Fully removable and MACHINE WASHABLE for easy cleaning care.
- ITEM DIMENSIONS - 23.6"×14"×4.7"/3.9", for different sleeping postures like back side and stomach sleeping.
Responds To Body Temperature: Dreaming Wapiti Pillows for Sleeping Review
- 2 PACK QUEEN SIZE: 18*28 in , Filling is 100% premium shredded memory foam. Washable pillow cover with 60% Polyester, 40% Rayon Derived from Bamboo. We add bamboo fiber to the fabric, make it more softer, stay breathable, and dry.
- FOR YOUR COMFORT: Adjustable pillow fit your unique sleeping, simply open the zipper, by adding or removing foam to find the perfect comfort-for all sleep positions . Unique quilting design, better support the neck. High quality core filling, good resilience, not easy to deform.
- Upgrade package: We update the package, which is easy to open and store The seal design protects the elasticity of the shredded memory foam better and does not become flat and damp caused by warehouse. There is also a small handle on the package, which is easy to carry and is the nice choice for gift .
- EASY TO CLEAN: With the advantage of shredded memory foam, say goodbye to put the entire pillow into your washing machine, we add the soft removable cover, all you need to do is to wash the cover and take the inner pillow out to let the shredded memory foam ventilate.
- What We Provide: We offer 365 night's trial . If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, our customer service staff will reply you within 24 hours.
Orthopedic Pillow: EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow Review
- UXURY SLEEPING PILLOW - Provides therapeutic relief for all sleepers and neck pain, you will wake up feeling fully recharged and ready to take the day. Its premium fabric to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- ERGONOMIC - Proven contour design perfectly supports and aligns your head, neck, shoulder and back. You will fall asleep faster and deeper. It is possible for you to experience some discomfort during the first two weeks while your body is trying to adjust to the correct position. Try it for a new level of comfort whether you are back sleeper, stomach sleeper or side sleeper.
- QUALITY MATERIAL - Breathable memory form provides better air circulation to keep you cool and dry. Our hypoallergenic rayon/polyester proprietary blend pillow case feels silky soft.
- SAFETY - All material are chemical free for better health.
- 100% WORRY FREE - We are so confident in the quality of our pillow and we offer 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with it for any reason, just contact us to return the product for a full refund.
Hypoallergenic: DreamNorth PREMIUM Gel Pillow Review
- LUXURIOUS - Surround yourself with the DreamNorth Cotton Pillows for a better night's rest. The perfect balance between fluffy and firmness to provide the most comfortable sleeping experience.
- REST EASY - Rest your head on these high-quality pillows knowing you can go to sleep in pure comfort and relaxation. The filling of the pillow is made from poly gel-filled fiber to ensure maximum comfort for all sleeping position.
- BREATHABLE COTTON - The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton fabric material to stay soft, breathable, and dry. Machine washable capabilities enables maintenance of its reusability and fresh appearance.
- HYPO-ALLERGENIC - Allergen and chemical free material looks out for the health and wellbeing of our users. Great for individuals with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory difficulties.
- WARRANTY - We offer a guaranteed one year warranty to protect your pillows against manufacturer defects.
Head & Neck Support: Milemont Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review
- Premium Luxury Comfort - Offering hotel-quality softness, our breathable shredded foam pillows are designed to align to your neck, spine and upper body. Whether you are a side sleeper, a stomach sleeper, or if you just need an extra firm pillow, our comfy pillow will fit your style of sleeping.
- Head & Neck Support - The Milemont pillow contains memory foam and has the option to be very firm which is great for providing neck and shoulder pain relief. The firmness allows the head and neck to remain aligned with the spine once it has conformed to the memory foam.
- Filled CertiPur-US Certified Foam -Don’t lose another night’s sleep worrying about your pillow and what it could be doing to harm your family, your home, and the planet. Make the switch today to the CertiPUR-US foam products Milemont has to offer, and enjoy an affordable, greener pillow option for your family.
