Top 10 Best Quiet Lawn Mowers: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Greenworks MO48B2210 Review
- Your purchase includes One Greenworks G-MAX 17'' Pull Mower, 2508302 model with Two 24V 4Ah Batteries and Dual Port Charger
- Lawn Mower dimensions – 52.05” L x 19.21” W x 41” H | Battery Capacity – 4Ah | Battery Life – Approx. 2000 charge cycles | Wheels size – 7” and 8” | Cutting width – 17”
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use
- The unit is made of high quality durable plastic, which allows it to be light in weight and easy to maneuver
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
Push Button Start: Greenworks 25022 Review
- Durable 20-Inch Steel Deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-Position Single Lever Height Adjustment
- Push Button Start. Drive system: manual
Easy to Maneuver: American Lawn Mower Company 50514 Review
- Powerful 11-Amp motor provides the power to cut all types of grasses; High efficiency motor for gas-like power
- Large 14" cutting width with 5-position easy-change cutting height adjustment from 1" to 2. 5"
- 2-in-1 rear discharge and mulching system; Includes hard top 16 Gal grass bag with grass level indicator for convenience and easy disposal
- Multiple handle height positions, making it comfortable for all users; Compact and slim frame with folding handles for easy storage
- Lightweight and easy to operate; Clean air alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers
Environment-friendly & Super Quiet: Great States 304-14 Review
- Quick, adjustable cutting Height of 0.5"-1.75" For a clean, even cut every time
- 14" Cutting width, 5-Blade ball bearing reel, and 8.5" Composite wheels
- Blades are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- T-style handle with cushioned grip and lightweight design for comfort; easy, tool-less assembly
- Clean and quiet way to maintain your lawn; requires no gas or oil.Tire Type:Solid rubber
Great for Small Lawns: Sun Joe MJ401E Review
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 14-inch wide path
- ADJUSTABLE DECK: Tailor cutting height with 3-position height control
- STEEL BLADES: Durable 14-Inch steel blade cuts with precision
- ACCESSORIES: Includes 10. 6-gal bag and discharge chute
- PRO VERSION: Comes with rear discharge chute (MJ401E-DCA)
Good Battery Life: Snapper XD 82V MAX Review
- Up to 90-minutes run time with (2) Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0 Batteries; Kit comes with (2) 2.0 Lithium ion batteries and rapid charger
- 19 inch steel mowing deck with 3 in 1 design mulch, bag or side discharge grass clippings easily.
- Smart, efficient load sensing technology power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades
- Push button start and a single lever, 7 position height of cut adjustment
- Compact vertical storage capability saves room in a garage or shred
Automatic Feed System: BLACK+DECKER MTE912 Review
- AFS automatic feed system ensures continual work without bumping or having to stop
- Gear Drive transmission prevents bogging down
- Ideal Property Size: 750 feet. Charge Time at 100 percent 4 hrs. Charge Time at 60 percent 2.5 hrs
- The 6.5 Amp motor provides Maximum performance
- Does not come with an extension power cord
Ideal for ⅛ Acre: BLACK+DECKER BEMW482BH Review
- Winged blade for 30% better clipping collection
- Designed to power through tall grass. Ideal for 1/8 acre
- Push-button start
- 6 Height adjustments available from 1 in. To 3 in.
- Rugged wheel treads designed to give user control in thick grass
Effective: BLACK+DECKER MM2000 Review
- 20-inch wide cutting path
- 7-setting height adjustment from 1-1/2 inch to 4 inches high
- Convenient carrying handle.Deck Material:ABS Plastic
- 13-gallon nylon grass collection bag
- Included Components: (1) Mower, (1) Grass collection bag; Power Source: Electric
Patented Intellicut Technology: WORX WG779 Review
- [6 HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS] A single lever lets you set the height you want to cut your lawn, depending on the season, or just your preference
- [INTELLICUT] feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions
- [SAME BATTERY, EXPANDABLE POWER] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [MULCH OR BAG] This 2-in-1 mower lets you bag it up, or mulch your grass back into the ground, it’s up to you
- [BATTERY METER] The on-board battery charge indicator lets you know exactly how much juice you have left before you need to head back to the garage
Buyer's Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Quiet Lawn Mower
Lawnmowers come in different shapes, sizes, and specifications. And the most common of them all are the noisy and annoying ones that majorly use gasoline. But with the advancement in technology, you can now get the quietest lawn mowers that will enable you and your neighbors to have some peace and quiet during mowing.
In this guide, we will be doing some reviews of the best quiet lawn mowers on the market, their features, and other important things to look out for when trying to purchase the best and quietest among them and even the quietest gas lawn mower.
Major Benefits of Using a Quiet Mower
There are loads of benefits to derive from buying one of these. Aside from the fact that you won’t have to worry about disturbing others with the noise that could emanate from the machine, you will also not be worried about the health implications that a noisy one is capable of causing to the ears.
Since the best quiet lawn mower/trimmer is often powered by electricity or batteries, you don’t need to worry about polluting the environment — which is something the ones that use gasoline are known for.
