- 1 Comparison Table of The 10 Best Tool Box
- 1.1 Best Overall: Heavy Duty Option - Milwaukee Electric Tool Rolling Tool Box Review
- 1.2 Well-built: Industrial Quality - Homak Industrial Steel Toolbox Review
- 1.3 Flexible Platform: DEWALT TSTAK Tool Box Review
- 1.4 Perfect Size: Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Chest Toolbox Review
- 1.5 Handy & Durable Handle: Husky Tool Organizer Box Review
- 1.6 Compact: Stanley 16-inch Tool Box Review
- 1.7 Lightweight: Keter 241008 Plastic Portable Tool Box Review
- 1.8 Shatterproof: Ridgid Professional Tool Storage Review
- 1.9 Multipurpose: US General 99729 6 Compartment Drawer Organizer Review
- 1.10 Designed For Women: Apollo Tools With Tool Box Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: Best Tool Box
- 3 Our Recommendation for 2020
Comparison Table of The 10 Best Tool Box
Best Overall: Heavy Duty Option - Milwaukee Electric Tool Rolling Tool Box Review
A rolling toolbox is a must-have for everyone who cherishes the work they do. A plumber, electrician, or a contractor, who put as much as they can in a backpack, wander from client to client, exhausted and gloomy. How will they perform on the next day or the day after that? Milwaukee Electric Tool Box is somewhere near the top of a price range. But all professionals will dig it. Once you buy it, you get much more than just a container to store your instrument. Everything is right at hand, and all can be transported easily as luggage.
If you are more after excellent quality than the low price, Milwaukee travel toolbox with wheels is a top-notch offer for you.
Why We Like It
- Large-diameter wheels won't go astray on any surface
- All latches, hinges, and bolts are extra durable
- Works with other Packout units integrating into an unparalleled portable storage system
- The handle is grade-extension and damage-proof
Well-built: Industrial Quality - Homak Industrial Steel Toolbox Review
Modern tool boxes can be fine, but none gives you the feel only a classic small metal tool box does. Homak has created a storage masterpiece combining the convenience of contemporary boxes and old-school design. The advantages of their 20-Inch Industrial Steel Toolbox can be complemented with high durability of the steel finished with a powder coat paint. Besides, there are no unnecessary elements inside that might compromise the storage capacity. But it does feature a top tray that can be inserted or removed, following your needs. The box is equipped with a sturdy handle for easy movement.
One of the best toolbox solutions for trucks will always help you keep your tools at hand.
Why We like It
- Looks gorgeous, nothing in excess
- Damage-resistant material
- The padlock that won't go flimsy in years or even decades
- Has a removable tray
Flexible Platform: DEWALT TSTAK Tool Box Review
Plastic is plastic, isn't it? Some do still think that metal toolboxes are more reliable. But not when it comes to DEWALT boxes. Made of polypropylene, DEWALT TSTAK Tool Box is highly resistant and, at the same time, lightweight. This particular unit is perfect for carrying larger items, keeping them safe from any damages. The handle is durable and will never let you down. In addition to a large section, this box has a tray that can be removed, once you don't need it. Besides, extra storage space in the lid gives you more options for organizing your instruments.
TSTAK offers an innovative toolbox organization that will make your job more enjoyable.
Why We Like It
- Doesn't add too much to the weight of your load
- Increased durability of the material
- Ideal for corded and cordless instruments and their smaller bits
- Can be combined with other TSTAK units making a convenient organization system
Perfect Size: Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Chest Toolbox Review
Ensuring that you always have everything you need at hand, Craftsman has created a storage box for tools that will improve your working process. Their 3-Drawer Metal Portable Chest Toolbox is finished in classic red color and made of a durable metal alloy. The size is what you need it to be if you are not seeking for a chest to store large items, like drills. As for smaller instruments, it is very commodious, having three 2-inch drawers and a 2.5-inch top tray. Trustworthy latches are fully in charge of closing the lid.
It is a solid professional toolbox with drawers for easy access and organization.
- The drawers will make all your instruments organized
- Thanks to the latches you don't have to worry that it will all collapse when you carry the chest
- The latches are reinforced with hasp and staple
- The handle is convenient to relocate the chest quickly
- Rather heavy
- For inside storage only
Handy & Durable Handle: Husky Tool Organizer Box Review
For some, a mobile toolbox still seems like a waste of money. A couple of cases and number of cans — isn't it more reasonable to invest in the tools, not in the box? But what if the tools you use daily and more than once per day are literally unbearable? Husky Organizer Box is obviously not the cheapest option on our list. But it is more than a tool chest. It has a specially designed cantilever lid with built-in containers. The latches are super resistant to abuse and wear. It won't let the box fling open.
