Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Polarized Safety Glasses: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: KleenGuard Review
- These KleenGuard Nemesis Safety Glasses (safety sunglasses) have a black frame and blue mirror lenses: The smoke tint sunglass with outer blue mirror finish coating is ideal for outdoor use where sunlight can cause eyestrain and fatigue
- KleenGuard Nemesis Blue Mirror Safety Glasses feature a sporty, flexible, lightweight design that your employees will be happy to wear; they have a stylish, sporty look and feel
- 12 pairs / case. Meets ANSI Z87.1+ standards for personal eye protection.
- Polycarbonate lenses provide 99.9% UVA/ UVB/UVC protection
- Patented FLEX-DRY* designed to be extremely flexible, to channel sweat away from the eyes, and to help prevent slippage down the nose - all for long-term comfort
Gunmetal Frame: KLEENGUARD V30 Review
- Jackson Safety Nemesis Polarized Safety Glasses feature a sporty, flexible, lightweight design
- Jackson Safety Nemesis Polarized Safety Glasses feature tinted (smoke) lenses that are polarized for optical clarity and help reduce the glare of reflected light, eye stress, and eye fatigue, and are suitable for performing tasks in sunlight
- Give your team comfortable eye protection: Nemesis V30 features soft touch temples, single lens wraparound protection, and an included neck cord
- Meets ANSI Z87.1plus standards for impact protection
- These Jackson Safety safety glasses offer 99.9 percentage UV protection (UVA / UVB / UVC) and EN166 7.3.1 “K” rating for scratch resistance
Ultra Lightweight: SUNGAIT Review
- Polarized sunglasses - 100% Protection Against Harmful UVA/UVB & UVC Rays
- Fashion Metal Frame - Lightweight and Strong rectangular polarized sunglasses
- Lens Height: 42 mm (1.65 inches) | Lens Width: 62 mm (2.42 inches) | Nose Bridge: 16 mm (0.63 inches) | Temple Length: 135 mm (5.31 inches) | Frame Length: 144 mm (5.67 inches)
- Includes: 1*Cleaning cloth, 1*Sunglasses pouch and 1* Mini Screwdriver
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty and Money Back Guarantee. A perfect Father's Day gift.
Scratch Resistant: NoCry Review
- The NoCry Safety Sunglasses keep your eyes safe from direct and peripheral threats, thanks to the strong and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction. Bonus: they also protect your eyes from 90-100% of harmful UV radiation.
- The curved 5in temple arms can be extended and angled, while the non-slip tips and soft rubber nose piece allow for custom fit and comfort. The 6in frame width will fit any face type or head size - men, women and youth.
- The green tinted lenses provide you total glare protection for clear visibility, no optical distortion or light blindness both outdoors and indoors. Make sure to clean and store your glasses properly to preserve their scratch resistant abilities - we've sneaked some tips in the package.
- Designed for playing outdoor sports, cycling, running, driving, fishing and hunting, metal and construction work, work under bright lights indoors or at a shooting range (always double-check the safety requirements of your local shooting range) - anything you'd need PPE eyewear for.
- If your safety sunglasses don’t perform as they should or simply aren’t for you, let us know, and we'll send you a free replacement or issue a quick refund.
Unbreakable Frame: RIVBOS Review
- High Grade SWITZERLAND TR90 Material Frame: Super Lightweight, Stylish and Durable; Dimension-Lens height:40 mm (1.57 inches); lens width:64mm (2.52 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:30 mm ( 1.18 inches); frame length:140 mm (5.51 inches).
- TAC Polarized and Mirror Coating Lens- Offer 100% UVA&UVB Protection against the sunlight filtering 100% of all UVA/UVB/UVC and Harmful Blue Light Up to 400nm.Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly.
- Package & Accessories: Each RIVBOS Sunglasses are Packed in Hard Protection Portable Case and Color Box, Pouch/Strap/Cleaning Cloth act. included.
