- 1 Top 10 Best Throw Projectors 2020
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Picture Quality - BenQ 1080p Short Throw Projector Review
- 1.2 Advanced Gaming Mode: Best For Gaming - ViewSonic 1080p Short Throw Projector Review
- 1.3 4K Projector: VAVA 4K UHD Utra Short Throw Projector Review
- 1.4 Bright Picture: BenQ WXGA Short Throw Projector Review
- 1.5 For 3D Content: Optoma Short Throw Projector for Gaming, Movies and Sports Review
- 1.6 Best For Living Room: LG Ultra Short Throw LED Home Theater Projector Review
- 1.7 Small & Portable: ASUS Portable Mini Projector Review
- 1.8 Great Colors: ViewSonic True 4K UHD Short Throw LED Portable Projector Review
- 1.9 Versatile: Optoma Ultra Short Throw Gaming and Movie Projector Review
- 1.10 Most Affordable: Sony Pocket-Sized Short-Throw Projector Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Short Throw Projector
- 3 The Best Short Throw Projector. Final Advice
Top 10 Best Throw Projectors 2020
Well, we spent weeks of testing the best short throw projectors available on the market and managed to choose the ones that deserve exceptional attention. A short throw projector review contains all the information you need to know about the top-selling devices. Be sure that after you read all the reviews, you will be ready to choose the best device up to your needs and won’t have any concerns.
Best Overall: Top Picture Quality - BenQ 1080p Short Throw Projector Review
- UNPARALLELED PICTURE QUALITY: With Native Full HD 1080p Resolution, 92% Rec. 709 Color Accuracy, 3000 Lumens and high native contrast ratio for the ultimate immersive cinematic and gaming experience.
- GEARED TOWARDS GAMING: Ultra-fast low input lag and a refresh rate that matches the max output of Xbox One X & PS4 Pro ensure ultra-smooth gaming experiences without motion blur to keep you on the top of your game.
- WOW YOUR FRIENDS: Take the action to the big screen by projecting a 100 inch screen from just 5 feet away. Projects up to 300 inches.
- AWARD WINNING PROJECTOR: Best Projector for Gaming - High Ground Gaming 2019
- INDUSTRY-LEADING : 3-year limited parts and labor coverage makes you rest easy that our US-based customer service team is here when you need it.
Advanced Gaming Mode: Best For Gaming - ViewSonic 1080p Short Throw Projector Review
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like experience in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive Color technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- SHORT THROW: With a short throw lens, this projector can be placed just inches away from a wall or screen to give you a huge image
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY and Gaming Mode: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Eco Mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
4K Projector: VAVA 4K UHD Utra Short Throw Projector Review
- Ultra Short Throw: Cast a 100 inch image from only 7.2 inches away from the wall! With a space-saving design, quick and easy setup, and the ability to adjust your projection from between 80 to 150 inches on the fly, you can enjoy a cinematic experience from the comfort of your own home!
- 4K Resolution with HDR 10: Feast your eyes on awe-inspiring visuals with deeper colors, higher contrast, fuller saturation, and sharper imagery. The VAVA's 3000: 1 native contrast far exceeds the standard 2000: 1 native contrast found in movie theaters.
- Advanced Laser Light Source: 2500 ANSI Lumens of brightness combined with state-of-the-art picture and color performance deliver up to 25,000 hours of maintenance-free operation. You can enjoy the projector up to 4 hours a day for the next 17 years!
- Home Theater with ALPD 3.0: Patented state of the art technology doubles the light efficiency of standard projectors. Enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows anywhere in your home, day or night.
- Integrated Harman Kardon Soundbar: Built-in stereo surround speakers provide high-fidelity sound with 60W of power. Lossless dts-HD and Dolby Audio prevent distortion and create a superior audio experience.
Bright Picture: BenQ WXGA Short Throw Projector Review
- EXECUTIVE QUALITY PROJECTOR – WXGA resolution (1280x800) offers 2x more resolution than SVGA for a better experience during your presentations, movies, and pictures.
