- 1 Top 10 Best Queen Size Mattresses: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Quality - Vibe 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 1.2 Increased Comfort: #1 Best Seller in Mattresses - Linenspa 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress Review
- 1.3 Classy Poly Jacquard Cover: PrimaSleep 10 Inch Wave Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 1.4 Firm But Comfortable: Classic Brands Gel Memory Foam 10-Inch Mattress Review
- 1.5 Versatile Fit: Olee Sleep Aquarius 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 1.6 Easy To Set: Modway 10 Inch Queen Innerspring Mattress Review
- 1.7 Certified Foam And Fabric: AmazonBasics 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 1.8 Soft Option: Signature Design by Ashley 12 Inch Chime Express Hybrid Innerspring Mattress Review
- 1.9 For Refreshing Sleep: Zinus Green Tea 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 1.10 Universal Comfort For Different Sleeping Styles: LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Queen Size Mattress
- 2.1 How Wide Is A Queen Mattress?
- 2.2 How Firm Should My Mattress Be?
- 2.3 Benefits Of This Size
- 2.4 How Long Is A Mattress Good For?
- 2.5 What Is The Best Mattress Brand?
- 2.6 How To Choose Best Queen Size Mattress
- 2.7 Best Queen Size Mattress Types
- 3 Best Queen Size Mattress FAQs
- 3.1 How Can I Extend The Lifespan Of My Mattress?
- 3.2 When Is The Best Time To Buy A Mattress?
- 3.3 Are Memory Foam Mattresses Good?
- 3.4 How To Move A Queen Mattress By Yourself?
- 3.5 Can Memory Foam Hurt Your Back?
- 3.6 Can I Machine Wash Queen Size Mattress?
- 3.7 How Do I Know If Queen Size Mattress Fits My Bed Frame?
- 4 Verdict And Our Recommendation For 2020
Top 10 Best Queen Size Mattresses: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top Quality - Vibe 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam combined 3 inches of gel-infused foam draws heat away from your body for a more comfortable night's sleep
- 60" W x 80" L x 12" H
- 7 inches of conforming high-density base foam provides surrounding support and responsive relief that helps evenly distribute pressure points in any sleeping position
- Luxurious stretch knit quilted fiber cover
- Medium-plush feel and adjustable base friendly
Increased Comfort: #1 Best Seller in Mattresses - Linenspa 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress Review
- 10 Inch hybrid combines the traditional support of an innerspring mattress with the plush comfort of hypallergenic memory foam for a medium feel
- A thick layer of memory foam conforms to your curves to help eliminate pressure points and increase comfort
- Compressed and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup, this universally comfortable mattress makes relaxing easy
- Available in a medium firm 8 inch profile, a medium 10 inch profile, or a plush 12 inch profile that also features gel infusions and individually encased coils
- Packaging process may leave small brown flecks called carbons in the mattress packaging; These carbons are harmless pieces of plastic and will not stick to your mattress; 10 year limited warranty
Classy Poly Jacquard Cover: PrimaSleep 10 Inch Wave Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Perfect Top layer supports bodyweight & maintains body Shape for Rest in the best condition
- 1. 5 inch I Gel disperses temperature accumulation to maintain a constant mattress temperature.
- 2. 5 inch convoluted layer structure provides better ventilation and disperses body pressure.
- 4. 5 inch 25 ILD had foam at the bottom prevents defection of memory foam.
- Best in class Poly jacquard cover keeps mattress fresh and clean.
Firm But Comfortable: Classic Brands Gel Memory Foam 10-Inch Mattress Review
- 60" W x 80" L x 10.5" H
- Beautifully detailed charcoal gray and white cover has four way stretch knit that works with the memory foam to optimize its conforming properties
- Refreshing gel particles are infused into the high-density memory foam for a more comfortable sleeping surface; resilient high-density base foam conforms to your body, supports your back, and prevents tossing and turning at night
- High-quality memory foam conforms to your body while the cool gel regulates temperature; memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and is CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability
- Medium-Firm Feel and Adjustable Base Friendly
Versatile Fit: Olee Sleep Aquarius 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Your purchase includes One Olee Sleep Aquarius 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress in Blue, Queen Size
- Item's dimensions: 80" W x 60"L x 10"H. Feel: Medium-Firm
- Remove packaging within 72 hours, and allow an extra 48-72 hours for proper decompression
- Fits all frames: Steel, wood or platform bed frames, box springs and floor.