Another benefit is that they are user-friendly and easy to operate with less effort. And most of them are pretty cheap and affordable; hence, you can get the best brand on the market without breaking the bank.
What To Consider Before Buying A Quiet Lawn Trimmer?
Before purchasing a quiet lawn mower, there are certain features you must look out for to enable you to get the top-rated ones. You must be able to check the reviews online and take cognizance of the following:
This should come first when you are making your quiet lawn mower selection. The weight and size depends on your storage space and your ability to carry the machine from one place to another. How portable is it?
If you have a one with a larger deck, then you are in for a heavy and bulky ride, where you also have to get large storage for it. Therefore, you must consider the weight and size of the machine for easy portability and storage.
The Diameter of the Cutting Deck
The cutting deck has to do with the area the blade will be able to cut. You need to ensure that you get the one with a larger cutting deck to save you the time and stress of doing more than one pass while cutting the grass, especially when you have a large expanse of area to trim.
One with a smaller cutting deck can be quite slow and time-consuming. Hence, you should go for the larger ones.
Adaptable Cutting Depth
The ability to adjust the cutting depth is another key feature you should look out for. This feature will enable you to evenly cut your grass to the ideal size you want. Also, the type of grass you have will also help you determine the type of best lawn mower 2020 to get.
Battery Capacity (for electric)
The charging time of the lawn mower batteries and battery capacity is another factor to consider when buying a quiet electric lawn mower. You need to make sure that your machine’s batteries are durable and can last for a long duration of time during mowing. The charger and other accessories should also be adequately looked at before purchase.
Other Features to Look Out For
These features have to do with your special needs or personal preferences. They include:
- Maintenance: The electric mowers are easier to maintain and have many reviews for being the top-rated among the different types of quiet lawn mower reviews.
If we were to compare the electric lawn mower rating with the gas-powered ones, then the former is the best due to the non-existent of oil refilling, oil spillage, and frequent replacement of filters. Therefore, electric mowers are cost-effective and require less maintenance. All you need to do is charge and sharpen or change the blade when required.
- Self-Propelling: Oftentimes, large mowers usually come with self-propelling drive wheels that enable you to push the machine effortlessly. There is also an option of a quiet riding lawn mower among any cheap electric mowers, where you can equally get the cordless equivalent that is fully automated to help give you the best mowing experience.
- Child Safety: A safety feature is generally required to avoid any accident with the machine. And it is even the most crucial when you have children around. There are sharp cutting blades that virtually all trimmers have, which could lead to something disastrous if proper safety measures are not taken.
- Mulching and Collecting: You can also consider this feature to enable you to cut your grass neatly and also add nutrients to the soil, which will inevitably aid the growth of your plants.
Quite Electric Mower: Safety Features
- Chute Warning labels: This will warn you to keep your hands and feet off the chute while riding the mower during mowing.
- Grass shoot Deflector: This helps throw objects towards the ground and prevents them from flying in the air to hit people or places.
- Safety interlocks: It helps to ensure that the engine doesn’t start when blades are engaged, or the machine is in gear.
- Rare or foot shield: This prevents your feet from getting caught in the blades of the machine.
- Operator Presence Control (OPC) System: It helps to stop the blade totally, a few seconds after the blade control is released.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about lawn mower:
Is It Possible To Make My Lawn Mower Quieter?
Making your mowing device quieter can be done in diverse ways. But the best method we can recommend is by checking your device muffler for any damage because a cracked or damaged muffler is capable of producing unsolicited noise. You can then proceed to cover the muffler with some high-temperature spray paint if the crack is a very small one.
Alternatively, you can install an engine silencer to your muffler.
Do Quiet Gas Lawn Mowers Exist?
Not really. Most typical gas mowers emit noise, which makes them distinct from the electric ones.
How Much Noise Can an Electric Lawn Mower Make?
Usually, it produces noise that is around 75 decibels, which is close to being as loud as an average washing machine.
We hope that you have been able to get some tips from our quiet lawn mower reviews to help you select the best quiet lawn mower 2020. Whether you aim to acquire some quiet lawn tractors, best push mower, or reel mower, we believe that this review will adequately help guide you in making the right choice.
If we were to recommend the best lawn mower, then it will be the Greenworks 16 inch 40-volt Cordless Mower, due to the many amazing benefits it offers. You can also check out homemakerguide.com for more information.
- 1 Top 10 Best Quiet Lawn Mowers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Greenworks MO48B2210 Review
- 1.2 Push Button Start: Greenworks 25022 Review
- 1.3 Easy to Maneuver: American Lawn Mower Company 50514 Review
- 1.4 Environment-friendly & Super Quiet: Great States 304-14 Review
- 1.5 Great for Small Lawns: Sun Joe MJ401E Review
- 1.6 Good Battery Life: Snapper XD 82V MAX Review
- 1.7 Automatic Feed System: BLACK+DECKER MTE912 Review
- 1.8 Ideal for ⅛ Acre: BLACK+DECKER BEMW482BH Review
- 1.9 Effective: BLACK+DECKER MM2000 Review
- 1.10 Patented Intellicut Technology: WORX WG779 Review
- 2 Buyer's Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Quiet Lawn Mower
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Wrapping up