- Breathable and Comfortable Pillow Cover - The Pillow Cover is made from 49%Polyester+51%Ployethylenewhich is breathable and comfortable. We use fresh memory foam so it would have some smell but please don't worry, it's environmentally friendly and harmless.
- A Great Gift - Perfect packaging, give the gift of the pillow to people you care about. The unpacked fresh new odor will dissipate within 2 hours from when the foam is unpacked and aired out..
Award Winning Pillow: Xtreme Comforts Pillow for Sleeping Review
- AWARD WINNING---WIRECUTTER TOP PICK 3 YRS an independent review organization. --MADE IN THE USA - FULLY ADJUSTABLE – IDEAL FOR ALL SLEEP POSITIONS. BACK, SIDE, STOMACH. The NEW inner zipper allows you to ADJUST THE PILLOW THICKNESS to make it a perfect fit for YOU. - Whether you like it fluffy, flat or in the middle, simply open the zipper & remove some fill to have it your way. - FALL ASLEEP FAST and SLEEP BETTER than you ever have before!
- OUR MEMORY FOAM PILLOWS USE ONLY CertiPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM & MEET STRINGENT STANDARDS for content, emissions & durability. They are analyzed by independent, accredited testing labs. – SLEEP RESTFULLY knowing that our pillows for sleeping have NO ozone depleters, TCEP flame retardants, TDCPP, PBDEs, lead, mercury, and heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, or CFCs – This assures you and your family are using a HEALTHY AND SAFE PRODUCT especially for those during pregnancy.
- ULTRA DELUXE PREMIUM QUALITY SHREDDED MEMORY FOAM will not become lumpy or go flat. It remains uniform in density, CONFORMING TO YOUR PERSONAL HEAD & NECK CONTOUR for a perfect nights sleep & returns to shape, night after night, – Because the foam is shredded, you can maneuver & mold your pillow so that it is comfortable for back stomach & side sleepers. – Promotes PROPER BACK, NECK & SPINE ALIGNMENT. Help BACK & NECK PAIN, TOSSING & TURNING, Insomnia, Migraines, Snoring and ORTHOPEDIC PROBLEMS.
- MICRO-VENTED KOOL-FLOW TECHNOLOGY BAMBOO COVER is soft as a cloud & provides superior air circulation and breathability while regulating temperature to KEEP THE PILLOW SURFACE COOL for the best sleep ever! No more sweaty faces - Experience extreme comfort with our memory foam pillow
- HYPOALLERGENIC – DUST MITE RESISTANT – MACHINE WASHABLE - Allergy sufferers no longer need to compromise comfort! Now you can have a memory foam pillow that is clean all the way through! – YOU & YOUR FAMILY DESERVE THE BEST BED PILLOWS! – Our pillows are BUILT FOR COMFORT, SUPPORT & DURABILITY!
Quilted Design: Utopia Bedding Gusseted Quilted Pillow Review
- GUSSET PILLOW PACK - Pack of 2 white gusset pillows with a blue piping and double stitching that gives a stylish look to the pillows and also enhances durability
- DIMENSIONS - Each queen size pillow measures 18 x 26 inches
- MEDIUM-FIRM BLEND FILLING - The medium-firm blend filling and the top quality material ensures a long night's sleep without any interruptions
- IDEAL CHOICE - An ideal choice for side, stomach and back sleepers as these pillows are highly versatile at work and offer maximum comfort for any sleeping position
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS - Recommended to dry-clean only to give a prolonged life to the pillows
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
For side sleepers, quality support pillows can make all the difference between a good morning and a not so good one. Even though this is one of the most common sleeping positions, this type of sleeping habit is also associated with a stiff neck and sore muscles after a night’s sleep. On the other hand, picking the right pillow can prevent back and neck pain — or eliminate it if you are already experiencing this issue. So, read through our shopping guide to choose a one of a kind, a perfect pillow to enjoy undisturbed sleep.
Pros and Cons of Side Sleeper Pillows
- Solid support for your neck and head Great support pillows, side sleeper models are designed to alleviate neck pain and sore muscles in the morning. They help to prevent potential damage to your health and posture, which is the main reason to consider these models.