- Unique Gel-infused Foam Layer – to regulate temperature. High Density Base Layer – For a longer-lasting and durable mattress.
Easy To Set: Modway 10 Inch Queen Innerspring Mattress Review
- SLEEP SOUNDLY - Reduce pressure on your hips, back, shoulders, and neck with the contouring ability of Jenna queen individually wrapped pocket coil mattress.
- ISOLATED MOTION - Limit bounce and absorb motion disturbance between partners with individually encased springs. Perfect for enabling partners with unique schedules and habits to sleep comfortably.
- QUALITY MATTRESS - Jenna queen size firm innerspring mattress comes with a fire resistant polyester barrier that meets flammability standards and a 10 year warranty against manufacturer defects.
- EASY SET-UP - Position the mattress box next to your bed, unbox and unwrap without cutting the mattress, then unroll and place in your desired spot. Allow up to 24 hrs to expand fully.
- SUPPORTIVE MATTRESS - Jenna comes with 8.5” tall individually wrapped coils, 1” responsive foam, 0.9” convoluted foam padding, and a padded polyester quilted tight-top for a smooth and even feel.
Certified Foam And Fabric: AmazonBasics 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Plush-feeling memory-foam layer adapts to the contours of the body and comfortably conforms to different sleep positions
- Queen-size memory-foam mattress with 3 foam layers for optimal softness and support
- Item's dimensions: 80" W x 60"L x 10"H. Item's weight: 52.4 lbs.
- A safe mattress to sleep on: Certipur-US certified foam, safe and quality foam and Oeko-Tex certified top fabric.
- The middle soft foam layer has breathable air holes, which allow air to circulate inside the mattress
Soft Option: Signature Design by Ashley 12 Inch Chime Express Hybrid Innerspring Mattress Review
- Queen size bed in a box: For supportive, dreamy sleeping, this mattress brings it home with comfortable layers; Plus, it comes in a box, so it's easier than ever to get a better night's rest
- Hybrid mattress: Mattress is designed with gel memory foam, upholstery grade comfort support foam, and 680 individual power packed wrapped coils for maximum lumbar support. Quilt foam gives you that soft, cozy comfort you crave
- Maintenance free: Made of hypoallergenic material to keep out dust mites, pollen, mold and pet dander—perfect for kids or adults who suffer from allergies
- Ready for instant enjoyment: Arrives in a box. Simply unbox, cut the protective wrap, unroll and watch the mattress expand. Mattress is safe to sleep on immediately but can take 72+ hours for any risidual odors from packaging to dissipate and for mattress to completely expand based on ambient room temperature, humidity, air pressure & ventilation.
- The chime mattresses should fully expand within 48 hours, though they can take up to a week to reach their max thickness.
For Refreshing Sleep: Zinus Green Tea 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress Review
- AS COOL AS IT GETS - Settle in to a bed made with our most cooling formula yet, promising perfectly temperature-regulated sleep and a clean feeling night after night, all thanks to our enveloping memory foam packed with cooling gel and green tea
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 2 inch ultra-cooling gel and green tea infused memory foam, 3 inches soft comfort foam, and 7 total inches durable high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and average-weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 pounds, while all other sizes can support up to 500 pounds
Universal Comfort For Different Sleeping Styles: LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
- This mattress features a 10-inch MEDIUM-PLUSH feel profile for universal comfort for side, back, and stomach sleepers
- Gel infused memory foam regulates temperature while conforming to the body to ease pressure points
- The 2.5-inch ventilated gel memory foam top layer creates a cooler sleep experience than traditional memory foam by helping to regulate body temperature and increase circulation
- 1.5 inches of transition foam and 5.5 inches of dense bamboo charcoal infused support foam provide stability and full body support
- We only use CertiPUR US certified memory foam to ensure your uncompromising safety and comfort
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Queen Size Mattress
We are going to reveal secrets and cover everything you should know about the best queen-sized mattresses on the market to help you to make the right choice. Besides, you’ll find the answers to the most frequently asked questions from people who have been looking for such bedding. Read on!