- DESIGNED FOR ANY ENVIRONMENT – With it’s 3, 200 lumens and a high native contrast ratio, enjoy more accurate, vivid color, even in well-lit rooms.
- EXTENDED LAMP LIFE – Up to an impressive 10, 000 hour lamp life, your projector should last over 10 years, even if you give a 2 hour presentation every day.
- BIG PICTURE IN SMALL SPACES – 0. 9 Short throw lens design prevents you from getting blinded by light when giving presentations.
- STANDARD CONNECTIVITY – 2 HDMI ports provide exceptional audio and video quality in one cable; Clear Image Size (Diagonal): 60"~120"; Image Size: 30"~300"
For 3D Content: Optoma Short Throw Projector for Gaming, Movies and Sports Review
- DARBEE VISION IMAGE PROCESSOR: The GT1080Darbee's proprietary DarbeeVision image-enhancement technology enables greater detail in textures and reflective surfaces providing an unsurpassed gaming experience
- SHORT THROW LENS: Experience a large 120" image projected from 4 feet away; short throw projectors allow placement closer to the screen making it ideal for more smaller spaces and easier installation
- ENHANCED GAMING MODE: Enjoy lightning fast response times of 16ms. Power Consumption-262W Max Bright, 215W Max ECO mode. Power Supply-AC input 100-240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switching
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: The GT1080Darbee is ideal in a variety of environments including family rooms, theater rooms and game rooms, as well as outdoor spaces such as backyards, camping, tailgating and more
- INCREDIBLE PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy bright, razor-sharp images with 3, 000 lumens, 28, 000: 1 contrast ratio, and Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080)
Best For Living Room: LG Ultra Short Throw LED Home Theater Projector Review
- Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080)
- Up to 100 inch projection
- Up to 1000 ANSI Lumens
- LG SMART TV compatible
- 30, 000 hour battery life
Small & Portable: ASUS Portable Mini Projector Review
- Built-in 6,000 mAh rechargeable battery delivers up to 3-hour projection time and doubles as a power bank to charge your mobile devices
- Advanced DLP Technology with 30,000-hour LED lifespan, 200 lumens brightness, 854x480 native resolution and big screen size up to 100 inches (in low-light conditions)
- Palm-sized and .75 pounds lightweight for maximum portability with the best-in-class 1:1 short-throw ratio.
- HDMI/MHL port ensures compatibility with a variety of sources, USB port for charging only. Built-in ASUS Sonic Master enhanced-speaker for authentic sound reproduction
- To connect with iPhone/iPad(Lightning port only), purchase separately the Lightning Digital AV Adapter from Apple. To connect with Samsung devices, purchase separately a Samsung specific MHL cable(5 pin to 11 pin) for video output.
Great Colors: ViewSonic True 4K UHD Short Throw LED Portable Projector Review
- BIG SCREEN HOME THEATER: Immersive theater-like experience in 4K UHD (3840x2160), on a screen up to 200 inches in 2400 (LED) lumens
- SMART PROJECTOR: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control, and Wi-Fi connectivity for Smart TV streaming from YouTube, and more
- LAMP-FREE PROJECTION: Solid-state LED technology with 30,000-hour lifespan consumes far less power than a typical LCD TV
- VIVID COLORS: Rec. 709 color accuracy and HDR content support produces lifelike colors for a fuller, more immersive viewing experience
- PREMIUM AUDIO: Built-in Dual Harman Kardon Bluetooth speakers deliver room-filling audio
Versatile: Optoma Ultra Short Throw Gaming and Movie Projector Review
- ULTRA-SHORT THROW: Experience a large 100" diagonal image projected from only inches away with an ultra-short throw lens; ultra short throw projectors allow placement close to the screen or wall providing easy cable management and an unobstructed projected image from foot traffic or objects
- INCREDIBLE PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy bright, razor-sharp images with 3, 600 lumens, 20, 000: 1 contrast ratio, and 1080p resolution
- EASY IMAGE SET-UP: The auto keystone sensors and four-corner correction ensure a sharp, detailed image for quick, trouble-free set-up; when the projector or table is bumped, the image will refocus instantly
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Enjoy up to 15, 000 hours of lamp life enabling an average of 4 hours of viewing time every day 10+ years
- FULL 3D: The GT5600 displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 144Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images; 3D glasses required
Most Affordable: Sony Pocket-Sized Short-Throw Projector Review
- Pocket-sized portable projector. It weighs less than 1lb !
