- 1 Top 10 Best Smart Locks: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Security - Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt Review
- 1.2 Easy To Install: Most Affordable - Kwikset Smart Lock Touchpad Review
- 1.3 3rd Fingerprint Gen Access Technology: Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock Review
- 1.4 Easy To Use: August Home Smart Lock Pro Review
- 1.5 Voice Control: August Smart Lock and Connect Wi-Fi Brige Review
- 1.6 Z-Wave Compatibility: Yale Assure Lock with Z-Wave Review
- 1.7 Good Quality: August Smart Lock Pro Review
- 1.8 Advanced Fingerprint Sensor: HARFO Keyless Entry Door Lock Review
- 1.9 Easy Management Via Smartphone: Reagle Smart Lock Review
- 1.10 Micro-USB For Emergency Power: ULTRALOQ Fingerprint and Keypad Electronic Smart Door Lock Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Smart Lock
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Smart Locks: Comparison Table
We tested top push lawn mowers and provide their detailed reviews and a comparison chart. Here one can find main characteristics of the top-rated push mowers that will help to do the right choice of a garden helper.
Best Overall: Top Security - Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt Review
- Built-in WiFi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere - no additional accessories required. Pair with the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app to create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family for recurring, temporary or permanent access
- Works with alexa. Check the status of your lock and lock / unlock your door. In addition, Alexa will let you know when your battery is running low or set-up smart reorders through Amazon Dash Replenishment so you always have replacement batteries when needed.
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking. Optional voice control offers hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled products
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator offers advanced warning for battery replacement
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver. Unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
Easy To Install: Most Affordable - Kwikset Smart Lock Touchpad Review
- Lock or unlock your door from anywhere with a supporting smart home system using your phone
- Expand your security system solution with Home Connect technology, your key less entry door lock will now communicate wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z Wave
- Up to 30 programmable user access codes for family and guests to use at the door
- Get notiﬁcation when someone locks or unlocks your door or check if your door lock is locked. Latch has adjustable backset 2 3/8 inches to 2 3/4 inches to fit all standard door preparations
- Featuring Smart Key Security re key technology; re key the lock yourself in seconds in 3 easy steps
3rd Fingerprint Gen Access Technology: Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock Review
- 【Rental Hosts & Homeowners】Sifely smart door lock is a great solution for airbnb short-term rental hosts, rental property management, and self-housing resident. Generate passcode remotely and share it to your visitors.
- 【Multiple Ways To Unlock】Advanced 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock: Fingerprint + Code + Fob + Smartphone + Key.
- 【Easy To Install】Easy to install in minutes with just a Phillips screwdriver by following short installation video. No Drills Needed. No Locksmith Needed. Door handle is reversible for both left and right handed door.
- 【Remote Control】Paired with Sifely WiFi Gateway (Optional Add-on, Sold Separately), you can lock/unlock your smart door lock anywhere anytime, set up codes remotely and check real-time access logs.
- 【Money Back Guarantee】Sifely will provide a money back guarantee if you do not love in it in 30 days. We really appreciate your feedback on our products. Please send any questions you have to [email protected] Your suggestion will help us to keep improving products and provide more great products. Website: https://www.sifely.com
Easy To Use: August Home Smart Lock Pro Review
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately). Wireless Requirements-2.4GHertz Wi-Fi network (Connect Wi-Fi Bridge sold separately)
- Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone. Alexa can also provide notifications when your battery is running low so you can proactively replace them. Set up smart reorders through dash replenishment to make sure you always have replacement batteries when you need them.
- Be sure you’re secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked. Holding force: 600 pounds
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 activity feed
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; Use your existing keys at anytime. Requires 110 to 240 Volts
Voice Control: August Smart Lock and Connect Wi-Fi Brige Review
- Lock and unlock your door, grant keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from the August app, from anywhere
- August Connect Wi Fi Bridge included so you get voice integration and remote access right out of the box
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Simply attaches to your existing deadbolt on the inside of your door. Install in under 10 minutes with just a screwdriver
- Only August has Door Sense, a sensor that tells you if your door is securely closed or left opened
- Unlocks automatically as you arrive. Never fumble for keys, shopping, bags or kids when unlocking the door agaInches Auto Lock can be timed to lock as the door closes
Z-Wave Compatibility: Yale Assure Lock with Z-Wave Review
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- Unlock by entering your 4-8 digit PIN code on the backlit, touchscreen keypad, with the physical key, or through your smart home app
- Works with Z-Wave smart home or alarm systems including SmartThings, Wink, Vera, Honeywell and Iris.
- Adjustable latch. Lock and check lock status with Amazon Alexa (requires compatible hub like SmartThings)
- Replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver, requires a face bore hole of 2-1/8", backset of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4", fits on standard doors 1 3/4" to 2 1/4" thick.Voice guided assistance, privacy mode, auto re-lock and more
Good Quality: August Smart Lock Pro Review
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). Alexa can also provide notifications when your battery is running low so you can proactively replace them. Set up smart reorders through Dash Replenishment to make sure you always have replacement batteries when you need them.
- Simply Speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock Pro (requires August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge).