How Wide Is A Queen Mattress?
A typical queen bed mattress is 60 inches wide and 80 inches long, it’s 5in longer and 7in wider than full-sized bedding. These added inches make it much more comfortable, especially for a couple. That’s the reason why queen mattresses are so popular nowadays.
You can also find Queens with other dimensions, take a look at them: California queen-sized mattress, which is 60 x 84 inches; Olympic queen size measuring 66 x 80 inches; Super queen size of 30 x 80 inches.
Despite, Queens are large enough, they are not as generous-sized as the best twin mattress.
How Firm Should My Mattress Be?
Firmness is how soft or firm your bedding feels. Commonly people confuse firmness with support; when a mattress provides proper support, it keeps your spine in the right alignment and doesn’t create pressure points. If the mattress is not supportive enough, chances are you’ll wake up in pain. Firmness determines how comfy your bedding feels initially.
The medium-firm mattress queen for a sleeper is somewhere between 4-7 while the range is 1-10. These numbers coincidence with universal comfort mattress so that buyers can find out the best firmness level for them. Anyway, Queen mustn’t be as firm as the best futon mattress.
Benefits Of This Size
It is the most popular size and for a good reason. Here are the main benefits:
- As it was mentioned above, a queen-sized mattress is a perfect pick which offers a generous surface area without overwhelming your bedroom, especially if the living space is not that large.
- This size allows spreading out or roll around on the bed without fear of falling off.
- Thanks to the extra room, you can accommodate a laptop, a book or other stuff for comfortable relaxing or entertainment on the bed.
- As for couples, this dimension is great for cuddling, but also there is enough room for each individual when the cuddling time is over. Besides, a queen-sized mattress provides enough space between co-sleepers to dampen movings transfer if one of the partners has a restless night.
- If you’ve got a pet who loves sleeping at your feet, this size gives you the freedom to stretch the toes, and you won’t kick off your fluffy. Have rest comfortably together.
- If your kids adore hopping in and out of the bed, queen, as well as the best king size mattress, can handle it.
- If you need to move your Queen, you won’t experience any trouble since the size fits through most of the typical doorway.
How Long Is A Mattress Good For?
No matter what type of bed you have, you should replace your mattress within 10 years to ensure comfortable sleep; old bedding can spoil the quality of your rest. However, a premium item can last over ten years if you take proper care if it. What must be done? In short, you have to keep it neat – no eating or beverage spills over the mattress, change sheets at least once a week; do not overuse the bedding – do not spend the whole day on it; lastly, choose a quality model – do not go for a too cheap queen mattress. However, sometimes the best budget mattress can be of a high-quality, but you have to check what materials are used.
What Is The Best Mattress Brand?
There are many manufacturers of mattresses on the market, but not all of them produce models of good quality. If you want to have the sweetest dreams on the best Queen, here are the brands which you should consider:
- Signature Design by Ashley
- Olee Sleep
How To Choose Best Queen Size Mattress
In this section, you’ll find the most important characteristics that you should consider when selecting the best queen size mattress for your bedroom.
The feel of your mattress is determined by the material it’s made of.
Things like responsiveness, bounce, contouring, sinkage, and firmness depending on what kind of bedding is used. Here you’ll find the most common materials which are used to make mattresses and features they add to your bed.
- Innerspring Queen Mattress. This type of mattress is made of steel coils pocketed in special material for motion and noise isolation. Such a system provides good support to your body when you are sleeping. Lots of modern innerspring queen mattresses have build-in tops for added comfort. Such a top can be found in the best pillow top mattress, it offers softness and comfort when you are in bed. There are cheap pillow top queen mattress available on the market, so if you are on a tight budget, take them into account.
- Foam Queen Mattress. Such mattresses are very popular nowadays because they are among the most comfortable beddings. Besides, queen size foam mattress offers excellent support for your body when you are resting. There are several types of foam used to fill mattresses, you can find basic foam, memory foam, gel memory foam, latex foam. All these fillings are great, and each of them offers some unique features. For example, the basic foam provides superior support, memory foam mattress queen conforms to your body, queen gel memory foam mattress cools down the body, so it’s perfect for hot climates.
