Top 5 Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Most Portable - Robinair RG3 Review
- Compact and lightweight, the RG3 features a 40 percent smaller footprint, is easy to carry, and weighs in at just 18 pounds for superior portability
- Handles almost all refrigerants - the RG3 works with all common CFC, HFC, and HCFC refrigerants including R-410A
- 1/3 HP, 115V AC, 60 Hz single cylinder, oil-less compressor is capable of recovering both liquid and vapor
- High efficiency cross flow design features a fan and condenser layout that is optimized for shorter cycle times
- High pressure safety shut-off switch automatically shuts off machine if pressure rises above 550 PSI
Fast Recovery: Most Versatile - DreamJoy HBS-1A Review
- Power: 115V 60Hz; Compressor: 1/2 hp, direct drive,Horizontal bar oil-free, air-cooled; Capabilities: Push-Pull, Liquid, Vapor; Motor speed: [email protected]; High pressure shut-off: 558psi; Operating temperature: 32-104°F; Overall dimensions: 17.6"x8.9"x13.6"; N.W.: 32lbs
- The Refrigerant Recovery Machine incorporates an exclusive oil-free lubrication compressor that maximizes speed in both liquid and vapor recovery. High efficiency compressor design--20% to 50% quicker recovery rate than that of similar international products, especially for R410 high pressure refrigerant.
- Oversized pressure gauges, comfortable handle and simple controls. Lightweight and easy to carry, the HBS-1A Refrigerant Recovery Machine can withstand the harsh conditions found in industrial and commercial refrigerant recovery.
- The Refrigerant Recovery Machine is built for speed providing the best refrigerant recovery speeds in all conditions, including high temperatures - for an over sized condenser keeps the machine cool in extreme environments.
- This HBS-1A is capable to recovery all kinds of refrigerants recovery and recharge, even CFC/HCFC/HFC categories of refrigerants including R12, R22, R134, R407C, R410A etc.
Trouble-free: Appion G5 TWIN Review
- Compact and lightweight: Weighs only 24 lbs.
- Twin Cylinders and Twin Condensers for ultra fast recovery
- Refrigerant-Isolated Crankcase, eliminating bearing contamination
- Pumps R410A liquid and vapor
- 7-inch 10-blade turbine fan @ 3000 rpm blasts 600 cfm of cooling air over the twin heads and condensers
Excellent Quality: Fieldpiece MR45 Review
- Micro channel CONDENSER/Compresses more refrigerant at twice the RPMs (3, 300) and twice the horsepower (1HP)
- Twin cylinder compressor (oil-less)/water resistance to withstand direct rain
- Ceramic cylinder for longer life and less friction
- Micro Channel Condenser/compresses More Refrigerant At Twice The Rpms (3, 300) And Twice The Horsepower (1hp)
- Twin Cylinder Compressor (oil-less)/water Resistance To Withstand Direct Rain
Easy to Operate: Robinair RG6 Review
- Easy to operate Twin-Cylinder Design provides best-in-class* recovery performance and features a rugged case, oversized pressure gauges, comfortable handle, and simple controls
- Handles almost all refrigerants - the RG6 works with all common CFC, HFC, and HCFC refrigerants including R-410A
- 3/4 HP, 115V AC, 60 Hz twin-cylinder, oil-less compressor is capable of recovering both liquid and vapor
- Equipped with oversized condensers and fan to ensure maximum cooling performance and shorter cycle times. Dimensions-17 L x 9 W x 12 H inches
- High pressure safety shut-off switch automatically shuts machine off if pressure rises above 550 PSI; self-purge feature eliminates potential for cross-contamination and saves time
Buying Guide for the Best Refrigerant Recovery Machine
A fast and efficient unit can be used to completely and successfully recover both commercial and residential freezer. It should be lightweight, compact, and portable.
What is actually a Refrigerant Recovery Machine?
It is a device used to remove refrigerants from cooling equipment by following the EPA standards. The cooling device is recovered into a cylinder (tank) for subsequent recycling or reuse.
The Criteria for Buying the Best Machine
The selection of the most suitable equipment is the most critical step, and the finalized machine must meet your requirements completely. The following are five different metrics that can guide you to select the most suitable one. The adequately sized equipment also helps to ensure the fastest possible working process.