UV Protection: DUCO Review
- 【TAC Polarized Lens】 UV400 Protection Coating blocks 100% of harmful UVA & UVB rays. Visually restores true color, eliminates reflected or scattered light. TAC polarized triacetate lenses are impact and scratch resistant, lightweight and durable! See the related video shorts under Product Description of a lens being hit with a hammer!
- 【Al-Mg Metal Alloy Frame】 Lightweight AL-MG alloy design is ideal for cycling, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, and all outdoor activities enthusiasts. At only 25g, you can hardly feel them on your face.
- 【Product Dimensions】 Lens Height: 40MM(1.57 inches)--Lens Width: 64MM(2.51 inches)--Temple Length: 135 MM(5.31 inches)--Nose Bridge: 16MM(0.62 inches)--Frame Length: 144MM (5.67 inches)
- 【COMPLETE ACCESSORIES AND PREMIUM PACKAGE】 Include Glasses Case with Carabiner, Gift Box, Microfiber Pouch, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth and Polarization Test Card; It is also gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family.
- 【Risk Free After-Sale Service】 All DUCO customers enjoy our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and Lifetime Breakage Warranty; Return for a full refund if not satisfied for any reason; Even if you somehow manage to break these glasses, simply contact DUCO glasses. Just contact seller by clicking below on our name and then click the ‘ask a question’ button.
Stylish & Durable: FAGUMA Review
- TAC Polarized Lens：Offering 100% UV Protection,eliminate reflected light and scattered light,cut glare and protect eyes perfectly.
- ULTRALIGHT,STYLISH,DURABLE：Lightweight design is ideal for usage by motorcycle and cycling,driving,running,fishing,climbing,trekking or other outdoor activities enthusiasts.stylish design,with rich color combinations of frames and lens.Polycarbonate lens and frames are impact,scratch resistant,durable and unbreakable.
- 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE：100% satisfaction guaranteed. So, if you're not completely happy with your purchase within the first 30 days, just let us know. We will do whatever it takes to make it right.we will provide you the best service!
Water Repellent Pouch: ToolFreak Review
- ARE YOU MAKING SURE YOUR LOOKING AFTER YOUR EYES WITH EYEWEAR THATS BUILT TO OFFER EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE AND REAL PROTECTION? : Choose ToolFreak Reevo red mirror lens special edition and have no more worries about having the right eyewear by your side , carrying a superior design with quality material and leading edge technology you can rest assured your precious eyes will be better off even in the harshest of conditions
- GET AHEAD OF THE GAME WITH THESE MULTIPURPOSE SPORTS SAFETY GLASSES : Be prepared for your most active pursuits in riding, fishing, shooting, sports,work and any other activity that springs to mind with eyewear that really is multipurpose!! ToolFreak Reevo special edition eyewear incorporates a frame that's durable ,lightweight & a stable anti-slip fit so you can wear them all day and forget there on your face!!
- IMPROVE YOUR APPERANCE, COMFORT, VISION, PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY WITH LENSES THAT OFFER THE LATEST OPTICAL TECHNOLOGY : Tuned with properties to improve contrast and clarity in specific enviroments , nothing worse than poor eyewear distorting your vision and slowing you down right? ToolFreak Reevo lenses provide distortion free vision , better lateral coverage and a unrestricted panoramic frameless view , backed up with real impact and uv protection thats rated to a rigid ansi z87+
- CAST ASIDE UNECCESSARY DISTRACTIONS AND FOCUS ON THE TASK AHEAD WITH EYEWEAR THAT'S BETTER FITTING, BETTER LOOKING AND ALL ROUND BETTER PROTECTION: ToolFreak Reevo boasts an elegant look no more distractions of ugly and ill fitting eyewear that you really don't want to wear, put on your ToolFreak Reevo's and enjoy wearing them from the very first minute, backed up with the special edition mega accessory pack of zippable hard case , easy adjustable neck cord , self closing water repellent pouch
- WARRANTY INCLUDED. If we don't meet your expectations or you have an issue we are happy to help- When it comes to our protective eyewear, we make a point of using nothing but premium quality materials, as well as state of the art production processes and strict quality control! Our motivation is to provide you with products that you will love . If however you don't feel satisfied with something please get in touch we are happy to help make your experience a positive one!
