Best Overall: SereneLife Portable Air Conditioner Review
- Dimensions: 14.6’’ L x 13.8’’ W x 27.2’’ H | Weight: 53.02 lbs
- Your purchase includes: Portable Air Conditioner, Window Mount Kit, Quick Setup Guide, Remote Control (batteries not included).
- Handy and portable: the SereneLife portable air conditioner system features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room or garage at home or office. It features rolling wheels for easy portability
- 3 operating modes: The compact floor AC indoor cooler conditioning unit features a simple electric Plug in operation and introduces 3 modes Cooling, dehumidifier and fan. The default mode is cooling, It is automatically activated after power on
- Built in dehumidifier: You don’t only get the cooling effect of the portable AC but also helps reduce humidity levels, acts as purifier which makes your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mildew by selecting dehumidifier mode
Anti-Bacterial Filtering System: FRIGIDAIRE Portable Remote Control Air Conditioner Review
- Energy star certified: no
- Filter type: anti-bacterial mesh
- 10, 000 BTU portable room air conditioner. Cord Length-6.5 feet
- Certifications & Approvals: ENERGY STAR Certified: No|Safety Certification: UL/CUL (SA11087)|ETL Listed: No|ADA Compliant - All Brands: No|UL Listed: Yes|NSF Certified: No|CSA Listed: No
- Electrical Specs: Voltage Rating: 115V 60Hz|Amps (Cool): 9|Watts (Cool): 920|Power Cord Length: 6' (6-1/2')|Plug Type: LCDI 5-15P
Modern Dehumidifier function: hOmeLabs 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Review
- PORTABLE, QUIET ENERGY-EFFICIENT AIR CONDITIONER - Experience a cool and relaxing day at home with the hOmelabs portable air conditioner. With an ASHRAE Rating of 14,000 BTU (8,600 BTU 2017 SACC Standard) it cools quietly and is perfect for 450 to 600 square feet room with horizontal window opening.
- EASY TO INSTALL, NO HEAVY WINDOW UNIT TO LIFT - Our portable AC measures 17.9 x 15 x 30.7 inches and has wheels so it can be easily moved to any room that has a window accessible. Simply attach the hose and the window slide adapter, plug in the power supply and you’re good to go. Most customers are able to install in 8 minutes or less. At the end of a season or when you don’t need it, simply unhook the unit and store in your closet, basement or garage
- BUILT IN DEHUMIDIFIER FUNCTION - Unlike traditional dehumidifiers which output excess heat into the room, this unit will expel hot air through the exhaust hose while still cooling your room. IMPORTANT: An accessible drainage facility is required to install the unit since it discharges water during operation. Use the included drain hose when operating as this AC does not have a built-in reservoir tank
- WASHABLE AIR FILTER AND REMOTE CONTROL - Keep your air clean and your portable AC running efficiently with the included washable filter. The filter indicator light will illuminate to remind you when to clean the air filter. We recommend you clean the filter approximately once every two weeks. The unit also comes with a remote control to quickly set your desired temperature, fan speed, change cooling modes or activate the eco-friendly sleep feature
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY - hOmelabs offers a 2-year warranty and free return or exchange within 30 days of order receipt. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you experience any issues, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
Auto evaporation system: LG Portable Air Conditioner Review
- Your purchase includes One LG LP1218GXR Portable Air Conditioner that covers rooms up to 400-sq.ft, in white + hose and window mount
- Air conditioner dimensions: 16.93” W x 27.36” H x 12.80” D. Weight 67.2 lbs
- Performance: 12,000 BTU. Dehumidification: 1.27 kg/hr. Est cooling area of 400-sq.ft
- Features: Programmable 24-hour on/off timer. Multiple fans speeds with Auto cool. Oscillating air vent. Auto evaporation system. LCD Remote Control
- Drain water as needed, by removing stoppers and slightly tipping back the unit
Wifi-enabled: MIDEA Portable Air Conditioner with Wi-Fi Review
- WIFI ENABLED Stay cool on the go and control your device using our smartphone app or the voice controlled Bluetooth device of your choice The ASHRAE rating 12 000 btu (7 400 BTU 2017 SACC standard) portable air conditioner easily cools rooms up to 300 square feet while simultaneously providing fan and dehumidification functions Perfect for your bedroom studio and apartment
- FUNCTIONAL INNOVATION Easy-to-read digital LED control panel provides exact control over sleep settings timer fan mode (cooling dehumidification fan only) temperature setting (62-90℉) and power functions An indicator light lets you know when it’s time to clean the filter
- EVERYTHING INCLUDED Unit shipped with a full-function LED remote control (batteries included) as well as all necessary installation accessories The adjustable window bracket fits openings from 26 5-48" while the clip-on drain hose measures 59
- EASY INSTALLATION Simply install the included airtight bracket in your existing window frame and connect the clip-on drainage hose Works with both hung and sliding windows Built-in wheels allow easy mobility without heavy lifting
- WORLDWIDE - Midea is the world’s largest provider of air conditioning products As a testament to our dedication to quality we offer a one year parts and labor on this product
Self-evaporating: SHINCO Portable Air Conditioner Review
- 【KEEP COOL】- Compact 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Unit Delivers Fast, Effective Cooling for Spaces Up to 200 - 350 Sq.Ft in Home, Bedroom, Office, Cabin or Camper. When the room is cool enough, switch to the first speed level,this air conditioner will become quiet(Noise ≤52dB), enough to maintain the temperature while you are sleeping.