- A range of materials to choose from
- Side sleep pillows come in many different materials, from natural down and feather to synthetic gel and memory foam. In other words, your range of options will not be limited.
- Possibility to customise certain pillows This usually goes for buckwheat sleep pillows, which often come with some extra filing for those who prefer their pillows a bit thicker. Other models vary mostly in size.
- Generally, low maintenance This, of course, will depend on the type of pillow you choose, or, to be more precise, pillow material. With an exception of memory foam, though, most models are simple to maintain and take care of.
- Not always affordable Once again, this will depend of the type of support pillow you choose. While buckwheat and feather are usually cheap, memory foam and gel fiber are not.
- Not suitable for stomach sleepers There is no such thing as the perfect pillow for all sleeping habits. This type, in particular, is a horrible choice for people who prefer to sleep on their stomach.
- Synthetic pillows may emit chemical smell While firm memory foam or an iso cool side sleeper pillow is a solid investment in your health and posture, these synthetic fillings often come with a chemical smell.
- Natural pillows may cause allergies Natural models, on the other hand, have some potential for an allergic reaction. Even though this hardly ever happens with buckwheat pillows, down and feather models may trigger allergies. In fact, the even lower quality synthetic filling may appear allergenic.
How To Choose The Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
This one is pretty simple — a basic rectangular pillow in three basic US sizes. If for example, you like keeping one of your hands wrapped around the pillow, no need to look any further — this model can offer everything you are looking for.
This pillow is, indeed, a roll. The curricular shape is designed specifically for those people who already suffer from neck pain in the morning. Night after night, it will keep alleviating the symptoms until this magic pillow eliminates the pain entirely.
One of the most popular types of memory foam pillows, a contour model comes with a cradle for your neck. This, in its turn, ensures solid spine and neck support during the night. The pillow also features a dent in the middle, so if you sometimes turn to your back, this is a great choice for you.
Egg crate is basically another type of contour pillow. The only difference is that this model comes with small, egg-like crates that are designed to ensure faster, easier ventilation. Do not forget that many synthetic pillows get hotter when you sleep. Egg crate model, on the other hand, significantly alleviates the issue.
This one is a more of an addition to a standard pillow rather than an independent piece. Shape specifics make this model a nice fit for side-sleepers who do not mind turning to their stomach once in a while.
Another popular type, widely adopted by different customers, wedge shape is a must for people who prefer keeping their head a bit elevated. Designed for those who sleep on their side, the model quickly became popular among people with slow blood circulation and pregnant women looking for some extra support for their growing tummies.
If you choose to go with a classic, rectangular or square pillow, the next aspect to consider is the size. Similar to the filling type, different sizes can accommodate different sleeping habits.
- Standard pillow (20”x26”): one of the best choices for side sleepers who love their pillows compact, standard pillow size is one of the lightest and the most affordable models out there — regardless of the filing type.
- Queen pillows (20“ x 30“): this rectangular pillow is a bit larger and offers some extra comfort for those who sleep on their side. Plus, it ensures proper spine support.
- King pillows (20“ x 36“): king-sized pillows are suitable for every sleeping habit, and their extra size accounts for supreme comfort and relaxation at night.
- Euro Pillows (26” x 26”): perhaps, not the best choice if you sleep on the side, this model is the best fit for those who love sleeping on the back and even the stomach.
Best Pillows For Side Sleepers Types
There are plenty of filling materials out there, and many of them can make your night sound and mornings relaxing. All in all, filling type is one of the first things to consider while searching for the best pillows for side sleepers.
One of the most common examples of a good side sleeper pillow, feather model is neither too firm, nor too soft. Usually mixed with down (fluffy substance between bird skin and feathers), these pillows are available in different firmness levels. The higher the feather percentage, the firmer the pillow will be.
U-shaped pregnancy pillow
An even greater example that ensures perfect support for your sore areas, U-shaped pregnancy pillow might be more beneficial than a C-shaped body pillow because it does not require repositioning during the night. In other words, if you need to turn around, you just do — and enjoy the same solid support for your back and tummy. On the whole, this is a perfect model for mommies who sleep in their side and change their position at night.