- Ansi 105 lumen for bright and dynamic pictures by IntelliBright technology for up to 120” screen– short-throw and automatic Keystone correction
- Built in 5000mAh battery with a 2 hrs cable free operation
- Attach an HDMI dongle to provide wireless connectivity.Charging Time - Approx. 2.5 hours (from CP-AD3 (sold separately)) Approx. 4 hours (with 1.5 A power supply)
- Quick 5-second boot for stress-free setup for your business presentation
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Short Throw Projector
How to Choose the Best Short Throw Projector
So, what are the most important characteristics of a short-throw projector, which should be noted when choosing a device? All the items below will be helpful if you need to make the right choice.
Each projector has a throw rate parameter, which indicates a ratio of the distance between the projector and the screen. Projectors with a high ratio of 2.0:1 are called long throw projectors and they can be installed on a distance of 4 meters from the screen.
Based on short throw projector review, these devices have a ratio of less than1.5:1 and ultra-short throe devices have a ratio of about 0.25:1, which allows you to install the projector at a distance of only 10-20 cm from the screen. In this case, a large image is projected, and the speaker is not in the path of light and does not cast a shadow on the screen. So, it is necessary to determine, where you’d like to use your device before you make a purchase.
In absolute darkness, you won’t need more than 1500 lumens, even for a diagonal screen of 130 inches. And for 80-inch 600 lumens would be quite enough. Excessive brightness in the darkness is decidedly useless. The brightness of the projector should be several times higher than the level of illumination. Most of the top-rated projectors have a luminous flux around 3000 Lm. This figure has settled as a kind of standard.
Resolution is one of the main parameters of the best short throw projector. On the one hand, the higher the resolution – the more clear and detailed the picture will be. On the other hand, the resolution has a fixed screen shape. For example, projectors with a resolution of 1024 × 768 (XGA) have a 4: 3 aspect ratio, and projectors with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 (full HD) – 16: 9. 4: 3 is more square, 16: 9 is stretched horizontally and is the standard for HDTV formats, Blu-ray, 4: 3 due to its shape is suitable for viewing documents and web pages. The choice of resolution directly depends on your tasks and the source materials that you are plan to display.
When displaying 3D from a computer, you need to be sure that the best short throw projector supports the stereo pair format that you send to it. Example formats – top-bottom, side-by-side, frame packing. To display 3D Blu-ray discs you need HDMI version from 1.4.
3D is to some extent supported by many projectors, although the best quality is provided by devices specially designed for this task. If you are fond of 3D movies, consider buying the projector with 3D support.
We hope that taking into account all the recommendations you will be able to make a right choice, and then the projector will not only help you in your work but also bring a lot of joy, good mood and unforgettable impressions of watching movies and playing games on a big screen in a cozy atmosphere.
The Best Short Throw Projector. Final Advice
After you know everything about short throw projectors offered on the market, it’s time to speak a bit more about the best short throw projector 2020. We at homemakerguide gave the 1st place to BenQ 1080p Short Throw Projector. This item is our top pick due to numerous factors. First of all, it is the best short throw projector at 1080p. Also, it should be preferred by professional gamers, because it has only 16.67 ms of delay in output. In addition, to a quick response, it produces less noise. This parameter is very important because the projector is located close to you and it shouldn’t irritate. The picture with this best short throw projector really sparkles thanks to solid ANSI contrast and absolutely rich colors. The color balance of the best short throw projector is so close to ideal and is a good fit for the home theater or for playing video games. The built-in speaker is as good as it is possible for a device of this size, and much better than most competitors have. In addition, it is lightweight and small in size. What else is needed for happiness?