- 1 Top 10 Best Soundar Under 200: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Clearest Sound - Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System Review
- 1.2 Top Quality: Best Theater Experience - vmai TV Sound Bar with Subwoofer Review Review
- 1.3 Easy To Set: Polk Audio Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar Review
- 1.4 Highly Configured: BYL Sound Bar Review
- 1.5 Great Budget Choice: WOHOME 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar Review
- 1.6 Rich Bass: JBL Bar Home Theater Starter System Review
- 1.7 Room-filling Sound: VIZIO 2.1 Sound Bar Review
- 1.8 Great For Movies: TCL Home Theater Sound Bar Review
- 1.9 Compact Size: Sceptre Sound Bar Home Speakers Review
- 1.10 Dual Built-in Subwoofers: Yamaha Sound Bar
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Soundbars Under 200
- 2.1 How to choose the best budget soundbar
- 2.2 Best Soundbars Under 200 Types
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best Soundar Under 200: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Clearest Sound - Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System Review
- Single sound bar provides better sound quality compared to your TV.The Solo 5 TV sound system is an easy solution, with advanced technologies that deliver the clear audio your TV can’t.
- Dialogue mode to make every word and detail stand out
- Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream music from any of your devices
- Connects audio component, like a sound bar to receiver/preamp, audio processor, DAC, or television
- Clear, multi-channel, fiber-optic digital audio output through lightweight, flexible cable
Top Quality: Best Theater Experience - vmai TV Sound Bar with Subwoofer Review Review
- 2.1 CHANNEL IMMERSIVE SOUND EXPERIENCE - 120W Sound bar delivers noticeably better sound than your TV alone. With advanced technologies, TV sound bar delivers the clear audio your TV can’t. Sound bar with subwoofer produces powerful bass and surround sound, let you enjoy a dynamic home audio experience; With 110dB sound level pressure, VMAI sound bar delivers the heavy-bass performance, a detailed midrange, crisp treble, and beyond. Enjoy all the details of your music and movies.
- BLUETOOTH 5.0, THE SUPERB SOUND QUALITY - Our newest sound bar adopts Bluetooth 5.0 & DSP technology to ensure faster transmission speeds, stable connectivity, and smooth transmission in long distance with low consumption. This soundbar is so versatile you can place it almost anywhere. And with Bluetooth connectivity, you can play your favorite music anywhere. We’ve carefully engineered a custom sound bar material so we can provide you with true 3D stereo premium sound.
- FOUR DIFFERENT SOUND MODE - Music, Movie, News & 3D mode adjusting by using the included remote control! The remote also allows you to increase or reduce treble and bass based on your preference. The additional volume and power control are conveniently located at the right side of the sound bar.
- MULTIPLE INPUT OPTIONS AND EASY SET UP - Aside from one of our newest feature Bluetooth 5.0 from your smartphones, tablet, PC and other Bluetooth enabled devices; there are also wired connection including HDMI ARC, Optical, USB (Flash drive only), and AUX input, compatible with TVs, projectors, computers, Blu-ray players, tablet, PS4, Amplifiers, and more! We upgraded the package to include both premium 5 ft Optical cable and 5 ft RCA to 3.5 mm cable.
- A DILIGENT DESIGN & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY - VMAI engineered the soundbar almost impossibly thin measuring less than 2.5-inch-high, and a jet-black surface. With luxury Touch-button design, you can control power/ volume on the side easily. VMAI sound bar comes with mount bracket in the package, which allows you to mount this elegant sound bar on your living room. Every VMAI sound bar will go through a strict quality test process before sending out. We offer 12 months warranty to our customer!
Easy To Set: Polk Audio Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar Review
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver beautiful rich sound with deep bass. Polk’s exclusive voice adjust technology & Dolby digital decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays
- Excellent sound and value on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- Wirelessly stream music from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built-in bluetooth technology
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes
Highly Configured: BYL Sound Bar Review
- Upgraded Version: High-sensitivity remote control displays the different modes by means of different colored LED lights. Deep bass, improved power (Up to 100W).Powerful bass and crystal-clear sound for all your movies, music and TV shows. Fit for 40Inch--65Inch Smart TV.
- 40 Inches TV Sound Bar: Built-in 4 full range speakers and 2 tweeters speakers(total 100Watt) enjoy 105 dB of room filling,and built-in 2 bass reflex tubes, adds rich bass to your TV.
- Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmission: Bluetooth wireless transmission technology, strong anti-interference, lossless audio transmission, 360-degree sound, let you have a high-quality home audio system, enjoy the luxury of music.
- DSP Technology and Multiple Interfaces: This technology let you have three choices for sound effects: news, movie and music. You can choose according to your current situation. This Sound bar has Optical, RCA, Aux in and USB, Bluetooth input.