This model, on the other hand, is not so good for side sleeping. Sure, a lot will depend on the fill power, but on the whole, most down pillows are too soft for those who prefer sleeping on their side. Plus, they get flat really quick and require constant fluffing.
This is not a bad example of a pillow for side sleepers, but a lot will depend on the exact material. Polyester and gel fiber are usually a nice choice that can adjust to the shape of your body and ensure proper neck support. Other synthetic materials (expect memory foam) do not have much of product life, though.
Memory foam pillows
Another crucial aspect to focus on while looking for the best pregnancy pillows is the filling. The subdivision below will help you figure out the best material not only your full-body support pillows but also the right filling type for your traditional, standard ‘head’ pillows.
A great choice for everyone who favors an extra firm pillow, latex is a rather expensive material that is 100% natural. All in all, it reminds of a rubber and can be an amazing choice for everyone who sleeps both on one’s side and one’s back. These pillows are indeed a must for back sleepers, but a lot of side sleepers enjoy using them as well.
Micro bead pillows
Another solid example of a quality model for those who sleep on their side, microbead is a quality synthetic material that lasts long and can ensure quality support. They are usually flat, but some models come with an extra filling that can make the pillow thicker.
This pillow for side sleepers reminds of a microbead filling but is one hundred percent natural. Once again, buckwheat pillows are usually low and a bit flat, but they can be filled with more buckwheat if you like.
This type of pillow reminds of a down model, which is why it should not be the top choice for those who sleep on their side. However, kapok is also a much denser material, which is why these models are thicker than down & feather counterparts and do not need that much fluffing.
Another solid choice for those who love versatility, water pillows can adjust to your body shape. And, you can also adjust water pillows to your needs! After all, you are the one determining the fill power and the density here, so you can fill and re-fill them as often as you like.
Pillow For Side Sleepers Maintenance Tips
Sure, finding the best model to your liking is very important; but, making sure it lasts a long time should not be neglected either. So, make a note of some simple maintenance tips that will ensure the new pillow serves you a lifetime:
- Covers as a protective measure: for starters, never underestimate the importance of a quality pillow cover. In fact, consider going with a piece that has an extra cover in a set. This way, you will use the spare piece while the first one dries off after washing.
- Feather and down pillow cleaning tips: if you choose either feather or down pillow, you can both dry clean and machine wash them. If you wash pillows at home, use little detergent, stick to non-abrasive soaps and make sure you dry them at very low temperatures.
- Foam and synthetic pillows: most of these pillows are not machine washable, so you have to double-check care recommendations for each particular model. However, many memory foam pillows can be rinsed with water or even sprinkled with soda to alleviate chemical smell.
- Other (microbead, kapok, buckwheat): once again, a lot will depend on the exact filling type you choose, so always consult the manufacturer before cleaning. With buckwheat pillows, for example, only the case can be washed, so you will have to remove the filling before machine washing. Microbead, on the other hand, is usually machine washable. Kapok pillows, once again, will be harmed by a washing machine.
Online shopping tips when choosing the best pillow for side sleepers
If you know exactly what kind of pillow you are looking for, try sticking to licensed stores and reputable brands. Sure, popular brands charge extra for their name; on the other hand, you can stay certain you are investing in a quality product that will not require replacement any time soon.
Verdict And Our recommendation for 2020
By now, with homemakerguide experts reviews, you already know what a good side sleeper pillow should look and feel like. The only thing left is to hit the stores looking for that perfect piece. And here are the main highlights of the article you should keep in mind. First off, pillows are available in different materials, and plenty of them can accommodate side sleepers. All fillings, like memory foam, natural down, feather, and buckwheat have their perks. On the whole, Meoflaw Pillows for Sleeping with gel filling is the best one. It has top balance between soft and support, so it can suit most people. All in all as long as the model you buy is relatively firm and is quick to adjust to your body shape, stay assured — you have found the right pillow!