Dual Lens Polaric Ellipsoid Geometry: HULISLEM Review
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED F1 FRAMES An active lifestyle means that your sunglasses will have to be tough and rugged enough to meet up to whatever challenges you throw at it. The specially designed F1 Frame can withstand whatever you dish out and more.
- LIGHTWEIGHT POLYCARBONATE FRAME: YOU WILL FORGET YOU ARE WEARING THEM In the middle of an adventure you cannot let heavy sunglasses weigh you down. The Hulislem have therefore been designed to be extremely lightweight (you won't believe how much unless you hold a pair in your hands). It is especially great for those who are not used to wearing glasses.
- HD GRADE LENSES Each of the lenses are cut from one single toric lens with the HD fuction. This means that you get amazing depth perception along with color contrast, as well as clarity.
- BLADE LENS COLORING SYSTEM These sunglasses are equipped with the cutting-edge blade coloring system, which means that they do not distort the natural colors while adding color contrast. Your vision is enhanced without being warped and you can still see natural color in all its glory.
- UV 400 MIRROR FLASH COATING The lenses are mirror flash coated, which not only limits the amount of light that your eyes are exposed to, but also ensure that no light of wavelength 400 nanometers and below reach your eyes since light with wavelengths below 400 nanometers are the ultra violet light range and can cause damage to the eyes. This means that these glasses give you complete UV protection.UVA, UVB, UVC, Blue Light or any kind of harmful light you can think of
Corded Ear Plug Control System: 3M Review
- DUST DEFENSE: Foam gasket helps limit eye exposure to nuisance dust and other particles while providing additional cushioning.
- WRAP AROUND DESIGN provides extended eye protection and unobstructed viewing.
- ANTI-FOG LENS COATING and removable foam-lined gasket with airflow vents make this protective eyewear ideal for humid environments.
- CORDED EAR PLUG CONTROL SYSTEM: Unique temple design can keep eyewear and ear plugs attached, untangled, and ready to use. Corded ear plugs can double as a lanyard (ear plugs sold separately).
- ANSI Z87: Meets the High Impact Requirements of CSA Z94.3-2007 and the High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2020.
Buyers Guide: Best Polarized Safety Glasses
For starters, there are tons of polarized glasses. However, the big questions are: how can you tell a genuine one from a clone? Or what brand offers the best quality? Or better yet, what is your budget like? And, are the safety sunglasses cheap or they cost an arm and a leg? Before delving into these, let’s start with the basics.
What Are Polarized Safety Glasses?
Polarized safety glasses are special high-end protective glasses designed to offer eye protection from dazzling light. According to American National Standards Institutes, the ideal polarized safety glass is ANSI Z87 certified. Besides the key benefits like eye protection from excess light, it should provide an extra benefit of UV protection by 99.9%. These safety glasses can be used by anyone in the building construction industry, fishermen, cyclists, athletes, drivers, motorcyclists, welders, and boat riders.
How Do Polarized Safety Glasses Work?
According to All Aspects Window Tinting, too much light impairs one’s vision. And in most instances can leave the eyes injured or cause other kinds of accidents. If this happens at the workplace, you’ll notice decreased productivity in workers. Mostly, this is a result of deteriorating health and or distractions.
There are a couple of solutions for this situation, and wearing certified polarized safety glasses is one of them. These safety sunglasses come in different types and sizes, and each is designed for a special purpose.
To fulfill the intended purpose, a safety glass features a special lens that helps in reducing glare through filtration. To top it off, these glasses only allow optimum light into your eyes so that you remain productive and protected.
How to Tell If Glasses Are Polarized?
If you’re not quite sure of the authenticity of polarized work sunglasses, there’s only one way out of this. To separate the genuine glasses from the clones. According to ANSI, all legally approved polarized sunglasses are ANSI Z87.1-2015 certified.
The ANSI standards demand that polarized glasses meet the below standards. One, there should be the manufacturer’s logo on it. Two, the lenses should have the ‘+’ symbol as proof of impact rating. Other symbol markings include Z87-2+ on the frame and Z87+. These symbols are the sure-fire indication of a certified polarized glass.