- Service: Lifetime technical support, any questions, please feel free to contact us ([email protected])..
Great Budget Choice: WOHOME 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar Review
- 32-Inch TV Sound Bar: with built-in subwoofer provides powerful bass, enhance home-audio systems, great for small environments, suit for 32" or above TVs including Samsung, Vizio, TCL, LG, Sharp, Philips, Sony, and many more TVs
- 2.1 Channel Soundbar: come with 2x 20w full-range speakers and 1x 20w sub-range speakers, output surround sound for all your movies, music and TV shows, Enjoy 97 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion
- 4 Sound Mode: designed with DSP Technology, support 4 sound modes including movie, news, music default sound mode, what's more, default mode can adjust bass and treble
- Wired and Wireless: support wireless Bluetooth 5.0, supply optical cable and AUX cable for wired connection
- Great Customer Service: we offer 100% satisfaction service and lifetime technical support, any questions, please feel free to contact us via Amazon message or contact info on the service card
Rich Bass: JBL Bar Home Theater Starter System Review
- Designed with a slimmer profile, the full–featured, easy–to–use JBL bar 2. 1 features Dolby digital, JBL Surround sound, 300W system power and a wireless 6. 5” subwoofer to provide balanced sound and deep bass for your movies, music and even video games
- Full featured in every sense of the word, it has an HDMI input as well as aux and USB wired connections that enable you to round out your home entertainment options even more
- You can Moreover control the soundbar with your existing TV remote control, The JBL bar 2. 1 clearly raises the bar for Soundbars
- The 300W of power output ensures great audio performance for your movies and music
- Enjoy rich, Deep bass from the 6. 5" (165mm) wireless subwoofer, as well as the convenience of flexible placement without the hassle of wires
Room-filling Sound: VIZIO 2.1 Sound Bar Review
- 2.1 Audio Channels
- Sound Pressure Level 95dB
- Wireless Subwoofer; Subwoofer Dimensions 7.67 W x 7.67 H x 7.67 D Inches
- Bluetooth Streaming; Power input 120 volt, 60 hertz
- System Frequency:50 hertz 19 kilohertz.Subwoofer: subwoofer driver: 5.25 inch
Great For Movies: TCL Home Theater Sound Bar Review
- Clean and loud sound packed in a minimalistic design
- Wireless subwoofer for extra bass and flexible placement
- Specially tuned to deliver distortion-free sound at any volume. Subwoofer Size (WxHxD)-8.3 x 12.9 x 9.8 inches
- Sound modes (music, movies, and news) optimize performance based on content
- Eight dedicated powerful audio components to reproduce complete sound spectrum with pristine accuracy
Compact Size: Sceptre Sound Bar Home Speakers Review
- Length: The 20" Power Soundbar produces clear and robust sound from a sleek and compact body to enhance your audio experience.
- Subwoofer: The unique design of the down-firing subwoofer is an advancement from traditional bulky and tall subwoofers. Engineered to be compact in design without compromising the integrity of powerful, deep bass.
- Connectivity: Built with more than one way of connection (3.5mm Stereo Input x 1, Coaxial Digital Input x 1, Optical Digital Input x 1, Bluetooth Input x 1, Subwoofer Input x 1).
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and EDR (Enhance Data Rate) Technology.
- Wall Mountable: Yes, 19.69” x 2.60” x 2.56” (Sound Bar) / 19.33” x 9.29” x 2.79” (Subwoofer)
Dual Built-in Subwoofers: Yamaha Sound Bar
- Easy setup with HDMI or optical connections
- Built in subwoofers for deep bass in 1 slim sound bar
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity. Output power: 120 W
- Alexa built in for voice control of your sound bar, playing music, listening to news, setting alarms and timers, asking questions, controlling smart home devices, and more
- With Alexa, playing music is as simple as asking for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon music and more
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Soundbars Under 200
How to choose the best budget soundbar
Before buying, you need to determine exactly what you want and how much you are willing to spend. When choosing such equipment, we advise you to carefully study the characteristics of the soundbar and its capabilities. Let’s make sure what exactly deserves special attention in the best TV soundbar under 200:
Speakers are present in each device and can reproduce the full range or only part of the frequencies that hear the person’s ear. Depending on this, they can be broadband with sound from 80 to 12000 Hz, low-frequency – 16-30 Hz, mid-frequency – 200-5000 Hz and high-frequency – 2000-30000 Hz. Also, they can differ in appearance, design, and shape. The number of speakers installed in the panel varies.