- Hybrid Queen Mattress. A hybrid queen mattress is a perfect choice for those who can’t choose between a foam queen mattress and an innerspring queen mattress. Hybrid has a foam layer on the top for comfort & softness and a pocket spring base for added sturdiness. Such bedding is a versatile option that offers a bit of everything, that’s why it’s so popular among customers.
- Latex Queen Mattress. Latex queen mattresses are made of plants or petroleum-based, rubber materials which are often used for luxury bed lineups. You’ll find 2 types of such material on the market: Talalay and Dunlop. Each of the options provides perfect pressure relief and responsiveness, making them extra effective when it comes to prevention or pain relief. Also, latex Queen is resistant to mildew & mold, dust mite; plus, it is hypoallergenic.
As it was mentioned above, firmness is how soft or firm your bed feels. Don’t confuse firmness with support: when a bed provides proper support, it keeps your spine in the right alignment and doesn’t create pressure points. If your mattress is not supportive enough, chances are you’ll wake up in pain. Firmness determines how comfy your bedding feels initially.
Furthermore, you should choose a mattress depending on your preferred sleeping position.
- Soft mattress. Choose soft bedding if you prefer to sleep on the side. Such a mattress will contour and support your body curves.
- Medium mattress. The medium-firm mattress queen is somewhere between 4-7 on the universal scale. It’s perfect for you if you are a back-sleeper; the spine, back, and neck will be well-supported, keeping you comfortable.
- Firm mattress. You need a queen size firm mattress if your favorite sleeping position is on the stomach. Such a bed will keep the spine aligned.
There is a universal comfort mattress scale with 1-10 ratings, where 1 is the softest, and 10 is the firmest mattress. That’s how buyers can find out how firm the bed is even without touching it. This option is quite convenient when you are buying online.
The average lifespan of the mattress is somewhere between 6 and 10 years. However, it depends on many factors: brand, material, how well you take care of it, how much time you spend on it, etc. A high-quality bed can last even more than 10 if you take proper care of it, of course.
Experts say that the most durable mattress is the one made of natural latex; blended latex and hybrid foam take 2nd and 3d place respectively.
Bonnell coil mattress is the least durable; the lifespan of this bedding is about 5 years, but it’s relatively cheap queen size mattress.
Ease Of Clean
A Queen is a serious investment, and it’s supposed to last long, so surely, you’ll have to clean it from time to time. Every mattress harbors dust, dirt, debris, dead skin, and you’ll need to manage it somehow, especially if you suffer from allergy, asthma or other breathing disorders.
Commonly, cleaning a mattress is not that big deal, there are some simple techniques which help you to handle it. However, before making a purchase, you have to ensure that the mattress is pretty easy to clean. Otherwise, you’ll face some trouble with it.
When you are on the market for a mattress, do make sure that your frame and foundation can support the item you choose. Not all mattresses will be compatible with certain beds. So, before you buy, do check the product’s dimensions, read the brand website for needed information. If you don’t find all you need on the site, reach out to the customers’ service of the company.
The majority of trusted manufacturers offer a warranty that covers your buy for a certain period. The warranty can be very generous and provide a lifetime guarantee. It covers issues such as excessive wear and tear of bedding or manufacturing flaws.
Prices on the queen mattress in a box vary a lot, they start from 200$ and go up to 2000$. The cost depends on the brand and the quality of the model. Buying a bed is a substantial investment, and you should do some research to buy the right mattress which will be both budget-friendly and high-quality. That’s where our post comes handy.
Best Queen Size Mattress Types
Queen size mattresses come with different features and sizes, also there are several types available. Without too many details here, it’s still important to learn the types and have a general idea so that you can select the right model for your bedroom. Queens can be divided into types according to their sizes.
- Standard Queen Mattress. A standard queen is 60 inches x 80 inches; it’s the most typical model that customers will find in the local malls and online shops.
- Olympic Queen Mattress. Such bedding is about 6 inches wider than a standard Queen. It is 66 inches x 80 inches and offers sleepers added room to spread out and feel comfortable.