Polarized Safety Glasses Benefits and Downsides
Before settling on particular safety glasses brands, first look into the benefits and the downsides. Below are the general advantages and disadvantages of safety glasses.
- Help reduce exposure to UV light
- Enhances visual comfort
- Facilitates seeing beyond
- Facilitates seeing beyond translucent objects like water
- Enhances clarity of vision
- Ideal for all types of weather
- Viewing LCD screens is a challenge.
- Alteration of vision
- Results into window grids, which are a distraction during driving.
- Quite costly
Polarized Safety Glasses Types?
After polarized safety glasses reviews, next, you want to know the different types. Below are the various types of polarized safety glasses that you can consider depending on need or personal preference.
Over-Prescription Medical Glasses
Over-prescription medical glasses are scratch-resistant, roomy, and designed to be worn on top of prescription glasses. The popular shades are; gray, clear, and yellow.
Sports Polarized Glasses
These are versatile sports sunglasses polarized for use by sports enthusiasts. These safety sunglasses have an additional layer of protection from UV light radiation. Also, some are designed for use in all types of weather.
What to Look For While Choosing the Best Polarized Safety Glasses
What are the best polarized safety glasses? The University of Wisconsin reports how approximately 2000 US workers have eye injuries, and later goes on to give guidelines for eye protection. Below are the factors to consider while buying protective glasses.
First, depending on your daily activities or type of work, you can determine how much protection you need. Besides, different types of sunglasses are designed with a specific degree of protection. Therefore, constant exposure to high-level risks such as too much light requires a special kind of safety glasses.
Ultra-violate rays pose significant health risks. And if not taken care of, it can cause serious eye complications. Thus, if you value your eyesight, you’ll need to find the best sunglasses that can offer protection from UV light. According to ANSI, the best polarized sunglass is Z87 certified and offers protection from UV light by 99.9%.
There are two types of lenses, depending on the level of anticipated impact. According to ANSI and OSHA part number 1910 subpart 1, employees should put on filtered prescription lenses.
The best lens material is sturdy, durable, and scratch-resistant. Also, it has an appropriate coating depending on the level of impact to reduce the rate of light penetration. The most common lens material is polycarbonate. According to a Wikipedia report, polycarbonate material is strong, and lenses made from it are durable and offer extra-level protection.
Polarized safety glasses are made from different frame materials. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, buyers shouldn’t only focus on the price of protective glass. Other considerations, like frame material, also play a significant role in enhancing eye protection.
Therefore, the best polarized glasses are made from either metal or plastic frames. Some right metal frames are; Titanium, Monel, Aluminum, Berylium, and stainless steel. For plastic frames, you should consider; Zyl, Optyl, or blended nylon.
This is primarily influenced by the shape and size of your head. Since we all have different head sizes, there’s a specific frame size for everyone. For optimal performance, you need to spend time with a specialist. This is the sure way to get the right frame size for maximum eye protection.
What Are The Most Trusted Polarized Safety Glasses?
There are several safety glasses brands on the market. However, the question you should be asking is, who makes the best-polarized sunglasses? Some of the best brands include; Edge Eyewear, Wiley X, and MCR Safety. These glasses are trusted since they’re Z87 polarized sunglasses.
Built-in Glasses Details
During the protective glasses making process, different materials are used to come up with the best quality. Other materials like metal oxides and soluble organic dyes are added to lenses for enhancing efficiency and protection. Thus, you should always check if there are other built-in materials for a sunglass while looking into buying one.
Protection parameter and degree vary from one glass to another. For laser-based eye protection, you need to consider EN 207 and EN 208 eye protection parameters. This is according to Pro-lite technology on ‘calculating protective eyewear scale numbers.
Verdict And Our Recommendation For 2021
Finding the best polarized safety glasses in 2021 can be a daunting task. But with the right information, this turns out to be a walk in the park. That’s why we have compiled this buyer’s guide to help you out with making an informed decision.
So, what’s stopping you now?