- Control access for anyone. Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, or a few minutes. It’s up to you. August Smart Locks are only compatible with single cylinder deadbolts. The 2nd image illustrates what to look for to determine whether your existing lock is compatible.
- Be sure you're secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked.
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 Activity Feed.
Advanced Fingerprint Sensor: HARFO Keyless Entry Door Lock Review
- Door thickness range: 1 3/8 inch to 2 3/16 inch 35mm-55mm thick.
- OLED DISPLAY + VOICE GUIDE will walk you through the whole process. You can simply use the touchscreen to add or delete user on the device.
- ALL-IN-1 FLEXIBILITY, fingerprint +access card(3 include) + code(4~12 digit) + backup key + double verification to unlock. Up to 300 users max and allow owner to track entry record.
- NEW 3D FINGERPRINT SENSOR bring you a fast & best secure fingerprint recognition system. Accuracy up to 99.86%. Works perfect for kids and the elder.
- DEADBOLT BUTTON can only allow admin users to access. This function can increase your privacy level significantly.
Easy Management Via Smartphone: Reagle Smart Lock Review
- Easy DIY Installation & Setup: Installs in 15 minutes, all you need is a screwdriver. Replaces your existing deadbolt lock and keys. Connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Fits doors 1-3/8" to 2" thick (35mm to 51mm)
- Smart Sharing & Management: Create customized temporary access rights to your door for friends, family or BnB guests. Share them within seconds through our Reagle App. Easily manage multiple Reagle Locks from your smartphone
- Apple HomeKit Certified: Easily integrated on your and your family’s iPhones. Have Siri open and close it. Remotely (required to set up a Home hub) check the status and set up automations.
- Peace of Mind: Receive notifications on your phone if the lock’s batteries are running low. Have Reagle re-lock your door automatically after a set time interval
- Keyless Convenience: Operate your smart lock by smartphone or code input via built-in illuminated keypad. No more carrying around clunky keys or worrying about losing them
Micro-USB For Emergency Power: ULTRALOQ Fingerprint and Keypad Electronic Smart Door Lock Review
- Unlock your Ultraloq anytime, from anywhere. Let friends, guests and service people into your home remotely
- 6-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Lock: Fingerprint + Anti-peep Keypad + Smartphone + Auto Unlock + Shake to Open + Mechanical Key
- Voice control with Alexa, Google Assistant. Works with IFTTT
- Auto lock / unlock: Locks automatically as you leave and unlocks when you arrive
- Share Ekey & Code: Grant access to your family, guests or service people via a code or an eKey for permanent access, specific dates or periods of time
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Smart Lock
The best smart door lock is a device that is suitable for any home, thanks to its design and quality of doors. However, there are certain criteria to be followed when you choose a device for yourself:
How to choose the best smart lock
An important aspect, since some smart home locks are not always compatible with applications for phones and smartphones. If you want to protect yourself better, give preference to the best smart door lock that has built-in Bluetooth. In addition to other benefits, it provides additional protection against hacking by others. However, remember that options, which work via Bluetooth, often do not integrate with the Smart Home system.
Replacement or modification
Depending on the type of best smart locks for home, you will need to change the security handles on your doors. Many best keyless door locks do not require this replacement. They can be installed inside your door, in which case you will have to replace only the inside of the bolt. At the same time, you can use a regular key or control the product, using your smartphone.
Integration with smart home
If you have a smart home system make sure that your smart home door lock will be compatible with it. This means that many best smart locks for homework via Bluetooth, but do not have the ability to integrate into the smart home system. If you want compliance to be complete, think over this aspect beforehand and choose a model that is supported by the corresponding application.
An alternative way to open the door
You can forget your phone at work or other places. Then you will not be able to open the smart house lock using your smartphone. In this case, consider the usual key, the availability of a system for a smart lock on your partner’s phone or a numeric keypad.
Very important criterion. Smart front door locks operate on batteries, which tend to discharge. In a situation, if the battery is discharged and you cannot leave the house, you have to insure yourself. In this case, you should definitely check the availability of emergency power to your smart digital door lock. Often it is possible to connect a 9-volt battery outside the door. This will be enough to open it.
Sometimes you may not close the door completely when you leave. Imagine that you are already far enough to check it. Then the geofencing system will automatically close the door if you left its borders. In addition, this system can be configured so that when you return to the borders, it will automatically open the door for you.
This feature will give you the opportunity to make temporary keys for your guests. You can remove them when they leave. In the smart entry door locks of the new generation, it is even possible to set a time limit when an access code can be used.
Read user smart lock reviews, because it will give you the opportunity to understand how a particular model shows itself in real life. In addition, smart lock reviews will show what advantages and difficulties, which may arise in management. This will help you not to make a mistake when choosing your own device.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
We at homemakerguide believe that the best smart lock is one of the best innovative inventions in the field of technologies for the home. The best smart lock it is s new word in the protection of a house after Smart Home System.
If you choose the best smart lock, you buy not only protection but comfort too. The best device on our list and rating “The best smart lock 2020” is Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt. It has perfect characteristics and great smart lock reviews from many users. You can also choose from other models of this list. They are also very reliable.