- California Queen Mattress. California queen mattress, known as Queen XL, is the rare pick. They are 58 inches x 82 inches, offering sleepers to stretch their toes.
- Split Queen Mattress. Often Split is a queen size mattress set which consists of 2 parts – each 30 inches x 80 inches. This option is suitable for a couple who like different levels of firmness. However, there are not so many manufacturers offering such a set.
Best Queen Size Mattress FAQs
How Can I Extend The Lifespan Of My Mattress?
Buying new bedding, even if it’s not too expensive, is a significant financial investment, and, of course, you want to extend its life. We know several ways how to do it effectively.
Use a mattress cover – such covers are usually thin with stretchy sides and fit well over the mattress. They can be made of different materials, natural or synthetic. Covers are a good defense for your mattress against dirt and spills.
Clean your sheets at least once a week – the human body produces oil, it rubs off on bedding and can soak in. Body oil is destructive to mattress materials, that’s why you should often wash the sheets.
Clean the mattress regularly – to remove dirt, dust, debris, and dead skin from your mattress, you have to vacuum it at least once a month. Use an attachment for upholstery so that you don’t damage the bedding.
Rotate a mattress every 3 months – the human body puts pressure on the mattress, and over time this pressure deforms the internal structure and doesn’t give the chance to restore itself. If you rotate your bedding every 3 months or even oftener, you prevent deformation.
Watch out for bugs – if you travel a lot, you have to take extra precautions for not taking eggs, nymphs, or adult bugs to your home. When you arrive at your hotel, before unpacking your things, check for bugs in bed with a fleshlight. As soon as you get home, wash and dry your things at the hottest temperature. Bugs, eggs, nymphs are killed at the temperature higher than 120F.
Take extra precautions if you have pets – pets can damage your bedding easily. So, if you let your fluffy sleep on the bed, often cleanings and vacuumings are a must for you. Also, you’d better use a water-resistant mattress cover to prevent pet’s fluids from embedding deep in your mattress.
When Is The Best Time To Buy A Mattress?
Here are a few tips for you when and where to buy a mattress and save a good deal of money.
- Buy online – you’ll save almost 50-60% if you buy online
- Weekend or holiday – retailers offer generous discounts on Memorial Day, Presidents Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July, and Black Friday.
- Early spring or late winter – you can find sales during these periods because retailers make room for new collections and models.
Are Memory Foam Mattresses Good?
Yes, they are great. Memory foam if one of the most durable materials available on the market, especially if it has a high density. No matter it is a 10-inch memory foam mattress queen or another size, this type of bedding provides excellent support and good pressure relief. Besides, memory foam mattresses have a more extended life than spring ones.
How To Move A Queen Mattress By Yourself?
To move a mattress to another place, fold in half and fix it with several tie-down straps. When the bedding is compact enough, place it on a dolly and move it slowly to where you need, just keep your mattress balanced and centered. Easy-peasy!
Can Memory Foam Hurt Your Back?
A memory foam bed can cause back pain and here is why – when the foam is compressed, it can sink down. So, if you are on a heavier side, you may feel not very comfortable. To prevent this problem, choose firmer models and then rotate the mattress as often as possible. On the other hand, if you are slender, you’ll feel comfortable sleeping on such bedding.
Can I Machine Wash Queen Size Mattress?
Of course, you can’t wash the whole mattress, but you can wash a mattress pad if it’s removable. When you are choosing to bed, check this option and check if the pad is machine-washable. It’ll make your life much easier! You should wash the pad at least once in a couple of months.
How Do I Know If Queen Size Mattress Fits My Bed Frame?
The best way to know if a queen size mattress fits your bed is to measure it with the help of a tape. First, extend a tape and measure the length of your bed, then find out the width. Before making a purchase, check mattress dimensions.
Verdict And Our Recommendation For 2020
It’s so necessary to have a comfortable, high-quality mattress. It lets us rest and has the sweetest dreams; contrary, a bad mattress can turn night into suck and even hurt the back.
So, when you are choosing a mattress for your bedroom, you should know all the characteristics and features of the best queen size mattress 2020. After you read these buyer’s guide you will understand what you should to into account when you buy your perfect queen size mattress.
Have you found the right mattress for your bedroom? What features are the most important for you?