Two Cylinders or Just One?
Twin Cylinder is more potent than a single-cylinder and can ultimately save your time. However, twin-cylinder machines are typically more expensive.
This selection mostly depends on your budget and usage requirements. Whether you decide to go with the faster, but more expensive, twin-cylinder or the more economical single cylinder. Furthermore, make sure you compare the recovery time of the equipment to your price range.
The Standards of EPA
Buyers from the United States must choose the machines that comply with EPA standards to avoid fines from improper removal of refrigerants. In the abidance of Section 608 of the Clean Air Act, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued regulations in regards to handling, recovery, recycling, and reuse of refrigerants throughout the applied processes.
It’s federally mandated that these parameters got followed, and failing to do so can lead to non-compliance with the EPA resulting in fines and penalties, and that’s why you find the EPA standards as a priority in most of the reviews.
The portable machines are designed and capable of being carried easily from one location to another. The portability is one of the fundamental characteristics you ought to be on a lookout while getting a wonderful equipment.
These portable refrigerant recovery machines are small in size and can be carried easily like the Robinair RG3 & RG6 machines. You find portability as the priority in the majority of reviews.
To ensure that the minimum amount of cooling device is leaked into the air, you should get the right size of the AC refrigerant recovery machine. An adequately sized AC recovery machine ensures that the improvement process is sufficiently efficient. These refrigerant recovery machines 2020 are divided into three major categories, according to suitability: Small Appliance Size, Residential-Use Size, and Commercial-Use Size.
Accuracy in recovery & fast recovery rates must be a priority, and the best refrigerant recovery equipment must recover the common refrigerants like R-22, R-410 Series, R-12, and R-123a.
Best Refrigerant Recovery Machine FAQ
How Does a Refrigerant Recovery Machine Operate?
It holds two functionalities (Input and Output). The Output is connected to the recovery cylinder, and the Input is connected to the device that requires it. There are typically two methods that define the working of this machine, direct recovery and push/pull. It would help if you always familiarized yourself with the equipment/device that you are working with.
How to Use a Refrigerant Recovery Machine?
Using recovery machines is not a difficult task. It’s a three-step guide that can help you understand the basics of using these machines.
- Perceive the fundamentals: Before you begin with how to utilize a recovery machine, you ought to know about the sort of freezer that is utilized in your equipment and whether you need to put back the refrigerant in the same device.
- Ensure that the recovery machine doesn’t expose to dirt: While recovering the cooling device, the recovering equipment might be exposed to dirt that has been gathering in your gadget for quite a while. To keep any dirt from entering the tank (and possibly diminishing its lifeline), make sure to utilize an inline filter at the inlet port.
- Recover the Refrigerant: You must first recover the liquid refrigerant before recovering vapor. Make a point to utilize the correct techniques like the push-pull method to pump the refrigerant out of your unit.
How Important is the Refrigerant Recovery?
Refrigerants play a vital role in the heat transfer process that makes air conditioning and heat systems possible. In recent years, the EPA is phasing out these refrigerants because the EPA contributes to ozone layer depletion and the increasing potential of global warming. These are other essential reasons to recover refrigerants besides the law and environmental benefits. It reduces the number of harmful refrigerants exposed to humans. Machines eventually break or wear out, and the need for additional units becomes necessary.
Refrigerant recovery machines must be portable and lightweight. Furthermore, these machines must be environmental-friendly along with the more excellent recovery rates. However, our recommendation can be a range of machines due to your varying requirements.
For example, Robinair refrigerant recovery machines 2020 models are an ideal solution for various HVAC solutions and can work for conventional HFC, HCFC, and CFC refrigerants. If you require rapid recovery than twin-cylinder functionality should be your priority because they ensure fast working speeds apart from being portable, they are quite easy to use, and their solid construction makes units highly durable.
You can always choose the most suitable or affordable & cheap refrigerant recovery machine on the market from our refrigerant recovery machine reviews on homemakerguide.com.
- 1 Top 5 Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines: Comparison Table
- 2 Buying Guide for the Best Refrigerant Recovery Machine
- 3 Best Refrigerant Recovery Machine FAQ
- 4 Final Thoughts