Searching for a big heavy-duty toolbox that is light enough to carry around, place in a car, or even take on a plane? Husky has got you covered!
- Rigid material with dependable hardware make it last
- Sturdy wheels that are really capable of carrying the full box without snapping off
- Light and ergonomic
- Keeps all your meta instrument safe — no rusting!
- Though it shows high resilience to weather, it is not 100% waterproof
Compact: Stanley 16-inch Tool Box Review
This toolbox organizer is not large but very convenient. It can be both used to store multiple tackles or a single large instrument, like a drill or a grinder. The hard plastic is banded with nickel latches creating a consistent storage unit. Stanley Tool Box will suit professionals and DIYers who often need to carry a small number of instruments around. The unit is equipped with a movable tray, which allows you to use the internal space effectively. To store small things, use two practical organizers on the lid.
This small toolbox will surprise you with its price and, more than that, with its quality.
- High-quality plastic is light and sturdy
- Has a padlock eye
- Doesn't get flimsy after multiple usages
- Cheap, but not cheaply made
- Due to its size, it is rather an additional toolbox than a universal one
Lightweight: Keter 241008 Plastic Portable Tool Box Review
Any advanced toolbox organizer allows you to keep most things you need in one place. But sometimes you need more. All handymen agree that bit by bit, small items make your set too heavy. The corded tools will add a lot to your load, too. Still, need to carry it all around? Keter offers the solution you have been searching for: the ultimate Keter 241008 Tool Box. This cart is easily portable, equipped with two durable wheels. The lids slide wide open to make everything inside accessible with no effort. Its upper bins also have a sliding mechanism.
It is not just a lightweight toolbox. Portable and spacious, it will come in handy for professional use and occasional repairs at home.
- Long-lasting material
- Organized inner space
- Two-story construction for separating frequently used items from those you rarely need, and small instrument from the larger ones
- Removable bins are easy to locate and relocate
- Is not waterproof
Shatterproof: Ridgid Professional Tool Storage Review
RIDGID's innovation isn't another roll around a toolbox. It's a sturdy multifunctional construction for those who understand that the reliability of such an item is worth a lot. Thanks to the latches, you can easily combine three storage boxes into the RIGID Tool Storage system, building a small 'garage' you can carry around. Each box is protected from unintentional opening. It fits everything: from drill bits and nails to a massive corded drill. This box can equally be used in the professional sphere and everyday life. It is very spacious and helps to organize the items needed for work.
A professional who has gone the whole way from buying a mini plastic toolbox to obtaining this one will appreciate every feature of this storage option.
- Manufactured from high impact resin
- Boxes can be used separately and simultaneously
- Has large metal latches to keep the construction together
- Boxes stack easily, so no effort is to be wasted
- Keeps all your instruments away from dust, rain, or whatever that might spoil them
- Not compatible with other systems, but what else do you need?
Multipurpose: US General 99729 6 Compartment Drawer Organizer Review
This compact toolbox is a wonderful contribution to your tool warehouse. It can be placed inside a tool chest. And it is really easy to say whether this toolbox is what you need because the manufacturer has provided you with the precise dimension of the item. This makes it perfectly compatible with any drawer of a corresponding size. US General 99729 6 Compartment Drawer Organizer is made of strong plastic and suitable for storage tackle and building materials. It will also be of use to painters, tailors, architects, etc. The organizer takes no effort to relocate wherever you need it.
US General Organizer is a lovely alternative to other options when it comes to your professional needs or garage tool storage.
- Made of sturdy polypropylene
- A very affordable item of the top quality
- Fitting most tool chests and boxes
- No lid, so if you need it to be portable, put it in a toolbox
Designed For Women: Apollo Tools With Tool Box Review
Sometimes, we just need a quick solution to our DIY ideas. This will surely be a toolbox with tools. Apollo Tools presents Original 39 Piece General Repair Hand Tool Set with Tool Box. It is hard to tell what is essential here. First, it gives you all the instruments you might need at hand, organized, and protected. Overall, it contains 39 pieces: from scissors to a Steel Claw Hammer. This product is a part of the Pink Ribbon initiative. That is why it is finished in the pink-black color scheme.