- 【MULTI-FUNCTION MODES】- 3 functions in one machine. Air conditioner cools your room quickly; 2-speed fan satisfies your needs. With 60 pint dehumidifying capacity per day, the dehumidifier function is a quick fix for stopping the growing of bacteria and mold in hot and humid environment, keep your room cool and dry!
- 【SELF EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM】- The portable ac is built with self-evaporative cooling technology that cools the condenser coils with water from the air. This not only increases cooling efficiency, it also reduces the water that collects in the tank, so you won't have to empty it as often.(R410a refrigerant)
- 【EASY TO USE】- LED display and simple selections control panel,full-featured remote, 24-hr timer, plus a quiet ＜52dB output on Low speed mode for disturbance-free nights.Four castors wheels make it easy to move from place to place, You can place it on bedroom, study, living room, kitchen, small office, RV, party and etc.
- 【QUICK INSTALLATION】- Window is mandatory and necessary for it to work.an exhaust hose and window kit is included, and no extra tools are needed for assembly. Installation instructions are simple, and can be done by anyone in 5-10 minutes. For any questions, please contact Shinco support at [email protected] We will respond within 24 hours.
Ergonomic and portable design: BLACK+DECKER Portable Air Conditioner Review
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 8,000 BTU compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26 in,) will keep you cool and comfortable all summer. An adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°F at the coolest setting. Sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ROOMS - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast, effective cooling for rooms up to 200 sq. ft. It’s the ideal small air conditioner for dorms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, bedrooms, or living rooms
- SIMPLE & QUICK TO INSTALL – Just wheel this portable air conditioner into any room with a double hung or sliding window. Attach the included hose (4’ 11”) & window adapter, & plug it in to an outlet! At the end of the season, just unhook & store
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN – The simple remote control & top-mounted LED display with 24-hour timer allow you to precisely control the air temperature. To clean the filter, just slide it out twice a month, rinse it thoroughly under running water, & put it back
- 3-in-1 FUNCTIONALITY - Combines 3 energy efficient functions for all of your cooling & ventilation needs with cool, fan, & dehumidifying modes all in one machine. Bucket-less, self-evaporating operation makes your living space cool, clean and dry
Smart digital humidistat: Honeywell Compact Portable Air Conditioner Review
- 3-in-1 Air Conditioner, Fan and Dehumidifier
- Ideal for targeted spot cooling in rooms between 250-350 sq. ft. Temperature range: 61° F to 89° F
- Built in dehumidifier removes up to 44 pints/24 hours with continuous drain option for longer unattended dehumidification.
- Washable dust filter helps reduce dust, with convenient filter clean alert for easy maintenance.
- What's Included? 3-in-1 Portable AC Unit, Window Installation Kit, Remote Control w/ batteries.
Eco-friendly refrigerant: SPT Portable Air Conditioner Review
- Four operational modes: Cooling / Dehumidifying / Fan
- 14,000btu cooling power
- Digital temperature display and remote control
- Eco-friendly R410 refrigerant
- Choice of programmable timer (24 hours) or continuous operation
Dual hose: Whynter Portable Air Conditioner Review
- Four Operational Modes: Auto, Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan. Fan settings include 3 speeds with directional air discharge louvers
- Adjustable temp (62 -88 degrees F), 24 hour programmable timer, 71 pints/day dehumidifying capacity with continuous and manual drain methods
- Noise level: <55 dBA , air flow (at high speed): 497m3/h / 292 CFM, maximum power consumption: 1580W / 11.9A, power supply: 115 V / 60Hz
- UL listed, LCDI plug, R-410A refrigerant, single hose, 3M Filter and Silver shield washable pre-filter;Drain Methods: Continuous and Manual. Great option for keeping rooms up to 450 square feet cool and comfortable
- Remote control, extendable exhaust hose (up to 59"), and upgraded plastic window kit (up to 48") included. Max. window kit length = 48" , Min. window kit length = 26.5"
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best portable air conditioners
What is a portable air conditioner?
A portable air conditioner is a portable system cooling engine for self-contain suitable for a single room or used to assist a weak central (HVAC) system. They are mobile and freestanding mini portable air conditioners which makes it different from window unit AC.
How does a portable air conditioner work?
There are quite a several processes that happen for a portable air conditioner to be cool.
All the best portable air conditioner brand function with gaseous refrigerant introduced to the system. The gas functions and respond to pressure making it either high/low then turn to liquid and gas interchangeably to give the cool feeling. When the gas is on the low pressure, it is sent to the compressor where the gas is pressurized and converted to high-pressure gas. And then sent to condenser coils, evaporator coils, and blower.
