- 1 Top 6 Best Push Mowers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Performance - GreenWorks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review
- 1.2 Best For All Terrain Types: Most Versatile - Greenworks 17-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower Review
- 1.3 Best Lightweight: Troy-Bilt High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Review
- 1.4 Top Corded Model: Sun Joe 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower Review
- 1.5 Top Advanced Mower: EGO 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower Review
- 1.6 Most Versatile: BLACK+DECKER 13 Amp Corded Mower Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Push Lawn Mower
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 6 Best Push Mowers: Comparison Table
We tested top push lawn mowers and provide their detailed reviews and a comparison chart. Here one can find main characteristics of the top rated push mowers that will help to do the right choice of a garden helper.
Best Overall: Top Performance - GreenWorks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review
Are you searching for the highest rated push mower for an affordable price? Then pay attention to Greenworks 25022. Simple and easy height adjustment with the help of one lever, durable deck, made of steel and a powerful 12 amp motor make this machine a leader in push mower ratings. It is a three in one machine (mulching, side discharge, and rear bag). In comparison with gas-powered mowers, it is quiet, so you are welcome to cut the grass even when your neighbors are sleeping. More than that, Greenworks 25022 electric cutter is compact, and you will not have problems with its storage. Numerous useful features make it one of the top-rated push lawn mowers.
Why We Like It?
- Best rated push mower
- Affordable price
- Durable steel deck
- Height adjustment
Best For All Terrain Types: Most Versatile - Greenworks 17-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower Review
Continuing our list of top push mowers, we have the Greenworks 17-inch cordless mower that can offer up to 60 minutes of continuous operation. It comes with a 4.0 Ah battery and charger at a price that other manufacturers ask for the mower only. It gives you a maximum cutting height of 1-3/8 inch and a minimum one of 3-1/4 while the width is 17-inch. Thanks to the brushless motor you can count on this push lawn mower for a job well done. Even if the lawn surface is more than you can cover with one battery cycle, the rapid charge function enables you to start working in as low as 30 minutes.
Why We Like It?
- Brushless motor that is very durable and prevents wear and tear
- Smart Cut Technology
- Big wheels to handle rough terrain as well
Best Lightweight: Troy-Bilt High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Review
If you want to buy a push lawn mower for a small or medium-sized yard, then choose Troy-Bilt TB22. It is a corded-electric machine with the front-wheel drive. This model is equipped with a unique system of cutting TriAction that guarantees fast and easy grass mowing. There are no doubts that it is a good push lawn mower for its price.
Why We Like It?
- Powerful engine
- TriAction cutting system
- Easy to start
Top Corded Model: Sun Joe 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower Review
Continuing our journey to find the best push mower 2020 has to offer, we stop at the Sun Joe MJ401E model. You’re looking at a lightweight mower to use on a small to medium lawn. Its steel blades cover a 14-inch surface and that’s more than enough to keep your lawn in great shape. Sure, if you have a lot of areas to cover than you should consider getting the best rear engine riding mower. However, for taking care of your precious little lawn, in front of the house, this model is great. Despite being corded, it’s one of the best push lawn mower on the market since it’s easy to operate and you will never have to worry about running out of battery. Comes with a collection bag and you can adjust the cutting height on 3 different positions for the best results.
- Easy to maneuver around trees or other obstacles
- Durable steel blades
- No battery needed so you can mow as long as you need
- One of its advantages is also considered a disadvantage by some users. The fact that it’s a corded model seems to bother some buyers, however, not having to recharge the battery and always worry about that aspect is a big plus
Top Advanced Mower: EGO 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower Review
If you’re looking for advanced push mower, you should start by looking at what EGO Power has to offer. The LM2000-S model is not only one reliable push mower, but it also brings a lot of quality to the process. It is battery-powered, which means you won’t have to worry about protecting the cord all the time. You can choose from three battery kits – the 4.0 Ah, 5.0 Ah, or 7,5 Ah depending on the surface you need to mow. It’s easily foldable and can provide a 3-in-1 usage with mulching, bagging or side discharge.
- Completely autonomous thanks to the battery pack
- 20-inch cutting space
- Foldable for easy storage
- Some customers complained about the manufacturer selling only the bare tool (without the battery pack). However, it’s the perfect opportunity for buyers who already have a battery pack to save some money
Most Versatile: BLACK+DECKER 13 Amp Corded Mower Review
In our list of mulching lawn mower reviews we couldn’t miss a Black + Decker model. The company is known for delivering a wider range of high-quality tools no matter if we’re talking about the best mulching mower or push mower. You’re looking at a wide 20-inch cutting path and no less than 7 height settings to deal with any situation. Naturally, it handles mulching with ease and you can use the mulched leaves as fertilizer if you also have a garden in the backyard.
- High-quality, durable materials
- Included grass collection bag
- Ergonomic carrying handle
- Some users wanted a bigger collection bag, however, if you also consider maneuverability, the 13-gallons are optimal
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Push Lawn Mower
How To Choose The Best Push Lawn Mower
Buying a best push lawn mower is not a simple task. It is important to know that a device will meet your own needs and such aspects as the size of the yard, if it is hilly or flat, obstacles that may appear while cutting. To find the best, consider the next factors.
Size of a Yard
If you have a yard that is less than half an acre, then you can buy reel mower with no motor. Such machines are ecologically-friendly and are easy for maintenance. Owners of larger lawns have to pay attention to self-propelled machines and walk behind while it is cutting.
If there are many obstacles in the yard, then give preference to front-drive push mowers. They are known for high maneuverability and can easily turn 180-degrees. Lawns with steep hills will be better cut with rear wheel drive cutters. They can boast with the better traction on hills.
Reel devices are cheaper than gas-powered or self-propelled machines. So, if you care about your budget, then select mowers that don’t need any kind of fuel. To buy a powerful machine for good money, look for push mowers for sale. There is annual push lawn mower sale on various sites, so keep track of the best offers.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
There are no doubts that push cutters will be perfect for small or medium-sized yards. Choose a machine depending on your preferences, kind of terrain, physical condition, financial situation and your relations with neighbors. If you don’t want to bother them, then better buy the one without a motor.
You have already seen homemakerguide TOP 6 push mowers comparison chart, and there are no doubts that a leading position belongs to GreenWorks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower. The great number of positive reviews, its affordable price, and a powerful engine make it the best push mower for its value.