- 1 Top 5 Best Riding Lawn Mowers: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Easy + Durable - Troy-Bilt 382cc Riding Lawn Mower Review
- 1.2 Great Motor: Most Powerful - Husqvarna 24 HP Kawasaki Zero Turn Riding Mower Review
- 1.3 Well-made: Husqvarna Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower Review
- 1.4 Compact: Husqvarna 17 HP Loncin Gas Riding Lawn Mower Review
- 1.5 Versatile: Husqvarna 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Riding Mower Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Riding Lawn Mowers
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 5 Best Riding Lawn Mowers: Comparison Table
The table below contains the characteristics of the most popular lawn tractors. Also, you will come across the best riding lawn mower reviews that will definitely help you to choose a right helper for your lawn and yard. So, what’s the best lawn tractor for you?
Best Overall: Easy + Durable - Troy-Bilt 382cc Riding Lawn Mower Review
- Powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine with top forward speeds of 4.25 MPH and a 6-speed transmission
- The 30-Inch cutting deck featuring 5 adjustable settings couples the benefits of a standard riding mower with the size of a wide cut walk behind mower
- Designed with an 18-Inch turning radius with 13x5-inch front wheels and 16x6.5-inch rear wheels
- Manual power take-off for fast and easy blade engagement
- This neighborhood mower is ideal for standard land owners with a medium sized landscape and relatively even terrain
Great Motor: Most Powerful - Husqvarna 24 HP Kawasaki Zero Turn Riding Mower Review
- 24 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and high ground speeds
- Roll-over protection system (ROPS) ensures safer operation in all conditions
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 61 in. cut with an ergonomically designed deck lifting system for quick and easy adjustments from the operator’s seat
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple bag collection system (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration dampeners make mowing comfortable for hours on end
Well-made: Husqvarna Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower Review
- 18 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- Hydrostatic, no-maintenance transmission is worry free, allowing the mower to take on a variety of cutting conditions
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
- ClearCut deck offers a best-in-class 42 in. cut and better bagging thanks to its deep deck design, superior air flow and high-performance blades
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
Compact: Husqvarna 17 HP Loncin Gas Riding Lawn Mower Review
- Reinforced cutting deck delivers superior durability, season after season
- Pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission improves performance and control
- Air induction mowing technology lifts grass for a precise cut
- Ergonomic steering wheel ensures consistent handling
- Optional add-on attachments provide versatility
Versatile: Husqvarna 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Riding Mower Review
- 24 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin engine features ReadyStart for easy starting and powerful performance
- Foot pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change speed and direction, which lets you keep both hands on the steering wheel for optimum driving control
- Cruise control allows the tractor to maintain consistent speed in rough terrain
- Electric cutting deck engagement allows the operator to turn on the mower deck with the pull of a switch on the control panel Tight 16 in. turning radius allows you to mow in tighter spaces and navigate around obstacles
- 48 in. triple blade, reinforced cutting deck with air induction mowing technology and 4 anti-scalp wheels
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Riding Lawn Mowers
How To Choose The Best Riding Lawn Mower
When choosing a suitable model of the best riding lawn mower, you should choose the one that perfectly fits your expectations and goal. In addition, you need to keep in mind the following specifications:
Type of the Engine
Best rated riding lawn mowers in most cases are equipped with high-quality motors from the world’s leading manufacturers like Honda, Kawasaki or Kohler. The higher the expected amount of work, the more powerful motor you need. Riders can be completed with one- or two-cylinder motors with a capacity of 10-25 hp. For the maintenance of a small area, it will be quite enough for the entry-level models.
Type of Transmission
Best garden tractors on the wheels can be equipped with a mechanical or hydrostatic transmission. In the first case, you will have to monitor the correct transmission speed, and in the second – you can easily manage the device with the help of front and back pedals with maximum simplicity and convenience.
Weight and Dimensions
Too large and heavy, or, conversely, light best value riding mower can deliver a lot of problems when caring for a yard or a farm. Therefore, the selection of the model by weight and overall dimensions should be taken with all seriousness.
Ease of Use and Maintenance
Pay attention to the presence or absence of a cabin, the reliability and availability of replacement parts, the quality of the control system and the requirements for maintenance. All these factors play a significant role in the selection of the best riding lawn mower. But the cost of maintenance or re-equipment of your riding mower in the long term should be also taken into account.
Best Lawn Mowers Types
The best garden tractors have the engine installed under the driver’s seat, and not in front, like in standard garden tractors. Riding lawn tractors are divided into 2 main groups:
Riders with a Lower Deck
The cutting mechanism in such models is under the driver’s seat. The main advantage of such models is the low price.
Riders with a Front Deck
The location of the cutting mechanism at the front is ideal for a better view for the person on the seat. Moreover, in this case, the quality and comfort of work will be also improved.
Riders with a Zero Turning Radius
Zero turn riding mower is a completely separate class of the best garden tractors. Thanks to the ability to control the driving wheels, you can easily turn such machine around at the same place. This ensures the convenience of using riders in crowded areas, as well as in areas with a large number of different objects and obstacles.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Based on homemakerguide best riding lawn mower reviews, 382CC riding lawn mower by Troy-Bilt is the best choice. It is able to cope with the grass on large lawns, has a powerful engine and 6-speed transmission. The ride with this best riding lawn mower 2020 is more than easy and comfortable. Moreover, absolutely durable wheels allow excellent maneuverability. This machine can cut the grass even while going backwards. Premium 30-inch wide deck has a perfect efficiency. Troy Bilt riding lawn mower is easy in use and comes with the oil inside, which needs to be checked later. And finally, you should choose this product among other top rated lawn tractors because it is cost-effective!