Power of the Subwoofer and Speakers
Of course, it is better to evaluate this indicator in a real store. There you can hear how the best budget soundbar really sounds, but if this option is not possible, look at the total number. In this case, the more it is, the louder is the sound and the system will be heard more clearly. Without taking into account the characteristics of the subwoofer, the total comfortable watt speakers for an average-sized apartment are from 80 to 100 W, although higher is also possible. The maximum reserve is important because at 85-100% of the volume even the best models sometimes have distortions.
Number of Channels
The more channels the best cheap soundbar has, the more interesting and rich the sound will be. For example, if you have a 2.0 configuration, then this is an ordinary stereo system, and 4.1, 5.1 and higher give you a voluminous, saturated, maximally realistic and detailed home theater sound.
There should be no special difficulties. Today even the best cheap soundbar copes with a set of standard formats.
Panel or Stand
It all depends on your wishes and where you want your equipment to be located. The best soundbar under 200 can be hung on the wall, placed near or, in general, under the TV.
Built-in or External Subwoofer
Immediately it is worth saying that for those who appreciate the depth and power of sound, the external subwoofer is more preferable. Many manufacturers claim that their integrated subwoofers are in no way inferior to the detached ones, but it is difficult to believe in it. To place a good, large low-frequency radiator in a compact panel at the moment, unfortunately, is not realistic.
Based on budget soundbar reviews, the simplest soundbars usually have in their arsenal audio connectors and a USB port, sometimes also an optical input. The more advanced models have HDMI, and the more they are available, the more devices, such as a tablet, a set-top box or a disc player, you can connect.
Thanks to Bluetooth, you can broadcast to the audio panel directly from your smartphone, use your phone as a remote control. But Wi-Fi will allow you to attach the best budget soundbar to your home multi-room system.
When we are talking about additional features, we mean integrated disc player, for example. If you do not need such extra features, then they are not important parts of the best soundbar under 200 you need to purchase.
Best Soundbars Under 200 Types
As we already know, best TV soundbars under $200 are created as an addition to TVs with LCD and plasma displays and can be installed on a shelf or on a table under the TV. Many models of such devices are also adapted for hanging on the wall (sometimes they come with the appropriate attachment equipment).
According to their configuration soundbars are divided into two types: active and passive. Although the configuration type has little effect on sound quality, the way to connect different types of audio panels to your equipment will be slightly different.
Active top cheap soundbars are designed to be used as independent audio systems. This makes them very convenient since you can simply connect the sound outputs of your TV to the device, and it won’t only play the sound, but will also serve as an amplifier, without any additional connection to an external amplifier or receiver. In addition, the most advanced models have analog and digital audio outputs for connecting one or two additional devices, such as a DVD / Blu-ray Disc player or Cable / Satellite Box. Best TV soundbar under 200 may even have built-in Bluetooth, which makes it possible to access audio content from compatible portable devices.
In turn, the passive soundbar is devoid of the built-in amplifier function and for the reproduction of sound needs, respectively, in connection to the receiver of the home theater or external amplifier. A passive soundbar can often be described as a 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 speaker system (LCR), the feature of which is that the left, center and right channels are located in the same housing and have a single connection. Although it is not as self-sufficient as its active companion, the best soundbar under 200 of this type, due to its compactness, is still a very welcome acquisition. It combines three main channels in one housing, which can be placed either above the flat screen or below it. The quality of the sound panels can be different, but the idea itself is very attractive in terms of style and save space.
In addition to the above classification, the top soundbars under 200 are different in design. They can be combined into the following classes:
- A soundbar with a built-in subwoofer. It is installed on a solid surface, which aligns the sound and transmits the oscillations of the low-frequency speakers with the downward diffuser.
- With a stand-alone subwoofer. With this design, individual sounds are felt much better and brighter. The soundbar is usually more compact than in the first case, and the sub is wired or wirelessly connected.
- Soundbase. It looks like a stand for TV, which saves space. Often such models include Blu-ray / DVD players, various Smart TV functionality, additional features, and at the same time have a very durable casing that can withstand TV of any diagonal.
With removable speakers. The speakers are on the edges of the device, they are easily removed, and installing them on the sides or behind your back, you get the effect of a real home theater.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Now it’s a high time to speak in more detail about the Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System as it is absolutely the best soundbar 2020 under 200. Based on our budget soundbar reviews, this device is the top pick because of its numerous features. After testing a dozen portable soundbars, we learned to anticipate their advantages and disadvantages – even before we get a new best soundbar under 200 out of the box. It is the most amazing portable acoustics from all that we at homemakerguide have ever seen. And it’s not about the functions, but about the amazing sound quality of this best budget soundbar. This small oval device plays in such a way that the pulse increases. A small and strict best soundbar under 200 from Bose expects to reproduce high frequencies well, without affecting the brightness of the vocals and the effect of the presence of instruments. The speech if also very clear. So, if you are really looking for the best soundbar under 200, this should be your choice #1.