Portable air conditioner vs window unit
Both portable air conditioning units and window units work similarly and go through the same working processes. To determine the best portable air conditioner for an apartment suitable for your room, you will have to consider your particular situation. There are a series of factors you need to consider such as the type of room you want to place the ac; does it have a window? What kind of window does it have? Answering all these questions will help you know what is required. A portable air conditioning unit is the easiest to install because it comes with kits that you can use to take exhaust outside. The only advantage the window unit seems to have over portable ac is that it does not take any physical space indoor.
How many BTU air conditioners do I need?
BTU otherwise known as the British Thermal Unit is the energy needed to raise one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit while at sea level. The higher the rate of BTUs the higher the cooling intensity. You can calculate BTU using calculation formula which requires you to measure the room’s square footage and the ceiling height.
How to Choose the best portable air conditioners?
Choosing the best portable air conditioners on the market is a daunting task as you have to be sure whether you will get value for the money budgeted for a portable air conditioner. All air conditioner brands have similar promises that propel you to buy the products. The product might seem alike, but their feature and functions differ. Thus, we have highlighted here basic features the best air conditioners must-have.
The size of the air conditioner is very important and the size is determinant by the space you intend to keep it If your room is small, you may opt for a compact unit that weighs around 45-70 pounds. A small portable air conditioner is usually thin and takes few feet up the floor space. Another bulky air conditioner weighs around 80 pounds depending on the manufacturer.
You can check if your ac has a fan mode to know the fan power. Fan power of an AC compared to best window fans is more efficient. The fan power will help you determine fan mode is like because your AC doesn’t run with compressor on during Fan mode. The fan mode consumes less power although the ac would not be producing cool air.
The cooling area of a portable air conditioner depends on the BTU. Most time while it is estimated that 8000 BTUs can cover 200 sq. ft., then 5000 BTUs portable air conditioner will cover less. The higher the BTUs the higher the cooling area. However, you should note that environmental factors increase or reduce the BTU required per time
Some portable personal air conditioners can run on both heating mode and cooling mode. When you want to buy ac, one thing to consider is the heat mode. During the heat mode operation, the compressor slows down and stops this is usually effective when there is cold.
Dehumidifier mode is also known as a dry mode. Not all ac has dehumidifier mode, but it is effective more during the rainy season where there is a lot of moisture in the atmosphere. The dehumidifier mode removes the moisture and function to make the environment cool enough.
The remote control allows you to control the settings of your portable AC. While some remote control is physical, others are digital. Even portable air conditioner for camping has a remote control to set the timer and the preferred mode of operation,
The timer helps to control the time of use of your ac. The timer is a special feature that will help you to determine when your conditioner will work.
The noise level of a small portable air conditioner varies. While there are quite portable air conditioners there are portable ac that is louder. A typical portable ac unit sound is between 50 to 80 dB While some people pay less attention to noise level, light sleepers should avoid interruption and distraction in sleep.
Portable air conditioner and heater are energy efficient because they use less power compared to other large ac. For some people, they use the small portable air conditioner for camping to make cumulative energy consumption low.
Using an energy-efficient portable air conditioner will help you manage utility expenses. The energy efficiency is calculated by the energy efficiency ratio which measures the BTU ratio. When you want to buy your portable air conditioner which indicates EER, watt, and BTU.
While there are ventless portable air conditioners, the vented one requires a window kit to successfully install it. The best portable ac comes with a window kit to install it while there is a portable air conditioner without hose.
The price is mostly determined by the power of the BTU, display and filtering system. The new ac cost around $500 or more. There affordable and cheap portable air conditioners which cost around $300 which can be used for a small room.
Best portable air conditioners types
The single hose portable hair conditioner uses a single hose to pull air from inside the room and expel the warm air and moisture outside.
Dual hose portable air conditioner uses two separate hoses. One hose pulls air from within the house while the other expels the moisture and warmer air and draws air inside.
Best portable air conditioners FAQ
How to install portable air conditioner without window
While a window is likely the most convenient way for a portable air conditioner to vent, it can be installed where there is no window. You will successfully install when you attach the exhaust tube to an air vent that is leading directly outside.
Do portable air conditioners work without a window?
It is possible to use portable AC without window access but it doesn’t seem ideal.
How do portable air conditioners drain water?
If the environment is humid, the AC collects moisture and store in the internal reservoir, once the internal reservoir is full, there is an indication and you drain it, unlike a mini portable car air conditioner that requires no draining.
How long can you run a portable air conditioner?
Your portable ac can run 24/7 but you should use only when you need it to save utility cost and make it last longer.
How to clean a portable air conditioner?
To clean your AC, you can wipe the outside with damp cloth and cleaning agents. However, avoid bleaching cleaning agents that can damage your AC. You can deep clean by unplugging and using coil cleaner and you can engage a professional cleaner.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
It is no gainsaying that such a product that adds class to the kitchen as best knife sharpener can be bought for a considerable amount. Our pick is SereneLife Portable Air Conditioner. It reduces odors and airborne particles in your apartment. It also offers flexible control of the portable ac unit with a remote control that affords you the ability to correct precisely to the temperature you are comfortable within your house. With the timer, you can set a flexible time for on and off. Thus, at homemakerguide, we recommend SereneLife Portable Air Conditioner as the overall best portable air conditioner 2020.