Not every lady will appreciate a toolbox with wheels, you know. This set is for those who need it as it is (handy and durable for home use, inexpensive, and pink), not for professionals.
- Company has gone the extra mile by donating 50 cents from each kit purchased to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - Pink Ribbon initiative
- A perfect gift to a woman: thoughtful and practical
- This kit contains tools irreplaceable at every home
- An extra-durable toolbox will be a great addition to your household
- While some tool handles are ergonomic and suitable for frequent use, others are not
Buyer’s Guide: Best Tool Box
How to Choose the Best Tool Box
Above, we have enumerated the most important features to take into account when you pick a toolbox. Also, focus on the goals you have in mind. You may need the best portable toolbox or tool organizers for a toolbox.
The Quality Of The Material And Construction
As you know, a toolbox can be made of metal, plastic, resin, or wood. It doesn’t mean that one material type is in any way better than the other. But quality really matters. If you can’t decide between metal or plastic box for garage tool storage, for example, it is always better to choose superior plastic than lousy metal.
The Inner Organization
A toolbox might have many compartments: drawers, in-lid containers, separate bins, removable trays, etc. The way they are combined and located should be convenient in the most natural way. For example, it will be inconvenient if regularly used items were more accessible than those you do not constantly need. The organization should be based on your work goals, too. As such, an automotive toolbox should have smaller containers than the one in which you are going to store your universal tools. Similarly, the best toolbox for trucks will be different from boxes that fit smaller sedan models.
It is a very subjective issue in the choice of the best tool chest, box, or organizer. Even the price tags on the items on our list can vary by hundreds of dollars. No wonder that plastic organizers for tool cabinets are considerably cheaper than professional tool kits or rolling storage systems. Thus, you should compare the prices of similar products and evaluate the price-quality ratio. Please mind that a box for tools should last for a long time. So, it is usually reasonable not to buy cheaply made items to save some money.
Best Tool Box Types
Portable Tool Box
Portable toolboxes are the most numerous and diverse group. In fact, these are all boxes that can be moved from one location to another. They might or might not have wheels. If they don’t, such boxes have a practical handle for you to carry it around. It should also be lightweight because you are going to fill it with a rather heavy instrument.
Tool Box On Wheels
The best toolbox 2020 and its counterparts have all-terrain wheels about 8-9 inches in diameter. They are usually produced of resilient material, which makes them next to unbreakable. Different in sizes, functions, and the organization of the interior, they are stackable with other boxes from the same manufacturer.
Tool Box With Drawers
The fact is that drawers are very convenient for multiple purposes. They allow you to organize your instruments in the best way. You don’t have to apply extra effort to get something from the box, like removing bins or trays, etc. As for toolboxes that have them, they can be wooden, metal, or plastic. If you need a portable version, pick the plastic or metal ones. Pay extra attention to the drawers slides. There is nothing more disappointing than having to repair a slide in a relatively new toolbox.
Metal Tool Box
Metal is obviously heavier than plastic. But it is still suitable for large toolbox options, except for lightweight carts. To make sure that your metal toolbox is safe from rust, choose the one with powder coating.
Plastic Tool Box
These items are the most popular worldwide. They are cheaper and lighter as compared to others. As opposed to a popular misbelief, plastic can often be more damage-resistant than metal. It hugely depends on the manufacturer and the technologies used in the production of a particular box. So, picking a high-quality waterproof toolbox made of plastic is a good deal.
Wood Tool Box
A wood toolbox is a basic storage option for home and garage use. They have many variations from the simplest ones to those with drawers. In the contemporary world, they are unsuitable for professional use if you need increased mobility. Larger boxes are not portable at all. But, as an addition to your workshop or studio storage system, they might work well.
Our Recommendation for 2020
Anyone needs a storage box for instruments, no matter how often they use them. It will help to organize the space and is indispensable when you have to transport instruments from the garage to the house or workplace and vice versa. It is also important that such an organization will reduce the time it takes to find the item you need right now. HomeMakerGuide has come up with a list of the best-seller options of the year. These can meet any purpose you have and make your life easier. The best toolbox 2020, according to our chart, is Rolling Tool Box by Milwaukee. This portable cart is multifunctional and very well-made. We have also described other advantageous options for your convenience.